Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R7hZ7VOJ58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

I think you mean allowing state and local governments to go into bankruptcy so that they can kill the unions and enforce austerity

As long as cop unions are a target, this can be bipartisan! (They will be the sole union exempt from this)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

COVID-420 posted:

little spoiler for tonight's episode of TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1271473348904734720

EX! PO! NEN! TIAL!

EX! PO! NEN! TIAL!

EX! PO! NEN! TIAL!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
We need coins to put on people's eyes to pay the ferryman of course we're running out

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

COVID-420 posted:

i don't care who calls me crazy there WILL be another "lockdown", de facto if not de jure

it won't need to be directed by the government

when the hospitals get overwhelmed and the bodies start stacking, people will get scared and stay home

and if the gov doesn't give them $$$ to eat, the subsequent protests and riots will dwarf the george floyd protests

or there will be a massive spin campaign to blame the george floyd protests on the recent spikes (complete misinformation) and 'force' trump to crackdown with extreme military force on any protests. state governments on the verge of bankruptcy will be forced to keep things open and no bailouts will be coming from anywhere. riots will be quashed with extreme and very public shows of force

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

COVID-420 posted:

little spoiler for tonight's episode of TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1271473348904734720

hmm looks like it might be time for the governor of florida to issue an emergency declaration to immediately lift all restrictions like that georgia guy did. open her up!

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Cant believe their accepting bottlecap now that we ran out of the coin

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

or there will be a massive spin campaign to blame the george floyd protests on the recent spikes (complete misinformation) and 'force' trump to crackdown with extreme military force on any protests. state governments on the verge of bankruptcy will be forced to keep things open and no bailouts will be coming from anywhere. riots will be quashed with extreme and very public shows of force

lol yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1271507335022891008?s=20

:snoo:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

facetoucher cat posted:

We need coins to put on people's eyes to pay the ferryman of course we're running out

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zyme posted:

hmm looks like it might be time for the governor of florida to issue an emergency declaration to immediately lift all restrictions like that georgia guy did. open her up!

Well the Chud Governor Ron Desantis has pretty much done this
-All gyms and other public gathering places have already opened up in May
-Biggest tourist traps opened in June
-Disney is planning to open up in early July
-The Florida state government is already doing damage control saying the spike in numbers is called by foreigners/Immigrant farm workers, not as a result of state policy
-The company I work for said Coronavirus is solved and is trying to force more people to return by June

quote:

I do think you’re starting to see more people in the public that are interested in getting tested so that is a good thing to be doing,” DeSantis said.

However, DeSantis also attributed the new cases to farm workers or long-term care facilities.

“I think the No. 1 outbreak we’ve seen is in the agriculture communities,” he said. “There was just a big case dump in North Central Florida there was a watermelon farm. You’ve had farm communities in Collier, Palm Beach, Martin, Levy, Hendry, and what happens is these are workers that are working close together once one gets it, it tends to spread very rapidly throughout those areas.”

DeSantis said the state is concerned about farm workers who begin to leave around this time of year for work in other states.

“We’re talking with some of the other states to let them know,” he said. “We also have our Department of Health is working with our agriculture, our growers to mitigate any of the spread.”

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

re: grocery bag chat

here in CT we banned single use plastic but since the rona showed up we're off that and nobody cares anymore, most stores banned home-brought bags and the stores are all using either plastic or reeeeeallly thin lovely cheap paper ones without handles that just rip and tear apart the moment you try to move them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

open ‘er up!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

open ‘er up!!!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mod sassinator posted:

ftw

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
So what I am gleaning from this thread is that I should hoard coins like :smaug: then stitch them into armor to protect myself from the 5G roni waves

first peoples knew

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

brugroffil posted:

There's a coin shortage because Bill Gates has ordered them all confiscated. He knows they offer the only protection from 5g Corona

If you really want this to end up a FWD: FWD: FWD: just tell people they're taking all the coins so they can remove 'in God we trust' from them.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I’m a one-wave truther

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

PyPy posted:

I’ve been privy to some meetings with the Federal Reserve and there is a critical shortage of coin in the supply chain as a result of Covid -19. The US Mint is taking a reactionary position to notifying the public, rather than proactive. coin supply is being rationed to Financial Institutions in the US beginning today.

the unexpected weird failures are what make each collapse of the established order special

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

mod sassinator posted:

it doesn't matter who they blame it on, people will get scared once things get really bad and their local hospitals stop working.

