Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Legally if a lawyer admits defeat do you automatically get their law license or is ritual heart eating a requirement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao you can have my licence

Good luck with it

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

Hoshi posted:

Legally if a lawyer admits defeat do you automatically get their law license or is ritual heart eating a requirement?

I'm hoping I get the law license, that would be pretty cool. But also pretty reckless because I do not know much about law hence my initial posting in this thread.

euphronius posted:

Lmao you can have my licence

Good luck with it

Thank you, best of luck on your next career. I'm honestly surprised people as stupid as you can be lawyers but hey, whaddayaknow.

ceebee fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 11, 2020

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

misguided rage posted:

I love this thread

calls out dude for one ninja edit, goes and edits like all of his posts. is definitely not being owned OR owning himself. just keeps going and going. can't stop saying 'bitchass'

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
thats right bitchass

edit: wait lemme edit. ok all good now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am pretty dumb

You get locked up in a niche in this field and lose a lot of general knowledge and expertise pretty quick

I don’t even think I could write a will anymore? I think I could do a divorce. QDROs are pretty insane tho

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

what's up with the guy who's unwanted tenant somehow managed to cut himself up on a no trespassing sign and took a pic of it anyways? i almost forgot because this guy made some question about incorporating an llc or w/e more entertaining

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

euphronius posted:

I am pretty dumb

You get locked up in a niche in this field and lose a lot of general knowledge and expertise pretty quick

I don’t even think I could write a will anymore? I think I could do a divorce. QDROs are pretty insane tho

drat that's pretty sad dude, you know who can, and already did write me a will? LegalZoom lol.

ceebee fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 11, 2020

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

pg. 901

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!
God this episode of shark tank sucks.

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007
I love when losers bet on themselves. Go all in cebee.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I declare CeeDee to be Of Counsel for this thread

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I wish he'd gone ahead and made the thread with his business plan because I bet it would have been great

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Quit spelling my name wrong or i'll sue you for slander you bitchasses

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

ceebee posted:

"poo poo on people's hopes and dreams" thread.

Mods please

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ceebee posted:

Quit spelling my name wrong or i'll sue you for slander you bitchass

Libel

:negative:

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

ah gently caress, my bad...libel!

see, look how cute you are when you're actually helpful

bitchass

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

HookShot posted:

I wish he'd gone ahead and made the thread with his business plan because I bet it would have been great

ok i said this with manifesto guy too but listen: if op gets too owned he'll stop posting and that's no fun

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
This has been a pretty fun(ny) interaction honestly, I sometimes miss the old days. I'm getting tired though so going to conk out for the night. Don't take anything personally I said, I honestly don't like attacking anybody personally anymore. Maybe it was the shrooms lol, I dunno. But either way hope everybody has a good night. And thanks to the people who actually responded with legitimate advice/opinions.

bitchasses

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

i've been a fool :( please remember for next time tho

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

ceebee posted:

Also I thought this was the Legal Questions thread not the "poo poo on people's hopes and dreams" thread. I appreciate all the legal opinions I've gotten on here but my god some of you are fickle bitches.

Usually the answer to a legal question involves making GBS threads on someone’s hopes and dreams. We just get paid to figure out whether it’s your hopes and dreams or someone else’s. (It’s yours.)

Also.

ceebee posted:

Hahaha leave it to goons to resort to calling me mentally ill or accusing me of having a manic episode.

ceebee posted:

Maybe it was the shrooms lol, I dunno.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Shrooms didn't give me BPD you dolt. They gave me empathy. But I appreciate your opinion on the first statement.

