Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I need a bunch of ATVs for my Gulf Oil marines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grundma posted:

I don't know if I'd call it an ATV its more of a primaris go kart

Ultramarines will be OP as their chapter relic is a Blue Shell

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is anybody kind of getting easy build vibes from that ATV?

I love it I can't wait to see a white scars list with a ton of primaris bikes and buggies.

Really reminds me of the original ork war buggy They sold for like 50 years.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So the genius Cawl's great innovation was to put repulsors on things that should have wheels or treads (heavy tanks, APCs) and wheels on things that should have repulsors (scout vehicles)?

I feel like I just want to hug him and go "It's ok, you aren't in competition with Arkhan!" (Which is good because he'll never be even a tenth as good at terrible vehicle design.)

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Eifert Posting posted:

Is anybody kind of getting easy build vibes from that ATV?

Yeah, the "Reinforcement" units do kinda remind me of stuff like the ETB Redemptor and the Mephytic Blight-hauler.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
They said in the article they are push-fit yeah.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That's actually probably a good thing. The ATV should be pretty cheap then and I want like 18 of them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm going to loot one of the marine-karts for my Orks.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I love it I can't wait to see a white scars list with a ton of primaris bikes and buggies.

I know mine will

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

I'm going to loot one of the marine-karts for my Orks.

Please figure out a way for the Ork on the top to be throwing a banana peel

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Those sword and board dudes will make a good Grey Knights.

Does anyone know if there will be hammers in the box? I have designs on a doing some Salamanders and they have to have hammers.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please figure out a way for the Ork on the top to be throwing a banana peel

I feel like I'd have to give it a 40k spin. Maybe a yellow squig or a green/red marine helmet?

notaspy posted:

Those sword and board dudes will make a good Grey Knights.

Does anyone know if there will be hammers in the box? I have designs on a doing some Salamanders and they have to have hammers.

If I had to bet I'd say no. My guess is that they'll be easy-build style models. Or at the very least mono-pose style with zero left over bits.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 13, 2020

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
They're pushfit according to the page, so if there's any options it'll probably only be a couple of head options

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Noticed the Warriors were on 32mm bases, which led me to find out they're with 32mm already have that now. When did that change? All my old stuff is on 25mm

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

I feel like I'd have to give it a 40k spin. Maybe a yellow squig or a green/red marine helmet?

hell yeah, and then have it driving over a purple shoulder pad with a question mark on it

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Noticed the Warriors were on 32mm bases, which led me to find out they're with 32mm already have that now. When did that change? All my old stuff is on 25mm

Almost everything has shatter to 32mm, it’s been like that for a while. Most new boxes have had a ‘new’ packet of bases.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
That servo turret kinda implies more primaris techmarines besides Feirros incoming

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Pretty cool box. My son will go bonkers for the sword and board marines.

Neurons are an army I always liked in concept but it feels like they’re perpetually at the bottom of the heap power wise. I guess their resurrection mechanic is hard to balance.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Cooked Auto posted:

Although Necron Chungus is pretty great as well.

Impressive they managed to make the Destroyer look even goofier.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

That ATV looks like trash lol.

New sword and board marines are sweet tho

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, ground clearance is heresy...

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The new ATV looks like the old Ork truck, but not in a good way.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Gotta be fake: no heavy stubbers?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Somberbrero posted:

Impressive they managed to make the Destroyer look even goofier.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

The new ATV looks like the old Ork truck, but not in a good way.

did you mean the war buggy?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I love the goofy Primaris 4wheeler

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

moths posted:

Is that an MDF obelisk?

It looks like they clipped off a corner gun emplacement mount from the forgeworld realm of battle necron tomb citadel.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I suppose we have no idea on price or release date yet right? Do we even know what that information is getting released?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’m liking GWs new doctrine of giving the xenos cool kits and marines dopey poo poo for idiots

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Someone definitely made a monkey paw wish to remove flying stands, because that fat floaty boy being held by an off-centre-of-mass rock looks precarious as gently caress

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Someone definitely made a monkey paw wish to remove flying stands, because that fat floaty boy being held by an off-centre-of-mass rock looks precarious as gently caress

:actually: I think you'll find he's jumping off it, dramatically?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The contact point looks pretty big and mostly hollow plastic models aren't exactly heavy. It's no Celestine.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm really excited for all the new models. Particularly the fixed emplacement gun and the bikes/quad.

Although, someone pointed out the fixed gun has the ammo belts exposed outside the shield.

Nice mix of serious and unserious marine stuff in this drop.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Time for me to talk for too long about plastic!

Contents of the box:

• Primaris Captain and Necron Overlord (1/4th sprue and 1/8th sprue?). Joined, so... can't be manufactured separately? Likely to be available only together in boxed sets? It's possible the molds are modular and can be used separately or something, I don't know.

• Primaris Lieutenant and Necron Royal Warden (both 1/8th sprues?). Joined again, again I don't know.

• 2x Assault Intercessors (1/2 sprues x2). This sprue has a really interesting layout.

It has five left arms holding chainswords and five right arms holding heavy bolt pistols; plus a belt-stowed chainsword, one right arm pointing and one left arm holding a bolt pistol (designed to be used with the stowed chainsword); and one right arm holding a plasma pistol. It has seven heads, including one unhelmeted head and one helmet with the sergeant forehead skull, and one separate belt piece with a stowed helmet (which looks like it sits on the same empty belt slot as the belt chainsword).

