Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvNkjJyzrA

I've lost control of my life.

Oh Jesus it's a snipe too gently caress

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
As the signal slowly beams across the galaxy, the aliens only stumble onto WCW at the tail end of its existence, when Jeff Jarrett had all the stroke and was the chosen one. Once WCW ends, they panic and desperately search for other wrestling broadcasts, only to finally receive TNA. They rightly surmise from this programming that Jeff Jarrett is the most important and revered human on Earth. Soon, they too begin to worship him and his trademark Memphis heat spots. The Church of Slapnuts is formed. Converts are baptized with a guitar shot to the head. Beautiful statues of Double J are erected, made out of pure Global Force Gold. Finally, Planet Jarrett has become a reality.

Tato fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 9, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
dub ya see dub ya

rasslin

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
look at the adjective...play

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maxwell Lord posted:

I tend to see TNA and WCW as just different phases of a long-existing curse.

His name is Jeff Jarrett, and if he was anyone else's kid he'd have a career on the level of Nunzio.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Maigius posted:

TMNT, Big Sexy doesn't job in WCW.

Nash jobbed to himself in that movie. Seriously, he just keeps punching dock supports while Michaelangelo screams "You're gonna hurt yourself!" and then it collapses on top of him.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The support beams were a visual metaphor for Super Shredder's quads. It's cinema.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was there a particular reason a bunch of people were popping quads all around the same time? It seems Triple H, Nash, and Vince all seemed to tear theirs within a couple years of one another.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nash jobbed to himself in that movie. Seriously, he just keeps punching dock supports while Michaelangelo screams "You're gonna hurt yourself!" and then it collapses on top of him.

Yeah, after the outcry about the violence of the first one, the Turtles weren't allowed to use their weapons on people in the second one

dumb as poo poo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Was there a particular reason a bunch of people were popping quads all around the same time? It seems Triple H, Nash, and Vince all seemed to tear theirs within a couple years of one another.

Trips and Vince are likely for the obvious reasons, and Nash has had bad legs since he played basketball.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

steroids

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, after the outcry about the violence of the first one, the Turtles weren't allowed to use their weapons on people in the second one

dumb as poo poo

So afraid of violence is the sequel that the villain has to defeat themselves.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kevin Nash put Thomas Jane over pretty well in Punisher

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And he peaced the gently caress out of the first John Wick.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And he peaced the gently caress out of the first John Wick.

I laughed so hard when I saw that scene. Ain't even doing a job in a movie

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That was loving great. Spoke like 3 lines, got the night off, and was outta there. Peak Nash.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

That was loving great. Spoke like 3 lines, got the night off, and was outta there. Peak Nash.

They could have kept bringing him back as the lackey who just dips and I wouldn't have been mad

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

"Why don't you take the night off?" sums up his career so well

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

"Why don't you take the night off?" sums up his career so well

it really, really does

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It’s funny how perceptions change over time. I remember back in the day everybody hated Nash because he was lazy and selfish. 20 years later it’s pretty much unanimous that Kevin Nash rules, largely because he’s lazy and selfish.

I’d mostly attribute that to getting old and having jobs, but I’d like to think his run in the X-Division had something to do with it too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s a lot easier when you’re not actually watching the show with him in it every week I guess

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He also hasn't been revealed to be racist or a sex offender or something, which helps, and with standards being so much lower nowadays it's easy to take his flaws in stride.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

It’s a lot easier when you’re not actually watching the show with him in it every week I guess

It's this, yeah. Watching him night in and night out be the laziest guy in the main event got really old really fast.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm ambivalent- it wasn't exactly cool to get himself over at the expense of his fellow workers, but it was cool and ethical to take his employers for all that they were worth. Seems like a cool enough guy now tho.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's funny that Nash took his employers for a ride several times but in 1999 he was management and his actions are a lot less cool then.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I don't recall people *really* turning on Nash until he ended Goldberg's streak and then was declared head booker in the span of a couple of months

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I WANNA CRACK THE CARDBOARD

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Meng with pizza and fan

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I was introduced to a lady at a wedding a few years ago because her husband was a wrestler in the 70’s. I forget the specifics (I was very drunk) but after he retired, her husband started a gym in Florida that a bunch of wrestlers would hang out at, and I guess they were all friends or whatever.
Anyway, she was very excited to talk about how she was friends with (among others) The Rocks Mom and had hung out with The Rock a bunch, I guess got to know him pretty well. So everybody around is all excited to hear this lady tell stories about the famous actor she knows, which admittedly is cool, but then she casually mentions this other wrestler that she is friends with, one she was pretty sure I’d never heard of, a guy who used to wrestle under the name Meng.

