Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DebonaireD posted:

Nah, he would have said something psychotic like "That dick is more beautiful than an Antaran sunrise," and it would've worked because people in this universe flirt at a sixth grade level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was right, although Rick Berman was correct that the network would have thrown a shitfit if they had two male actors kissing in what, ‘93?

Imagine what would've happened if there had been an interracial kiss in Trek in the 1960s, the network execs would've been livid! Trek didn't push the envelope then and it sure as hell won't do it now!

- Rick Berman, probably

Man, gently caress Rick Berman.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(In slowed down drunk sounding Jonathon Frakes fact or fiction voice) You ever make love to a hermaphrodite

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Mulaney Power Move posted:

(In slowed down drunk sounding Jonathon Frakes fact or fiction voice) You ever make love to a hermaphrodite

Would if I could, Buddy!

Would if I could...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s absolutely true. According to sources collected by Robert Tralins, a similar event occurred on the west coast in the early 1990s

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They keep doing takes of Frakes making out with a man again and again while he keeps making stupid faces whenever they try and get takes of him making out with a woman.

It wasn’t until the episode aired that he realized what was going on.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Applewhite posted:

Some Star Trek fanart from my seven year old daughter just now. The Enterprise in the mouth of the Doomsday Machine.

:thumbsup:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you want completely unambiguous intersex horny in your Star Trek look no further than Peter David’s New Frontier books. That was an interesting read for a 13 year old.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tin Man: Data ends up in a Farscape Episode and Tam Elbran is basically Stark aboard Moya.

Really loving good music, too.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 10, 2020

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

You just know that dude eventually hosed the Gomtuu

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I recall Devil’s Due where this scam artist alien woman goes around collecting on debts owed to devils of a culture tried to tempt Picard to be her slave and “collect his soul”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Would you not?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gomtuu could gently caress you in ways you can't imagine

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Applewhite posted:

Some Star Trek fanart from my seven year old daughter just now. The Enterprise in the mouth of the Doomsday Machine.

man my 7 year old just draws pictures of unicorn cats and other abominable creatures that could admittedly, now that I think about it, be right at home in star trek

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

man my 7 year old just draws pictures of unicorn cats and other abominable creatures that could admittedly, now that I think about it, be right at home in star trek

Your kid is right on the money

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was right, although Rick Berman was correct that the network would have thrown a shitfit if they had two male actors kissing in what, ‘93?

There wasn't a network. TNG and DS9 were first-run syndication, i.e. sold directly to the local TV stations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's been actual decades since I've read Phil Farrand's pedantic books but I distincly remember him extrapolating that Riker's love interest must have a penis and going on about how he didn't have him down as someone interested in, I believe the phrase was "flat-chested boys".

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gatts posted:

I recall Devil’s Due where this scam artist alien woman goes around collecting on debts owed to devils of a culture tried to tempt Picard to be her slave and “collect his soul”

there was no particular reason why this random con artist had technology capable of bamboozling the enterprise. i don't think she even did, really. she had a secondhand cloaking device, and that alone was somehow enough to run circles around the two biggest tech nerds in the galaxy for most of the episode.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it's a big galaxy, that ship could have come from anywhere

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

why couldn't Nanny Janeway go on the 4th floor

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's a big galaxy, that ship could have come from anywhere

it didn't, though. it was a regular rear end cloaking device. also, it took them like 5 minutes to find her criminal record once they bothered to look.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's been actual decades since I've read Phil Farrand's pedantic books but I distincly remember him extrapolating that Riker's love interest must have a penis and going on about how he didn't have him down as someone interested in, I believe the phrase was "flat-chested boys".

I always thought the little paragraph at the front of every book dedicating his soul to the inconceivable power of JESUS the saviour through whom ALL things are made POSSIBLE explained these infrequent mis-steps.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I actually lied, I'm re-reading his takes on each episode as I make my way through the show, out of curiosity, and maybe to reconnect with my teenage self I guess?

let me tell you he has very strong opinions on Who Watches The Watchers and also The Final Frontier

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

So if the boys have big boobs it’s cool though?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
says "Boys". So, Riker switches for big, muscular MEN.

Like, Gaston,but he's in space?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it didn't, though. it was a regular rear end cloaking device. also, it took them like 5 minutes to find her criminal record once they bothered to look.

I thought they got her backstory from the computer or crew on her ship after they found it and boarded it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Applewhite posted:

So if the boys have big boobs it’s cool though?

maybe somewhere there is an unpublished manuscript for The Nitpicker's Guide to Ranma 1/2

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet that undetectable transporter technology would be worth way more than a single planet populated entirely by rubes to the right buyer.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that's a tough trade though. like how do you make sure the buyer doesn't just roll up and take it from you by force.

also i suspect Ardra wanted more than just sheer wealth

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Riker you have no business getting huffy about Barclay's holodeck scenarios, he never got the Enterprise jacked

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Are there any good, lengthy interviews with Avery Brooks? I did a YouTube search and unless I'm even worse at the internet than I thought, there's nothing but short, hard to hear Q&A sessions. Whereas you can't swing a dead cat without finding a ton of 90 minute Patrick Stewart interviews.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
There’s that one where William shatner tried to interview him but he just kept on laughing and playing the piano

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Christoph posted:

Are there any good, lengthy interviews with Avery Brooks? I did a YouTube search and unless I'm even worse at the internet than I thought, there's nothing but short, hard to hear Q&A sessions. Whereas you can't swing a dead cat without finding a ton of 90 minute Patrick Stewart interviews.

An Avery Brooks interview is just sitting there listening to him play jazz piano.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Avery Brooks never seemed that interested in doing Star Trek stuff outside of doing his job on Star Trek, whether that was conventions, interviews, or what have you. In the few convention videos you can find he looks incredibly uninterested to be there.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Avery Brooks never seemed that interested in doing Star Trek stuff outside of doing his job on Star Trek, whether that was conventions, interviews, or what have you. In the few convention videos you can find he looks incredibly uninterested to be there.

I feel bad for the actors who have to go to conventions to make a living.
It's one thing to like doing it, but we've all seen Galaxy Quest.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Kibayasu posted:

Isn’t he a professor at Rutgers or something?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GolfHole posted:

I feel bad for the actors who have to go to conventions to make a living.
It's one thing to like doing it, but we've all seen Galaxy Quest.

I feel like at conventions it's pretty easy to tell which actors like being there and which don't, excepting of course that they are actors so they could be just good at acting like they want to be there.

But the ones I like aren't that good of actors

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Just watched the episode with the girl who turned out to be a Q. And then remembered the Voyager episode where they make a big deal of the first new Q born in infinity forever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hey what's with god beings renouncing their omnipotence and deciding to be human anyway? Does this happen to other species? Where's Cardassian Q?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey what's with god beings renouncing their omnipotence and deciding to be human anyway? Does this happen to other species? Where's Cardassian Q?

Loyally serving the empire and knowing his place