Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There's also Playstation + Xbox + PC logos on the site, but it's unclear if it will be crossgen or exclusive to the new systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

How fuckoff huge is that fully completed Hitman 3 install size going to be. :shepface:

That said YAY! Time to waste another 150odd hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God am I going to redo all of the challenges/achievements for Hitman 1 and 2 all over again?

.... I am going to redo all of the challenges/achievements for Hitman 1 and 2 all over again..... :sweatdrop:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God am I going to redo all of the challenges/achievements for Hitman 1 and 2 all over again?

.... I am going to redo all of the challenges/achievements for Hitman 1 and 2 all over again..... :sweatdrop:

same..... (sigh)

At least this time we'll have cheesephone, that'll help with redoing marrakesh again

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spalec posted:

How big is the fully installed trilogy gonna be? It's like 125GB on my PS4 for 1+2.

Looking at 150GB on my PC and that's with everything installed. It's going to give CoD a run for its money on size.

I cannot wait

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Omg they're putting all the levels in again

Gonna need a hitman-only external HDD

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Cheesephone for Marrakesh, New Exit and sniping for Colorado.
My sheer hate for Bangkok. SASO Master

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Viktor has already died so many times just let him rest :negative:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

During their latest monthly show they hinted at a nerf for the electrophone. Doubt it would be applied to Hitman 2, but I can't see them turning it into a weapon so civilians no longer pick it up.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sQ3s1DTqU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Right into my veins.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Tidbits:

- The official upload is up on IOI's channel, and in the video description, they confirm it's coming to Xbox and PC and is also cross-gen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ob-fupzKg
- Playstation blog post confirms that not only your content from Hitman 2016 and 2 will carry over, but also your progression. Thank the lord. https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/hitman-3-brings-stealth-style-to-ps5-and-ps4-in-january/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pirate Jet posted:

Tidbits:

- The official upload is up on IOI's channel, and in the video description, they confirm it's coming to Xbox and PC and is also cross-gen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ob-fupzKg
- Playstation blog post confirms that not only your content from Hitman 2016 and 2 will carry over, but also your progression. Thank the lord. https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/hitman-3-brings-stealth-style-to-ps5-and-ps4-in-january/

BEST GAME OF THE CENTURY

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

but also your progression.

Oh thank you baby Jesus.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Thank you blessed king Io.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Wow, just think how great that is if you grinded the Siberia sniper assassin map to level 20 and unlocked that sniper rifle!

You know, the one that functionality wise is the exact same as the one you get for completing all the mission stories in The Last Resort.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
They described Hitman 3 as the completion of a trilogy which just makes me worried if this is going to be the last Hitman game after all the talk about H2's disappointing sales :smith:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

DMCrimson posted:

They described Hitman 3 as the completion of a trilogy which just makes me worried if this is going to be the last Hitman game after all the talk about H2's disappointing sales :smith:

You're a little early to be mourning the death of Hitman 4 :laffo:

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Ayyyy been googling Hitman 3 pretty frequently these last few weeks, excited to see it come out so soon. I recently hammered through all of 1 and 2 and even got my first hard-mode SASO (Mumbai). I've been a fan of this series since Blood Money and with this world of assassination trilogy they've built up my dream stealth game. I can only hold trust that they conclude this trilogy with a bang.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also should be mentioned that IOI is self-publishing Hitman 3, so WB is not involved. https://www.ioi.dk/announcing-hitman-3/

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 12, 2020

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

IOI is very honest and no nonsense in that post for a company.

P much admitting the carryover from 1 to 2 was a mess, letting us know Episodic didn't land well to everybody etc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Playing the entire trilogy from beginning to end, from within HITMAN 3, also means that the progression systems in HITMAN 3 work across all locations. You can unlock an item in Dubai and take it with you to Paris, for example. Now that we’re talking about items and progression, we’re pleased to say that HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3. This is something that players have been asking for and we’re delighted to confirm.

I guess I should unlock the shock phone

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mierenneuker posted:

I think the trailers for 1 and 2 were shown as part of Sony events too.

I have watched this trailer dozens of times since then. Still one of the best cinematic trailers ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Who is this guy running? the 47 I know can't break more than a light jog under any circumstances ever

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Real question is will I be able to take my hitman 2 progress from steam to a potential future ps5... My steam account was created on a ps3 I don’t think this is completely unreasonable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

275 hours in Hitman 2016
320 hours in Hitman 2
Presumably 450+ hours to come in Hitman 3

If 3 ends up being the last Hitman I'm worried I won't have gotten my money's worth :ohdear:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Also should be mentioned that IOI is self-publishing Hitman 3, so WB is not involved. https://www.ioi.dk/announcing-hitman-3/

I'm very glad SE and WB are no longer involved.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The press release said the entire campaign will be available on launch day so I guess not having a publisher means there's just going to be one price for the game instead of six different editions that come with varying amounts of DLC.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
lol I recently uninstalled 2 because I thought 3 would work the same (replay everything to unlock everything)

but now I can re-install to unlock some more stuff

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Do you think in H3 we'll also get the things we unlocked in H1 but not in H2?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

Who is this guy running? the 47 I know can't break more than a light jog under any circumstances ever

That’s because in that scene he isn’t carrying a pistol, seven coins, a block of C4, a crowbar, two wrenches, a hammer, three screwdrivers, four bricks, two soda cans, three boxes of rat poison, five toxic frogs and a rubber ducky.

Pilchenstein posted:

The press release said the entire campaign will be available on launch day so I guess not having a publisher means there's just going to be one price for the game instead of six different editions that come with varying amounts of DLC.

I think it is likely that will sell previous content through H3 if that means that now they’ll get a bigger cut as an independent developer. Hopefully they’ll use straightforward names for the editions, so you don’t need a FAQ or a spreadsheet.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Whoa, really? I thought for sure IOI would keep the episodic format now that they are independent, but I guess they must've been working on all these missions for some time now. That's cool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kind of wish they did the episodic format again. I thought that fit the game perfectly.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
What a thing to wake up to.

Jack Trades posted:

Kind of wish they did the episodic format again. I thought that fit the game perfectly.

Agreed. Even though H2 was pretty much an improvement across the board, I felt I got to know the levels and got more out of them in H1 because of the release structure.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I doubt they will once pursue a business model that has "completely failed". (starts at 15:21, has talk about the release strategy before that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stW6JvB4SI&t=921s

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mierenneuker posted:

I doubt they will once pursue a business model that has "completely failed". (starts at 15:21, has talk about the release strategy before that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stW6JvB4SI&t=921s

Oh yeah, I don't expect them to return to it at all, I just preferred it.

I felt like the model was shot down by very loud moaning by people who hadn't given it a chance which doubtless impacted their sales.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
More likely it didn't work due to them overestimating the amount of people willing to replay the same level while waiting for new ones. I'm pretty certain it's just not how most people play their single player games, they play through each mission once, maybe twice, and move on. It's why they explicitly have that reminder pop-up in Hitman 2 about the different ways you could go back and re-do the mission after beating one, and I'm willing to bet even then most people don't do that.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Mzbundifund posted:

Didn't you see his sport bracelet? It shows 10km in 37 minutes, so it was a marathon, not a sprint as the trailer tries to make you believe.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The episodic structure didn't work exactly because most people play through every level once and drop the game but IMO it works perfectly for the intended way to play it, which is a shame that they won't do it again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So are y'all ready for Mk3 items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm hoping for a MK3 briefcase that locks on to a target and then splits in a dozen tiny briefcases after throwing it.