I was marking out bro.

So again, I reiterate that I was very drunk. My questions might not have been exactly coherent, my memories are certainly... foggy, but I’ll never forget the moment I had been waiting for, I asked the question:

“So I heard he bit a guys nose off one time?”

“Oh my god... how do you even know about that??” She seemed surprised, like it was some family secret nobody was supposed to know.

But nobody else wanted to hear about the time some wrestler bit a dudes nose off, so the conversation moved on and I had to leave to deal with my then-girlfriend, who was also very, very drunk. Good times.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was introduced to a lady at a wedding a few years ago because her husband was a wrestler in the 70’s. I forget the specifics (I was very drunk) but after he retired, her husband started a gym in Florida that a bunch of wrestlers would hang out at, and I guess they were all friends or whatever.
Anyway, she was very excited to talk about how she was friends with (among others) The Rocks Mom and had hung out with The Rock a bunch, I guess got to know him pretty well. So everybody around is all excited to hear this lady tell stories about the famous actor she knows, which admittedly is cool, but then she casually mentions this other wrestler that she is friends with, one she was pretty sure I’d never heard of, a guy who used to wrestle under the name Meng.

I was marking out bro.

So again, I reiterate that I was very drunk. My questions might not have been exactly coherent, my memories are certainly... foggy, but I’ll never forget the moment I had been waiting for, I asked the question:

“Oh my god... how do you even know about that??” She seemed surprised, like it was some family secret nobody was supposed to know.

But nobody else wanted to hear about the time some wrestler bit a dudes nose off, so the conversation moved on and I had to leave to deal with my then-girlfriend, who was also very, very drunk. Good times.

lmao that rules

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was marking out bro.

God bless.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahahaha that's fantastic

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

When I was probably like 14 or so my dad went to a Toyota dealership to look at a truck. The salesperson was driving us on a golf cart from the showroom to their Tundra inventory, when I saw their detailing manager, Meng. The only good story the salesman had was about some customer being a demanding jerk until Meng walked up, and his attitude did an immediate 180.

Ricky Santana worked there too, but I didn't see him.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I have a similar but less cool story from a wedding, which involved someone hearing me mention something about wrestling and so she told me how she'd briefly dated Duke "The Dumpster" Droese and wanted to confirm that he once wrestled the Undertaker as a trash man, because she assumed that was him making poo poo up.

I am looking it up now and there is no record of him wrestling the Undertaker, but in the moment all I could say is that he definitely wrestled in the same company, and his gimmick was in fact a garbageman.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Bragging about wrestling as a garbageman to impress the ladies.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edge & Christian posted:

I have a similar but less cool story from a wedding, which involved someone hearing me mention something about wrestling and so she told me how she'd briefly dated Duke "The Dumpster" Droese and wanted to confirm that he once wrestled the Undertaker as a trash man, because she assumed that was him making poo poo up.

I am looking it up now and there is no record of him wrestling the Undertaker, but in the moment all I could say is that he definitely wrestled in the same company, and his gimmick was in fact a garbageman.

Sure, he almost certainly never wrestled Taker, but he wrestled both Bastion Booger and Mantaur which is basically the same thing.

He also had a 9 match win streak over Triple H, albeit all on house shows.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was marking out bro.

this rules and is the most wrestlehut thing ever "yeah yeah you knew the rock whatever, MORE MENG STORIES"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

this rules and is the most wrestlehut thing ever "yeah yeah you knew the rock whatever, MORE MENG STORIES"

Meng seems far more interesting irl, tbh,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Meng seems far more interesting irl, tbh,
yes absolutely agreed but outside of wrestling nerds who actually cares about that over Big Muscley Celeb