Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing got revealed that would make me buy one anywhere close to launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Well at least my cat can't loving sit on it.

He's discovered the PS4 is basically a blow dryer and now straddles it like a whirlpool jet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How is it so much uglier horizontal?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It looks like a pistachio

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait no gently caress now I remember what it reminds me of the most when on its side.

That one episode of The Simpsons where Marge made a shirt with her face on it but it got smeared so one side came out all wrong.

Complete with that "Hmmmmm" noise.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ps5 looks like a video card

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait no gently caress now I remember what it reminds me of the most when on its side.

That one episode of The Simpsons where Marge made a shirt with her face on it but it got smeared so one side came out all wrong.

Complete with that "Hmmmmm" noise.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

welp no bloodborne pc, good to know

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1271189734426062851?s=20

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cowcaster posted:

welp no bloodborne pc, good to know
There's no way that was gonna be mentioned.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

There's no way that was gonna be mentioned.

If it's coming to PC it's also coming to PS5 and that probably would have been mentioned

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/hownottodraw/status/1271187627111337984

Gay monster high school, sign me up

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

If it's coming to PC it's also coming to PS5 and that probably would have been mentioned

They said this was a ps5 event. They didn't even give a price for the console, no way where they gonna start talking cross gen and other platforms.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait so like is the reason they didn't announce the price of the console is because they still wanna draw out this cat and mouse game with Microsoft over who announces the price of their console first as long as possible? Then the person who goes second can price their one lower?

It's like a console cold war nobody wants to make the first move.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah for sure man they announced a demon's souls remaster but a bloodborne remaster for the ps5? at the ps5 conference? that would be wild

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Interesting that From Software's name wasn't anywhere on the Demon's Souls trailer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

They said this was a ps5 event. They didn't even give a price for the console, no way where they gonna start talking cross gen and other platforms.

My point was that if they were working on a Bloodborne PS5 port they would probably have mentioned it. They did not so it's probably not going to be a thing in the near future.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Volte posted:

Interesting that From Software's name wasn't anywhere on the Demon's Souls trailer.

They're on elden ring and allegedly bb2

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait so like is the reason they didn't announce the price of the console is because they still wanna draw out this cat and mouse game with Microsoft over who announces the price of their console first as long as possible? Then the person who goes second can price their one lower?

It's like a console cold war nobody wants to make the first move.

it may also be because we're literally still in the middle of a pandemic and they don't know what production capability will look like 3 weeks from now.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot get past the deviantart anime dinosaurs, i'm sorry.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the demon souls remaster looks amazing i cant believe im going to buy a playstation for a from soft game again

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah okay but pterosaurs didn't have feathers, so what the gently caress

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I never imagined somebody would turn when your laptop battery swells and pops open the case into an aesthetic

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Some of the games announced for PS5, like Deathloop, are not PS5 exclusives, so I can't imagine that being the reason that Bloodborne wasn't mentioned. It could be that it's not really happening, but it might also just be that it's not ready to be revealed and they don't have a trailer ready for it yet. Given HZD's Steam release, Bloodborne doesn't seem nearly as improbable as it once did, so I am remaining hopeful.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

I could swear that during the end of that when they were splicing together clips of all the games they had just announced, I saw a glimpse of Gehrman, or at least someone who sure looked like a Bloodborne character. It may've just been someone from RE8 though I guess.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Volte posted:

Some of the games announced for PS5, like Deathloop, are not PS5 exclusives, so I can't imagine that being the reason that Bloodborne wasn't mentioned. It could be that it's not really happening, but it might also just be that it's not ready to be revealed and they don't have a trailer ready for it yet. Given HZD's Steam release, Bloodborne doesn't seem nearly as improbable as it once did, so I am remaining hopeful.

i mean i'll never stop hoping for a bloodborne pc port but that doesn't mean it'll ever happen

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Volte posted:

Team Ico isn't on the Shadow of the Colossus remake which Bluepoint developed. It just means From didn't work on it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also: deathpoop

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They mentioned GTAV, so if Bloodborne was happening it would have been announced

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hey isnt it possible someone assumed a bloodborne remaster when it was actually the demon souls remaster no one saw coming

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Stux posted:

hey isnt it possible someone assumed a bloodborne remaster when it was actually the demon souls remaster no one saw coming
Demon's Souls remaster was already known, including that it was Bluepoint developing it. It was the main reason I tuned in today.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

well i didnt know because i cant read

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeXReX posted:

it may also be because we're literally still in the middle of a pandemic and they don't know what production capability will look like 3 weeks from now.

I mean I remember thinking that what you're saying was going to cause both of 'em to come out at some point in the last seven or weeks to say that they were delaying next-gen until 2021 but then like a month ago both of 'em were pretty optimistic about this year and definitely launching before the end of December.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Stux posted:

We've unofficially known about the ds remaster for a year.

And Bloodborne is still present generation unlike demon souls, so a 'remaster'would be a cynical cash grab when they just talked up ps5s BC.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So Deathloop still sounds like a cool idea and I guess we have a better idea of gameplay now but that's really not a top of the line game visually.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm also glad the only Yikes moment today has been Lorne Lanning showing up on stream.

Wait a minute Kate Gray that's...

https://kinja.com/hownottodraw

...that's....

...that's gonna be a yikes from me y'all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they've already cynically remastered dark souls 1 as a cash grab despite it already being available on ps4 i don't think you're being cynical enough

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wait is demons souls coming to pc?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

they've already cynically remastered dark souls 1 as a cash grab despite it already being available on ps4 i don't think you're being cynical enough

That's bamco.

Like what do they remaster for bloodborne when ps5 bc will exist and I'm assuming automatically improve the fidelity and performance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are they substantially more morally bankrupt than sony?