Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i see you lurkers. i am very tired from a long day, and am gonna go to sleep but i hope tomorrow i get to read about a new pals crimes/hobbies/pets!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5Wf6lZX5A

e: a sweet sleepy snipe

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Dixville posted:

I can never get rice to cook right. Maybe i should get a rice cooker 🤔

My RM always scoffed at rice cookers, but when he got a pressure cooker/slow cooker/rice cooker thingy, he was astonished.

But the one secret trick (Big Rice hates this!) is to carefully rinse the rice first. Simple enough, but nobody told me!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Do you like ducks?
Do you like to do art?
If so, you might want to check out this thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926386

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
A fun fact about this thread - when I first posted in it I was about 20% suspicious that it was a trap, like the old "create a thread to introduce yourself to GBS!" trap.

Edit: and now I'm still here, because the real trap was the friends we made along the way.

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

roomforthetuna posted:

A fun fact about this thread - when I first posted in it I was about 20% suspicious that it was a trap, like the old "create a thread to introduce yourself to GBS!" trap.

Edit: and now I'm still here, because the real trap was the friends we made along the way.

welcome, i was once like you

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I asked about goats earlier for my partner and I but the convo got a lil swept away in other talk

But we decided on a goat and we got them and we like them they are good and chill goats

Next year is a Lisa Frank esque backdrop and a banner that says Ave satanus because we're edgy and cool

Robot Made of Meat

OK, GAG.

Friend of all, mod to many, and explainer of ants. I have a query regarding the latter.

I live out in the country, and therefore have a large, country style mailbox just off the road. Nothing interesting or new here.

BUT! In the last two years, it seems that my mailbox has been overtaken by ants. Hundreds. Ants, eggs, and . . umm. That's it. No dirt, no sand, nothing but ants and eggs.

So, why? Why do ants want to live in a metal box on a post? There's no sand or dirt or food or water. It's a metal box on a post. I'll try to get pictures, but come on! It's a metal box on a post. Why do these ants want to invade it? Please to be explaining!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

sb hermit

Robot Made of Meat posted:

OK, GAG.

Friend of all, mod to many, and explainer of ants. I have a query regarding the latter.

I live out in the country, and therefore have a large, country style mailbox just off the road. Nothing interesting or new here.

BUT! In the last two years, it seems that my mailbox has been overtaken by ants. Hundreds. Ants, eggs, and . . umm. That's it. No dirt, no sand, nothing but ants and eggs.

So, why? Why do ants want to live in a metal box on a post? There's no sand or dirt or food or water. It's a metal box on a post. I'll try to get pictures, but come on! It's a metal box on a post. Why do these ants want to invade it? Please to be explaining!

maybe you are receiving mail from someone who has a sweet tooth and also somehow still has lickable stamps?

take the moon

by sebmojo
my corvid soccer mom hair is the opposite of on point lol

if I start up tai chi training again which I just totally dropped when it got virtual I'll donate it as a sign of humility I think

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

Hi 'yobbers.
I used to post here many years ago on a different account, and I forgot how much fun it was!
Thanks to the travelling spaceship for bringing me back.

take the moon

by sebmojo
man why are some of my threads purple in awful

What's going on lol

Shifty Nipples

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I asked about goats earlier for my partner and I but the convo got a lil swept away in other talk

But we decided on a goat and we got them and we like them they are good and chill goats

Next year is a Lisa Frank esque backdrop and a banner that says Ave satanus because we're edgy and cool

nobody wants to bear the responsibility of that kind of lifelong decision

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

nut posted:

my best friend met his wife on the neopets forum when they were like 12 and they have :justpost:’d hand in hand ever since

awwww

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Shifty Nipples posted:

nobody wants to bear the responsibility of that kind of lifelong decision

my wife and I give each other tattoos whenever. it's fine

owlhawk911

i have too many tabs open. like they have gotten too small to click on w/o concerted effort. i refuse to close any of them

what is the solution

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

owlhawk911 posted:

i have too many tabs open. like they have gotten too small to click on w/o concerted effort. i refuse to close any of them

what is the solution
Abandon that window, leave it in the background, open a new window with more tabs. If your operating system supports it, you could even put the new window onto a different desktop and just abandon the entire screen. Decades later archaeologists will find it and learn some weird thing from wikipedia that you didn't even actually care about in the first place.

City of Glompton

starbucks hermit posted:

maybe you are receiving mail from someone who has a sweet tooth and also somehow still has lickable stamps?

starbucks hermit

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

cute!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Hi 'yobbers.
I used to post here many years ago on a different account, and I forgot how much fun it was!

hi hello welc back, what's your fave pizza? how is your dog?

take the moon posted:

man why are some of my threads purple in awful

What's going on lol

this happens to me too sometimes, no idea what it is about!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

owlhawk911

roomforthetuna posted:

Abandon that window, leave it in the background, open a new window with more tabs. If your operating system supports it, you could even put the new window onto a different desktop and just abandon the entire screen. Decades later archaeologists will find it and learn some weird thing from wikipedia that you didn't even actually care about in the first place.

