Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, diesel, aftermarket navi/tv, studless tires, 15" wheels, undercarriage surface rust, interior dirty, other dents scratches paint waves paint peeling corrosion

Inspector Report posted:

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-lClej1QWjRQxZw.htm -1466- engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker at 197,000 Yen, no sludge, coolant ok, valve cover area slightly oily, studless tires at 5mm no cracks, spare ok, undercarriage slight surface rust only, right rear step area small corrosion spot but no flaking or holes, body as is in diagram, windshield chips small, seats ok, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, no burns, ac not working, compressor not working, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, 4wd ok, diff lock ok, right headlight not working, mirrors ok, windows ok, wipers ok, power steering ok

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado shorty, all important KZ turbo diesel and manual transmission, but also BROWNS ABOUND. Beige exterior, shades of beige interior. Or as Toyota calls it, 'sable'. Has those steel wheels with dog-dish hubcaps which is kinda neat. Based on the air freshener on the vent there I'm assuming the owner was a smoker though the inspector made no mention of it. When it gets here it needs tires, a new headunit, headlights and AC service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
This morning on the way to work I saw a Nissan Rasheen with what looked like a factory hiking boot decal on the rear doors. That is all.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Darchangel posted:

Curious how those are wired up/work, since they appear to be two full head units rather than a head and add-on.

also possible the pre-amp outputs on one are wired to the aux-inputs of the other (aux inputs in that era were often RCAs on the rear of the deck... ya know, to hook up your... playstation?). it would be... not ideal, but it would work

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Someone in my neighborhood is renovating a house and has a JDM Fire truck parked there. Any goons in Clackamas County, OR import a fire truck?

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

therobit posted:

Someone in my neighborhood is renovating a house and has a JDM Fire truck parked there. Any goons in Clackamas County, OR import a fire truck?

I'm up in Vancouver, but I'm guessing that fire truck probably came from or is owned by someone that works at Motorcycle Warehouse. Bought my '91 Acty Truck from there almost two years ago now.

Decent folks, and easily the best-priced dealer in the Portland area for these things.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Man i really like that little toyota hatchback.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Beanzor posted:

I'm up in Vancouver, but I'm guessing that fire truck probably came from or is owned by someone that works at Motorcycle Warehouse. Bought my '91 Acty Truck from there almost two years ago now.

Decent folks, and easily the best-priced dealer in the Portland area for these things.

Ha ha I actually went over there before the pandemic to look at some bikes and noticed their Kei trucks. Didn't see any fire trucks though.

One of the coolest things about kei trucks IMO is that nearly all of the non-tractor Japanese farming equipment is made to fit perfectly on the back of a kei truck because they are all standardized and you really can't drive anything bigger on the berms between rice patties. I lived in Akita for two years, and as someone from a dryland wheat farming family the scale of agricultural stuff in Japan was really fascinating.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Do you have to register for all the auction sites to view what's coming up? I know on sites like Proxibid you can view stuff without registering, but maybe Japan is different? I'm in no position to buy another car, but I can dream.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for shops to buy out of production body parts from? Car body parts I mean, I know the dark web exists. The sites in the OP seem to be more for commonly imported stuff or possibly currently in production, some of them I couldn't figure out how to find stuff so I could be wrong.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

therobit posted:

Beanzor posted:

My world is so small now, I am also in Vancouver.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sold one of my Skylines. After getting 10-20 messages a day or idiots wanting to make payments and listing it on eBay with people BIN and never paying I raised the price on FB and a guy just came 6 hours and bought it cash.

Nothing makes sense in the car game.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
If anyone was worried, no I did not kill myself by the blade of samurai sword (actually an ocean fishing rod) I found in my tiny camper.

Mentally and financially I'm a little worse off but then I remember that is how project cars work.

Brief (?!) update:

1. Praise the lord that I didn't try and do the timing belt. Holy gently caress it sounded like a drat nightmare to work in that engine bay.
2. The used PS pump I bought (for an exorbitant sum from a guy in Greece) worked. Now I have friggin' power steering. Bless.
3. The mystery foot switch by the fridge turns the water pump on and off. Kinda funny.
4. Some of the wiring is a goddamn mess (albeit a labeled mess). But all the electrics otherwise work it seems. Even the fridge gets a bit cold but I don't know if it's "keep raw meat from spoiling" cold quite yet.