So it looks like one of these bodies can be built either as a guy pointing with a stowed chainsword and a gun in his off-hand, or a sergeant with either a heavy bolt pistol or a plasma pistol and a choice between helmet or no. This body also has the breastplate as a separate piece, with two options -- one with a tilting shield and one without. The rest of the bodies aren't as customieable, but note: While the Dark Imperium monopose and three-pack of Easy to Build Intercessors sometimes had shoulders that were connected to the torso, making them difficult to re-pose, these guys all keep their shoulders connected to their arms and separate from the body/legs unit. This means that you'll be able to adjust the arm poses on all of them and build different bodies with different arm-pairs. Not every pose will automatically look good but armies made of multiples of this sprue won't look like four copy-pasted dudes and one body who can be built differently.

I don't know what the intent is, but these could very easy be sold as their own kit of five Easy-to-Build Assault Intercessors -- it'd be a great thing to sell as something for people to buy one sprue at a time, slowly fleshing out existing squads and adding new ones with some sergeant variety. It also raises the question -- if this is available on its own, will we get a separate multipose Assault Intercessor kit at all? I'd like something with separated shoulder pads for Deathwatch and greater sergeant weapon variety that we can loot to give Intercessor Sergeants power fists and thunder hammers that don't have Imperial Fist or Salamander iconography on 'em (also lightling claws, please GW I build Raven Guard give me Primaris Lightning Claws already), but, like... this is pretty feature-complete. They can just save shelf space at GW stores and put off releasing the multipose version of this kit indefinitely if they want.

• Space Marine Heavies (full sprue). One sprue with the three Bladeguard Veterans, the Bladeguard Ancient, the Judicar, the Chaplain, and the three Eradicators. That's a lot of dudes on one frame! I think I count nine heads, so unless I'm missing one, these guys don't have head options. Also, it is a full sprue and can't be broken into two half-sprues, so this is probably for this boxed set and whatever smaller starter kit they re-use it for once this set sells out. No clever easy-to-build multi-SKU design tricks going on here; Bladeguard and Eradicators will presumably get their own multipose kits.

• Outrider bikes (half-sprue + quarter-sprue). Looks like two of these guys are sculpted with their right hand on the handlebars and their left hand holding a chainsword, while the sergeant is sculpted with the left hand on the handlebars, the right hand holding a raised pistol, and a chainsword stowed on his belt. I see two separate helmets, one unhelmeted sergeant head, and one belt-stowed helmet on the sergeant body that is super-recessed into his waist so clipping it off and giving him a sergeant helmet will be even more of a pain in the rear end than it is for Primarishrike and the Vanguard Captain (boo). This is also a pretty good candidate for selling as a separate bike kit, given the way it's been designed so the half and quarter sprues can be broken apart to fit in a half-sprue box, and considering the traditional paucity of options available on Space Marine bike sprues, I think we're looking at the eventual just regular old Space Marine Outrider kit that'll be in its own box. Maybe they'll throw in an additional quarter-frame with some extra options on it there, I don't know. It'd be nice.

• Giant Mess of Necron Parts (full sprue). Canoptek Reanimator, Skorpekh Lord, Plasmancer, and Cryptothralls on here, which would make this sprue kind of the equivalent of the big Space Marine one with the vets and heavies. Full sprue, can't be split into two half-sprues, likely destined for boxed sets.

• Skorpekh Destroyers and Plasmacyte (half-sprue). Again this is pretty clearly designed to be easily sold separately as its own thing. Easy-to-Build Destroyers, maybe.

• Necron Warriors and Canoptek Scarabs (two pairs of half-sprues). This is straight-up two of the new standard Necron Warriors kit destined to be sold in their own boxes. Per sprue-pair, I count twenty heads (none of which are connected to the sprues by their loving cheekbones, thank you GW), ten gauss reapers and ten gauss flayers, and three sets of scarabs.

Total sprues in the box:

2 Half-sprues of Assault Intercessors (running total 1 full sprue)
1 Full sprue of Space Marine vets and heavies (running total 2 full sprues)
1 Half + 1 Quarter-sprue Outriders (running total 2.75 full sprues)
1 Full sprue Necron Heavies (running total 3.75 full sprues)
1 Half-sprue Destroyers and Plasmacyte (running total 4.25 full sprues)
4 Half-sprues Necron Warriors (running total 6.25 full sprues)
2 Eighth-sprues Primaris Lieutenant + Necron Royal Warden (running total 6.5 full sprues)
1 Quarter + 1 Eighth-sprue Primaris Captain + Necron Overlord final total 6.875 full sprues)

Dark Imperium had two full sprues and six half-sprues, for a total of five full sprues, so there's more plastic in here than in Dark Imperium. But most of the manufacturing cost of this kit will have been the stainless-steel plastic injection molds, which for Dark Imperium's were largely bespoke and could only be re-packaged as Know No Fear or bits of the subscription service, while here GW have gone all-in on making a set of molds they can use a bunch of different ways. It should be pretty apparent how they can take bits of this out and use them to assemble smaller starter kits or sell them alone as easy-to-build or full kits, and eventually put the big sprues into Start Collecting boxes once tenth edition rolls around. The stand-out is those Assault Intercessors, which are loving nuts, although I really realy hope they also get a multipose kit.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 13, 2020

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

I, for one, welcome our new ba'donka-donk destroyers

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

The way the new techmarine has his eye wired into the turret is pretty gross. In a good way.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DiHK posted:

I, for one, welcome our new ba'donka-donk destroyers

Badonktec