Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

PainterofCrap posted:

Getting a real "converted factory/storage/school building" vibe.
https://www.redfin.com/OH/Dayton/226-McDaniel-St-45405/unit-110/home/145957040

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I like the lip to encourage tripping.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

canyoneer posted:

It looks like doomsday bunker meets pirated satellite HGTV where the channel only shows in black and white

My take was new urban living meets horror video game level.

I know some folks who'd kill for an in home stage if they hadn't ruined it by plopping a kitchen right in front of it.

edit: I suppose you can make a low-budget cooking show for your dinner guests?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Add a bunch of clown art and a bed and market it to Good Place fans

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Enos Cabell posted:

Add a bunch of clown art and a bed and market it to Good Place fans

Needs secret retractable stairs.

Eurekapile
Jan 9, 2008

don't horace around
Local house for sale featuring built-in grow op. Or, as described generously in the listing as "Basement has organic garden beds for year around gardening. "

Subtle exterior

Don't miss the refrigerator window and glowing kitchen
https://imgur.com/a/bAZUOUD

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m not worried that they have a grow op.

I am worried that they have a poo poo grow op.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
It looks like every decision in that house was made while stoned as hell, so I'm not surprised by any of it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I... Kind of love it

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Mmmm, fungus gnats.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I... Kind of love it

I'd definitely stay there if it was an AirBnB

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Eurekapile posted:

Local house for sale featuring built-in grow op. Or, as described generously in the listing as "Basement has organic garden beds for year around gardening. "

Subtle exterior

Don't miss the refrigerator window and glowing kitchen
https://imgur.com/a/bAZUOUD

That wood is just pine, which will rot within a year of being used for a garden bed, isn't it?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That wood is just pine, which will rot within a year of being used for a garden bed, isn't it?

Yeah, probably. You'd do better to grow your tomatoes in individual pots. No, wait, tomatoes and peppers won't set fruit without pollinators, so they are a pain to grow in an enclosed bee-less environment. Your rotting pine basement garden will surely attract bugs, but not the good kind of bugs. It's not deep enough to root vegetables like carrots and onions either. And certainly not tall enough to grow corn. I suppose you could grow herbs, but most people who want fresh herbs in winter do a windowsill garden near the kitchen for convenience, a basement herb garden is both inconvenient and prone to growing way more basil than you'll ever need.

:iiam:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It’s for drugs, chief

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, probably. You'd do better to grow your tomatoes in individual pots. No, wait, tomatoes and peppers won't set fruit without pollinators, so they are a pain to grow in an enclosed bee-less environment. Your rotting pine basement garden will surely attract bugs, but not the good kind of bugs. It's not deep enough to root vegetables like carrots and onions either. And certainly not tall enough to grow corn. I suppose you could grow herbs, but most people who want fresh herbs in winter do a windowsill garden near the kitchen for convenience, a basement herb garden is both inconvenient and prone to growing way more basil than you'll ever need.

You're really living up to your username

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

FCKGW posted:

It’s for drugs, chief

Straight through to the keeper

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Facebook Aunt posted:

You can never have too much basil. Think of the pesto!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
$10 at a restaurant supply store will get you a prepper quantity of dried basil if your hunger for pesto truly cannot be satiated by a standard grocery store

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Javid posted:

$10 at a restaurant supply store will get you a prepper quantity of dried basil if your hunger for pesto truly cannot be satiated by a standard grocery store

But who would make pesto with *dried* basil?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

pesto built my house

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I don't know if this is a shop, but it makes me sad. I can hear and see this room, and it gives me a headache.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
A couple looked cloned but it's still p bad if so.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

I don't know if this is a shop, but it makes me sad. I can hear and see this room, and it gives me a headache.

A store we acquired looked just like this, except it was a bunch of "boob lights". There were seriously like 16 boob lights lined up in 4 rows in a ~100sqft space. It looked ridiculous. They could have gotten away with just a couple of fluorescent/LED tube fixtures.

stevewm fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 11, 2020

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Javid posted:

Look at this rear end in a top hat that thinks lovely dried basil is superior to fresh herbs. Enjoy your trash meals.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

stevewm posted:

A store we acquired looked just like this, except it was a bunch of "boob lights". There were seriously like 16 boob lights lined up in 4 rows in a ~100sqft space. It looked ridiculous. They could have gotten away with just a couple of fluorescent/LED tube fixtures.

Those were probably once tracklights or at least spotlights, but they were worth a lot more than the $17 boob lights at the nearest big box home improvement store, so the previous owners took them and you got what you got.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Plastik posted:

Those were probably once tracklights or at least spotlights, but they were worth a lot more than the $17 boob lights at the nearest big box home improvement store, so the previous owners took them and you got what you got.

The irony is it IS a home improvement/hardware store. So they had access to a huge amount of proper/better lighting at wholesale pricing. Best I can figure they had a bunch of old stock laying around and just said "gently caress it, use it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, wait, tomatoes and peppers won't set fruit without pollinators, so they are a pain to grow in an enclosed bee-less environment.
I don't know who told you this, but they were lying.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

I don't know who told you this, but they were lying.

Bee propaganda

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Love to have a stage to fall off of in my living room.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Source4Leko posted:

Getting up from the couch to grab a bite to eat and OH DEAR LORD

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jaded Burnout posted:

Bee propaganda

Yep, straight from the propaganda mills of Big Beehive :argh:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Source4Leko posted:

Put a curtain up along the stage, get a fez, and practice your Tommy Cooper cosplay.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Javid posted:

Look, if more than one person in the house enjoys pesto, you need a Costco-sized jar of it for the supply to last more than a week or so. At a certain point it is legit cheaper to start making your own.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Empty Sandwich posted:

No you see it's just a lotus pod

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

My kid and all her friends grew up performing musical theater they would love that place. Not sure their neighbors would appreciate it though.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Empty Sandwich posted:

More procedurally generated housing. You hate to see it

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Put a curtain up along the stage, get a fez, and practice your Tommy Cooper cosplay.

Not a cosplay that ends well

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I beg to differ, most comics can only wish they could exit leaving the crowd laughing like that.

RIP you absolute legend.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Load-bearing Nokia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's either a wicked prank by the builders or a good way to never lose your phone.