Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I had a dream once about playing The Phantom Tollbooth made by Itoi in Mother’s style and I just want to go back to sleep please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i also can’t recommend clive barker’s “abarat” highly enough as long as you get the full color edition where he illustrated it with like 200 gorgeous paintings

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I would also accept an adaption of The Thief of Always but it must be done by Henson in the most Labyrinth/Dark Crystal looking way as possible.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

What are the good ghostbuster game anyway? There is only 3 that I find pretty good, new ghostbuster 2 for NES/gameboy, ghostbusters on sega genesis and ghostbusters: the videogame. I never played the arcade games and the only others I played are the mobile games and they are trash.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The one on the wii is supposed to be real good

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The last gen Ghostbusters game is decent, the PS3/360/PC and Remastered PS4/XBone/Switch/PC version has ~realistic~ graphics and a very cinematic presentation and is overall pretty good fun. Last gen has (had? are the servers still up?) some decent horde mode multiplayer as well, I don't think they ever actually added multiplayer to the Remastered version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CVUHOR30A

The Wii version you mention has a completely different cartoony art style which ripped off some poor artist they never actually credited and might remind you of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. It's missing some sections but overall the levels are longer and most importantly it has 2-player splitscreen full campaign coop. Yes, this is the ONLY version with real coop for some reason. There was also a PS2 version with the same graphics but no coop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOFl0F8I3U

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The United States posted:

The last gen Ghostbusters game is decent, the PS3/360/PC and Remastered PS4/XBone/Switch/PC version has ~realistic~ graphics and a very cinematic presentation and is overall pretty good fun. Last gen has (had? are the servers still up?) some decent horde mode multiplayer as well, I don't think they ever actually added multiplayer to the Remastered version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CVUHOR30A

It also has the entire original cast (minus sigourney weaver, you have to pretend the character who was obviously supposed to be Dana actually is her) and works pretty well as a surrogate third movie. One of those licensed games that turns out way better than it has any right to be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Clive Barker owns and I wish Undying had gotten a sequel and also that Jericho had been better.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Earthsea is so great. Tombs of Atuan along with Lirael were my two touchstones as a moody preteen girl.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres a legally distinct from Harry Potter RPG that I played once. I played as a kid who only did sports and debate class who never learned any magic but beat the big bad guy by being ripped as gently caress and extremely charismatic.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Original Mario still holds up and is a good, at time challenging, platformer. It being old has nothing to do with it being a good game.

The thing is though when you've got limited time to play games I don't think there's a good reason to play it over say, SMB3 or World on it's own merits. Some of it amounts to personal preferences as things like improved air control or boss fights don't inherently make it better, but I think most people would agree they're improvements.

Part of it amounts to where exactly the goalposts are. "Is Original SMB still fun and well made?" Yeah, I'll give it that. I played it for the first time well after it came out and thought it was alright.

"Is it worth playing over other Mario games if you don't have time to play them all?" I would argue no, unless you have interest in it for historical value.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Mods are asleep, post smooth jazz

https://i.imgur.com/XmLZYjj.mp4
Right click -> Unmute

But I love smooth jazz...

I said come in! posted:

Videogames = canceled

...ahh.

EDIT: I actually really, really dig that little clip so if there is a longer version I would love to know! :D

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

bushisms.txt posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1270852948461936643?s=20

War of the gems and Xmen vs street fighter. I found my birthday present.

:staredog:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

EDIT: I actually really, really dig that little clip so if there is a longer version I would love to know! :D

I got u boo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i got banned from a gary's mod harry potter rp server because i refused to let someone capture me while i was trying to go to class

edit: i was warned once prior because i was sitting on a rock in defiance of orders

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I got u boo

This is so seriously awesome holy moly. Absolutely my jam!

EDIT: Now I am listening to the full album and I am melting it is so good! I have been buying a lot of music lately!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

i got banned from a gary's mod harry potter rp server because i refused to let someone capture me while i was trying to go to class

edit: i was warned once prior because i was sitting on a rock in defiance of orders

I got banned from a garry's mod space rp server once because I showed up, chose a name, and the admin said I needed to change my name because it wasn't sci-fi enough and that they'd kickban me if I didn't change it. Then they kickbanned me before even giving me a chance to change it.

