Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Occupy that poo poo. Possession baby, use it or lose it. No second homes, no rentals, no deeds. Put some high risk for the virus homeless folks in those suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

my wife didn't care who i was till i put on the mask

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

AceOfFlames posted:

The choices are either I exercise and risk getting Covid or don't exercise, get fatter and potentially die of COVID harder.

And again, I don't live in the US. I don't know if the Netherlands is being crazy because I have no WAY of knowing. I look outside and everyone is smiling, my coworkers are all so productive, everyone is on loving holiday and I am the guy who needs to "be more positive". I am losing my loving mind.

Go for a loving walk

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

all god's children sing for...

TOP 5 NEW CASES USA: FREAKIN' WEEKEND EDITION

1. California +3,135
2. Florida +2,625 *NEW RECORD*
3. Texas +2,262
4. Arizona +1,540
5. North Carolina +1,428

how much longer until the top 5 are all 2000 cases or more? a week?

probably Tuesday after the weekend backlog

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AceOfFlames posted:

The choices are either I exercise and risk getting Covid or don't exercise, get fatter and potentially die of COVID harder.

And again, I don't live in the US. I don't know if the Netherlands is being crazy because I have no WAY of knowing. I look outside and everyone is smiling, my coworkers are all so productive, everyone is on loving holiday and I am the guy who needs to "be more positive". I am losing my loving mind.

Netherlands has one fewer death per million people than USA. Belgium is world leader

Euros just don't care

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/nataliexdean/status/1271973142462939136

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
take a loving walk, god, it's a pretty bog standard virus and not a goon-seeking hunter-killer. literally tens of thousands of people are out there protesting and the number of covid infections is like, what, barely double digits from it?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I was thinking today what my criteria was for "it's ok to go to a bar" and "it's ok to not wear a mask in the grocery store" etc etc and I couldn't come up with a good metric. The best I could do is < 5% state positive test rate, 14 day running average state decline, state Rt < 1. That doesn't seem good enough but idk what's better.

What's y'alls?

A vaccine or absolutely no new cases anywhere near me for weeks, at a minimum?

Not trying to pick on you specifically or anything but if you're going to just make up requirements then maybe admit to yourself that you really want to go out and just do it, because nothing in your post is "safe." If you've still got some amount of spread in your area and you're open wide for business, then it's going to spread again. You have some not-totally-minuscule chance of catching this as long as you've still got a positive test rate.

Remember that actual infection rates are definitely super, super low. Like definitely single digits. The high positive test rates we were seeing were an artifact of testing only people who very clearly showed the right symptoms. An actual infection rate of like 3-4% would be loving devastating and would probably mean that you're already halfway up the ramp to that sweet exponential curve highway.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uncurable mlady posted:

take a loving walk, god, it's a pretty bog standard virus and not a goon-seeking hunter-killer. literally tens of thousands of people are out there protesting and the number of covid infections is like, what, barely double digits from it?

the virus takes two weeks to incubate, lmao. let's not lie to ourselves about what's about to happen

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

this is my neighborhood:

https://twitter.com/RoadProgramming/status/1271819375264268288

i'm hosed lmao hope it's fake

https://twitter.com/caitrun/status/1271940877909463045?s=20
white people are out in Chicago drinking margs with no masks like its no big deal

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

uncurable mlady posted:

The protests may turn out to be super spreader events. They have all the important ingredients beside being indoors. It will take another week before we start seeing impact from them.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

:thunk:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

the virus takes two weeks to incubate, lmao. let's not lie to ourselves about what's about to happen

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

uncurable mlady posted:

it basically kills the obese and otherwise invalid p easily so it's actually a very goon targeted virus

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Taintrunner posted:

the protests are going to be mass experiment in the effectiveness of masks. I went to a few and I'd say 90 percent or more of the protesters were wearing masks

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
it takes way more than two weeks to go from Event --> Covid Data Response

more like four to six weeks. we're just now seeing the memorial day reopening wave trend upwards

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

this thread made me do exercise in my room

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've been inspired to set up a lil area to do some resistance band stuff, squats, and minor weight lifting, thanks ace

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
code:
State (New-Cases/1M Pop)(% New Cases-Capita/New-Tests-Capita)  (% Change in Active Cases)  (%Change in New-Cases)
Alabama…	182	13%	8.6%	3%
South Caro	152	12%	9.1%	8%
Arizona…..	212	11%	4.7%	-7%
Utah……...	126	10%	7.1%	24%
North Caro	136	9%	7.9%	-23%
Arkansas…	182	8%	13.5%	-25%
Iowa……….	116	8%	4.2%	-1%
Florida….	122	8%	4.6%	38%
Indiana…..	59	7%	4.5%	0%
Nebraska..	62	7%	1.8%	-75%
Tennessee	61	7%	4.4%	-47%
Maryland…	114	7%	1.3%	66%
Georgia…..	96	6%	1.9%	26%
Virginia…..	77	6%	1.5%	17%
South Dakota	103	6%	9.8%	18%
Pennsylvania	32	6%	2.0%	-37%
Louisiana..	277	5%	13.7%	146%
District Of Col	78	5%	0.7%	-15%
USA Total	77	5%	2.2%	-7%
California	79	5%	3.0%	-14%
sorted by % of new cases over new tests per capita which also fairly closely follows new cases per capita

