Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
ahahahaa, thats so perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Simmons did a fairly good impersonation of Peggy taking off sunglasses there.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GLOSS posted:

How does Deke know about Days of Thunder and not Yo-Yo?

She grew up in Colombia. Deke has been binging every piece of pop culture he can get his hands on since coming back in time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Such a good way to incorporate Peggy but I hope they brought in Hayley Atwell through whatever secret Marvel plane exists so we can get a real surprise.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Coulson must be beside himself around all this old tech.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
........MOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTTTT

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grand Wizard sounds cool!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I’ll never get tired of Daisy dunking on nazis and now the klan.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ahaha, the Voight Kampf :allears:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Agents of SHIELD S7- "Stupid White Privilege"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sousa solving that whole Hydra deal a good 60 years before everyone else

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Unfortunate timing for use of gas canisters

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

But absolutely the right time to punch out a racist dick.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hmm, they didn't show Simmons after the EMP.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
They pack so much into each hour, I'm really gonna miss this show

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That promo, oh gently caress yes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Full on noir episode hell yes. I’m glad ABC gave them a victory lap to do whatever the gently caress they wanted for a whole season.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its like they watched Endgame and said "hold my beer". I hope we get them running through season 1 and 2 episodes trying to protect themselves without them noticing.

Which of course paves the way for Ward to come back.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Wow, pretty surprised about Sousa coming out of that. I think they said through episode 8 or 9 had been filmed by the time Endgame came out, and they apparently really had no heads up about what was going to happen, so I was really wondering how they would address the Sousa/Carter relationship when I heard he was back, since Agent Carter seemed to really lean into that becoming the thing.

We know with Endgame, that pretty much realigned at least some version of Peggy's eventual relationship.

Sousa still pining for her in 1955 really ties into Endgame amazingly well.

Either that in the original (if you can call it that) MCU timeline, Sousa and Peggy really never did get together, or that this is somehow that Steve goes back in time timeline, and is currently married in secret to Peggy. (This also being the original timeline as well being a point of contention between the Endgame writers and directors)

More than likely, they were just going with Sousa and her not getting together, but either way, they seemed to have plotted this well.

Edit: Also have to appreciate them doing that classic "character returns in a different series to wrap up plotlines from their original series" dialogue with them mentioning Sousa eventually helped take down the Carter season 2 villains who were still ongoing when the show was cancelled.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't remember, are we in "definitely last season and they knew that going in" territory or are things nebulous?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Bruceski posted:

I don't remember, are we in "definitely last season and they knew that going in" territory or are things nebulous?

They knew this was the last season going on and planned it that way. I think they even asked to end.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Yeah, they went into season 5 expecting it to be the last, and were then pleasantly surprised midway through production (iirc) to be renewed for not one, but two season. This time they are really ending the series though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Slashrat posted:

Yeah, they went into season 5 expecting it to be the last, and were then pleasantly surprised midway through production (iirc) to be renewed for not one, but two season. This time they are really ending the series though.

They didn't know until post-production on series 5 IIRC. It's why the fifth season finale is called "The End".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh no they fried Coulsonbot :ohdear:

Here's an idea, just detonate an EMP every time you show up in a place and leave Phil on the plane. Seems to get the job done.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

oh no they fried Coulsonbot :ohdear:

Here's an idea, just detonate an EMP every time you show up in a place and leave Phil on the plane. Seems to get the job done.

Yeah, that was the only thing that caught my attention. Like, it seems super easy to take out all the Chronicons now, unless they say they have shielding but Jemma made a super EMP or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can belive that Gemma made a super EMP. Though i hope this doesn't mean RoboCoulson is evil next week.

Something I'm enjoying about this time travel adventure is that they aren't shying away from the face America was racist as gently caress and AoS has a cast that is mostsly women and PoC highlites this. Though I guess Chloe Bennett being so crazy hot means she passes as white in these eras?

When Deke is sent in, I thought they were sending him in because he's got a trustworthy face, not just because he's white.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I thought it was because he was going to annoy him into confessing so he would shut up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

I thought it was because he was going to annoy him into confessing so he would shut up.

It wasn't a bad plan tbh, Deke just ruined it by taking a halfway decent approach. :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

Something I'm enjoying about this time travel adventure is that they aren't shying away from the face America was racist as gently caress and AoS has a cast that is mostsly women and PoC highlites this. Though I guess Chloe Bennett being so crazy hot means she passes as white in these eras?
She would anyway, she's mixed race. The most anyone would probably say in that era is that she looks "exotic".

Dammit where's Fitz though? Even if they're saving him for a big reveal, Iain de Caestecker deserves to be a big part of the final season.

Also, shoutout to the show for giving the Chronicoms a universal adapter port for any cable. They didn't have to have that little bit of CGI to explain how she plugged into the Helius, but they did anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

When Deke is sent in, I thought they were sending him in because he's got a trustworthy face, not just because he's white.

Nah, that guy really did not want to talk to a "sexy mamasita", "a boy", or "an oriental".

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Though I guess Chloe Bennett being so crazy hot means she passes as white in these eras?

The reason she started getting cast as soon as she changed her name wasn't because people had a problem with her name. It was, to quote Dennis Reynolds, the implication.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

She would anyway, she's mixed race. The most anyone would probably say in that era is that she looks "exotic".

Dammit where's Fitz though? Even if they're saving him for a big reveal, Iain de Caestecker deserves to be a big part of the final season.

Also, shoutout to the show for giving the Chronicoms a universal adapter port for any cable. They didn't have to have that little bit of CGI to explain how she plugged into the Helius, but they did anyway.

Yeah, I'm really itching to see Fitz. Iain de Caestecker is the best actor of the whole group, and going 4 episodes without him is a waste.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The reason she started getting cast as soon as she changed her name wasn't because people had a problem with her name. It was, to quote Dennis Reynolds, the implication.

She also routinely makes hair and makeup choices make her look more white. Which is not unusual with mixed-race actors for pretty much the same reason.

It's not 1955 any more, but some things haven't come as far as we like to imagine.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

sticklefifer posted:

The most anyone would probably say in that era is that she looks "exotic".

Was her dad a GI?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Killer robot posted:

She also routinely makes hair and makeup choices make her look more white. Which is not unusual with mixed-race actors for pretty much the same reason.

It's not 1955 any more, but some things haven't come as far as we like to imagine.

They do straight up call her Asian in episodes, so that's good. But as I said, its a real credit to the show in the diversity of the cast.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Speculation based on the promo for episode 4:

Sousa will end up going along to the future with rest of the crew and become a permanent part of it for the remainder of the season. Deke will just have to accept that he will no longer be the first-ever time-displaced Agent of Shield :D

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 12, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I didn't even realize she was mixed race for a long-rear end time, and spent most of the back half of season 2 really confused as to why nobody thought it was impossible for her to have a Chinese mother.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Was it just me, or was Gemma conspicuously absent from everything that happened after she set off the EMP?

I dig the idea that she's an LMD of some kind or another, so maybe I just keyed on that fact too much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AtraMorS posted:

Was it just me, or was Gemma conspicuously absent from everything that happened after she set off the EMP?

I dig the idea that she's an LMD of some kind or another, so maybe I just keyed on that fact too much.

Yeah, I figure next week we'll see how that theory pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

AtraMorS posted:

See, I don't buy they because if memory serves Daisy was in the room with her and that's a hell of a big reveal to just flat not show.

Unless Daisy is also an LMD, again...