Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dewgy posted:

What is this song? It's awesome, and Shazam has failed me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIz-9CHVQUc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Also guys if you want Fisttag and you've already grabbed the itch.io bundle, please go post in the donation thread with how much you donated (And I'll give you the tag*)

We're probably gonna break $60k USD soon :slick:

*Tomorrow.. cause I'm going to sleep now :v:

Curse you new page :argh:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Infinitum - "I'm going to bed"

Also Infinitum - look at all these posts

go to bed maaaaaaaaaaate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

go to bed maaaaaaaaaaate

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Clearing out the backlog and picked back up A Hat in Time and it makes me mad how plain the first chapter is because everything else is so funny and creative.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
God damnit I have so many new games to play (especially after the itch bundle) but all I can think about is doing a new run through Dragon Age: Origins :negative:

I think I'll go with one of the Dwarf origins, not sure weather I'll go noble or commoner yet... has anyone played both and has opinions on which one is better?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Saint Freak posted:

I'm only trusting my fists by doing a powerstance caestus run of DS2SotFS.

My skills have uh, dwindled a bit since I last played apparently.

I believe in you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a glitch posted:

God damnit I have so many new games to play (especially after the itch bundle) but all I can think about is doing a new run through Dragon Age: Origins :negative:

I think I'll go with one of the Dwarf origins, not sure weather I'll go noble or commoner yet... has anyone played both and has opinions on which one is better?

Noble has some funny dialogue if you don’t mind being ruthless and a dick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

a glitch posted:

Dwarf Commoner is where it's at.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im trapped in a hole called "tarkov"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I've been watching chess strategy videos nonstop for the past week and I don't even play chess. Maybe I should start.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:woop:

Thanks! Just added like, all of their albums to my library. This is right up my alley.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching someone on Twitch do their first playthrough of Mother 3 https://www.twitch.tv/karkalla this is my first time ever seeing the game myself.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I've been watching chess strategy videos nonstop for the past week and I don't even play chess. Maybe I should start.

if you find chess to be a little too pedestrian perhaps i might be able to recommend a little something called advance wars

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Watching someone on Twitch do their first playthrough of Mother 3 https://www.twitch.tv/karkalla this is my first time ever seeing the game myself.

I really loved Mother 3. It does clever things with silent protagonists (whoever you're controlling as your main character is silent, even if they speak before and after you control them, which is something Earthbound also does) and expertly balances being funny and sad right up until the end just shatters your heart into pieces.

Also the whole story revolves around an imperialist society imposing capitalism on an idyllic, collectivist community and ruining the whole loving world in the process.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Harrow posted:

I really loved Mother 3. It does clever things with silent protagonists (whoever you're controlling as your main character is silent, even if they speak before and after you control them, which is something Earthbound also does) and expertly balances being funny and sad right up until the end just shatters your heart into pieces.

Also the whole story revolves around an imperialist society imposing capitalism on an idyllic, collectivist community and ruining the whole loving world in the process.

Sounds like someone hasn’t been spending enough time in front of their Happy Box. You don’t want to be struck by lightning, do you?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Looper posted:

if you find chess to be a little too pedestrian perhaps i might be able to recommend a little something called advance wars

Chess is really fascinating to me because there are obviously incredibly skilled players but so much of the way chess strategy is described seems so deterministic. Like "white has a 50/50 chance of winning if the king's gambit is accepted, this move is played about 75% of the time on this square," that kind of thing. You'd think people would have mathematically figured out everything about this game by now but there's still the opportunity for elegant and quite beautiful player expression!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why play chess when chess 2 exists

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Chess is really fascinating to me because there are obviously incredibly skilled players but so much of the way chess strategy is described seems so deterministic. Like "white has a 50/50 chance of winning if the king's gambit is accepted, this move is played about 75% of the time on this square," that kind of thing. You'd think people would have mathematically figured out everything about this game by now but there's still the opportunity for elegant and quite beautiful player expression!

The sheer number of possible game states makes a lot of these sorts of things difficult to answer definitively. It's a bit like how there are so many possible states of a shuffled deck of cards that for all intents and purposes every properly-shuffled deck has almost certainly never existed in that same configuration at any time in history and will never exist again.

Also the human factor makes things extremely weird. There are rock-paper-scissors championships and people who actually regularly perform well in them, despite the fact that it really should be 100% up to chance.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Currently playing Stellaris and Apex, but I also just started PSO 2 and I've been meaning to get back into Tarkov.

Also I've been simming a lot of Fire Pro Wrestling World because I'm weird and really enjoy doing that kind of thing.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

nice semi-racist meme, why are the black folks pawns and not kings

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ymgve posted:

nice semi-racist meme, why are the black folks pawns and not kings

it represents poc uniting to overthrow the white ruling class

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah, dictatorship of the proletariat

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dewgy posted:

:woop:

Thanks! Just added like, all of their albums to my library. This is right up my alley.

Kids (reprise)
Explorers
The Comeback Kid
Vampires
Los Angeles
Tokyo Night Train
Lonely City
Synthetic (instrumental - just think it works better)

are all personal favourites :)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

homeless snail posted:

ah, dictatorship of the proletariat

Ochlocracy now!

It's actually not that fun to say come to think of it. Doesn't have a corporate jingle feel to it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
i loving love wreckfest

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All I know about chess is the episode of Lexx that's just a chess game. It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvfOgglcR_w

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lexx had a lotta boobies in it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chess is best enjoyed as a metaphorical device

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I joined the mafia in Boiling Point and they had me go rescue a courier that the government had taken hostage. Of course this means having to shoot some dudes along the way to rescue their courier. Some of the ways the corpses lie though are funny. I didn't take a screenshot of it but yesterday there was a guy whose corpse was, from the waist down, flat on the ground, but from the waist up, turned 180 degrees around and 90 degrees upright. Dude died and turned into an L block.

Then there's this guy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

Lexx had a lotta boobies in it.

It's a good show

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm typing up the OP for that book club thread so if you have suggestions nows the time, if you post jokes or dumb poo poo i'm gonna quote your post and call you a 'freaking goober' so beware

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Suggestions for games or suggestions for thread titles?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i liked the game where you go on a lesbian tea date with a bee alien girl. you should book club it

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Suggestions for games or suggestions for thread titles?

i'm just choosing a game for the first one so the thread isn't people waffling about what to do but I am open to thread title suggestions

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Otacon's Book Club

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about:
June Chat Thread: Only Trust Your Fists

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm typing up the OP for that book club thread so if you have suggestions nows the time, if you post jokes or dumb poo poo i'm gonna quote your post and call you a 'freaking goober' so beware

Sagebrush, with a big fat content warning that just says "every thing you can imagine a story about a cult needing a content warning for"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

game clubs before dubs