Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Splash Mountain is the best classic ride along with HM and you barely get wet most times, and if you do you dry out in 5 minutes of Florida sun. If you ride at night or in cold weather it's not as comfortable but I've gotten more wet on Pirates than Splash when the water comes over the boat into the seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I've never ridden Splash (for reasons) but holy poo poo did I get soaked on Pirates recently. The seat was wet when I sat down, got soaked during the drop and the beginning with the cannons, and it was like they had overfilled the show building with water because every bump and jostle made us take on water. It was nuts. Same has also happened on Frozen Ever After.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Someone just tossed a rumor grenade.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-launches-internal-attractions-diversity-and-values-review-team.965554/

quote:

Multiple sources have reached out to me today to inform of a new review board being assembled to look at Disney Parks shows and attractions for elements that do not align with as of yet not public principles. My sources do not know if the review board has been filled or by whom. They do both note that this comes directly from Iger, is being spearheaded by a VP, and one source states it was opposed by D'Amaro, though it is unknown why.

One source provides me with the following attractions and experiences which are to be under scrutiny and given recommendations for modification over the next five years:

1. Splash Mountain
2. American Adventure
3. Hall of Presidents
4. Country Bear Jamboree
5. Whoop De Doo Review
6. Carousel of Progress
7. It's a Small World
8. Peter Pan's Flight

Of course the online reaction is a reasoned discussion of how changes can be done to these attractions that would remove inappropriate or outright offensive content while keeping or improving the ride...

quote:

If they remove or replace Splash Mountain, American Adventure, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, etc., I am cancelling my AP (my family has had APs since they were introduced), canceling my D+, and never watching a Disney Film again. The mob can speak with their stupid rambling on social media, I will speak with my wallet.

Ahh, never mind.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Zero One posted:

5. Whoop De Doo Review
6. Carousel of Progress

OK, I found what I would go chain myself to at the parks.

Also, calling fake because of getting the name of Hoop Dee Doo wrong

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There's plenty of other places to nap besides American Adventure

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Zero One posted:

Someone just tossed a rumor grenade.

lol this has to be pure bait to troll the wdw forums

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Remove Trump from the HoP for being inappropriate for families.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Update the Carousel of Progress so that it ends in the year 3000 with Granny's head in a jar and a big can of Slurm so you can work in Futurama.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There certainly is stuff that should be updated for some of those attractions (Africa and Asia dolls in Small World, Indians in Peter Pan) but its not going to be the end of the world if it happens.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Anyone hating teacups clearly hasn't tried to take a panorama photo with their phone on the teacups. It gives some amazing results.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hazo posted:

Remove Trump from the HoP for being inappropriate for families.

Was just coming to say this. Also is a great place to nap.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

They just need to update CoP; the future scene is terrible at this point. 1900's, 1950s, 2000s and 2050. Buys you enough time for the future, but make it so that you can easily update it with new technology. Switch up families from scene to scene to reflect modern diversity.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Omne posted:

They just need to update CoP; the future scene is terrible at this point. 1900's, 1950s, 2000s and 2050. Buys you enough time for the future, but make it so that you can easily update it with new technology. Switch up families from scene to scene to reflect modern diversity.

I love the Back to the Future-esque future scene, please don't take it away!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
There is something ironic about the Carousel of Progress never being allowed to change.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Omne posted:

I do love that the "Future" went from out-of-date ("VR and talking to your house? Such a 90s idea of the future") to the actual future we have today ("Hey Alexa, turn on my Oculus")

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1. Splash Mountain-It's been talked about but it probably isn't going to happen soonish.
2. American Adventure-Updated to be more progressive-y and "wow this is what we've done!" instead of super patriotic from the rumors I've heard.
3. Hall of Presidents-I've heard so much poo poo about this but the general thought is that if Trump gets in again or civil war 2 breaks out, they're gonna kick it. It's kinda becoming a point of contention as people get more and more heated about political stuff (justifiably, but you guys get it)
4. Country Bear Jamboree-This has been talked about since 1992.
5. Whoop De Doo Review-lol
6. Carousel of Progress-This is probably getting updated.
7. It's a Small World-This is because of racial stereotypes and updates there.
8. Peter Pan's Flight-Same.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Disneyland's Tea Cups are so so so so pretty at night.

