Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Joe Man posted:

What if Elden Ring ends up exclusive too?

:ohdear:

Are there more PS5 announcements coming or was that it?

Sony still hasn't announced a date or a price for the console, so that's still to come. Probably in a game of chicken with Microsoft to see if they can undercut each other.

As for games, probably a bunch more to be announced for PS5, Xbox and PC over the next two months in this weird fuzzy post-E3 world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
My dumbass last post got the bottom of 2 pages ago right before some announcements so, trying one last time:

Morter posted:

Quoting myself because I sliced 74 gigs outta my HD to throw this back in :negative:

And it's just like I remember. Here's where I stand: I'm currently level 230 in NG+, and I'm in the Omi region. Main missions there go up to level 310. The next region starts at 345 or thereabouts, well over 100 more than I'm at.

So at this point, I guess, I'm trying to figure out the pace of my advance. Should I just grind for EXP souls amrita? Or does level stop mattering after a certain point? I have a build that I like (even if it's not optimal, I don't care, I have fun with it and I always suck at bosses, which is precisely why I'm avoiding the lovely duel-boss missions until I can curbstomp them), so I just wanna keep enjoying the gameplay, but should the deficit in numbers matter much?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Morter posted:

My dumbass last post got the bottom of 2 pages ago right before some announcements so, trying one last time:

Yeah you're about at the point where the increasing cost of leveling is not going to keep up with enemy levels. Just make sure your main stats are maxed and keep upgrading your gear and you'll be fine.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

The Joe Man posted:

What if Elden Ring ends up exclusive too?

:ohdear:

Are there more PS5 announcements coming or was that it?

That's all we are going to see right now. I don't think you have to worry though, Elden Ring was confirmed for both PC and Xbox. Although that was from the trailer which was over a year ago now (!)

That Demon's Souls remake isn't making it to PC any time in our lifetimes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Elden Ring was supposed to show something, maybe gameplay at TGS but that got nuked so I have no idea if it's showing up at any of the newly Balkanized not-E3 shows.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I have no idea what's going on with Deathloop, but if Arkane have managed to build a whole game around that point where the stealth approach fails and you say gently caress it and go hell for leather and see what happens when you use all your tools because you're just going to reload anyway except in this game the 'reloading' is designed to be an intrinsic part of the gameplay loop..........well, oh my.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

deathpoop

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Junkenstein posted:

I have no idea what's going on with Deathloop, but if Arkane have managed to build a whole game around that point where the stealth approach fails and you say gently caress it and go hell for leather and see what happens when you use all your tools because you're just going to reload anyway except in this game the 'reloading' is designed to be an intrinsic part of the gameplay loop..........well, oh my.

I think it’s Arkane Lyon finally just admitting that Dishonored is a way better action game than stealth and just leaning into that. Or at least I hope.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, I'm sure it'll have stealth as an option, it just doesn't sizzle in a trailer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some of the stuff in that Deathloop trailer made the parts of my brain that liked Bulletstorm sit up so I'm all for it.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It's hotline miami in 3d with fancy graphics

Anno
May 10, 2017

RE8 Steam page

Also if it hasn't been posted I see that the sad cat/robot cyberpunk game, Stray, also has a page.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I hope Capcom continues the good work of trying to fit the numbers in the title for a while.

Also this week they removed the weird naming scheme of the lists when you looked them up on Steam. :(

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

threelemmings posted:

To bankshot off both this and the earlier Journey discussion, while it's not quite an open world game Abzu is pretty amazing and does have a lot of swimming around to find or just look at pretty things. Some of the sections are breathtaking and it's definitely worth playing. And I'd say it's a very watchable game too if you guys are taking turns.

I heard Abzu was scary, is that true? My kids are 7 and 4 and they just like whales

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah definitely some scary parts in Abzu. Also 3D controls can be tough at that age. Still my kids really liked watching me play and are trying it for themselves now (5 and 8).

They also like flying around in AER memories of old.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm currently playing Pagan: Autogeny which is about exploring the ruins of a dead mmo, and it's half rpg, half walking sim, half jrpg, and it's so weird and spooky with a great atmosphere. I love how the broken NPCs are depicted.

I'm still gonna give that bundle a couple months or until they sort out the sorting. Then I'll start digging into it at my own pace. I should stop buying games, but I won't. That's an interesting recommendation that I'll keep in mind.
-
Funnily enough, I hate installing other launchers, but that bundle has so many games that I didn't mind. It's almost as big as my Steam library when you include the tabletop stuff. I don't use Origin anyway and even my Blizzard launcher was removed from my taskbar after what they did to Warcraft 3. My hatred is eternal.

E: I'd love it if GOG would get some native support for the itch.io launcher. Ooooooh maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anno posted:

Also if it hasn't been posted I see that the sad cat/robot cyberpunk game, Stray, also has a page.

