Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Aliasv is a good streamer but really oughtn't be play by play commentary.

She just has no chemistry with Huey. The dead air between them and the million technical problems have made this an embarrassing watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

It wouldn't be Arena without someone salty roping out the time.

Edit: it could just be a regular disconnect, apparently those are happening a bunch. This PT is a mockery of pro level mtg, whatever that still means.

Also apparently Kevin Jones is a woman beater and attempted rapist?

Willeh fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 13, 2020

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I finished putting together all the cards for my Dogs and Cats deck, made some difficult cuts, and then realized I didn't even have any of the cards from Core 21 yet. This is going to be ruff. :petdog:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The meta is going to change big time come rotation, since every big deck is losing most of their key parts. Simic ramp loses grazer, Nissa, spiral and krasis, sac loses mayhem devil, priest and enforcer, and everyone loses access to all three mana druids(paradise, incubation and leafkin) plus rec and teferi rotate. The only current deck that will still be around is sultai iluna mutate, and even that loses paradise druid as a mutate target. Shits gonna be wild come September.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008

Silhouette posted:

and everyone loses access to all three mana druids(paradise, incubation and leafkin)

All of that sounds to me like we're likely to get a new 2-drop mana dork in the next couple of sets. That, or maybe the leak about Birds of Paradise being dropped from Core 21 and moved to another set is true. Either result would be good, I think.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

LifeLynx posted:

I finished putting together all the cards for my Dogs and Cats deck, made some difficult cuts, and then realized I didn't even have any of the cards from Core 21 yet. This is going to be ruff. :petdog:

What's the current list?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Scooze hurts Uro a bit by munching on him, and Sporeweb Weaver stops most of the ways temur rec has of dealing a guy besides substantially sized sharks.

But Azusa is a motherfucker so maybe we just need rec and hydroid krasis to leave.

why would the spider stop uro? they can just attack through it

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

LifeLynx posted:

The cats should be an easy cut. :smugdog:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

A big flaming stink posted:

why would the spider stop uro? they can just attack through it

The Scooze eats uro.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

What's the current list?

I'm actually revamping it so it's a semi-functional tokens deck. The rule is that every non-land card in the deck has to feature a dog and/or cat in the art or the card's name or flavor text has to be a reference/pun to canines or felines. The exception is mana rocks.

Notable cards:
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Dogpile - Seems okay if I'm swinging with a bunch of cats and dogs!
Fleetfoot Panther - Good for Rin and Seri triggers.
Hellrider - Pretty sure that's a devil dog
Irregular Cohort
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Keeper of Fables
Leonin Sun Standard
Penumbra Bobcat
Pledge of Unity
Pride Sovereign
Regal Caracal
Scale Up
Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
Temur Sabertooth - More Rin and Seri triggers
Waiting in the Weeds - I love the art, but I need to make sure I have enough Forests. With duals it shouldn't be too bad.
White Sun's Zenith
Wrath of Dog - I altered this one.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kurieg posted:

The Scooze eats uro.

obviously the scooze works, im just perplexed as to how the spider is relevant here?

oh, do you mean it stops sharks smaller than 4/4 from pressuring planeswalkers?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Not being able to completely pass priority despite that being a feature on MTGO for over a decade is beyond frustrating.

Left shift + enter. You're welcome.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Now tell me the hotkey to stop forgetting not to queue against Sparky

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

sit on my Facebook posted:

alt f4

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Left shift + enter. You're welcome.

Does it actually work like F6 where I don’t have to respond to triggers? Because that would be fantastic.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

play BO1, that only happens from BO3

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Does it actually work like F6 where I don’t have to respond to triggers? Because that would be fantastic.

Yep. I've gotten a lot of people by shift entering through my turn and their EOT spell and suddenly surprise, counter your real spell!

Click on a different queue before clicking play, hth

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

A big flaming stink posted:

obviously the scooze works, im just perplexed as to how the spider is relevant here?

oh, do you mean it stops sharks smaller than 4/4 from pressuring planeswalkers?

I wasn't the person you were originally talking to but they said "Sporeweb Weaver stops most of the ways temur rec has of dealing a guy besides substantially sized sharks."
..so.. you know...

