Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
https://twitter.com/stevenspohn/status/1271470870763102208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Anonymous Robot posted:

The Surge 2: boy oh boy, Dark Souls does not benefit from layering a bunch of additional inventory systems, combat mechanics and cluttered menus on top. Also, for a game whose central gimmick seems to be targeting limbs for locational damage is that you can hijack them, targeting limbs feels rather obtuse.

Are you playing on keyboard? The keyboard controls suck, on a controller you literally just push the right stick in the direction of the limb.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PSA that they ported this game to mobile and if you haven't played it you should

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
As hitman is being discussed again can someone explain the pricing to me please?

Hitman (2016) game of the year bundle is almost £50 (despite it being several years old) but there is a dlc pack for hitman 2 which seems to have this same content, in a new engine for £16 (although there is also an upgrade for this at another £8) . So Couldn't I just get the first episode of hitman 2 (which is free) and buy this dlc and get the same game but for far less?

Every time I think about jumping into hitman I look at the store page for 5 minutes before my eyes glaze over and I close the window.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

SirSamVimes posted:

Ghost Trick was so loving good

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

As hitman is being discussed again can someone explain the pricing to me please?

Hitman (2016) game of the year bundle is almost £50 (despite it being several years old) but there is a dlc pack for hitman 2 which seems to have this same content, in a new engine for £16 (although there is also an upgrade for this at another £8) . So Couldn't I just get the first episode of hitman 2 (which is free) and buy this dlc and get the same game but for far less?

Every time I think about jumping into hitman I look at the store page for 5 minutes before my eyes glaze over and I close the window.

Hitman 2 is what you want. It has both the new stuff and also lets you play the old season 1 content inside of it. You won't miss out on anything.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
To be honest the first hitman shouldn't even be for sale, because literally the entire first hitman is in hitman 2 for 8$ or something ridiculous like that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Boba Pearl posted:

To be honest the first hitman shouldn't even be for sale, because literally the entire first hitman is in hitman 2 for 8$ or something ridiculous like that.

Is it...is it worth deleting the first game to install it in the second game's engine? Especially if someone didn't have the foresight to download the second game straight and instead spent all day downloading the first? Asking for a friend

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Artelier posted:

Is it...is it worth deleting the first game to install it in the second game's engine? Especially if someone didn't have the foresight to download the second game straight and instead spent all day downloading the first? Asking for a friend

Yes, definitely. Beyond several engine features and a changed HUD you get the benefit from being able to use item unlocks in both games. So that H1 gun can be used in H2 levels and vice versa.

Jamfrost posted:

Agent 47 is actually a sleep therapist. Everyone is just taking naps.

I prefer the title “massage expert”.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mega Comrade posted:

hitman pricing
PM if you want the first game, I've got a spare key that's been sitting on Humble for years. If you get Hitman 2, it will recognize it and you won't have to buy it as DLC.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Also, the Hitman 1 levels get lightly reworked when played in Hitman 2, adding features like tall grass you can hide in and briefcases that you can carry illegal objects in.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Artelier posted:

lol... I'm so sorry friend.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1271700003568975872

probably gonna be announced on this stream in ~7 hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXwPnDpMD4

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 13, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anime as gently caress the game. Be prepared for 4-5 hours of exciting anime melodrama before the actual game starts.
Its awesome, get it!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SirSamVimes posted:

Ghost Trick was so loving good

=What?

-Ghost trick.

=Huh? What about it?

-It was really good.

=Hmm, so that is...

-Yes?

=A video game?

-It's a video game.

=Interesting, I think I understand!

-Yes?

=Yes! Ghost trick, which is a video game, is really good!

-You've got it!!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It actually was amazing but man those conversations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Boba Pearl posted:

Occasionally Hitman is cheaper to get into H2 by buying the first game's GotY edition vs. the legacy pack DLC for Hitman 2 directly (eg. IOI's recent 80% sale didn't cover the DLC but made Hitman GotY cost about $9 or whatever).

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Anime as gently caress the game. Be prepared for 4-5 hours of exciting anime melodrama before the actual game starts.
Its awesome, get it!

This led to some amazing cognitive dissonance in the PS Vita thread.
The Vita didn't have a lot of games and Persona 4 was very well recieved so many of the Vita owners gave it a try.
Then they started arguing that it's not anime with arguments that could be summarized as
"I've decided that I hate anime, but I love P4, so it can't be anime"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Much like "open world," "looter shooter," "walking sim" or any other performatively maligned genre, everybody claims to hate anime games until they find one they like, at which point they engage in some incredible mental gymnastics to justify how it isn't really anime.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So my friend who downloaded Hitman 1 instead of 2 didn't have to redownload all the levels again because Hitman 2 just picks them up from the Hitman 1 install folder phew! So happy for my friend and he's enjoying this new briefcase very much!

My friend spoke too soon and it doesn't load properly and my friend might have another day's worth of downloads to go through!! But my friend thanks the advise of everyone who said the engine upgrade is worth it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Persona 4 isn't anime because it doesn't have corpse runs

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Artelier posted:

So my friend who downloaded Hitman 1 instead of 2 didn't have to redownload all the levels again because Hitman 2 just picks them up from the Hitman 1 install folder phew! So happy for my friend and he's enjoying this new briefcase very much!

