Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Has anything worthwhile been announced today for people who didn't already play P4G?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Last of Us Part Two is almost certainly not going to be as good as Hotline Miami though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

Has anything worthwhile been announced today for people who didn't already play P4G?
its impossible to keep up with what has and hasnt already been announced, but some of them indies looked pretty cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

going to play this

gameplay seems potentially neat, something about the art/animation reminds me of those facebook ads for mobile games though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Genius 2 is probably my most anticipated from that show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZ7EutB6CE

Edit: lol what there's another games show in 10 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wo_EYfqAY

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: lol what there's another games show in 10 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wo_EYfqAY

Yeah it sounds like this is the actual reveals show
https://www.gamesradar.com/future-games-show/

"The Future Games Show, meanwhile, is a new showcase of the best console, streaming and mobile games from GamesRadar+. Hosted by Nolan North and Emily Rose, the stars of the Uncharted series, you'll see over 40 games, including seven world premieres and some surprises from developers including Square Enix, Modus Games, Team 17, Curve Digital and more. As the name suggests, the Future Games show will feature a special spotlight on the future of gaming - with insight from key development figures in areas such as visuals, audio, machine learning and storytelling - to create a clearer picture of what we can expect from PS5 and Xbox Series X going forwards"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm tired of video chats

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

really hammers home the dystopia

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

its impossible to keep up with what has and hasnt already been announced, but some of them indies looked pretty cool

Yeah I am wondering is there a list or anything of new announcements? I know they had one when E3 was alive but I'm wondering if anyone took up the mantle for COVID-193

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dustborn: A game about a commune in the Pacific Northwest, eh

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

literally a hog posted:

Yeah it sounds like this is the actual reveals show
https://www.gamesradar.com/future-games-show/

"The Future Games Show, meanwhile, is a new showcase of the best console, streaming and mobile games from GamesRadar+. Hosted by Nolan North and Emily Rose, the stars of the Uncharted series, you'll see over 40 games, including seven world premieres and some surprises from developers including Square Enix, Modus Games, Team 17, Curve Digital and more. As the name suggests, the Future Games show will feature a special spotlight on the future of gaming - with insight from key development figures in areas such as visuals, audio, machine learning and storytelling - to create a clearer picture of what we can expect from PS5 and Xbox Series X going forwards"

From the games so far, doesn't seem like the "actual reveals show"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

frogwares

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Sort of curious if they'll manage to course-correct after they poo poo the bed so badly with the last sherlock holmes game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't download Celeste off the itch.io bundle because I think that style of platformer sucks incredibly hard

I downloaded other lovely garbage instead

I played a bit of End is Nigh, which is a platformer that requires super precise jumping to thread a very narrow path through the level. That sucked, that kind of platformer is terrible. Is that what Celeste is?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

when anyone outside of japan says "bullet hell" it always turns out to be what they imagine that to mean rather than having actually played one themselves

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gripweed posted:

I played a bit of End is Nigh, which is a platformer that requires super precise jumping to thread a very narrow path through the level. That sucked, that kind of platformer is terrible. Is that what Celeste is?

End is Nigh is good actually.

Celeste requires a lot of precision, yes. If you don't like that sort of thing you'll find it incredibly frustrating (although there are enough accessibility options to make it doable).

homeless snail posted:

when anyone outside of japan says "bullet hell" it always turns out to be what they imagine that to mean rather than having actually played one themselves

It's become a colloquial term for anything where you have to be constantly aware of your position and stay out of danger zones I guess. :shrug:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

End is nigh is good

Celeste is more loosy-goosy than ein but it still expects you to be able to do quick, tight maneuvers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

spending all day one week ago rendering the new trailer for the game where you can play as a cop and uploading it to the game show guys, now time to drink this coffee and read what's happening in the news

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

It's become a colloquial term for anything where you have to be constantly aware of your position and stay out of danger zones I guess. :shrug:
that's pretty much every shooter though, that game at best just looked like raiden, even had a health bar. barely even bullet heck imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bullet purgatory

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I tried to go to bullet hell but snail kept me out at the gate

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you have to cross the bullet river first

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ah, no wonder it said insert coin

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

a game is only a bullet heck if when running on non-pc hardware it has noticeable slowdown during boss patterns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Synthwave FPS"

All these games are blending together for real, I wonder if my sense of space and time has been permanently damaged this year

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 13, 2020

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Alex Kidd in Coma World

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh star trek bomber crew, now thats some sick poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

actually this is just ftl

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Blending together...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

hm if i was a game dev id just make it ftw instead personally

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stux posted:

hm if i was a game dev id just make it ftw instead personally

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now thats gaming

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

And to read more about those games, make sure to head to Games Radar dot com (and turn off your adblocker, we're very obnoxious about that)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

appdata sucks rear end too, put your saves in documents!!!

what's the deal, why cant a games files just stay with the game files folder? it is v annoying to have to hunt down wherever weird rear end place a game hide save files if you ever need to back them up or edit them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

what's the deal, why cant a games files just stay with the game files folder? it is v annoying to have to hunt down wherever weird rear end place a game hide save files if you ever need to back them up or edit them
its bad practice to put executables in user writable directories, doesn't stop steam from doing that lmao but its bad form

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also lmao does this game have a freakin blockchain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mythical Games gets another bag of money for Blankos Block Party
Posted on November 30, 2019 by Nederob
Blockchain-oriented games developer Mythical Games has received another big bag of money to work on their upcoming user-generated content party game Blankos Block Party. The studio now has a total of 35 million dollars in funding. This month they raised $19 million, after getting $16 million in 2018. However, their upcoming blockchain-powered game Blankos Block Party is still quite a big mystery.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Sort of curious if they'll manage to course-correct after they poo poo the bed so badly with the last sherlock holmes game

What's wrong with it, I liked Crimes and Punishments and was planning on playing the sequel soon (I got it on sale a year ago but never got around to it)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this show is slowly turning into an episode of xavier renegade angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're really scraping the barrel with some of these Future of Gaming reveals. I think this is even less interesting than the PC show.