Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

edit: never mind, i'm stupid

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Any idea on how to finish this mission?

Its 1789 and there is no target of the revolution. The only revolutionary country spawned in Wu and I crushed it. I left a few countries alive in europe because the target has to be there I thought.

edit: lol, 6 months after I posted this I got an event for end of revolutions and was finally able to finish the mission.

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 13, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

In my current campaign I've missed out on about 2000 ducats of war concessions so far, and I'm not even to 1500 yet. Paradox really needs to fix this stupid loving bug.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
It seems like something is messed up with OPMs because they are all only sitting on 4-5 units when they have a force limit of 9-10 even though they have full manpower.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

would probably run them a deficit, especially if they felt they had to have cav

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Most annoying bug so far: pressing f for find also adds an f to the search box in the same keystroke. Great fun playing Austria and having 3 PUs in the first 5 years with no effort

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Tried to play as Milan but the bugged shadow Kingdom made it too annoying. Even if you eat up a bunch of Italian OPMs before they rejoin the empire you don't have enough manpower (and you accrue too much AE) to eat them all.

Once they fix it playing as Italy should be fun, though. The missions are nice, the map changes are good. Managed to get through the Ambrosian Republic disaster without ever fighting Sforza - I think the event where he spawns with rebels might not happen while you're at war? And after ten years you can end the disaster by being at 0 stab. Then there's a mission that let's you remove the 'neighbouring countries get a restoration of union CB on you' effect, too.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

oddium posted:

would probably run them a deficit, especially if they felt they had to have cav

Thats a big issue then, because it wasn't like that before the patch.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Finally done with Austria and closed out 14 chevos in the process. Should of been 16 but forgot to make the pope an elector and I forgot about the achievement to core all of india as a euro.

If you need Great Moravia it is pretty easy to get if doing an HRE run. Just release Nitra and give them all the provinces they need after you have won. When finished with AEIOU pass the final reform to go grey skin and then release and play as Nitra.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Firebatgyro posted:

I've been noticing small countries running cav when they can only afford to field 1-2 units because of it

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

lamentable dustman posted:

Speaking of austria chevo runs, I forgot to make the pope an elector for Holiest Roman Empire before revoking the privilegia. Anyway to undo an centralization 'reform' like you do actual reforms? I beat up a small nation and 100% them to undo a reform but revoke was still there.

The quick way is don't even worry about the Hungary PU. Make them release all the nations and have them join the empire for +10 IA. Also allows the empire to spread east. Same can be done in the balkans and Venice.

Oooooooooh. Ok now I get it. Well it will take a bit more time then but Venice was on the chopping block next anyway and the missions gave me some nice permaclaims to Bosnia so I guess I am balkanizing the Balkans to eventually rule over them all with an iron fist

Nice :getin:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Anyone else getting random "restoration of union" CBs on countries you have an RM on? I was allied and married with Saxony as Burgundy and just got one; similarly got the same on Austria and Spain at different points during the same game. I was never in a PU with any of these, and different dynasty as well.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

One of the countries you have a royal marriage with used the Introduce New Heir button:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

canepazzo posted:

Anyone else getting random "restoration of union" CBs on countries you have an RM on? I was allied and married with Saxony as Burgundy and just got one; similarly got the same on Austria and Spain at different points during the same game. I was never in a PU with any of these, and different dynasty as well.

The game gave me a popup telling me I got one on Brandenburg once but when I checked, I didn't actually have one. I assume it's a bug with the notification message appearing when it shouldn't.

Firebatgyro posted:

I'm still not very familiar with the new AI behavior this patch but they would definitely stay under the force limit on peacetime before the patch. Unless an AI is really rich, they typically only built up to force limit when they were preparing for war or were just declared on. I also found a handful of buggy instances before the patch where the AI would get 'stuck' and not build new units no matter what.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 13, 2020

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
if I install a font mod will I still be able to join my buddy's MP game?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The game gave me a popup telling me I got one on Brandenburg once but when I checked, I didn't actually have one. I assume it's a bug with the notification message appearing when it shouldn't.

In this case I actually have the CB, but actually notifications seem broken, I got one about I think something to do with papal influence, and the popup on the button was "price of fish decreases 25%"

Speaking of PUs: rare unicorn sighting of Prussia in a PU under...Brandenburg.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The bull that makes cardinals spread institutions doesn't work for the printing press? I have seven cardinals and none of the provinces get the slightest effect, several months has ticked past. The bonus spread modifier works but no actual spread.

edit: I developed and let my capital tick up and once it had 100% the spread started working. Weird

fuf posted:

if I install a font mod will I still be able to join my buddy's MP game?
I think so. If it's ironman compatible it will probably be fine.