5. It's slow AF. Like 65mph on perfectly flat ground. Not necessarily lack of power (but yes) but also the gearing is way low. I wonder how hard it is to change the final drive ratio a wee bit.
6. It's fun to drive. Feels like a tiny Mack truck.
7. Boomers love me.
8. Hipsters love me.
9. Wife still loves me.
10. Gonna replace all the window seals (mainly because there is one leaky window so why not do them all).
11. There's water damage under the leaky window and I started pulling away some of the wall covering. Bleh. Just wish I didn't have to have it looking like poo poo until it was remedied.
12. I slept in it and it's pretty fun.

13. Backup camera thingy ain't working. Need to dig under the dash because the cabling otherwise looks okay.
14. Headlamps are very not bright. Need new lamps. A man who loves Fargos in Trinidad said it's easy to replace.
15. Holding tank (which I didn't think existed) is secretly built into the rear bumper WTF man. It leaks a bit. I gotta peel away the old caulk at a seam and also maybe slather on fiberglass and resin???
16. I think adding a shower will be easier than expected because of the secret holding tank.
17. It needs hot water.
18. Not making GBS threads you, I had to order one of my two oil filters from the local Caterpillar dealer and/or get it from Grainger if I didn't want to buy from overseas. The loving filter is a combo of large diameter gasket and tiny 5/8" thread. All the auto part store cross refs were bullshit. Also this filter goes in sideways :mad:

Here is some random poo poo I found inside. I guess that fishing rod was like $250 new back in the day? It's got a price tag on it. I thought it was the coolest thing until I found the Inkan stamp! I wonder who lost it and couldn't sign important documents suddenly :( https://www.nippon.com/en/features/jg00077/

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 8, 2020

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Beanzor posted:

Hello Clark county goon.

Edit: to the post above me, changing your drive ratio is a huge amount of work. You can run bigger tires and wheels, You may get lucky and find a drop in diff with a different ratio, but other than that good luck.

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 8, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

everdave posted:

Sold one of my Skylines. After getting 10-20 messages a day or idiots wanting to make payments and listing it on eBay with people BIN and never paying I raised the price on FB and a guy just came 6 hours and bought it cash.

Nothing makes sense in the car game.

Well, obviously, if it’s reasonably priced, it must be trashed junk. Price it like it’s gold, and it is... to someone.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Glad to see your update on the camper, looking good.

And yes I am throwing reasonable, fair market pricing out the window when it comes to my last skyline (22k mile one owner GTS4 with some rare options, but automatic), bc obviously if it is priced good it is poo poo. When mine are in fact THE poo poo and in fantastic condition and I am "gasp" actually an honest seller.

I actually think the buyer of this weekend's sale skyline thought he was ripping me off a bit, but kudos he was nice as could be, drove 6 hours with cash and was there the exact moment he said he would be.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Is that the new filter on the right? I really don't like the flow restriction on that...

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Japanese filters have different threads otherwise we could match the same poo poo at autozone im sure Toyota or whatever has their reasons

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sgt Fox posted:

Is that the new filter on the right? I really don't like the flow restriction on that...

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that, is the replacement actually an oil filter (or, an oil filter for engines and not something else)?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Japanese filters have different threads otherwise we could match the same poo poo at autozone im sure Toyota or whatever has their reasons

What on earth are you talking about? They use the exact filters we do in almost every single circumstance. Honda Acty trucks, vans, and the Beats all use the modern Civic oil filters you can get anywhere, I buy them off Amazon because they are the OG Honda filters and inexpensive. Any Suzuki I've had (from the trucks to the Alto to Jimnys) I've just ran down to Autozone and grabbed whatever compatible Purolator or K&N fits after cross referencing the OEM number with https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/, worked the same with the Daihatsu Mira we had. Did the exact same thing with the Mini Pajero.
The Bongo I did have to order that off the internet from a place that deals in forklifts because that engine in the truck was a forklift engine.
Toyota diesels generally use the "big" filter across all diesels from HZ to PZ to KZ to 2LTE, though the Bilzzard does use a different one. I buy these off Amazon usually, though this last time they were cheaper to bulk order off partsouq.com.
For the Ruggers I have been ordering those overseas because the only one you can get here reliably is a Donaldson commercial filter and while it works a treat, the cost is a wash if you buy them here on the internet vs overseas on the internet. Again I bulk buy them because there are always more Ruggers.

