Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Very well, you have convinced me to try to solve this issue using peaceful metho--"
"YAH NOW TASTE SPIDER-FIST, FISHBOY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Walker posted:

"Very well, you have convinced me to try to solve this issue using peaceful metho--"
"YAH NOW TASTE SPIDER-FIST, FISHBOY!"

"we were not lovers, for you see, in Atlantis anal does not count"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waiting all these strips for Spider-Man to stand up is like waiting episode after episode for Goku to arrive except as soon as he does you know he's just going to Kamehameha himself in the face and it'll be up to Bulma to save the day.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dr Bellman is no longer a red head. Problem solved.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Doctor Bellman's hair is going a little bit grayer every time Namor mentions he ages more slowly than humans do.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Namor: "Yes, me and your grandmother were what you would call "gently caress buddies" and in buddies who hosed.

Anyways, my tongue, teased her nipples as she moaned in pleasure my lips journey continued down her midriff towards her-"

doctor:"Oh my god please stop."

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 8, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJ: You were in love?
Namor: We were never lovers.
MJ: I didn't ask if you had sex, I asked if you were in love.
Namor: I.... I do not understand...?

David D. Davidson posted:

doctor:"Oh my god please stop."

MJ: Do not under any circumstances stop :stare:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Namor friend zoned but never stopped trying

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If this was Spider-Man in a boxing match he'd still be trying to get up after the bell rung, after everyone had left the building, after the Gardens setup for the next Rangers game and trapped him under centre ice.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Walker posted:

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

"In fact -- her last words to me were about you!"

(Flashback: a few years previously, at Betty Dean's deathbed)

"Girl, if you get the chance to gently caress an Atlantean absolutely do so. Because drat. drat."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mikl posted:

"In fact -- her last words to me were about you!"

(Flashback: a few years previously, at Betty Dean's deathbed)

"Girl, if you get the chance to gently caress an Atlantean absolutely do so. Because drat. drat."

MJ passing by the window, nodding in approval.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
So I ended up not checking this thread in like a month and last I left off Spider-Man was trying and failing to fight Namor.

Checking the last post it seems like...they're still doing it but now Spider-Man is paralyzed?

Did I miss anything major, or is this par for the course for Newspaper Spider-Man?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Libertad! posted:

So I ended up not checking this thread in like a month and last I left off Spider-Man was trying and failing to fight Namor.

Checking the last post it seems like...they're still doing it but now Spider-Man is paralyzed?

Did I miss anything major, or is this par for the course for Newspaper Spider-Man?

Namor won, then left, then returned to fight Spidey again. In the meantime there was a bit with a sick child at the hospital, and the military barging in to capture him, and Spidey thwarting them by grabbing the child and tossing him out the window into the sea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also MJ slapped the poo poo out of JJJ.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nsm's big plan for fighting namor was to pummel himself unconscious. i guess it saved time?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Real one:

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Cat Mattress posted:

Namor won, then left, then returned to fight Spidey again. In the meantime there was a bit with a sick child at the hospital, and the military barging in to capture him, and Spidey thwarting them by grabbing the child and tossing him out the window into the sea.

Jerusalem posted:

Also MJ slapped the poo poo out of JJJ.

I take back everything I said. Reading through the backlog now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why'd you put the fake one under spoiler tags and leave the real one visible? :thunk:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Spider-Man continues to heroically lie down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Namor: Very well, what is your suggestion?
Dock-tor: You don't use your clearly superior military technology to wipe us out, and in exchange we'll feel a little bad about ramping up the amount of pollution we continue to empty into your home.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Johnny Walker posted:

If I'm not mistaken he's been lying there since May 22nd, or almost three weeks

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This is a weird arc because Namor's totally in the right. If a sovereign nation is being used as a garbage dump to the point where its people are being poisoned by undersea trash fumes, it has the right to defend itself with military force. And like, that war would be pretty one-sided because Atlantis has superior technology and appears incredibly difficult to directly attack, so just rolling up troops on the shores of countries who break your ocean pollution edict would probably solve the problem pretty quickly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well Namor could've joined the UN decades ago, he waited until the problem necessitated a military response to even announce himself. Do people in this world even know Atlantis exists? He's equally to blame for trying zero alternatives to "Stop all things immediately or I will kill everyone".

Plus he wants to bomb civilians, which is kind of a dick move of a war crime.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lurdiak posted:

Well Namor could've joined the UN decades ago, he waited until the problem necessitated a military response to even announce himself. Do people in this world even know Atlantis exists? He's equally to blame for trying zero alternatives to "Stop all things immediately or I will kill everyone".

That would require him to put actual effort into things that aren't trying to shag Sue Richards. You ask too much of him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he tried joining the un back in the 70's, but they made wearing pants a requirement knowing that namor would never comply.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, Atlantis fought for the Allies in WWII. Namor successfully petitioned to make Atlantis a member of the United Nations. Atlantis has invaded New York before...actually, this very NSM plot is basically the plot of Fantastic Four Annual #1, except the Fantastic Four are more competent. (They go on a cruise....Namor captures the ship, kidnaps Sue and sends the rest of them back to New York with the announcement that he's going to declare war on the surface world, Atlantis invades New York, and then Sue is about to die, and Namor surrenders to get help for her because he can't bear to let her die).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

System Metternich posted:

If I'm not mistaken he's been lying there since May 22nd, or almost three weeks
Yeah, even by NSM standards this is dragging on.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

'huh? Sorry I was thinking about Hellshake Yanno."

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Johnny Walker posted:

He.. he's finally going to ask Namor out?!

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
This arc sorta pisses me off because of the fact it's depicting stopping the CONSTANT POLLUTION OF OUR WATERS as the "villain's" goal and it's obvious nothing will change at the end. Nothing. THIS sorta poo poo is why people say superheroes are fascists. Also, spidey just laying on the ground is the most hilarious loving thing ever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TheNamedSavior posted:

This arc sorta pisses me off because of the fact it's depicting stopping the CONSTANT POLLUTION OF OUR WATERS as the "villain's" goal and it's obvious nothing will change at the end. Nothing. THIS sorta poo poo is why people say superheroes are fascists. Also, spidey just laying on the ground is the most hilarious loving thing ever.

Spider-Man's not a fascist, he's just an idiot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Epicurius posted:

I mean, Atlantis fought for the Allies in WWII. Namor successfully petitioned to make Atlantis a member of the United Nations. Atlantis has invaded New York before...

All that's true in the 616 comics, but this is newspaper Spider-man, where Ronan the Accuser's first appearance on earth was in 2016. This is clearly Namor's first move and he was obviously not a member of the UN when he burst in on them to yell.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

All that's true in the 616 comics, but this is newspaper Spider-man, where Ronan the Accuser's first appearance on earth was in 2016. This is clearly Namor's first move and he was obviously not a member of the UN when he burst in on them to yell.

Well, we know he had an affair with Betty Dean back then. So, he wasn't unknown to at least one surface-worlder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suppose this namor may not have been a member of the invaders. as for the defenders, forget about it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lurdiak posted:

You know that's actually something that bothers me about comic books. In worlds where the Nordic gods and alien empires exist why the hell would the world stage be exactly the same as our?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

In some nutty way I guess he wins.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Holy poo poo, you've got to be loving kidding me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ocean keeps getting polluted non-stopped, Namor leaves, Liz Bellman reminiscences about what could have been, the story is over, and Spider-Man did nothing the whole time. The end, no moral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The kid was saved, Spider-Man got to smash apart something new with his face, and MJ has new material for her spank bank. Everybody wins.