The name was "Das Boot" lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Sony not-E3 conference for the PS5 is tomorrow afternoon at 1 PM PT/3 PM CT/4 PM ET, you can talk about it in this thread or in the separate not-E3 thread i made (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925794)

IGN is going to be streaming the next two days as well, showing various upcoming games, just like they did today.

and then on Saturday, there are three PC-oriented events, the PC Gaming Show (noon PT), the Future Games Show (2 PM PDT), and Guerilla Collective Live. PC Gaming Show is the same event from past E3s, just not-E3, and Atlus is probably showing the Persona 3/4 ports there, and DONTNOD and Sega will be there too. maybe Yakuza 3-5 will get announced?? idk

the future games show is a GamesRadar event, Square-Enix is showing something there, and a lot of indie publishers like tinyBuild, Devolver, Raw Fury, etc.

guerilla collective live is gonna have Larian (probably showing off Baldurs Gate 3), Nightdive, and some indies. i'll have to look up the time because they didn't list one as of a few days ago

it's going to be a very weird month of events though because of COVID, so like.. i don't think any of these shows have rented out a stage, it's probably all going to be done remotely over Zoom which means potential technical catastrophes which would be exciting

e: I'm assuming the Sony show is probably just a pre-recorded video broadcast live with a lot of whizz-bang production values

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 11, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Oh cool, wonder if that Bloodborne PC port rumour will materialise!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Pwnstar posted:

Theres a legally distinct from Harry Potter RPG that I played once. I played as a kid who only did sports and debate class who never learned any magic but beat the big bad guy by being ripped as gently caress and extremely charismatic.

bully (ps2)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

Academagia?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

Did you mean

(It's free to read)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Harry Potter should've ended the same way that Wizards ended.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed early so I can wake up early and watch the PS5 reveal.

All I want:
- Spider-man 2 launch title
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 launch title
- Price + release date (So I can preorder the drat thing)

Wishlist would be some PSVR2 info.

Would also like to see some AC:Valhalla gameplay as well I suppose..

And for the conference not to take over an hour and a half.. cause I gotta go to work after that :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oddium posted:

bully (ps2)

sorry op i thought about it a bit and i'm wondering if it was actually Fire Emblem: The Three Houses (switch)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Are you talking about Academagia? That game was super fun once you figured out how poo poo works

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It was Academagia according to Google.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the game Super Bernie World (in the itch.io bundle) didn't know how to re-skin a Bullet Bill, so they just put "ICE" on it

and you can't bounce higher off of enemies

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm enjoying it so far. I've done most of what there is to do on Groundbreaker and I like the characters and dialogue a lot. The plot itself is pretty basic and the setting is kinda generic space, but I haven't played enough other sci-fi RPG games to make it feel like a total slog.

And honestly, I feel like the lack of ambiguity in the setting and the dialog having more layers to it makes sense to me, because in Edgewater, so many people are beaten down and have just accepted that their lot in life is this capitalist hellscape that they no longer see it the way we see it, and so things that are patently outrageous (the "closest living relative" bit was really hilarious, even as it was played mostly straight) are just how things are, and change is terrifying because of how oppressed they are. When Parvati tries to convince you not to pull the power from Edgewater, it was heartbreaking because she was thinking of her friends and coworkers and their safety, because their dreams have been so crushed that a better way just doesn't exist in their minds.

of course, this should not stop you from saying "nah this poo poo's hosed" and pulling that trigger. The one moment where I thought the game was really trying to play into the "oooooh did you make the right call????" stuff is if you go talk to Adelaide after re-routing the power and your only real dialogue options are chastising her for celebrating the death of the city that killed her son or "yeah whatever bye"

The biggest problem with the game is that your own character should be exactly the same as everyone else. You're on a corporate colony ship inundated in the same culture. The ending of the game where you save the ship full of colonists shouldn't actually help or fix anything, they're all corporate stooges too. Everyone and everything is.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

and you can't bounce higher off of enemies

he is an old man

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today is PlayStation 5 day :toot:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Today is PlayStation 5 day :toot:

I am interested to see what they have for the launch window. I hope the Bloodborne rumor isn't true. If the most exciting thing they have is a HD rerelease of a current gen game, that bodes ill.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i read the first earthsea book when i was in middle school and i remember having my mind blown by it, i wonder if it would still be neat if i were to reread it

I read the first two books for the first time late last year and thought they were amazing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Knack: The Third - The Full Package Edition

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Deep Down the only game shown with the reveal of the PlayStation 4 to have been canceled / still maybe in development?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I read the first two books for the first time late last year and thought they were amazing.

I ordered a paperback of the first one like right after I made that post

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe today Sony will be the one to end the game of chicken they’re playing with Microsoft about the price

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Making my way through the itch bundle and just clicking on things based on name alone and my two favorites so far are

My Friend Took Me To A Feline Therapy Place For My Anxiety And I’m Starting To Wonder Where The Cats Are?

and

this discord has ghosts in it

Amp fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 11, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Maybe today Sony will be the one to end the game of chicken they’re playing with Microsoft about the price

Not expecting a price or release date today. I would be very surprised if Sony had that information locked in already. Things are way too uncertain right now with the pandemic, and the fact that it is spiking massively again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Not expecting a price or release date today. I would be very surprised if Sony had that information locked in already. Things are way too uncertain right now with the pandemic, and the fact that it is spiking massively again.

The fact that they're still saying 2020 makes me think they've got production pretty much locked in and managed to get around the issues presented by the covids.