Re-theme Splash Mountain to A Goofy Movie. Focus more on Lester's Possum Park, bigfoot and other critter things in Critter Country versions and more on "road trip through national parks" in Frontierland. But always end with a Powerline concert.

Replace Hall of Presidents with a standing Muppets Great Moments in History theater. Could just be video/animatronics. Have like 5 great moments that rotate throughout the day.

Change Carousel of Progress into 4 scenes that are just sing-a-longs of classic Disney Parks songs. Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, One Little Spark, etc. Put a bunch of figment animatronics in there. Yeah he belongs in Epcot, but we're talking about progress here, folks! One room could just be napping for 5 minutes while the Soarin music plays.

I have never seen Hoop De Doo. How about uhhh ... buy the rights to Blazing Saddles and turn it into a Blazing Saddles show.

Bring back the holiday overlays to Country Bears.

For Small World, get artists from around the world to collaborate and create new dolls while keeping as many Mary Blair originals and aesthetics as you can.

I've never seen American Adventure. So yeah, make it more about progressive American stuff and not just patriotism.

They need to make the Autopia cars electric, but the track layout is fun. Eventually they need to go back there and reclaim all that space that includes the old People Mover track. But for now it's fine. Tomorrowland Speedway is awful and boring and they should pull a Tokyo and scrap it for a new ride. Obv wont be Beauty and the Beast because its in the wrong spot, but yknow, do something better.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

Disneyland's Tea Cups are so so so so pretty at night.

Re-theme Splash Mountain to A Goofy Movie. Focus more on Lester's Possum Park, bigfoot and other critter things in Critter Country versions and more on "road trip through national parks" in Frontierland. But always end with a Powerline concert.

Replace Hall of Presidents with a standing Muppets Great Moments in History theater. Could just be video/animatronics. Have like 5 great moments that rotate throughout the day.

Change Carousel of Progress into 4 scenes that are just sing-a-longs of classic Disney Parks songs. Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, One Little Spark, etc. Put a bunch of figment animatronics in there. Yeah he belongs in Epcot, but we're talking about progress here, folks! One room could just be napping for 5 minutes while the Soarin music plays.

I have never seen Hoop De Doo. How about uhhh ... buy the rights to Blazing Saddles and turn it into a Blazing Saddles show.

Bring back the holiday overlays to Country Bears.

For Small World, get artists from around the world to collaborate and create new dolls while keeping as many Mary Blair originals and aesthetics as you can.

I've never seen American Adventure. So yeah, make it more about progressive American stuff and not just patriotism.

They need to make the Autopia cars electric, but the track layout is fun. Eventually they need to go back there and reclaim all that space that includes the old People Mover track. But for now it's fine. Tomorrowland Speedway is awful and boring and they should pull a Tokyo and scrap it for a new ride. Obv wont be Beauty and the Beast because its in the wrong spot, but yknow, do something better.

What are they gonna do to the Beauty and the Beast theater show, BB

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Oh man if they get rid of Hall of Presidents that will kick up a fuss for a variety of reasons and I am just kind of all in on it (even though it's currently the only attraction I work at)

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Zero One posted:

I do love that the "Future" went from out-of-date ("VR and talking to your house? Such a 90s idea of the future") to the actual future we have today ("Hey Alexa, turn on my Oculus")

I have appliances that can connect to the internet because it's difficult to get them without that nowadays. My oven is able to connect to Alexa. I have several VR headsets. I accidentally live in the that house now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CoP changing to different families from different backgrounds for each era would be a lot better than just white middle class family living happily ever after, but I can't remember anything inherently problematic with it like Peter Pan.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Hall of Disney Legends, it ends with Michael Eisner getting up from a chair and saying "Hello" and the crowd goes wild.

https://t.co/DJNPt9tZ9Q

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 12, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still standing by my rumor fake or real that the plan for carousel of progress was to retheme it to guardians of the galaxy with each guardian dancing to a popular song of the era in each scene *think about it theres 4 guardians!!!!*

also they gently caress can off if they change hoop dee doo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Empress Brosephine posted:

im still standing by my rumor fake or real that the plan for carousel of progress was to retheme it to guardians of the galaxy with each guardian dancing to a popular song of the era in each scene *think about it theres 4 guardians!!!!*

also they gently caress can off if they change hoop dee doo.