For your Celsior that is literally a Lexus LS and you absolutely can just wander on down and grab whatever it is for the LS for your Celsior. Works with the MR2, Corolla 2, Soarer (as its really just a Supra underneath) and even the Lite Ace van we had.

everdave my man, what kind of issues have you been having with Toyotas? It sounds like the complete opposite of mine and I want to figure this out.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was gonna say Mazda for the past 30 years has used the same thread on their FWD cars, at least. Just different size cans. Well for spin on type at least.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m both amazed and kinda scared that a big and small propane tank made it all the way over to the U.S. intact. Gotta be careful with those.

If there’s Japanese on the wiring that’s been done, you should be able to figure it out with Google Translate. I think it can translate photos now?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

What on earth are you talking about? They use the exact filters we do in almost every single circumstance. Honda Acty trucks, vans, and the Beats all use the modern Civic oil filters you can get anywhere, I buy them off Amazon because they are the OG Honda filters and inexpensive. Any Suzuki I've had (from the trucks to the Alto to Jimnys) I've just ran down to Autozone and grabbed whatever compatible Purolator or K&N fits after cross referencing the OEM number with https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/, worked the same with the Daihatsu Mira we had. Did the exact same thing with the Mini Pajero.
The Bongo I did have to order that off the internet from a place that deals in forklifts because that engine in the truck was a forklift engine.
Toyota diesels generally use the "big" filter across all diesels from HZ to PZ to KZ to 2LTE, though the Bilzzard does use a different one. I buy these off Amazon usually, though this last time they were cheaper to bulk order off partsouq.com.
For the Ruggers I have been ordering those overseas because the only one you can get here reliably is a Donaldson commercial filter and while it works a treat, the cost is a wash if you buy them here on the internet vs overseas on the internet. Again I bulk buy them because there are always more Ruggers.

For your Celsior that is literally a Lexus LS and you absolutely can just wander on down and grab whatever it is for the LS for your Celsior. Works with the MR2, Corolla 2, Soarer (as its really just a Supra underneath) and even the Lite Ace van we had.

everdave my man, what kind of issues have you been having with Toyotas? It sounds like the complete opposite of mine and I want to figure this out.

For my Prado filters were fine but the thread diameter was different, same with lots of my diesels you can get the same exact filter at autozone but the screw on dimensions are different. I cross ref all day and it says it will work and I gets em and it doesn’t the thread size is different it’s not a big deal most everything else is the same

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

harperdc posted:

I’m both amazed and kinda scared that a big and small propane tank made it all the way over to the U.S. intact. Gotta be careful with those.

If there’s Japanese on the wiring that’s been done, you should be able to figure it out with Google Translate. I think it can translate photos now?

It does live translation from the camera too. It's amazing for places like a grocery store when you're trying to decipher ingredients or WTF this can actually contains.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

For my Prado filters were fine but the thread diameter was different, same with lots of my diesels you can get the same exact filter at autozone but the screw on dimensions are different. I cross ref all day and it says it will work and I gets em and it doesn’t the thread size is different it’s not a big deal most everything else is the same

Right so "The Big Filter", it's 90915300028T. Its that filter for everything Toyota diesel. Makes sense since that nothing available here at an auto parts store wouldn't work, we don't even get diesel Toyotas at all so there would be no filter for us. Diesels always have big rear end filters vs gasoline.

18 bucks a pop on Partsouq or approaching 50 bucks on Amazon or deep into the 30s for a Wix from Rockauto. That's why I just order them online.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Sgt Fox posted:

Ya, and the tiny holes made me leery of it regardless of the fact that the gasket was too small diameter to seal properly. It was a Wix filter that allegedly cross-reffed to my Isuzu filter # printed on the filter itself. Even tried stripping off the first and last digit to get the GM equivalent.

Min ID of the filter gasket needs to be ~70mm if not more.

A FRAM filter which also crossed had proper holes but the gasket was again too small. The Caterpillar filter I ordered didn't meet the spec either :( but I have a filter on order from Grainger (haha!), a Baldwin B494. No idea why it exists otherwise. But photos suggest it's correct (as it matches the thread apparently and also the gasket diameter). It's only $17 or so at least.

harperdc posted:

Indeed, and I was surprised that it still spewed out propane when I cracked the valve open :hmmno: I need to replace the not-very-NHTSA propane hoses ASAP as well.