Edit: I'm sorry...you're not actually a dolt. But that poo poo is just ignorant.

ceebee fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 11, 2020

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
ceebee show me your goddamn stream already

I wanna see you live

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

sephiRoth IRA posted:

ceebee show me your goddamn stream already

I wanna see you live

One day soon brother.

https://twitter.com/burtcinder

follow me there, it's dead for now but wont be for too long

ceebee fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 11, 2020

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Legal Questions: You Asking These Questions Here Is Worrisome, Bitchass

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

owlhawk911 posted:

ok i said this with manifesto guy too but listen: if op gets too owned he'll stop posting and that's no fun

I didn't feel even remotely owned? I stopped posting because I was satisfied as to the answer, which ultimately was wrong. I hired an attorney and spoonman moved out after giving specific notice that he wasn't moving out, and the money I spent on the lawyer was wholly wasted.

It's shocking that someone who is truly NALA has to explain the concept of devil's advocate to you, but people can argue things to see what you will say. Nobody has to pass the bar to post in this thread, and anyone can lazily say "yes you need a lawyer". If you don't argue with the first poster who says that almost inevitably no-one else will consider your case. The arguing gets you a consensus from the community.

I'm almost done cleaning out all spoonmans poo poo, one more trip with junk metal, one more trip to donate bike poo poo and one more trip to goodwill, and then I'll post his manifesto and other letters.

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

pseudanonymous posted:

I didn't feel even remotely owned

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
I mean isn't remotely owned the only thing you really can feel in this coronavirus timeline? Nobody is going to risk physically owning you.

Glad your stuff worked out. Sucks about the waste of money on the lawyer.

ceebee fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 11, 2020

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Why do people keep coming in here thinking it's the legal advice thread? I don't get it, it says right there in the title it's the questions thread not the answers thread. Who the gently caress thinks they are entitled to answers?

That's just crazy.

Hey ceebee, remember than when your cart breaks down you can always Uber home.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

drat, this took off over the last few pages.

The legal profession would be improved if someone could take my license after trial by combat.

ceebee posted:

drat that's pretty sad dude, you know who can, and already did write me a will? LegalZoom lol.

lol

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
"Legal Questions: Sorry you don't agree with what I did. Get the gently caress over it bitchass. I came in here for legal advice not for you to be an annoying twat."

Mods?

fake edit: Or "Legal Questions: I'll do whatever the gently caress I please, bitchass."

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Eminent Domain posted:

drat, this took off over the last few pages.

The legal profession would be improved if someone could take my license after trial by combat.

lol

Isn't that what that guy who challenged the lawyer to trial by combat in his divorce was going for? I mean I can only assume if he killed the guy with a claymore and thus prevented his divorce, no other lawyer is going to actually oppose him after that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kalman posted:

Usually the answer to a legal question involves making GBS threads on someone’s hopes and dreams. We just get paid to figure out whether it’s your hopes and dreams or someone else’s.

For the lurkers, this is actually a serious point. Professional legal advice is not just regurgitating what a textbook says the law is, its giving a commercially aware answer to the clients question taking into account their objectives and circumstances.

It's the difference between:
"That's illegal and you can use for a million dollars!"
And
"That's illegal and you can sue for a million dollars, but it will cost you 100k to go to trial and the defendant is homeless and you'll never see a cent, we need another solution"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alchenar posted:

For the lurkers, this is actually a serious point. Professional legal advice is not just regurgitating what a textbook says the law is, its giving a commercially aware answer to the clients question taking into account their objectives and circumstances.

It's the difference between:
"That's illegal and you can use for a million dollars!"
And
"That's illegal and you can sue for a million dollars, but it will cost you 100k to go to trial and the defendant is homeless and you'll never see a cent, we need another solution"

And if this thread is any indication professional legal advice quite often ends up being "No, you can't do that its illegal" and the results thereof.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
ceebee will your website have gold fringe on the borders? This is legally very important

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Hell Yes

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm NOT having a manic episode BITCHASS

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
hey streaming guy, get the content to all the scott adkins movies, half of which aren't on streaming, and make that your sole streaming platform. he puts out a new one every 6 months too so you're good to go with new content. your target demographic will be males age 12-65 and colleges will be a hot target

just get em all . every scott adkins movie. thank you in advance

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Discendo Vox posted:

Legal Questions: You Asking These Questions Here Is Worrisome, Bitchass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp