Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

BiggerBoat posted:

Fuckin MUTT!

"I'd gently caress him in his rear end, I hosed kids like that in the can. In the rear end I hosed 'em!"

I always liked that line, it seems so weird to hear a made guy brag about something like that.

The guy next to him is John Ciarcia, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vichan posted:

The guy next to him is John Ciarcia, by the way.

Holy poo poo. I never would have guessed.

He got a lot heavier in his old age eh.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Left alone, Paulie lets his fears assail him once more, then forces them aside. Picking up his reflector, Paulie catches the sun and bounces it back under his chin to bake it to an even more leathery brown. Relaxing in the sun, he fails to note the cat wander up by the front of the store and settle down nearby to enjoy the sun itself. Maybe it's Christopher's spirit reborn, maybe it's just that cats like non-cat people because they unknowingly give all the social cues to let cats know it's cool to hang around, or maybe it's just a cat enjoying the sun. In any case, this is the last time we will ever see Paulie Gualtieri, unknowingly sharing space with his nemesis... a cat he thinks is haunted. I can't think of a better way to sum up his character than that, really.

He looks so lonely :( did we ever see anyone else than the gang drink coffee outside the pork store?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Towards the end of the series Tony let Harris eat inside as well as sit outside.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I read the political cartoons thread, so now you must all join in my suffering:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Because we never, ever saw a cop on the take in The Sopranos.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Xander77 posted:

I read the political cartoons thread, so now you must all join in my suffering:

Hahahaha yeah the cops were so good at keeping Tony in line.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnknownImmaculateKinglet-mobile.mp4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think the only good cop was the one Charles S. Dutton played and he was trying his best because he was being harassed within his department for being black.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

loving cretin. Paulie never called him Tony

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think the only good cop was the one Charles S. Dutton played and he was trying his best because he was being harassed within his department for being black.

Didn't they also hate him because they felt he was a goody-two-shoes?

I'm starting to wonder if the guy who made that comic even watched the Sopranos.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Was that the guy that got dressed down/demoted after writing Tony the speeding ticket and wound up refusing his bribe at the gardening store? Because if not he's on the list. He seemed OK.

Also, gently caress that cartoon.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What point is that cartoon even trying to make? Paulies upset the police are defunded?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

banned from Starbucks posted:

What point is that cartoon even trying to make? Paulies upset the police are defunded?

If you get rid of cops then criminals will be in control

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You wouldn't happen to have a clearer picture of the one in the top left would you? It has a wonderful Mad Magazine feel to it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jerusalem posted:

You wouldn't happen to have a clearer picture of the one in the top left would you? It has a wonderful Mad Magazine feel to it.

I'll have to take a look.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :xd:

Also.... why is Fozzy the Bear in there?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You got a problem with the Foz?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Relax, I'm just breaking balls over here!
angrily belittles minimum wage employee

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Who is that on the left? Then it looks like Richie, Pussy, Charmaine, Johnny Sack, and... a moderator, maybe?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is it Joey Peeps?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, that's Joey Peeps. He didn't look like he was doing too well. And the one on the right is a moderator.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've heard Vincent Curatola is a nice guy from those who've met him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Curatola and Katherine Narducci were both fantastic, as was Federico Castellucio. Honestly, the only people we had issues with were Jason Cerbone (Jackie Jr.) who obviously did not want to be there, and Vincent Pastore, who was more interested in selling the mountain of his own crap from his table. And he wouldn't be as chummy if he realized you weren't buying a mousepad with his face on it or what the gently caress ever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Curatola and Katherine Narducci were both fantastic, as was Federico Castellucio. Honestly, the only people we had issues with were Jason Cerbone (Jackie Jr.) who obviously did not want to be there, and Vincent Pastore, who was more interested in selling the mountain of his own crap from his table. And he wouldn't be as chummy if he realized you weren't buying a mousepad with his face on it or what the gently caress ever.

No offense to Cerbone (well, I guess a little) but looking at his filmography where else does he have to be?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dawgstar posted:

No offense to Cerbone (well, I guess a little) but looking at his filmography where else does he have to be?