As for translating things, yeah that's been my go to. It's only hard when the label wraps around both sides and the camera can't catch it all at the same time for proper context. Fortunately I have some friends who can read Japanese. I woulda invited them over to do a translation of everything...but social distancing, you know?

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 9, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Makes sense since that nothing available here at an auto parts store wouldn't work, we don't even get diesel Toyotas at all so there would be no filter for us. Diesels always have big rear end filters vs gasoline.

I had to look this up. We do get Toyota diesels here in the form of forklift and telehandler motors. I don't know what would be different between road vehicle vs. forklift installation though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

madeintaipei posted:

I had to look this up. We do get Toyota diesels here in the form of forklift and telehandler motors. I don't know what would be different between road vehicle vs. forklift installation though.

There is a break in the "just grab the big filter" in the 80s. Our 86 Blizzard which has a 2L-T engine in it uses a different filter than all the other Toyota diesels we've had, otherwise they all use the one filter. I think we did get a diesel option in the Hliux (Toyota Pickup) in the 80s for a brief period.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If you know the actual dimensions you need, Wix has an incredibly detailed search: https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3&styleid=7

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

If you know the actual dimensions you need, Wix has an incredibly detailed search: https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3&styleid=7

Thanks. I poked around, but everything that's in the approximate range for the thread (5/8, 16mm, etc) has a gasket ID that is below 70mm or 2-3/4".

I found out that Grainger wasn't very accurate about the shipping date of the Baldwin filter. Will have to wait until next week to get it. So I'm calling around elsewhere now...

Question: What's the go-to site for Japanese-brand oil filters?

edit: Well, I found a Singapore website https://www.fitinpart.sg and they seemed to cross-ref a Japanese filter that I've seen popping up elsewhere. Like $7 plus $15 for Fedex...so I'm giving it a shot. None of the other major Japan parts sites seem to carry the secondary bypass filter for this vehicle. Just the primary.

I have 6 7 oil filters on order now ahahaha.

2x Baldwins from Grainger which are now going to be late (next week). I can return these easily to the local Grainger.
1x JS Asakashi from Singapore (lmao the cheapest of them all)
2x Baldwins 2nd day air'd from Motion Industries. I will prob eat the shipping but I can return them at least. I moved to fast on these. I think the Baldwin gasket is to fukkin' big :(
1x Luber-Finer from some eBayer in Ohio. I think I confirmed the o-ring diams on this one would work. Fingers crossed I might get it in time for my weekend plans :|
1x Isuzu NPR filter from eBayer in Texas that is ALMOST the same p/n but instead of ending in a 0 it ends in a 1. Can anyone hazard a guess as to what the different of a single digit will be? They look goddamn similar but I won't know til I have it in my cold dead hands.

edit 2: Whoa...this company https://killerfilter.com (that name...) will literally make me a filter for $20. Dang...that's a hell of a backup option. They allegedly stocked a cross-ref but the seal is far too big.

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 9, 2020

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

KakerMix posted:

There is a break in the "just grab the big filter" in the 80s. Our 86 Blizzard which has a 2L-T engine in it uses a different filter than all the other Toyota diesels we've had, otherwise they all use the one filter. I think we did get a diesel option in the Hliux (Toyota Pickup) in the 80s for a brief period.

IIRC the 2L, 3L and 5L have the same filter, but the 2L-T is different. which is weird, cause nearly everything else on that block (IM/EM bolt patterns, etc) is the same

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

French Canadian posted:

1x Isuzu NPR filter from eBayer in Texas that is ALMOST the same p/n but instead of ending in a 0 it ends in a 1. Can anyone hazard a guess as to what the different of a single digit will be? They look goddamn similar but I won't know til I have it in my cold dead hands.

is this thing a Toyota or Isuzu? If it's an Isuzu, might be worth asking one of the local Isuzu dealers to see what they have for that era of NPR, because they've been bringing those to the U.S. since at least the 1980s. They should still have parts to match the older models, because there's every likelihood those older engines are still being made and sold elsewhere in the world.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

harperdc posted:

is this thing a Toyota or Isuzu? If it's an Isuzu, might be worth asking one of the local Isuzu dealers to see what they have for that era of NPR, because they've been bringing those to the U.S. since at least the 1980s. They should still have parts to match the older models, because there's every likelihood those older engines are still being made and sold elsewhere in the world.

