Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This kinda plot is also sort of Jaime Braddock's thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

So if I'm understanding right in Excalibur, Jaime split off reality to create a scenario in which Betsy dies and new Captains Britain are created, presumably to have his own team, or depending on how many times he's doing this, army?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Flying Zamboni posted:

So if I'm understanding right in Excalibur, Jaime split off reality to create a scenario in which Betsy dies and new Captains Britain are created, presumably to have his own team, or depending on how many times he's doing this, army?

Yes.

But also secretly because the artist wanted to draw Jubilee in the Union Jack.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Those were some bitchin sunglasses.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

howe_sam posted:

Those were some bitchin sunglasses.

Jubilee makes a pretty dope mid-90s Warren Ellis protagonist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really don't understand what happened in Excalibur but all those designs were pretty sweet.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Codependent Poster posted:

I really don't understand what happened in Excalibur but all those designs were pretty sweet.
Ah, you're reading the Cross-Time Caper!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they really should have just left jamie alone on krakoa. at least proteus would be around to keep an eye on him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nessus posted:

Ah, you're reading the Cross-Time Caper!

Yeah, I think my statement sums up just about any Excalibur reading experience.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they really should have just left jamie alone on krakoa. at least proteus would be around to keep an eye on him.

I mean, this was Apocalypse's bright idea, so I'm not sure this result even really qualifies as a problem for him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/status/1271405111055724544

Claremont run reminding me that OG Nimrod was defeated by Rogue after absorbing Nightcrawler, Kitty, and Colossus' powers. Not a 1:1 of Hickman and Co.'s Chimeras but a lot of similar DNA. It's hard to not see some inspiration in JRJR's design, either...

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

JRJR's outfit for Rachel in that issue absolutely kills, from what I recall.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I wouldn't do the freeze/thaw trick with any old brand of tofu, it can get really spongy and weird. When it works it works but if you're charging in half-cocked you might just gently caress up a perfectly good block of tofu. Shame on Glob Herman.

(this reminds me of college days when everybody seemed to have the vegan shepherd's pie from Scott Pilgrim memorized)

Edit: Here's a mod challenge-- if you make Glob Herman's laksa (or, gently caress it, Scott Pilgrim's vegan shepherd's pie) and post pics and feedback I'll give you an av or something. I want to see some laksa.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 12, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

I wouldn't do the freeze/thaw trick with any old brand of tofu, it can get really spongy and weird. When it works it works but if you're charging in half-cocked you might just gently caress up a perfectly good block of tofu. Shame on Glob Herman.

(this reminds me of college days when everybody seemed to have the vegan shepherd's pie from Scott Pilgrim memorized)

Edit: Here's a mod challenge-- if you make Glob Herman's laksa (or, gently caress it, Scott Pilgrim's vegan shepherd's pie) and post pics and feedback I'll give you an av or something. I want to see some laksa.

Does it need to be vegetarian or have the mushrooms? My wife looked at this and now wants to make it.

(You should say you'll give her an SA account, if you mods can do that. She's a dirty Redditor.)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
My wife made a "curry ramen" recipe this that was pretty similar to this. It was good, outside of overcooked noodles. This looks like a much better version. We're adding ingredients to our grocery list now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

IUG posted:

Does it need to be vegetarian or have the mushrooms? My wife looked at this and now wants to make it.

(You should say you'll give her an SA account, if you mods can do that. She's a dirty Redditor.)

Nah feel free to modify it to fit whatever dietary preferences you have. I also don't think I can give out fresh accounts but if she registers and posts the noodles I could hook her up with an avatar and/or probably platinum.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Those some good looking noods and I want to make it with chicken or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah for laksa you gotta use fried tofu puffs to soak up the juice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Anyone know what series this is from?

https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1271983174797721605?s=20

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
That's got to be from PAD's X-Factor.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

That's got to be from PAD's X-Factor.

