Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can’t wait to have my run ruined by a lvl 1 invader with the scraping spear in buttery smooth 60fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/1271336664246349825

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This game is never fun and brutal at every turn, making the player feel miserable for every tiring second spent playing this non-stop assault of sadness and misery.

10/10

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In MGS 3 you only have to kill once and it’s portrayed as a huge mistake and hosed up. Plus you’re made to see the ghost of everyone you did kill and you’re rewarded for beating bosses non lethally

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

suddenly thinking of bioshock infinite for some reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

In MGS 3 you only have to kill once and it’s portrayed as a huge mistake and hosed up. Plus you’re made to see the ghost of everyone you did kill and you’re rewarded for beating bosses non lethally

it's japanese and has some nudity so it's problematic .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

This game is never fun and brutal at every turn, making the player feel miserable for every tiring second spent playing this non-stop assault of sadness and misery.

10/10

this but it s about pathologic 2 and I'm being sincere,

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't mind games being brutal and "unfun" or whatever because that's what I get out of horror movies and stuff. I don't know how I'd describe watching horror films but it wouldn't be fun but I like watching them.

In Training posted:

it's japanese and has some nudity so it's problematic .

lol. thou would NEVER disgrace the medium by having a secret area where you can repeatedly here a man viciously poo poo himself :saddowns:

also stuff like DaS does lore in am much more interesting way to me than most games

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

come the gently caress on lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Gaming journalists lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Yelix/status/1271394887792025601?s=20

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

*Beating a man with a steel pipe until he's just a writhing mass of flesh after flaying his dog in front of him* I am feeling so much empathy right now!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmafo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

How bad does a pretentious game dev have to screw up to lose Polygon

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally, a game that is intentionally designed to make you feel miserable playing it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://youtu.be/Ag_AFraxj-4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://youtu.be/FE-v320YfcQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

art

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

this but it s about pathologic 2 and I'm being sincere,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Clowner posted:

Finally, a game that is intentionally designed to make you feel miserable playing it

Takeshi no Chosenjo already did this 34 years ago

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

How bad does a pretentious game dev have to screw up to lose Polygon

That's a positive review

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

there's eventually a cutscene with a quick-time event that forces you to kill a dog, to hear the animal's sharp, confused yelp as you smash her skull in with a metal pipe.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

there's eventually a cutscene with a quick-time event that forces you to kill a dog, to hear the animal's sharp, confused yelp as you smash her skull in with a metal pipe.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/1271336666397999108?s=20

This is the best one.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao Jesus

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

American McGay posted:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/1271356770078744577?s=19

10/10

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The rumor about bluepoint doing demons souls has been going around for a couple years now and now that we know it’s real I have 100% faith in them that this is going to be worth the $860 I’m going to spend to play it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Well, Neil? What is it? What can you see?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Lmao

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

lol