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 13, 2020

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Now that Austria is on all of the drugs with the IA situation:

Has anyone seen AI Austria go with the decentralization reforms?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is anything going on with Iberia?

I know Aragon has an event to release Naples now but I'm seeing Granada expand against Castile in like 5/6 games I've started.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is anything going on with Iberia?

I know Aragon has an event to release Naples now but I'm seeing Granada expand against Castile in like 5/6 games I've started.

The entire maghreb has been annexed by the Iberians within 50 years in every game i've played since the patch.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

this happened pretty regularly before the patch, if castile gets into an early war with aragon everyone will dogpile them and the castillan civil war will fire and crush them.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Groke posted:

Now that Austria is on all of the drugs with the IA situation:

Has anyone seen AI Austria go with the decentralization reforms?

Yup. I've been working on a Kingdom of God game where they went decentralized. Got most of N Italy except the Po valley before Ewiger Landfriede came around.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Most annoying bug so far: pressing f for find also adds an f to the search box in the same keystroke. Great fun playing Austria and having 3 PUs in the first 5 years with no effort

Hmm what's the 3rd? I got Hungary and Bohemia but want that cheevo. No bozo kings will die or anything and everyone has a thousand heirs!

I guess Burgundy though? Those bastards went crying to France and now mega France just owns everything.

Protestant poo poo just started firing (i'm at like 1490 or so?) how do I stop it? Anything except no-CB war against them? Which would put me (Austria) in a hell war against France/Burg/all the low countries.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm what's the 3rd? I got Hungary and Bohemia but want that cheevo. No bozo kings will die or anything and everyone has a thousand heirs!

I guess Burgundy though? Those bastards went crying to France and now mega France just owns everything.

Protestant poo poo just started firing (i'm at like 1490 or so?) how do I stop it? Anything except no-CB war against them? Which would put me (Austria) in a hell war against France/Burg/all the low countries.

milan is also very easy

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Davincie posted:

milan is also very easy

Is there anything you do aside from have a royal marriage and be friends? They've been my ally the whole game!

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Is there anything you do aside from have a royal marriage and be friends? They've been my ally the whole game!

If you RM them at the start of the game they tend to use the introduce heir button right away giving you a CB to PU them.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I'm attack Denmark as Austria to get them into the HRE. But i can't take their capital it turns out because they have a many boats. Any way to cheese across a blockaded strait?

Various Meat Products posted:

If you RM them at the start of the game they tend to use the introduce heir button right away giving you a CB to PU them.

ah missed that chance.

edit: lol stuck in forever war with Denmark because i can't get my dudes anywhere and it'll take years to build up heavy ships...then more time to switch and build galleys. They've got the strait of denmark thing guarded by loads of Finnish heavies, then Svalbard or whatever covered with dozens of galleys.

And also the reformation is happening and can't stop all these princes from converting. Stupid austria! Should have done the italian cheese thing at the start.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 13, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I got an event CB to PU Milan as soon as they became a republic, before Hungary and Bohemia even came one the table.

e: and not the regular restore government CB, the event fires and says "hey as the emperor you should be the real heir to the duchy of lombardy if he dies heirless, do you wanna go for it?" pick yes and you get a restore union CB on Milan.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 13, 2020

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I never got the event, thanks johan.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Denmark is such a pain with those straits and their stupid galleys. Sometimes when I'm playing a big Mediterranean power I build a huge fuckoff fleet of galleys and find some excuse to sail up there and sink their boats out of spite.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I never got the event, thanks johan.

It's like 10% that they don't go for the republican government when the king dies heirless. Or he can live long enough iirc

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
The pile of Curiabucks definitely seems to be way too big. Playing as the Papacy, it's sitting at thousands of gold by 1500 and it's easy as heck to just keep reform desire at 0 indefinitely by spending a bunch of it.

Also, the Ottomans are much, much weaker now that they don't have an infinite pool of mercenaries available. After windmill slamming into a no-CB vassalizing of Byzantium, I was able to actually win some future wars against the Ottomans singlehandedly by hitting when they were low on manpower.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 13, 2020

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

The usual advice from before 1.30 should still be good: Hope for the centers of reformation to spawn in OPM nations because that means you can kill the center with a force religion peace treaty. [1] Then try to get the relevant nation into a war somehow; resort to a no-CB if you have to but most of the time you should be able to get a valid CB against the nation itself or one of its allies. With a bit of luck you might not have to fight anyone really big, that way.