imho this doomy kinda stuff was a lot more feasible before the floyd protests showed that "gently caress no the army is not opening fire on US citizens". idk where the extreme and public show of force is gonna come from? the cops? lol

the military is not going to turn the country into syria so trump can win reelection. it's loving terrible for business. american capitalism has tempered its vicious edge to save itself from destruction before (new deal) and its gonna have to do it again.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

everyone forgetting that there are large areas of the United States that shelter inside for A/C during summer is pretty funny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

COVID-420 posted:

it doesn't matter who they blame it on, people will get scared once things get really bad and their local hospitals stop working.

imho this doomy kinda stuff was a lot more feasible before the floyd protests showed that "gently caress no the army is not opening fire on US citizens". idk where the extreme and public show of force is gonna come from? the cops? lol

the military is not going to turn the country into syria so trump can win reelection. it's loving terrible for business. american capitalism has tempered its vicious edge to save itself from destruction before (new deal) and its gonna have to do it again.

absolutely nobody in the current ruling class is mentally prepared to push a new deal through, the collective response to now 2 weeks of police violence protests and 3 months of manufactured famine + unchecked pandemic spread is to give Trump more money w/o oversight and to kneel in Solidarity. they're going to push the social order to the edge bc they absolutely do not understand what is happening, still.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

maybe it's worth mentioning that the public opinion shift after the protests is unprecedented

americans loving LOVED these protests and they changed the american mind faster than any event in its history

look at this poo poo!!

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I’m a one-wave truther

covid-19 cant melt steel beams

or: a second wave has (not) hit the united states

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol our weekly 'market intelligence' newsletter has an article stating that Covid-19 could cost insurers $547b through 2021

oh no, we have to pay for healthcare!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zyme posted:

covid-19 cant melt steel beams

or: a second wave has (not) hit the united states

true, the first wave is just gonna be a lot bigger than initial projections

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

In Training posted:

absolutely nobody in the current ruling class is mentally prepared to push a new deal through, the collective response to now 2 weeks of police violence protests and 3 months of manufactured famine + unchecked pandemic spread is to give Trump more money w/o oversight and to kneel in Solidarity. they're going to push the social order to the edge bc they absolutely do not understand what is happening, still.

i don't know if we'll get a new new deal, kushner and co might be happy to let poo poo fall apart

but we'll have to disagree on the response to the protests. i think its pretty clear they spooked the poo poo out of the ruling class and they're already tossing lots of scraps to the wolves at their gates

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

mod sassinator posted:

nice fanfic but you forgot both yrumo and the pigs are huge cowards and only ever punch down

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i think we are just 100% hosed until there's a vaccine. even states that did well at flattening the curve are opening up, so it was all for nothing. poo poo's gonna rise again. i think the blue states will have more appetite to lockdown again but a ton of red states are just gonna stick their heads in the sand and write op eds about 'AMERICANS ARE WARRIORS WHO WILL DIE FOR THE ECONOMY' and cases will continue to soar. we're going to be a country with various %'s in and out of lockdown until there's a vaccine and even then we have to hope the anti vaxxers aren't able to gently caress us out of herd immunity

lmao

gently caress

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

just ran across this site and thought you all might be interested:

https://covid19-waiting-time.thejoin.tech/

gives waiting times for stores etc.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Serf posted:

just heard on a work call "we are buying all of you 5 masks, you are not required to wear them. guests on campus will not be required to wear masks"

How the gently caress have so many people convinced themselves that 'masks optional' is a reasonable compromise and not just completly giving in to the people that refuse to wear masks and a big gently caress you to everyone else?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao so, I had to schedule this stupid coronavirus test but come to find out that Georgia doesn't test on the weekends so because I couldn't make the next and last test at 3pm I have to wait until Monday morning

And I spiked a low fever of 99.1°, my BP shot up to 133/99, and my resting heart rate is 100 when it's normally 70ish. Not sure if I want to play this game of "reality" anymore and would like a refund, please

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Thoguh posted:

How the gently caress have so many people convinced themselves that 'masks optional' is a reasonable compromise and not just completly giving in to the people that refuse to wear masks and a big gently caress you to everyone else?

“masks optional” has been the republican party for years so

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
5 days since I attended a mass gathering and no covid yet. Starting to think it's all a hoax. Open er up!!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

facetoucher cat posted:

Georgia doesn't test on the weekends

:psypop:

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
So since MadJackal posted his guidance list for hospital handling of COVID patients 3+ months ago, have there been any breakthroughs other than "turn them on their bellies"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thoguh posted:

masks optional is like having a peeing section in the pool, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

PyPy posted:

*cough*

:blastu: