Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
1. B, give Tudiya half the embiggeners.
2. E. Study this stuff carefully.
We can still sacrifice it after we've learned what we can from these objects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The only problem with armor is that is has a diminishing return.

Take ours for example, since it is High Quality Blooded Armor we got from Tudiya: It's nigh indestructible, but, if something big and strong enough uses us as a tenderizing mallet against a hard surface, our insides can still get reduced to mush from the force.

On the other hand, once we learn to add Armor Enchants besides +Defense, that point becomes moot.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
1. B
2. G
I'd like to examine whatever has the strongest presence personally
3. Burn it all and bury it deep

I'd rather stop breathing again than sacrifice all the fantastic forks and magic trinkets from the Tower.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

the_steve posted:

The only problem with armor is that is has a diminishing return.

Take ours for example, since it is High Quality Blooded Armor we got from Tudiya: It's nigh indestructible, but, if something big and strong enough uses us as a tenderizing mallet against a hard surface, our insides can still get reduced to mush from the force.

On the other hand, once we learn to add Armor Enchants besides +Defense, that point becomes moot.

I wouldn't even say that, because even in that scenario the difference between HQ armor and dodging into making it a glancing blow vs head on is the difference between life and death.

Especially since all MM seem to basically be dodgetanks

Anyways when are we gonna invent joints and make ourselves a set of BB plate armor that doubles as power armor?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

We already know how to make plate armor, now if Lefkandi would just hurry up with the servomotors....

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Crazycryodude posted:

We already know how to make plate armor, now if Lefkandi would just hurry up with the servomotors....

Three Jubilees down the line, a Land Raider rolls up to Acco and twelve Kavodelian Space marines kinda shuffle out, armed with bows, arrows, and power swords.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Albino Squirrel posted:

2. E. Study this stuff carefully.[/b] We can still sacrifice it after we've learned what we can from these objects.

That's not how sacrifice works. That is giving God your leftovers.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
It's probably a similar principal to how the monster is less valuable after it gets rummaged through, or why Everystrike wanted the tree as intact as possible for his purposes. If we study it, it loses all its value because we are no longer giving something of value up.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Zodiac5000 posted:

It's probably a similar principal to how the monster is less valuable after it gets rummaged through, or why Everystrike wanted the tree as intact as possible for his purposes. If we study it, it loses all its value because we are no longer giving something of value up.

Nah I think we just get enkidel stink all over it. Not to mention grubby hand marks, I mean this is ancient civilisation just how often do you think we wash our hands?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Ordinarily I'd be all over sacrificing everything to El, but El loves that which is obtained through great hardship. What great hardship was encountered looting the temple in Carine?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hey.

We hurt our fingat.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

MinistryofLard posted:

Ordinarily I'd be all over sacrificing everything to El, but El loves that which is obtained through great hardship. What great hardship was encountered looting the temple in Carine?

He also loves things of great value to you!

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Diogines posted:

"Well first go take a sacred bath at the mikvah, gather up some ashes from your shrine to El, then clear your schedule out because you aren't going to be eating, drinking, sleeping or having intercourse before the next Sabbath! There is so much to do!"

Where's the mikvah in Kavodel? Who tends to it? Do you have to schedule it or ask Jobe first? Where is it Zepath?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zodiac5000 posted:

Three Jubilees down the line, a Land Raider rolls up to Acco and twelve Kavodelian Space marines kinda shuffle out, armed with bows, arrows, and power swords.

:yeshaha:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Brain Candy posted:

Where's the mikvah in Kavodel? Who tends to it? Do you have to schedule it or ask Jobe first? Where is it Zepath?

The temple in Zepath and the Shrine in Kavodel, it's a holy fountain/bath/washing basin type thing that you clean yourself in before making sacrifices if you are 'impure' for some reason (I remember it being mentioned at the House of El too). I dunno about the schedule, but Jobe and the acolytes would tend to it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I think it's because, as Puabi once put it, we suck at carving monster parts.
We take a chainsaw to a process that calls for a scalpel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

the_steve posted:

I think it's because, as Puabi once put it, we suck at carving monster parts.
We take a chainsaw to a process that calls for a scalpel.

What if we forge a bunch of scalpels to some sort of rotating chain for more efficient dissection?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why do people want to sacrifice things that could boost the tech level or help us unravel the secrets of the world?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

super sweet best pal posted:

Why do people want to sacrifice things that could boost the tech level or help us unravel the secrets of the world?

Because every good and pious hunter offers up the choicest piece of meat from the hunt to El in thanks for giving them the strength to hunt.