One of the Age of Discovery abilities lets you fabricate claims next to other claims. So you can fabricate whole chains of claims, from province A to province B to province C to province D. It might be prudent to pick this well in advance of the reformation and make a nice little web of claims across the HRE.

[1] Otherwise, you have to either grab the province with the center of reformation for yourself and then manually convert it (against penalties), or do it in two wars where the first war is about isolating the center in an OPM and the second is to force-convert it.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Also, the whole thing where it's way too easy to get IA and everyone jumps into the HRE is definitely real. I'm at 1554 and AI Austria has already pushed things to the first rank of Decentralization despite me spending the entire time up until that point gobbling up HRE members, and even Albania is part of the HRE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How does AI Castille pull 50k+ of armies out of its rear end in 1451? It has been a goal of mine for like four years to get a Morocco game off of the ground but I can never beat Castille. Maybe twice I've mortgaged my future to win the first war but inevitably lose round 2 because Castille easily gets a bunch of allies that are all too happy to dump 100k+ soldiers on me all the way from Eastern Europe.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Huh.

As autria, I got called into a war with France by my pal Castile, and was happy to join. Nice chance to release some states to join the HRE.

The England attacked Burgundy. Not bad! Maybe it'll fire the succession!

France declares war on Burgundy even while half occupied by me.

I get an event about pressing my claim. It says it will make me declare war with France for the Low countries. I click yes, and...
...nothing happens. Burgundy stays there. I'm still at war with France, the earlier war.

I just hosed myself out of western europe, didn't I?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So, I, as Brandenburg, was emperor for a spell but I gave it up to turn protestant. Austria, who was and has remained my ally, was voted emperor. They were perfectly willing to join my war against Bohemia while they were still emperor. Then the emperor died, the HRE voted for Austria again, and now this is happening:

What does this mean? It's appearing on every country in the HRE, so it may be some modifier indicating that the emperor doesn't want to support internal wars, but as I said they were willing to join me earlier. So I don't know what's up. I could really use their 40k or so troops against France, who decided they want to be defender of the catholic faith.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

What does this mean? It's appearing on every country in the HRE, so it may be some modifier indicating that the emperor doesn't want to support internal wars, but as I said they were willing to join me earlier. So I don't know what's up. I could really use their 40k or so troops against France, who decided they want to be defender of the catholic faith.

The Emperor tends to only join internal wars against its rivals, from my experience. I'm guessing Bohemia was their rival, then became too weak after you beat them up, so now they have no reason to want to war against them. They might have just had a hostile attitude towards Bohemia, which I think has the same effect. The AI personality of the ruler may also affect it, since you mentioned the throne just changed hands. If they're a diplomat now, they're probably more likely to prefer peaceful means of expansion.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Okay so they declared war on Switzerland with the purge heresy CB shortly after my post. I reloaded the game to try to figure out what was happening, asked Austria to prepare for war, and then after a couple months they were willing to accept my call to arms again. I am noticing that Bohemia is indeed their rival in this reload. I don't know if they were before (though Austria was willing to accept my call as recent as a year earlier). So I'm still not much closer to understanding. I just wish the modifier was more descriptive. And you'd think if it was a reluctance to join internal wars, it wouldn't be an absolute -1000, but something you could maybe bribe them to accept.

edit: Do shattered retreats seem buggy to anyone else this patch? I'm noticing AI armies retreating to a lot of illogical places, including provinces that are actively being sieged. I had an enemy army just now retreat to a province I was laying siege to and when they got there, we just kinda stood around in the same province not fighting, then they walked out and back in again to fight me. That doesn't seem right. There's also been stuff like this:

Pictured is a French army that was defeated on the French border by the Austrians that "retreated" across the whole of Germany into Bohemian land, conveniently to where one of my unprotected siege stacks is. (sigh...) It could've been a manual retreat, but their morale was pretty low at first (it's been recovering).

Update: Ah, I see. France was retreating into Poland, who France was also allied with in a separate war (not this one) against the Ottomans. Of course. Well, the first thing is definitely a bug. And I'm seeing them retreat to strange places more in general this patch.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

can non christians join the hre, if you vassalize them as the emperor?