I am gonna play the kitty-cat game :3:

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

hell yes, nice to see Capcom read my letters and kept the 1st person perspective from vii. You're welcome everyone

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Sinteres posted:

Elusive Targets are still a thing

Well, they can gently caress off then. I really don't need "service" game garbage in my single player games.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Trickyblackjack posted:

hell yes, nice to see Capcom read my letters and kept the 1st person perspective from vii. You're welcome everyone

Oh yessssssss.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Antigravitas posted:

Well, they can gently caress off then. I really don't need "service" game garbage in my single player games.
The Elusive Targets are such a minor part of Hitman that I can't imagine skipping the entire game over them. You get a full single-player experience with your purchase; the ETs are just a way to occasionally spice up a level that you've already completed 30 different ways.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The people who play Hitman create more interesting missions in the Contracts mode than the elusive targets added by IO themselves.

Right now it’s:
Make Sean Bean find a phone that will electrocute him, exit within a minute.
vs
Kill that one guy by setting him on fire, drown that woman, explode the guy in the flamingo costume and poison the sheik.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 12, 2020

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Antigravitas posted:

I've played all Hitman games since like Silent Assassins and I couldn't give less poo poo about anything but the regular single-player missions. It literally doesn't matter at all for your enjoyment of that. There's hours of content which are in no way intertwined with anything temporary.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
DemonCrawl devs are going above and beyond for their game, so make sure to have a look at it. If this is the kind of game that clicks for you, the amount of content you get for the asking price is insane.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Just finished Katamari Reroll.

Why did people go crazy over this game again? It's one level repeated like 20 times.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Antigravitas posted:

Do they still have that daily challenge poo poo in Spelunky 2? I also really don't need that "service" game garbage in my single player games that have no impact on the core gameplay and only provide extra little bits of content at worst.

lordfrikk posted:

I've played all Hitman games since like Silent Assassins and I couldn't give less poo poo about anything but the regular single-player missions. It literally doesn't matter at all for your enjoyment of that. There's hours of content which are in no way intertwined with anything temporary.

Exactly. They aren't even bonus missions, they're literally just the target in a pre-existing map. Just youtube the dialogue if you miss one, like the Gary Busey assassination.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Joe Man posted:

Why did people go crazy over this game again? It's one level repeated like 20 times.

It's because they can still feel joy in their heart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

*closes eyes, sucks air between teeth*

i disagree

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

The Joe Man posted:

I love making my ball bigger.

E: And the screams. The sweet, sweet screams.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

Having played it for the first time recently myself it's this and the music.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's just so joyful. Also they got better with varying things up in We Love Katamari and probably should have ported that instead.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Katamari Damacy is a very good music visualizer.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is there any way to disable the on-screen keyboard in big picture mode? Been playing Pillars of Eternity 2 on the TV with home streaming but even though I'm playing with a mouse and keyboard it still brings up the overlay every time a textbox gets focus.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jamfrost posted:

I'm still gonna give that bundle a couple months or until they sort out the sorting. Then I'll start digging into it at my own pace. I should stop buying games, but I won't. That's an interesting recommendation that I'll keep in mind.
-
Funnily enough, I hate installing other launchers, but that bundle has so many games that I didn't mind. It's almost as big as my Steam library when you include the tabletop stuff. I don't use Origin anyway and even my Blizzard launcher was removed from my taskbar after what they did to Warcraft 3. My hatred is eternal.

E: I'd love it if GOG would get some native support for the itch.io launcher. Ooooooh maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.

To be clear, you do NOT need to install the itch.io launcher to get at the games. It is entirely optional. You can just download the games direct no problem.

That said if you use the launcher, more power to you, itch.io is easily the coolest game marketplace out there right now and supporting it rules.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Antigravitas posted:

This is insanely silly to anyone who's actually played the game.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jamfrost posted:

i thought my five year old (who freakin loves cats) would enjoy katamari but she immediately and permanently rejected it when she saw that the game allows you to do violence to cats

Anno
May 10, 2017

Nice to see Desperados 3 getting great reviews. Not surprising either after Shadow a Tactics, though.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I know it's in the name, but why make elusive targets temporary? Is it to avoid paying royalties to the celebrities that take part in it or something?

I have yet to play the new Hitman. The older Hitman games I played religiously, and absolution kinda put me off the whole thing.

I own the new ones now, but I get the feeling that it'll take two full days to download. I have 1 downloaded a year ago and got 2 from a bundle recently. Am I understanding that 2 is basically a giant stand alone expansion pack? And you can play 1s chapters through Hitman 2?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't played Hitman, but don't they cycle the elusives back in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
They've done a full rotation of all the old elusive targets except for Gary Busey so it's very likely whatever deal with him was a one off contract.

Sean Bean has been up several times so it's likely they learned their lesson from Gary.

The elusive target thing has evolved over time. I think when they first started talking about it they were going to have it be a random NPC that people would have to figure out as a community and it only later was changed to special NPCs. They weren't even going to re-do old targets but even they realized how stupid that was but you still can't re-do it after your first failure/success.

Also don't be put off by Absolution. The new Hitmans are sequels to Blood Money and play like what you'd expect.