I wouldn’t sacrifice anything we only have one of, but a couple wouldn’t hurt. Smythos was probably hitting silence of his phone every time Nikall called asking if we gave the orbs back or not.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Zodiac5000 posted:

The temple in Zepath and the Shrine in Kavodel, it's a holy fountain/bath/washing basin type thing that you clean yourself in before making sacrifices if you are 'impure' for some reason (I remember it being mentioned at the House of El too). I dunno about the schedule, but Jobe and the acolytes would tend to it.

I know what it is, but it seems like a decent amount of work for bronze aged people, especially if you have an Enkidel sized one. Maybe we're supposed to carry the large amount of water we'd need? Or it's separate and close to the river?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The effort needed to maintain it is probably the point, El loves that poo poo

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
BH

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

super sweet best pal posted:

For the glory of El, of course!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wouldn't sacrifice anything that seems like it could even theoretically be as useful as the embiggeners. I definitely wouldn't sacrifice a single one of the embiggeners themselves.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
No point saccing anything. If the big guy wants something he's got people who can find us.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
man I had a super wild PL dream just now

It was us and Uriah in the mountains, he had this weird almost lozenge shaped sword that looked like it was dull copper and nothing else with no adornments, and we had like a baby version of Amok's spear and the weightless shield Dad let us borrow before. Whatever Danal & Asahel were doing with the shafts and balls was working, because this huge citadel complex was on a skeleton crew and we were able to get in to do our part. It was something that was like a cross between a dwarf fortress and lotr ork deal with different huge vertical shafts in the stone and complex bridges and poo poo like that.

We were able to break in pretty deep and there was this lower level with only a few bnaimokt and blighty priests doing something hosed up, and one of the bnaimokt said something that was met with total derision and the rest were being a total prick to this guy. But also he was the only one that noticed us. The thread voted to make eye contact with him and put our finger over our mouth, not do any friendship dance or anything and it somehow worked -- he shut the gently caress up while Uriah was loving around with some kind of mechanism, and there was nothing mystical about it we were just looking at each other while Uriah broke this thing that flooded the area with magma which flowed across a ton of super powerful enemies off into a deep strip mine style open pit full of barracks and smiths & stuff.

We and the dude lived and some maybe not urian humans got saved and then the bnaimokt guy warned us about something and just sorta noped out and hosed off somewhere. Turns out the warning was true and there was this corridor with a like 20' doorway at either end and we went to the far one first. It was a place where their priests had been basically making the blighty version of the first and second out of stitched together giant sinews and meat and big chunks of stone and metal instead of bones and guts, and their armor was sewn into their skin. They were locked into some kind of gantries while they were being assembled and the less complete one woke up and ripped itself out to fight us and we were able to kill it in a super difficult fight, and then tag team the one that was still locked in.

This whole time there was increasing drums and chanting coming from deeper in and the dream ended with us frantically ripping down idols and engraved paneling and everything that was even bolted down in that room to sacrifice it to El and that far doorway was pitch black with inhuman screams of rage and pain coming out of it and we knew whatever was in there would be worse than both of these huge monsters loose at the same time, but the faster and more perfectly we went in there to deal with it the less appalling casualties our guys on the outside would face.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

C - Hugs Option
E

Don't care what we do with tree, still sad we killed it.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I dreamt that relatives were visiting to take care of the baby so I could tend to my lawn/Crabgrass jungle.

Sigh.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

3: Save some branches from the tree for grafting experiments.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Olothreutes posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Olothreutes posted:

+1

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
BH

Come on, don't burn the cool poo poo. We already got screws and telescopes out of this place. Let's see if we can find out more.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Olothreutes posted:

+1

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

B
H

Turn the tree into forge fuel or materials, leave the stump, graft some branches

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't know why we can't make a new tree with grafting that glorifies El.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ask Every: What would be better, sacrificing the demon tree to El or sanctifying the forge? Why?

El loves demon sacrificing. Just want to see why Every thought the forge option was better. Maybe it's programming makes it prefer anything that leads to better smithing?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

It's not magic though, it's just using tools to gently caress with the natural laws of how things work. I suspect if we knew how it worked there's probably a way to substitute a week of ritual and a demon tree with five minutes and a tub of pig grease.

We really need to stop thinking of things as being mystical magic and more mechanical fuckery.

Sanctifying the forge will probably only work for us because we're using a holy tool. Bet it helps clear the connection or something.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Burn every last part of the tree

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Sacrifice every last part of the tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Destroy the entire tree.