I'm almost certain. I remember the Spongebob joke.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

I'm making this today, apartment smells like curry and ginger.

Ultimately pretty good, I wound up adding more lime and more curry paste.

Dreqqus fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 16, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So it looks like that Children of the Atom book that looked kinda dumb and boring was strangled in the cradle. It was gone from the post shutdown schedule and doesn't show up in the X of Swords crossover

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/1272929762391048193?s=20

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Was that the one with the sidekicks? Like Cyclops would be mentoring kids with eye blasts or what have you?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dreqqus posted:

Was that the one with the sidekicks? Like Cyclops would be mentoring kids with eye blasts or what have you?

Yeah, it was the first one that didn't sound interesting. Like Fallen Angels was bad, but the basic idea of Laura, Cable and Kwannon Psylocke fighting ninjas at least sounded cool.

Children of the Atom also sorta went against Hickman's whole thing of between the vast number of underused characters and the resurrection protocol you don't need to be inventing a bunch of new characters that will be memory holes when a new writer takes over.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The new characters having pretty much the same abilities as some of the classic members sounded extremely lame.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I think that Children of the Atom book could still come out though, after they're completely done with X of Swords.

Can't say I was super hyped for it, but I also wasn't particularly against the idea.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I forget, is X of Swords the one where literally everybody is flying and has a sword, even the people where having a sword is redundant and the people where having a sword is hilariously hitting below their weight class, so to speak?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Gologle posted:

I forget, is X of Swords the one where literally everybody is flying and has a sword, even the people where having a sword is redundant and the people where having a sword is hilariously hitting below their weight class, so to speak?

I wasn't planning on buying 22 issues of this but you just sold it for me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gologle posted:

Yeah. That one teaser image. Besides that there’s been a vague mention of a sword back when Krakoa was first born, the swords in the crucible, Cerebro getting turned into a sword, and the space knight sword from Cable #1.

EDIT: I think Brian Braddock had a sword in Excalibur when he was brainwashed? Psylocke had a sword, and Domino could make a sword with her Krakoa gauntlet.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 17, 2020

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Skwirl posted:

So it looks like that Children of the Atom book that looked kinda dumb and boring was strangled in the cradle. It was gone from the post shutdown schedule and doesn't show up in the X of Swords crossover
Couldn't it still come out, just not be part of the crossover?

I'd feel bad for strangling a book in the cradle :saddowns:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Couldn't it still come out, just not be part of the crossover?

I'd feel bad for strangling a book in the cradle :saddowns:

Maybe they're just delaying it, but it was on the schedule for the last books that were printed pre-quarantine and then off the schedule for the next books that. If the shut down hadn't happened it should have come out April 15th and a new date has not been revealed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope domino gets a sword

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah. That one teaser image. Besides that there’s been a vague mention of a sword back when Krakoa was first born, the swords in the crucible, Cerebro getting turned into a sword, and the space knight sword from Cable #1.

EDIT: I think Brian Braddock had a sword in Excalibur when he was brainwashed? Psylocke had a sword, and Domino could make a sword with her Krakoa gauntlet.
A sword related to Excalibur? That's a stretch

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alaois posted:

i hope domino gets a sword

I hope Domino gets whatever she wants, especially if it involves another solo series written by Simone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rantmo posted:

I hope Domino gets whatever she wants, especially if it involves another solo series written by Simone.

I would take Hopeless* as a backup.

*I know he's going by his actual last name now, I just forget what it is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I would take Hopeless* as a backup.

*I know he's going by his actual last name now, I just forget what it is.

Hallum? I think its Hallum.

anyway him, Simone or Leah Williams would be my 3 picks. or let Anthony Piper write and draw it all

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

https://twitter.com/afuturemountain/status/1273091572683292673?s=20

i am stuffing this in my face as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Gologle posted:

Yeah, that one. According to previews, it has something to do with what Apocalypse's plan is, with learning to use magic, etc. and Rictor is the key to it.