Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is it necessary to do this chat about how we don't know what's in the box. Just show the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

JBP posted:

Why is it necessary to do this chat about how we don't know what's in the box. Just show the poo poo.

To be fair even at work when I did a training webinar to the rest of the team world wide every month, I looked at the viewing figures and no matter what time we did it, we only hit max numbers like 15 minutes or so after we started broadcasting, and I was trying to convince the manager in charge to let me just pad out the first 15 minutes with nonsense but he didn't let me, so as a result half the viewers just missed 25% of the information.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

To give them 15 minutes of buffer to deal with any potential tech problems before the actual reveal starts.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

To be fair, everybody knows the first 15 minutes are filler so there's no point in tuning in on time.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Motherfucker. Never say "It's been" if you're going to pause after.

Now I'll have that loving song stuck in my head for a goddamn week.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Booley posted:

To give them 15 minutes of buffer to deal with any potential tech problems before the actual reveal starts.

Just run a prerecord. PS5 did their no bullshit one and it was just the content with a few short dev comments. This is just farts.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Man that box looks bigger than the 8th edition one.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cooked Auto posted:

Man that box looks bigger than the 8th edition one.

Maybe the Dark Uprising was "the thin edge of the wedge" (as the kids say these days) price-wise?

E: Ah ha ha ha CHAINSWORD GO BRRRRRRRRR

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Primaris with meltas!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/13/warhammer-40000-preview-whats-in-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1

Preview article up.

I mean that's a lot of stuff for one box:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Yeah I’m going to have to get all that. Includes a full-size rule book and everything. So good

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is that an MDF obelisk?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Not designed as a "starter set". It's designed for existing players to expand an army with stuff from the new edition. Interesting approach. I wonder if there will also be a new starter box with stuff that you might want to actually begin an army with?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hope it's easy to flip the necron stuff because I'll be buying this

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I imagine a lot of these new models are going to be exclusive to the box set too. My poor wallet.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm so tired of space marines.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So it sounds like this is more-or-less a dual Battleforce with the rule book, I wonder when the starter set is coming?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

:black101:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

All those models plus a full size rulebook sort of justifies the £120 rumoured price tag to be honest.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I do like the idea that they're moving from tactilol Primaris to more baroquecocco?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

JBP posted:

Hope it's easy to flip the necron stuff because I'll be buying this

If you’re in the US and interested I’ll probably be wanting to buy a second Necron half.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PierreTheMime posted:

If you’re in the US and interested I’ll probably be wanting to buy a second Necron half.

Australia unfortunately. I'm sure I'll find someone without too much trouble. The new necron models look great.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Kitchner posted:

All those models plus a full size rulebook sort of justifies the £120 rumoured price tag to be honest.

$150 freedombux really does look like a good deal. I mean, 3 small marines on bike are still $50 for some stupid reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheBigAristotle posted:

Are you going to buy it

i will

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

$150 freedombux really does look like a good deal. I mean, 3 small marines on bike are still $50 for some stupid reason.

And oddly enough still very popular as I've come to realize this week. Turns out trying to score a single of the old bikes new on sprue decent cheap isn't easy. (Even if I'm sure its because the swedish warhammer second hand market is hosed.)

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Did they just say there's going to be new paints released as part of all this?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Orktober better be lit.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheBigAristotle posted:

Are you going to buy it

Maybe? I don't like Spess Mehreens or Crons but BVMTH wants to paint everything gold and it's better on those two armies than the more Inq28 =I=/Chaos Cultist/GSC stuff I'm (very very slowly) trying to build?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 13, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Interestingly this isn't the "Dark Imperium" equivalent, it's a limited edition run.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Primaris 4-wheeler gently caress yes

Someone please get a shot of the Invader ATV please

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/13/warhammer-40000-preview-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-2/

The Primaris ATV looks rad.

Also kinda hilarious at that shot but still pretty rad.

Although Necron Chungus is pretty great as well.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 13, 2020

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Definitely a case of GW always taking the worst shot possible. It looks much better than it appears here.

e:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Kitchner posted:

Interestingly this isn't the "Dark Imperium" equivalent, it's a limited edition run.

I guess I'm preordering it after all. Shame; I was looking forward to being all sensible and waiting a few months and buying it at retail discount this time.

Also, that ATV looks like they took the combat role of the old attack bike and went "We cannot make a sidecar look cool, let's do something else."

(Ironically you can make an attack bike sidecar look cool... by attaching it to a ForgeWorld Outrider bike. I've seen it done!)

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I suppose all of that being responsible and only buying stuff after I've painted stuff is going out the window if this is limited edition

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ground clearance .... not optimal. Hope the axles can go up and down a bit.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cooked Auto posted:

Although Necron Chungus is pretty great as well.

Im teh bayonet which cannot be deployed while the spinneret vanes are (double :laffo: if those spinneret vanes are rotating).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, that ATV is so loving bad. Hahahahaha.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up the Annihilation Barge from the necrons SC!

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE
That ATV is so stupid and I love everything about it. I'm going to need as many as I'm allowed to fit into a list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I don't know if I'd call it an ATV its more of a primaris go kart