It was weird because at first we thought he was trying to stay in character, but then we heard him complaining to his handler about how long he had been sitting at the table signing autographs. It was made all the more obvious because of how enthusiastic just about everyone else was. I have to find the video of Alabama 3 performing "Woke Up This Morning" and Matt Servitto (Agent Harris) on stage jumping up and down like a loving maniac in his own personal mosh pit.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dawgstar posted:

do you know who his father was

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JethroMcB posted:

do you know who his father was

The golfer? US Open?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vichan posted:

"I'd gently caress him in his rear end, I hosed kids like that in the can. In the rear end I hosed 'em!"

I always liked that line, it seems so weird to hear a made guy brag about something like that.

I watched Goodfellas the other night with my wife after we've been watching Sopranos. It's been over ten years for both, but I still enjoyed all the crossover actors. It's a fun watch. I forgot how incredible Pesci, DeNero and Liotta are together in that.

Also I "remembered" a complete 3rd act to Goodfellas that I now think may actually be most of the movie Blow.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I tried like hell to grab one of these things when they were packing everything up but no dice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I watched Goodfellas the other night with my wife after we've been watching Sopranos. It's been over ten years for both, but I still enjoyed all the crossover actors. It's a fun watch. I forgot how incredible Pesci, DeNero and Liotta are together in that.

Also I "remembered" a complete 3rd act to Goodfellas that I now think may actually be most of the movie Blow.

My first clue that the Academy didn't know what they were talking about was Goodfellas losing to Dances With Wolves. It really is that good a movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's so weird because barely a day goes by that you don't encounter some sort of reference to Goodfellas, whether it be a quote or a song or the name of a restaurant or seeing an actor that was in it, etc. But Dances with Wolves? It's almost become a punchline at this point. And it's not that it isn't a good movie, but Goodfellas is just such an absolute masterpiece and one of the most influential pieces of pop culture in history.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlyXZG2dupo

"One dog goin' one way, the other dog is goin' the other way and this guy's saying, what do want from me?"

As funny as anything they did on the Sopranos.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We actually bought that print and have it on the wall in the dining room. And my spouse is an artist that puts up with me doing poo poo like that. She also knows I'm looking for a good print of Tony and Pie-O-My, before or after the Napoleon outfit alteration.

"A goddamn lawn jockey?!"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Few things will ever matter less than entertainment awards. Complete sham.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's so weird because barely a day goes by that you don't encounter some sort of reference to Goodfellas, whether it be a quote or a song or the name of a restaurant or seeing an actor that was in it, etc. But Dances with Wolves? It's almost become a punchline at this point. And it's not that it isn't a good movie, but Goodfellas is just such an absolute masterpiece and one of the most influential pieces of pop culture in history.

The one that gets me is Goodfeathers on Animaniacs. Now, that show was a lot more not for kids than some people remember, but they based a kid's character off of foul-mouthed murderous Two Gun Tommy himself. With bonus Marlon Brando! For the youth! It cracks me up to think about. (Like a clown, it amuses me.)

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Cultural osmosis. We didn't have to see the movies because they were so quotable. Adults made those jokes all over television so it was less Goodfellas than plain ol' mob tropes.

Also those pics are badass, Pope Corky.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goodfellas was such a great movie that Martin Scorcese won an Oscar for it at the 79th Annual Academy Awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yeah, that's Joey Peeps. He didn't look like he was doing too well. And the one on the right is a moderator.

Cool.

I thought I was losing it for not recognizing the 2 bookends either.

"Issues"?

Beyond not being into it you mean or...?

Just curious.

Kinda odd that Vincent Pastore hasn't turned up in more poo poo tbh, at least as a heavy in something like The Irishman or some TV crime drama, so it's kinda hard for me to come down too hard on a typecast actor with (i guess) limited...range or looks...for trying to make a buck that can't find work since he's Big Pussy and everyone mistakes him for Joey Diaz.

Didn't the guy who played Vito catch a ton of poo poo for trying to monetize his role and break large on the set or whatever? I listen to some Philadelphia sports talk from time to time and one of the hosts I think had an on air feud with him for kinda being a commercially driven rear end in a top hat of sorts.

Then again, I can't imagine producers lining up to cast "Vito" in a ton of roles either so maybe those dudes honestly need the money and the whole thing is just a drag. I don't pretend to know but it's gotta be tough or a semi drag for some of these dudes who are totally cemented career wise in a role they played 20 years ago.

I know. Cry me a river and all but still.