Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Omnicarus posted:

Not to mention you only get so many heart beats and if you use them up by making your heart go fast you die sooner. Look at the guy who invented jogging, he was an extremely fit guy but one day his heart just booped out, he ran out of beats and that was that. Its why people who sleep a lot live so long, your heart rate crashes when you sleep to 1, maybe 2 beats a minute and so for those eight hours you maybe do the same number of beats you normally do in half a minute.
found the president's account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

turning half of your lungs into potato hash is just incentive for the other half to work harder

in hindsight i wonder how long before we start seeing “you only use 10% of your lung capacity so having a bunch of it shredded is no big deal” as a talking point

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

stop eating takeout every day lmbo

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

I had it and I'm fine. not really what you want to hear I guess and there's still a couple decades for me to randomly collapse into a puddle of lung fluid like a failed animorph

tyhasnk u for your service

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ok, so what do you guys do exercise wise? Are you all on Freethletics and following vegan channels on YouTube while working in your home offices? I can't do ANY of that.

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Brain fog is when you read something five times and still can't remember what it says.

Brain fog is when you are using an ATM and getting stumped by the "do you want to pay the fee to proceed" question until you cry.

Brain fog is when you need to follow an easy step by step document but you forget the document exists and wing it.

Sometimes you feel set back in your eyes like Malcovich Malcovich Malcovich

Have fun everybody! :confuoot:

Edit: brain fog!

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

mastershakeman posted:

I got in a huge argument with my wife today because she hates not being able to see my face under a mask when we were at a nature center. It has a few loops and she said because we're hundreds of feet away from people most of the time no need for a mask because it's over 6 feet as experts say and outdoors isn't a big spread

I said because we passed other groups a dozen times with less than a foot apart you need the mask on at all times

I got accused of being anti science akin to young earth creationists and I'm still angry

she's right tbh

galaxy brain:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

do some push-ups or something

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

AceOfFlames posted:

Ok, so what do you guys do exercise wise? Are you all on Freethletics and following vegan channels on YouTube while working in your home offices? I can't do ANY of that.

Just run you idiot

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its totally possible we could all have sex after this whole thing is over, please dont give up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if you exercise you die faster

e: ah gently caress

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shirunei posted:

Ended up saying F it and went to the gym tonight. I work in a call center with 800 people less than 1% of whom wear masks. Might as well kill some stress because I'm screwed either way. What kills me is we had the entirety of the site working from home until the head manager got pissy about attendance and yanked everyone back. This loving country man.

wtf working from home with a soft phone is literally the ideal situation for an otherwise draining, lovely job. it's not like you're monitored any less at home. your manager can already see precisely what phone state you're in at all times, listen to every call, and also probably watch a screen recording.

so gently caress it. if the internal reporting built around your telephony system is lovely, they won't be able to tell if you flip into a not ready or after call work state for a split second, sending you to the back of the call queue.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

AceOfFlames posted:

lol have you tried the 'push ups"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

BONGHITZ posted:

its totally possible we could all have sex after this whole thing is over, please dont give up

:cumpolice:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

AceOfFlames posted:

I only started going to the gym for the first time in my life in January this year. Now I'm supposed to do all this on my own without form check. And no I cannot watch a video because apparently I am so unused to moving my body properly that a big part of my PT's time is showing me "this is what keeping your back straight is"

work on bodyweight exercise, it's harder to gently caress yourself up vs. throwing around weights. you can still hurt yourself but it takes more work vs. overloading a squat bar and blowing out your knees

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

snoo posted:

stop eating takeout every day lmbo

Every single recipe either takes too long, has too many or too weird ingredients. Even stirfries leave me hungry. When I can cook, I eat spaghetti Bolognese for 4 meals straight. And yet every single therapist I had said this wasn't a big deal!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

AceOfFlames posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I can manage to do it in an 80 m^2 apartment I share with my spouse and 2 cats and we both have offices set up. I'm sure you can manage it too!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

spaceblancmange posted:

lol have you tried the 'push ups"

I can only do 5 in a row.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AceOfFlames posted:

Every single recipe either takes too long, has too many or too weird ingredients. Even stirfries leave me hungry. When I can cook, I eat spaghetti Bolognese for 4 meals straight. And yet every single therapist I had said this wasn't a big deal!

Do you have a husband who is allergic to vegetables too?