I wish it was a Toyota ;) but alas it's an Isuzu. I called up my local Isuzu truck dealer but no luck. And also https://www.isuzupartscenter.com. This part number just blows everyone's minds but oddly just moments ago I was able to call a dealer in Missouri by way of https://www.isuzucv.com who managed to tell me that it's discontinued and superseded by another Isuzu #. With that, I have now found a guy selling 6x of them for a good price like 30 minutes north of where I live. I just need to confirm the gasket diameter.

Holy gently caress!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

5 speed, 4wd gas Bongo. I love everything about it and bid to win, luckily I got it for half my bid bc I went hard. 97k km. Stoked.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

I was going to post about that, when I had time to find it. You win!

French Canadian posted:

I wish it was a Toyota ;) but alas it's an Isuzu. I called up my local Isuzu truck dealer but no luck. And also https://www.isuzupartscenter.com. This part number just blows everyone's minds but oddly just moments ago I was able to call a dealer in Missouri by way of https://www.isuzucv.com who managed to tell me that it's discontinued and superseded by another Isuzu #. With that, I have now found a guy selling 6x of them for a good price like 30 minutes north of where I live. I just need to confirm the gasket diameter.

Holy gently caress!

Maybe share the part #s and gasket/thread info, and some of the worlds best internet detectives here can come up with something to confrim/deny?
Some of us are bulldogs at digging through internet resources. I may also have an older Fram full catalog lying about. Not sure if I still have that - library is packed up for remodeling right now.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Maybe share the part #s and gasket/thread info, and some of the worlds best internet detectives here can come up with something to confrim/deny?
Some of us are bulldogs at digging through internet resources. I may also have an older Fram full catalog lying about. Not sure if I still have that - library is packed up for remodeling right now.

Sure thing. Old filter Isuzu PN is 8943604190. Allegedly superseding Isuzu PN is 2906549300.

Gasket ID must be larger than 70mm.
Gasket OD must be less than 95mm (maybe some wiggle room there)
Thread must be (I think) 5/8-16" or possibly M16

So far:

Baldwin B494 is probably too large of a gasket diam.
Wix 51050 has tiny ports and a too small gasket
FRAM PB50 is same as the Wix but with larger ports
Carquest 85050 is same issue as Wix
Luber-Finer 2270 may be correct (one is coming by Friday I think)
Fleetguard LF3543 may work, but I don't think I was able to source one...
NAPA 1050 is same as Wix
JS Asakashi C517J should work, but waiting on delivery.

Basically I have no trust in filter cross referencing for old weird vehicles anymore.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

French Canadian posted:

Sure thing. Old filter Isuzu PN is 8943604190. Allegedly superseding Isuzu PN is 2906549300.

So far:

NAPA 1050 is same as Wix

Basically I have no trust in filter cross referencing for old weird vehicles anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mann-Filter-WP-931-Oil-Filter-/191746605098 $14.99 USA, shipping free

Outer diameter [mm]93
Inner diameter 1 [mm]62
Inner diameter 2 [mm]71
Thread Size5/8-18 UNF
Height [mm]142

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The OD of the gasket on that filter is 71mm, that's definitely too small. I'm not sure how much fudge factor there is but it seems like having only 1mm contact around the entire gasket surface would not be enough.

I'd say that Fleetguard looks like an interesting option, the photos of it sure look like it has the much wider case / gasket setup. Also found mention of the Wix WL7066 which their site only says is valid but does not have a replacement available.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 10, 2020

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Yeah some of those more obscure filters can be had from Europe and Asia easily but my original intent was to find something more local. Didn't exactly work out quickly but I do think some of the eBay ones from the US will be good.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

French Canadian posted:

So far:

NAPA 1050 is same as Wix

Isuzu 8943604190 and 2906549300 both cross to 51050, which is 93mm OD, 5/8-18 threads, and 63mm ID/72mm OD , so probably no good, according to your measurements. And yeah, two little ports, WTF. They call it a "by-pass filter"
Baldwin B494 also crosses to Wix 51050
FRAM PB50 crosses to 51050
Carquest 85050 crosses to 51050
Luber-Finer 2270 doesn't cross on Wix' page
Fleetguard LF3543 crosses to 51050
Napa 1050, you guessed it, crosses to Wix 51050

JS Asakashi C517J does not cross on Wix' page.

