Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Kappas kummaa, miten tässä kävikään näin että nyt kun tuo Teuvan pahoinpitely tuli julkisuuteen niin poliisi ilmoitti että selvitellään oliko rasistista motiivia ja ennen kuin tästä uutisoitiin poliisi oli vielä vakaasti sitä mieltä ettei tässä mitään rasistista motiivia ole tullut vastaan :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I would say that a destroyed car with "Mamu" spray-painted on it is a pretty good sign of an racist motivation but then again I am not a professional detective

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
:cop:: There is no apparent racist motive in this attack!

:confused:: But there's "MAMU" spray-painted on the vehicle?!?

:cop:: Oh, no. We painted that afterwards!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

:cop:: There is no apparent racist motive in this attack!

:confused:: But there's "MAMU" spray-painted on the vehicle?!?

:cop:: Oh, no. We painted that afterwards!

The victim painted that on the car themselves before leaving home, duh.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

quote:

”Hyvin todennäköisesti myös suomalaista metallia käytettiin orjien ketjujen valmistamiseen”, Aaltonen sanoo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Well I guess Finnish metal is the kind of material to make chains for slaves. :v:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

”Hyvin todennäköisesti myös suomalaista metallia käytettiin orjien ketjujen valmistamiseen”, Aaltonen sanoo.

Kyllä nyt hävettää. Miten tämä hirvittävä epäkohta korjattais? Pitäis pyytää jenkeiltä ne metallit takaisin.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

SnowblindFatal posted:

Every country needs to have their grand building project like a Civ wonder. Germans have their airport, we have our Olkiluoto, Spain's got whatever they have in Barcelona

Iisakinkirkko.

not a bot posted:

Kappas kummaa, miten tässä kävikään näin että nyt kun tuo Teuvan pahoinpitely tuli julkisuuteen niin poliisi ilmoitti että selvitellään oliko rasistista motiivia ja ennen kuin tästä uutisoitiin poliisi oli vielä vakaasti sitä mieltä ettei tässä mitään rasistista motiivia ole tullut vastaan :thunk:

Se on kyllä kummaa miten aina sattuu näin käymään. Vielä viime syksynä Kotus oli sitä mieltä että ”Neekerisaari” pitää pitää saaren virallisena nimenä kun puhelinhaastatteluissakin paikalliset tuolla nimellä paikan tuntevat, mutta nyt tällä viikolla kun Maanmittauslaitos sattui asiasta virallisesti kysymään, Kotus onkin sitä mieltä että tätä nimenmuutosta voi pitää poikkeustapauksena, koska saaren nimi on ”ehdottoman” rasistinen.

Ehkäpä jonain päivänä Kotus puoltaisi naisia halventavien paikannimienkin muuttamista, vaikka paikkakunnalla olisikin pitkät perinteet naisten halventamisesta. :shrug:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Jos lähetään muuttamaan mauttomia paikannimiä tässä maassa niin siinä on kyl loputon projekti

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

bloom posted:

Jos lähetään muuttamaan mauttomia paikannimiä tässä maassa niin siinä on kyl loputon projekti

Liki jokainen Kypärä-alkuinen paikka on saanut nimensä, kun kartantekijät ovat kyselleet alkuperäisväestöltä eri mäkien ja järvien nimiä ja sitten häveliäisyyttään vaihtaneet kirjainten paikkoja ja lisänneet yhden ä:n ettei menisi ihan törkyilyksi. Itse vaadin, että nämä pitäisi korjata alkuperäiseen asuunsa ihan historiallisen akkuraattiuden nimissä.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kotus, more like Koitus amirite :quagmire:

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

barbecue at the folks posted:

Liki jokainen Kypärä-alkuinen paikka on saanut nimensä, kun kartantekijät ovat kyselleet alkuperäisväestöltä eri mäkien ja järvien nimiä ja sitten häveliäisyyttään vaihtaneet kirjainten paikkoja ja lisänneet yhden ä:n ettei menisi ihan törkyilyksi. Itse vaadin, että nämä pitäisi korjata alkuperäiseen asuunsa ihan historiallisen akkuraattiuden nimissä.

Jyväskylän Kyrpämäki kuulostaa tosiaan paremmalta.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

barbecue at the folks posted:

No nyt ymmärrän Kokoomuksen kutsumisen kypäräpapeiksi

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Center Party are doing some changes.

Like changing their logo.

https://twitter.com/keskusta/status/1271705440125140998

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Vesi fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 13, 2020

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://twitter.com/kokoomus/status/1271073814181445634

:thunk:

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

not a bot posted:

Well to be honest Finnish backwater villages have long tradition of beating up anyone who is in any way different even before there was any immigration. If they weren't called homo, then it you'd simply get your rear end kicked because you were from another village. That said, I really hope whole bunch gets sentenced with bit more extra for hate crimes because that "boys are just boys" poo poo should not be tolerated.

It's fairly big reason why anyone with any kind of higher education will get the gently caress out as soon as they're able to.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
In my backwater village we all got together to beat up on the kids on the other side of the main bridge on a weekly basis

We hated them because they lived on the other side of a bridge

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Center Party are doing some changes.

Like changing their logo.

https://twitter.com/keskusta/status/1271705440125140998

Nyt nopean tilaajan etuna: kun ostat puhekoulutuksia yli 50 tonnilla, saat MS Paint - oppitunnin kaupan päälle!

Toi muuten hieman vaatii tuunausta että tavoittaa kesKustan perusviestin. 'Pisarat' tulisi olla kullankeltaisia ja ikäänkuin sataa alas kansaa rikastuttamaan...

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Just because you got caught trying to suhmuroida 50 thousand to your friends in a media consulting company doesn't mean that you can't try the same thing again immediately with another media consulting company

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DarkCrawler posted:

In my backwater village we all got together to beat up on the kids on the other side of the main bridge on a weekly basis

You're from an area with bridges instead of just walking through the water?

Boy you'd be in trouble back where I used to live.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

no one came to gently caress with us because koko kylä smelled like poo poo because of paperitehtaat

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

HerraS posted:

no one came to gently caress with us because koko kylä smelled like poo poo because of paperitehtaat

Same except minkkitarhat

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Same except it was me.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

As valid as any other reason to beat people up imo

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

endlessmonotony posted:

You're from an area with bridges instead of just walking through the water?

Boy you'd be in trouble back where I used to live.

The "bridge" where I lived was several kilometres long, and it combined sections of bridge (parts of which could be raised) and causeways and the lake was something like 60 metres deep at places.

There were large-scale sraps between youths from different parts of the town ("Came to the wrong side of the bridge, motherfucker!"), but the cops started cracking down on these once some geniuses started using chains and pipes instead of just beating people up with their fists and lengths of two by four like God intended and tradition dictated.

I didn't participate though.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Warden posted:

The "bridge" where I lived was several kilometres long, and it combined sections of bridge (parts of which could be raised) and causeways and the lake was something like 60 metres deep at places.

There were large-scale sraps between youths from different parts of the town ("Came to the wrong side of the bridge, motherfucker!"), but the cops started cracking down on these once some geniuses started using chains and pipes instead of just beating people up with their fists and lengths of two by four like God intended and tradition dictated.

I didn't participate though.

Then you swim, city boy.

Bridges in Finland what in the world. You take heavy stuff across when poo poo's frozen and swim the rest of the time. No wonder y'all got beaten up, wusses.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

endlessmonotony posted:

Then you swim, city boy.

Bridges in Finland what in the world. You take heavy stuff across when poo poo's frozen and swim the rest of the time. No wonder y'all got beaten up, wusses.

That's the thing, I didn't get beaten up. Some kids certainly tried though.

I did experience stoning, when I was 13 or 14 or so. Like, a crowd of other kids picked up stones from the ground and threw them at me while yelling insults. Boy, did that day suck.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

When I was a kid we had only snow balls to throw. We would have thrown rocks but those were frozen to the ground. Getting pelted with rocks is no fun but you got to adjust with the climate change.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
My main rock throwing memory is that some kids were picking on me and throwing unripe apples at me (also a kid), and it hurt, so I threw a stone in one of their faces in return. It was not well received by anyone around at that time, but worked in that the apple throwing stopped.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Nurge posted:

Tulin tänään junasta ja näin tagin ACAB everywhere jonkun mainostaulun takana, eikä oo ikinä hävettäny enemmän junnujen vuoks. Vittu mikä nauru että joku oikeesti kuvittelee että niiden oikeuksia poljetaan suomen poliisin toimesta.

https://twitter.com/jenny_kasongo/status/1271375165008621571

Literally a name-swap of case George Floyd. Kuis tuota ei laskettaisi oikeuksien polkemiseksi?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
e: hetko

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Kaikki Pollarit On Perseesta maasta riippumatta kansan huonoimmat ajautuu sinne, mita vahemman valtuuksia niille annetaan sen parempi ja siina suomi sentaan tekee paremmin kuin muut

vaikka pollari vaikuttaisi hyvalta (tuo maahan hasatynnyreita) se on silti perseesta (vasikoi tyotovereitaan)

Vesi fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 14, 2020

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nuorkauppakamari myöntämässä vuoden poliisi -palkintoja, hyvä esimerkki siitä miten poliisikorruptio Suomessa yleensä toimii, vrt. poliisipäällystö->persu/kokoomusvaikuttaja -putki

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

On täällä asiat aika hyvin kun verrataan molempiin äärilaitohiin, eli sekä jenkkien murhapoliiseihin että ruotsin hyödyttömään dialogipoliisiin, joka vaan katselee tilanteita kaukaa eikä uskalla tehdä mitään.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Aren't the Swedish per capita crime levels typically lower than the Finnish ones pretty much across the board, with the exception of rape which may be attributable to better reporting and a wider definition? Seems like the Swedish cops are more fit for the purpose.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Herman Merman posted:

Aren't the Swedish per capita crime levels typically lower than the Finnish ones pretty much across the board, with the exception of rape which may be attributable to better reporting and a wider definition? Seems like the Swedish cops are more fit for the purpose.

At least gang-related crime is on a whole different level there compared to us.

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli...istunut/7616294
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10547472
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11155781

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The existence of those gangs and bad neighborhoods is not really the cops fault, that's a broader societal problem. But sure, it does look like the Swedish cops have failed to deal with it too.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Name a country where police empowerment has actually healed "bad neighborhoods" and eliminated gangs rather than the cops and crime perversely feeding off of each other. Cops destabilize neighborhood further by locking peoples fathers into gangster college for a while and make protection deals with their favorite gangs, crime gets bigger and more organized in the long term, police budgets have to be increased to keep up, and on and on.

uncop fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's like when you stick all your poorest populations in few single areas some problems might arise

who could have foreseen this, all you had to miss was the entire recorded history of humanity