Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
They didn't announce Tokyo Jungle 2 so my interest in the PS5 is at zero at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I loved that whole show and all about it. :D

HZD2 was all I wanted and it delivered! So very, very stoked! (Also I really like that wild console design. Much more interesting than black rectangles/rhombus)

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
They remastered The Last Of Us for PS4 barely one year after the original came out for PS3. It has been over 5 years since Bloodborne came out. If it were released at the end of this year it would be almost the same as the length of time between Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Wait is demons souls coming to pc?

Probably not since it is still under the Sony banner.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Wait is demons souls coming to pc?

still had japan studio attached so probably not

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/Danny8bit/status/1271194045453176833

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

They didn't announce Gravity Rush 3 so my interest in the PS5 is at zero at the moment.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cowcaster posted:

are they substantially more morally bankrupt than sony?

You don't see the difference between a platform holder making you pay a second time when backcompat exists versus a third party publisher putting their older games on the new systems? One has direct control and doesn't have to pay and the other has to buy dev kits and get permission.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

thinking about words with "ix" in the title so I can predict RE9

unfortunately my best guess right now is "resident evil six"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

What does the s stand for?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

bushisms.txt posted:

They're on elden ring and allegedly bb2

This is the first I've heard of this. Googling this, all I see is 'their VR game had some bloodborne easter eggs therefore bloodborne 2 is a thing'.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

You don't see the difference between a platform holder making you pay a second time when backcompat exists versus a third party publisher putting their older games on the new systems? One has direct control and doesn't have to pay and the other has to buy dev kits and get permission.

so you're saying that it's an especially cheap option for a cynical cash grab then? what?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

bushisms.txt posted:

How are they making you pay anything? I'm fully aware of the existence of backwards compatibility and even if the PS5 can play my PS4 Bloodborne disc, I still want a remastered version that runs at 60fps and has improved graphics. I know we're getting used to The Neverending Game Generation now that games from 5-10 years ago can still hold up today but Bloodborne is an old game designed for old hardware by the PS5's standards.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowcaster posted:

they've already cynically remastered dark souls 1 as a cash grab despite it already being available on ps4 i don't think you're being cynical enough

When was Dark Souls 1 available on PS4 before the remaster? :confused:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait was dark souls a ps3 only release i thought it was like a twilight princess thing

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Cowcaster posted:

wait was dark souls a ps3 only release i thought it was like a twilight princess thing
Dark Souls came out in 2011 long before PS4 existed. The remaster was the first time it was on PS4. You might be thinking of Dark Souls II.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Volte posted:

How are they making you pay anything? I'm fully aware of the existence of backwards compatibility and even if the PS5 can play my PS4 Bloodborne disc, I still want a remastered version that runs at 60fps and has improved graphics. I know we're getting used to The Neverending Game Generation now that games from 5-10 years ago can still hold up today but Bloodborne is an old game designed for old hardware by the PS5's standards.

Do you not know how back compatibility is handled? Even the ps2 gave improvements to ps1 games, and xbone bc turned games into a modern marvels. The bc would be more than enough and cost them less.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Resident Evil: Nixon

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Volte posted:

Dark Souls came out in 2011 long before PS4 existed. The remaster was the first time it was on PS4. You might be thinking of Dark Souls II.

And even Dark Souls 2: SotFS is the only version PS4 ever got, even though the vanilla game + DLC is way different.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

so you're saying that it's an especially cheap option for a cynical cash grab then? what?

I'm saying it's a bad look and they're doing well to dodge it, unlike when they didn't have bc for the ps4 and 'remastered' tlou.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

We've unofficially known about the ds remaster for a year.

And Bloodborne is still present generation unlike demon souls, so a 'remaster'would be a cynical cash grab when they just talked up ps5s BC.

Bloodborne runs like poo poo though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ps4 wouldnt be able to do ps3 bc without an entire ps3 inside of it which wouldve been expensive and made it gigantic because the ps3 hardware is designed by the joker

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Resident Evil: Praxis

And it will be some sort of time reverse game! and the xi will flip around! :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the little 1.6ghz cpu isnt going to emulate the cell cpu in any universe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Electric Phantasm posted:

What does the s stand for?

Rebecca ChamberS

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

between gta5 and now dark souls i'm obviously thinking the ps4 has been around a lot longer than it has, and the ps3 having been obsolete a lot longer than it has. didn't the ps3 come out while the original wii was still a thing?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Do you not know how back compatibility is handled? Even the ps2 gave improvements to ps1 games, and xbone bc turned games into a modern marvels. The bc would be more than enough and cost them less.

lmao if you think bloodobrne is going to have non-poo poo frame pacing with the PS5 bc

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

Bloodborne runs like poo poo though

That's the FROM guarantee, isn't that why you all buy them?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

between gta5 and now dark souls i'm obviously thinking the ps4 has been around a lot longer than it has, and the ps3 having been obsolete a lot longer than it has. didn't the ps3 come out while the original wii was still a thing?

The playstation 3 was released during the Bush administration

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

the ps3 came out one week before the wii

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

?? the ps3 and the wii released the same year

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

lmao if you think bloodobrne is going to have non-poo poo frame pacing with the PS5 bc

Yeah that's a developer problem, just look at platinum, more power doesn't help stability.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm not sure what I expected the gameplay for Ghostwire to be, but not...that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

That's the FROM guarantee, isn't that why you all buy them?

All of the remasters run well

All of them also run well on my PC. Even the original lovely port of DS1 is way better than PS4 bloodborne.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

2006 to 2014 is a lot longer shelf life on the ps3 than i expected

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RIP silent hill rumors

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I get PlayStation blindness too, that’s the problem with naming each console generation the same thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shinji Mikami is p impressive, I think I've liked every game of his that I've played (but I haven't played Shadows of the Damned which didn't look that great)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cowcaster posted:

2006 to 2014 is a lot longer shelf life on the ps3 than i expected

And then the PS4 lasted only 6 years. Pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

I get PlayStation blindness too, that’s the problem with naming each console generation the same thing
i'm sure i couldn't tell you anything about the xboxen either