This page, which I believe is the page you ordered from, says the C517J is 102mm OD x 80mm tall, 5/8-18 UNF, and if I'm reading right, 85mm ID/96mm OD gasket.
Wix shows 7 filters in 5/8-18, but the largest gasket ID is 2.462 in./62.5mm, as you noted.

Super weird that Isuzu would have used the same part number in different countries for wildly different-sized filters. That's beyond frustrating.
Are you sure the camper upfitter didn't change/relocate it or something?

French Canadian posted:

As for translating things, yeah that's been my go to. It's only hard when the label wraps around both sides and the camera can't catch it all at the same time for proper context. Fortunately I have some friends who can read Japanese. I woulda invited them over to do a translation of everything...but social distancing, you know?

Do a panorama photo as you spin the filter, then have Google Translate look at it from your Photos?
Disclosure: I have never tried this, but seems like it should work.

According to this page, JS C517J crosses to:
BALDWIN B222
CROSLAND 2128
FLEETGUARD LF3543
GM (General Motor Corporation) 94360419
ISUZU 8-94169779-2

...which all ALSO cross to the Wix 51050, so now I'm really confused. The gasket size is not even close - like will barely catch the machined surface on the mount, if at all - on the Wix 51050.
Either the specs for the 51050 on Wix' page are inaccurate, or the cross-ref itself is wrong.

Pics for the Fleetguard on Amazon show a gasket right up to the outer diameter of the can, like the JS, and 6 drain holes, so that may actually be what you are looking for. I got to that Googling the ISUZU 8-94169779-2 number.

Looks like the Euro parts houses have the same problem. this page lists several compatible replacements, but at least two (the MANN-FILTER and FILTRON) filters suffer from the same too-small gasket. The others seem to be correct. The pictures help, at least.

FWIW, the picture of the Baldwin B222 on their site look correct, with a 108mm OD, and the gasket right up to near the OD, but no actual dimensions for the gasket. Again, WTF?.
The B494 looks the same with the same measurements, BTW, but has an added feature "MO": Metering orifice. So maybe don't use that one.
None of Baldwin's catalogs or documents give the dimensions of the included gasket - only the separate gaskets required by some some filters. Maybe that's what you're supposed to do: use a different gasket?

FRAM's cross reference comes up with the same BS as Wix, BTW, crossing everything I've checked over to the PB50, which has the same gasket dimensions as the Wix 51050.

It baffles me that this is the case. I would argue that the most critical details of a filter in terms of fitment are the threads and the location of the gasket. Can size can vary quite a bit without being a killer. Jesus, my head hurts now.

The Luberfiner LFP2270 does not exit on their website, nor does the cross-reference recognize the Isuzu or Baldwin part numbers. Despite the part existing according to Google.
I did find a 2013 Luber-Finer PDF catalog, in which I discovered that Luber-Finer is a Champion Product, and therefore a Fram product. And, FWIW, the LFP2270 is 108mm x 81mm, 5/8"-18 thread, and cross-references to some of the above #s - but not the Wix, and not the PB50 - which crosses to the Luber-Finer PB50, which is taller and narrower then the 2270.

So I think you're OK with the B222, LFP2270, and the Isuzu 8943604190/GM 94360419 (same filter, note the part number similarity.)

This eBay auction lists the Isuzu 8943604190 as for an 86-91 NPR with the 3.9 diesel. Pictures look right. There's a bunch of genuine Isuzu ones on eBay for under $20 (US.)

edit: why, yes, I was bored at work. Why do you ask?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Welcome 2 Prado Town, population: 1

I liked out two-tone blue one a lot, I like our two-tone green one a lot, but something about this beige-brown-super combo in narrow body format really gets me going. Diff lock doesn't hurt either :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Very in-depth filter research

Thanks! Glad to know I wasn't going totally crazy with my findings.

I see you found a few others that might work out. At this point I ought to wait for my 13 filters to show up. Why yes I did order 6 filters on top of the 7 coming my way. They are of the newer superseding Isuzu PN from a guy maybe 30 minutes north of me who was selling a six pack. I should have driven up to look at them but the rear end in a top hat takes forever to respond to eBay messages. It's only $30 for 6 filters anyway. What have I got to lose!?

I wish my camper had an IDLE-UP button :3: