Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Kivi posted:

I'm sure I'm missing a joke here but it's 1250 euro for a pole on the configurator :v:

Lol is this real? I bet this was without a shred of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Oh it was real

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
germany is such a strange country

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

:smith:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I prefer E36's myself. But in the main BMW were bloody excellent at doing conservative designs that actually looked great and have aged amazingly well before Bangle butts.

Also a range full of some of the finest handling cars to have existed and not a SUV in sights.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I want off this ride

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Just showed this to my wife.

"What?? Really? Why do they look like beavers? I'm excited to not feel like I want to buy one of those."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Not gonna lie, I'm getting used to it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

KillHour posted:

:same:

It looks...almost good in blue?

EDIT: Though that's probably just the shadows in that picture hiding the bottom half of the grill.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 9, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wheeee posted:

surprise it looks terrible in lower level trims and when it's not being professionally photographed at the perfect angle
They looked like garbage in that leaked brochure that showed up a few days ago too.

Not only does it look bad, but it's also very derivative, everyone's done the huge grille by now, they really should've tried to come up with another design element to stand out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

I still absolutly loathe it. Just a tiny bit of work and it would look much better. Like make it look like a evolution of the E36

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
The BMW grille is like one of those pictures where it can look like 2 different things depending on how your brain works, and once you notice the second thing, you can't see the first thing anymore. It just looks normal to me now (after seeing it lots and lots of times at this point) - I don't remember at all why it was super ugly to me the first time I saw it.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

It’s extremely ugly, this is a crazy difference of opinion for something so flawed and hideous

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Objectively bad design. 100%

Who was first to go with a huge grille anyway? BMW doesn't seem the sort to be copying someone else's steez (which is another mark against it).

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 9, 2020

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Objectively bad design. 100%

Who was first to go with a huge grille anyway? BMW doesn't seem the sort to be copying someone else's steez (which is another mark against it).

Audi started it.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Powershift can you photoshop an i8 grill onto a 4? Or they probably can't do that since they're going to have an i4 soon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Russian Bear posted:

Powershift can you photoshop an i8 grill onto a 4? Or they probably can't do that since they're going to have an i4 soon.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 9, 2020

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

BMW, there ya go LCI is ready for 2024. Pay this man.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

I would buy this.

You decide which one.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

How dare you

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sunaurus posted:

The BMW grille is like one of those pictures where it can look like 2 different things depending on how your brain works, and once you notice the second thing, you can't see the first thing anymore. It just looks normal to me now (after seeing it lots and lots of times at this point) - I don't remember at all why it was super ugly to me the first time I saw it.

It's two gray Chiclets glued to the front end and it's so bad it's causing aesthetic buffer overflows that make it wrap around to good for affected users.

Stare at this and see if you start to like it too.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Midjack posted:

Stare at this and see if you start to like it too.

It would need a little more work but I think that grille size works perfectly fine on that car.

Here's the M4 version of the big grille:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Oh dear. The plate on the front really helps and that's purely because it HIDES A LOT OF IT

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Except it looks worse with a front plate, much like every car ever.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

This reminds me of an Accord for some reason, though.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Subaru crosstrek getting a new motor for the top trims.

http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?id=1599

Dunno if i'll be able to hold onto the wheel with all that raw power.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bless Lada, they obviously realised they got it right first time. :whatup:

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Mr-Spain posted:

Subaru crosstrek getting a new motor for the top trims.

http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?id=1599

Dunno if i'll be able to hold onto the wheel with all that raw power.

Shame the 2.5 will no doubt be CVT-only.

Still nowhere near a turbo, but the extra oomph would be welcome.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Going by that press release, yeah the 2.5 is CVT only.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

This is nice looking.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

MrLogan posted:

This is nice looking.

It looks like an Accord.

Welp, the huge m4w (that’s a portmanteau of M4 and maw) now looks normal to me. The brainworms have taken hold. Send help

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Wonder if they’ll do anything about the soft brakes since there’s a bit more power. I drove one a while ago and those were my only complaints

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

chupacabron posted:

Wonder if they’ll do anything about the soft brakes since there’s a bit more power. I drove one a while ago and those were my only complaints

Are you talking about the Subaru or the BMW? If BMW, every one I've driven has the drat twitchiest brakes.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Charles posted:

Are you talking about the Subaru or the BMW? If BMW, every one I've driven has the drat twitchiest brakes.

Ah yeah, sorry, should have been more clear. The Subaru. Overall it’s exactly what I wanted in a daily, but just needed to be slightly interesting

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Is the belt line really as low on the new Supra as on the old?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Or you could say the Mk IV already had a high beltline

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I saw a Mk4 next to a new Supra at a dealership and they're pretty close. The new Supra swoops up a bit more on the sides, iirc.

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

These are lovely and I would like to subscribe to your onlyfans.