south still #1 in rates of new covid cases and dying

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Jun 14, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

code:
State	(New-Cases/1M Pop)	(% New Cases-Capita/New-Tests-Capita)  (% Change in Active Cases)  (%Change in New-Cases)
Alabama…	182	13%	8.6%	3%
South Caro	152	12%	9.1%	8%
Arizona…..	212	11%	4.7%	-7%
Utah……...	126	10%	7.1%	24%
North Caro	136	9%	7.9%	-23%
Arkansas…	182	8%	13.5%	-25%
Iowa……….	116	8%	4.2%	-1%
Florida….	122	8%	4.6%	38%
Indiana…..	59	7%	4.5%	0%
Nebraska..	62	7%	1.8%	-75%
Tennessee	61	7%	4.4%	-47%
Maryland…	114	7%	1.3%	66%
Georgia…..	96	6%	1.9%	26%
Virginia…..	77	6%	1.5%	17%
South Dakota	103	6%	9.8%	18%
Pennsylvania	32	6%	2.0%	-37%
Louisiana..	277	5%	13.7%	146%
District Of Col	78	5%	0.7%	-15%
USA Total	77	5%	2.2%	-7%
California	79	5%	3.0%	-14%
south still #1 in rates of new covid cases and dying

putting the hospital in southern hospitality :vince:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
FYI this no-equipment bodyweight strength workout feels exactly like you've just been to a gym, and it can easily be done in a prison cell. Highly recommended. It's two workouts, A and B, that you alternate on different days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1E5CfRfos

I've been doing it all month intermittently. Once you memorize the little triples of exercises in the schedule, you can do it real fast without thinking or while watching TV, and then you're swole.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Malcolm XML posted:

it basically kills the obese and otherwise invalid p easily so it's actually a very goon targeted virus

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Rah! posted:

putting the hospital in southern hospitality

lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

KiteAuraan posted:

Occupy that poo poo. Possession baby, use it or lose it. No second homes, no rentals, no deeds. Put some high risk for the virus homeless folks in those suckers.

remember AXCHOP
Adverse
eXclusive
Continuous
Hostile
Open and notorious
Possession

adverse possession is back baby. Its good again. Awooo (wolf howl)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rah! posted:

lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my workout has been drinking a shitton of whiskey and beer, and let me tell you, it absolutely whips the llama’s rear end

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

KiteAuraan posted:

Also end foreign ownership of property completely. My home town (Vancouver) is already completely hosed by this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
wait are some of you dudes not going outside at all?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

lmao new thread name change winner?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Taintrunner posted:

my workout has been drinking a shitton of whiskey and beer, and let me tell you, it absolutely whips the llama’s rear end

g&t (with quinine) to ensure im immune to the fake plague from china

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

like once or twice a week for supplies, I’m doing my part

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Bip Roberts posted:

some of us were born into the quarantine, molded by it

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I bought a rowing machine and installed a pull-up bar. It's literally better than going to the gym.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The protests may turn out to be super spreader events. They have all the important ingredients beside being indoors. It will take another week before we start seeing impact from them.

the combined light of King and Lenin actually shields them from COVID, tmyk

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

uncurable mlady posted:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Bip Roberts posted:

Do you remember Wuhan? How people were welded into their apartment complexes so they physically could not come out, and had the military bring them groceries?

That's the behavior that beats the virus. Lockdown. Actual, honest to god lockdown.

All those piles of bodies from the Wuhan footage? That's what's coming here, but worse, because the crowds outside are completely unafraid and unaware.

We are in a country that is 10000 times riskier to be in than Wuhan at its peak, because no one outside is wearing masks or quarantining or checking temperatures. Act accordingly. Lock the gently caress down.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

My wife is pregnant so we're not risking any outside contact. We have a yard though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I go to the store every 2-4 weeks and go on my balcony to garden, sometimes my parents drop off some supplies since we don't have a car and we all wear masks and do it outside far apart

but no, not really

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I bought a rowing machine and installed a pull-up bar. It's literally better than going to the gym.

Yeah rowing is really hard, used to go to the studio a flew blocks away from my apartment and the teacher let me borrow a machine over the last few months after the studio got shutdown.

What fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIhr6KCS2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

I have a porch but I'm not going for strolls because I live near a bunch of dumbass Floridians.

Delivery groceries solves the rest.