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

fosborb posted:

wtf working from home with a soft phone is literally the ideal situation for an otherwise draining, lovely job. it's not like you're monitored any less at home. your manager can already see precisely what phone state you're in at all times, listen to every call, and also probably watch a screen recording.

so gently caress it. if the internal reporting built around your telephony system is lovely, they won't be able to tell if you flip into a not ready or after call work state for a split second, sending you to the back of the call queue.

Yeah the system is super lovely and I know several ways to juke it and take basically no calls during a shift but that makes it grind by tbh. I already got COVID which was confirmed by a test ya'll I'm not a sociopath. Unless it can spread from previously infected people in which case...gently caress

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

AceOfFlames posted:

real talk, figure out your goals and work from there. no single exercise or diet routine works for everyone. if you want to lose weight, you're going to need to do more work in the kitchen and less in the gym than you think. but really you need to understand your psychology--are you stress eating and using food to cope? no diet or exercise is going to fix that. for me, intermittent fasting, low carb, bodyweight exercise were a huge help in changing my lifestyle.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

chuds are extremely sick in the brain

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

snoo posted:

i have heard this is a common reason for people who hate when others wear masks, 'i just want to see their face!!!' bitch i am trying to shop for groceries without dying

for real, i'm sorry

looking forward to the future pandemic hellworld where seeing other people’s mouth holes is taboo on the level of genitals and boobs and this argument sounds exactly like “take off your pants, it’s fine, we’re 6 feet away from other people, you can put them back on if anyone gets close, i just want to see your dick”

children in 100 years with hoarded copies of national geographic where there’s pictures of people from new zealand with exposed lips

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

also the non chuds are extremely sick in the brain too lol :sad:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

that's weird

I don't like cooking but even I have no issue doing the budgetbytes lentil chili recipe, and it's pretty good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

sir turn on ur monitor :smugdon:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is my neighborhood:

https://twitter.com/RoadProgramming/status/1271819375264268288

i'm hosed lmao hope it's fake

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

lmao we are so hosed

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

fosborb posted:

i feel like this ties into that “boomer social contract” thing again, “I didn’t spend decades grinding my way up the food chain and being yelled at to turn around and not be able to yell at peons in person, openerup”

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kid Rock's Big rear end Honky Tonk & Rock 'n' Roll Steakhouse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

she's right tbh

galaxy brain:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rah! posted:

anyone who exists in and manages to seem somewhat sane in tyool 2020 has some form of normalized brain sickness that we just end up calling “healthy” because it’s functional enough to generate value for capitalists, which is why when people snap it’s always “out of nowhere”

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

shirunei posted:

Yeah the system is super lovely and I know several ways to juke it and take basically no calls during a shift but that makes it grind by tbh. I already got COVID which was confirmed by a test ya'll I'm not a sociopath. Unless it can spread from previously infected people in which case...gently caress

I think it depends on how long ago you had it

which brings me to another good benchmark for going out - I get a test saying I already had it, wait a couple of months, and resume never going out anyway, but knowing I COULD

so before going out, these would be nice :
3 weeks no new cases nearby
good treatment available
Disneyland opens with no social distancing/masks required
Turns out you already had it and didn’t notice! congrats you, get back to work ya dummy!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Also wondering how dentists are supposed to work because I'm getting fierce TMJ headaches.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

actual reliable testing and antibody testing need to exist, and I wish I could know if I had it already :sigh: like just make it like a pregnancy test and mail it out, come on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
American individualism will kill everyone in the USA with covid by 2024 lol

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i'd love to get tested but i also don't have money and i currently live in the evilest loving nation in the world that feels its good to bankrupt people when they need to go to the ER so

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I think pretty much every testing site in my state is a drive-thru one, which isn't helpful if you don't have a car

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

snoo posted:

I think pretty much every testing site in my state is a drive-thru one, which isn't helpful if you don't have a car

Use Lyft code COV19 to get 20% off your ride to a testing facility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I got in a huge argument with my wife today because she hates not being able to see my face under a mask when we were at a nature center. It has a few loops and she said because we're hundreds of feet away from people most of the time no need for a mask because it's over 6 feet as experts say and outdoors isn't a big spread

I said because we passed other groups a dozen times with less than a foot apart you need the mask on at all times

I got accused of being anti science akin to young earth creationists and I'm still angry

my wife didn't care who i was till i put on the mask