My friend spoke too soon and it doesn't load properly and my friend might have another day's worth of downloads to go through!! But my friend thanks the advise of everyone who said the engine upgrade is worth it

You can actually download each level individually with the steam DLC interface due to the sort of vestigial episodic structure of the games. The whole game has to be like 100 GB so that's what I do. You can just play every level back to back but it's really sort of intended to be a thing where you wring all the content out of one level before moving onto the next one, so you only really need one for every 5 or 10 hours of play

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's taken like a year but I've finally come around on the steam update that makes my library have this on its "front" page:

It looks so cool seeing the lineup there, and it's a reminder to play things.

(I did finally shelve AssCreed Origins, I love it dearly but I'm burnt out on it and will finish it later. Witcher 3 can step up to the plate as my next open world game!)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, I’m playing Tomb Raider ‘13, I find a lore book in a cave and all of sudden Ulfric Stormcloak starts reading it to me. Kept waiting for him to say “This Island belongs to the Nords!”

Glad I gave this game a second chance, it’s gotten better as I go along.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, I’m playing Tomb Raider ‘13, I find a lore book in a cave and all of sudden Ulfric Stormcloak starts reading it to me. Kept waiting for him to say “This Island belongs to the Nords!”

Glad I gave this game a second chance, it’s gotten better as I go along.

Please watch out for enemy chatter in this game, it's great.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I mean, I don't really need to buy or start a new game right now, but if Persona 4 comes out today I'm buying it.

Honestly I feel like a lot of games could benefit from this sort of super quick annoucement/sale turnaround. SO MANY TIMES I have seen an interesting game that in the moment I think "Man I want to play that, I'll buy it" only to see that it comes out in 2021 (Lookin at you, Cat game about being a cat in some sort of cyberpunk city). The chances of me caring about that in 2021 are pretty slim tbh. But nowadays we live in age where people set release dates for fuckin trailers.

Pointing out that Apex Legends did this and it REALLY helped them imo

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 13, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the death of console exclusives is a good thing and I will cheer for it at every turn, even if it's a game I bought a vita to play and then almost never touched again

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

PSA that they ported this game to mobile and if you haven't played it you should

Sadly iOS only outside of Japan. Not sure why unless Apple threw a bunch money their way.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Aww, the "old Steam UI" hack doesn't work anymore. It lasted longer than I expected and I even spent yesterday evening playing Hitman 2 with it, but now it's gone and I have to deal with the lovely UI at last :rip:

joe football posted:

You can actually download each level individually with the steam DLC interface due to the sort of vestigial episodic structure of the games. The whole game has to be like 100 GB so that's what I do. You can just play every level back to back but it's really sort of intended to be a thing where you wring all the content out of one level before moving onto the next one, so you only really need one for every 5 or 10 hours of play
Yeah if you're just jumping in and the download size/speed is a bother, I recommend disabling most of the maps and download them in the background later. I'd start with Paris, Sapienza and Hawke's Bay (the Hitman 2 intro level, it's fairly small) and whatever cosmetic DLC you want to use. If you're new to the game you definitely don't need the maps for the terrible sniper mode (Himmelstein, Hantu Port and Siberia) and you won't reach the late game maps of Hitman 2016, let alone the Hitman 2 maps for hours.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It'll be interesting to see some Persona games on PC even if it's not something I'm probably going to dip in, mostly to see if that may be a change in attitude regarding other titles. Though expecting something like Digital Devil Saga or Raidou Kuzunoha to be ported is even more wishful thinking than Nocturne or the Persona Q, which at least is a title they currently care about.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Samuringa posted:

It'll be interesting to see some Persona games on PC even if it's not something I'm probably going to dip in, mostly to see if that may be a change in attitude regarding other titles. Though expecting something like Digital Devil Saga or Raidou Kuzunoha to be ported is even more wishful thinking than Nocturne or the Persona Q, which at least is a title they currently care about.

I mean, theoretically P4 is running on the same engine as all those PS2 games, so we could get DDS1&2, Raidou, and Nocturne.

The real long shot is anything from the DS/3DS, which sucks because SMTIV: Apocalypse is the best game Atlus has ever made.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

the sexy brutale is kind of cool and in that vein

I wish it didn’t have an embarrassingly bad name.

Cartoon Man posted:

Its awesome, get it!

Why do so many Japanese games insist on having stupidly long and slow intros before you get to actually play the drat game?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Judging by this Guerilla Collective steam I think we can safely declare this the year of Slay the Spire clones

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Don't Atlus have some connection with Vanillaware these days? Who do I have to slap to get some of those games on Steam? Muramasa is trapped on the Wii and Vita, and it's too beautiful for either of those platforms.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Torchlight III is out in Early Access today.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The PC Gaming Show begins in 11 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXwPnDpMD4

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The one time I skipped those they announced Yakuza 0 for Steam so I'll tune in

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They promised Evil Genius 2 gameplay so I have to watch.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Samuringa posted:

The one time I skipped those they announced Yakuza 0 for Steam so I'll tune in

seems like you should skip tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Persona 4 Golden

$20 is a great price.