:hmmyes:

Ass-penny

City of Glompton, that new sig owns hard.

Pahilla I made you a pie!

I'm sorry it isn't very good, it has been a long time since I drew really.

Ok cool, hoping everyone is having a good time and having a fun night.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello welc back, what's your fave pizza? how is your dog?

Plain, and plain.

sb hermit

Plain, and plain.

your av is pretty fabulous, though

owlhawk911

Plain, and plain.

a post!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

image some brown balls in front of an overdone background. oh yeah and the first place I really posted was the radiohead message board. it completely lacked any kind of moderation, but maintained a constant culture for several years before devolving into complete and utter madness. it still exists today, with the same three or four people continually posting their schizophrenic word salads.
you can even take a look: http://msgboard.radiohead.com/

loving this link rn

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
GSJG. my man

actual request: paint a proud and unwavering stall man in his most vulnerable state

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

starbucks hermit posted:

your av is pretty fabulous, though

Thanks, I chose it myself!

Stoner Sloth

Hi 'yobbers.

yay, an old but new friend!

good to have you poasting with us! :peanut:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

roomforthetuna

Guys, guys, we got a drill brush (a brush you attach to a drill) and it's amazing. My bathtub was pretty filthy because the effort involved in cleaning it doesn't seem worth it, it's going to be filled with soap and water anyway, how bad can the layer of grime really be, but with a drill brush the effort to grossness ratio is reversed, and now the bathtub is clean! Now it seems weird that anyone would ever clean without power tools. Last time I cleaned the tub I basically wrecked an entire one of those sponges with the green scrubby side. Power-brushing didn't seem to damage the brush at all, so it's probably even cheaper than unpowered cleaning.

I'm going to get like ten cordless drills and attach them to a stick with a brush on each one so I can clean the whole bathtub in five seconds.

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

roomforthetuna posted:

Guys, guys, we got a drill brush (a brush you attach to a drill) and it's amazing.

I read this and immediately thought you were talking about a toothbrush lol

Stooge

Plain, and plain.

plain is good and all but have you ever tried... cool crimes???

what cool crimes have you committed

owlhawk911

I read this and immediately thought you were talking about a toothbrush lol

dang, you go hard. favourite crime?

roomforthetuna posted:

Guys, guys, we got a drill brush (a brush you attach to a drill) and it's amazing. My bathtub was pretty filthy because the effort involved in cleaning it doesn't seem worth it, it's going to be filled with soap and water anyway, how bad can the layer of grime really be, but with a drill brush the effort to grossness ratio is reversed, and now the bathtub is clean! Now it seems weird that anyone would ever clean without power tools. Last time I cleaned the tub I basically wrecked an entire one of those sponges with the green scrubby side. Power-brushing didn't seem to damage the brush at all, so it's probably even cheaper than unpowered cleaning.

I'm going to get like ten cordless drills and attach them to a stick with a brush on each one so I can clean the whole bathtub in five seconds.

do you still need chems or no?

Escape From Noise

Robot Made of Meat posted:

OK, GAG.

I've heard of snail mail but DIS IS RIDICULOUS!

more falafel please

forums poster

up too late again which is a theme these days

i started out Posting on netphoria.org the unofficial smashing pumpkins forum, not like those rubes on the official smashing pumpkins forum

does anyone have advice for when you're sad because you're supposed to be at your vaguely spiritual but mostly just sex camping event but for the first time in a decade it's not happening for obvious reasons and you're sad about it, asking for a friend

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

owlhawk911

more falafel please posted:

up too late again which is a theme these days

i started out Posting on netphoria.org the unofficial smashing pumpkins forum, not like those rubes on the official smashing pumpkins forum

does anyone have advice for when you're sad because you're supposed to be at your vaguely spiritual but mostly just sex camping event but for the first time in a decade it's not happening for obvious reasons and you're sad about it, asking for a friend

sounds like a pretty horny event so maybe 'bate? meditate a lil first to cover the vaguely spiritual aspect

Dixville

I don't think!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I like dat goat seagoat

Stoner Sloth

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

a chillygoat! :nice:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

owlhawk911 posted:

dang, you go hard. favourite crime?

Who in their right mind has a "favourite crime"?

owlhawk911

harsh, but i can see how it would be tough to decide. top 3?

Stooge

sounds like you've never shouted bodacious in the quiet zone before

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

owlhawk911 posted:

harsh, but i can see how it would be tough to decide. top 3?

-Piracy
-Swearing
-Laziness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Woah so many new posts and new posters! Hello gullnado! I fell asleep last night in the middle of a video game and woke up to see I won the match, that's how it's supposed to work