It’s a Groot Big Beautiful Tomorroowww....

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who are you kidding the intermission song is going to be hooked on a feeling

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

CoP changing to different families from different backgrounds for each era would be a lot better than just white middle class family living happily ever after, but I can't remember anything inherently problematic with it like Peter Pan.

Just imagine the potential in following a Black family, from legally second-class citizenship and lynching to legally second-class citizenship and lynching to legally second-class citizenship and lynching to only de facto second-class citizenship and police brutality.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heres from the script

FATHER: Well, the robins are back. That's a sure sign of spring. What year is it? ? Oh, just before the turn of the century. And believe me, things couldn't be any better than they are today----RECORD SCRATCH----

TILE FROM CIRCULAR ROOF LOWERS TO REVEAL ROCKET RACCOON ANIMATRONIC
ROCKET: BORING! What planet is this, Earth?! Quill, hit the button!

LIGHTS GO TO BLACK
"I WANT YOU BACK" BY THE JACKSON 5 PLAYS

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

heres from the script

FATHER: Well, the robins are back. That's a sure sign of spring. What year is it? ? Oh, just before the turn of the century. And believe me, things couldn't be any better than they are today----RECORD SCRATCH----

LIGHTS GO TO BLACK

I've never wanted something less in my entire life.

On the other hand, 2050 would be interesting. I mean that's only 30 years away and it's been 22-ish since it was updated last.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I like Disney stuff that isn't actively based on a property :ohdear:

I'd be absolutely shredded if they got rid of the Tiki Room.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'd be laughing about those GotG Carousel of Progress posts if that wasn't exactly what happened with the Tiki Room in the Under New Management debacle :negative:

It could do with a refresh though, jumping 20 years each scene except for the last where it now makes an 80 year leap is a bit jarring

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

So Disneyland is gonna require facemasks but the county its located is giving the ok not to wear masks in public.

Disney can force its patrons to wear them but it's a wash; as with their employees traveling to work with non-masks wearers it a potential for disaster.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I just saw someone on Twitter share an Orange County board meeting where 100 people attended to bitch about wearing masks and I'm honestly just baffled.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

couldcareless posted:

I just saw someone on Twitter share an Orange County board meeting where 100 people attended to bitch about wearing masks and I'm honestly just baffled.

Generally, the people doing this are people who have literally never faced actual hardship in their lives, and who thus don't understand the difference between mild inconvenience and actual oppression.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 12, 2020

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The baffling thing to me is just how political this whole thing has become. It's like so many conservatives said, well liberals want masks, I'm on the other team, therefore I must want the opposite. And trust me when I say, I loving hate wearing a mask, but I do it willingly because it's the right thing to do.

Of course the same people who are crying about masks infringing on their 1st amendment rights also think that BLM supports should sit down, shut up, stop complaining, and go back to the status quo. I hate my neighborhood.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 12, 2020

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Carousel of progress except the last scene is just fire

An accurate representation of the future of America

EDIT: This can be sponsored by Arbys

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Boxman posted:

Carousel of progress except the last scene is just fire

An accurate representation of the future of America

EDIT: This can be sponsored by Arbys

Seems more like a Dennys move

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Someone please resize that and make it my avatar

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

heres from the script

LIGHTS GO TO BLACK

I like the idea that Rocket Raccoon could bust into any attraction at any time, yell BOOORRRRRIIIING and start dancing.

Disney please make this a ticket upgrade option so I get to call him in. Or make a special event to celebrate the opening of the GotG coaster where it happens randomly on different rides throughout the day w/ a CM in a RR costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Like when Stitch kept showing up in classic Disney films