It has 5 toughness so it dodges most burn and hexproof from blue so it can't be bounced or gusted?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I watched LSV play the PT today and drat he's good

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

I watched LSV play the PT today and drat he's good

Yeah he's definitely one of the best.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

delete the deck that you last played against sparky (then remake it later if you want)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

A reddit post claims that the enemy fetchlands will be reprinted "in Zendikar Collector boosters in the spot akin to the Godzilla card." Supposedly that's reliable information because whoever is the source also leaked Ikoria cards before. I certainly don't expect them to be reprinted in regular Standard boosters but up to this point, Commander Legends was my bet since those boosters are guaranteed to be more than $4. We'll see I guess.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 14, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

A reddit post claims that the enemy fetchlands will be reprinted "in Zendikar Collector boosters in the spot akin to the Godzilla card." Supposedly that's reliable information because whoever is the source also leaked Ikoria cards before. I certainly don't expect them to be reprinted in regular Standard boosters but up to this point, Commander Legends was my bet since those boosters are guaranteed to be more than $4. We'll see I guess.

It really is wishful thinking that they'll reprint them in a way that will actually lower the price on them, isn't it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Framboise posted:

It really is wishful thinking that they'll reprint them in a way that will actually lower the price on them, isn't it.

"We want everyone who wants to play Magic to be able to play Magic. We support a large number of formats to allow people to customize what format fits them best (and that includes financially). I’m just trying to be honest that in addition to a game, Magic is a collectible. And the fact it’s a collectible is important because it finances the business model that lets us have the many resources (game design, creative, etc.) necessary to continue to make it the best game in the world.

Older formats with larger card pools come with a challenge that getting particular cards can be more difficult, because once again, there is a collectible aspect to the game. We do reprint many desired cards to help increase the number available, but it’s always going to be a factor in those formats. The strength of older formats is access to a lot more cards. As I often say, your greatest weakness is your greatest strength pushed too far. Having a lot of cards available also means the collectible aspect kicks in stronger.

The reason we have formats with smaller card pools, usually of more recent cards, is to provide players a way to play that lessens the collectible aspect, specifically to make it easier to collect the cards you need. We even provide numerous limited formats that require only purchasing the necessary product in the moment. You can even play Magic: The Gathering Arena without spending any money.

My point is, there are numerous budget conscious ways to play Magic. If you choose to opt into a format with a larger card pool, that comes with a collectible aspect that we can only offset so much. Yes, we can and will reprint desired cards (when able), but never to the extent that everything desirable will be easy to obtain.

I’m happy to hear what reprints you want to see more of (and yes, fetch lands - I got it) and I love hearing about past products that did a good a job fulfilling this role or future products that might fulfill it in the future. I do want to know when we make products that upset you why it upsets you, so I can apply lessons to future products. I want to have a two-way conversation with all of you. I’m just pointing out that ”abandon Magic being a collectible” is not going to be something I can realistically take to my bosses.

So please, let’s continue talking, but we have to do so with the realities of the business as an honest part of the conversation.

And thank you for responding. I do take the close interaction with all of you very seriously."

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/619290198740697088/i-really-appreciate-your-answers-and-community

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Katana Gomai posted:

This would be really infuriating, so I'm sure this is the way they will go.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Some Goon posted:

"We want everyone who wants to play Magic to be able to play Magic. We support a large number of formats to allow people to customize what format fits them best (and that includes financially). I’m just trying to be honest that in addition to a game, Magic is a collectible. And the fact it’s a collectible is important because it finances the business model that lets us have the many resources (game design, creative, etc.) necessary to continue to make it the best game in the world.

Older formats with larger card pools come with a challenge that getting particular cards can be more difficult, because once again, there is a collectible aspect to the game. We do reprint many desired cards to help increase the number available, but it’s always going to be a factor in those formats. The strength of older formats is access to a lot more cards. As I often say, your greatest weakness is your greatest strength pushed too far. Having a lot of cards available also means the collectible aspect kicks in stronger.

The reason we have formats with smaller card pools, usually of more recent cards, is to provide players a way to play that lessens the collectible aspect, specifically to make it easier to collect the cards you need. We even provide numerous limited formats that require only purchasing the necessary product in the moment. You can even play Magic: The Gathering Arena without spending any money.

My point is, there are numerous budget conscious ways to play Magic. If you choose to opt into a format with a larger card pool, that comes with a collectible aspect that we can only offset so much. Yes, we can and will reprint desired cards (when able), but never to the extent that everything desirable will be easy to obtain.

I’m happy to hear what reprints you want to see more of (and yes, fetch lands - I got it) and I love hearing about past products that did a good a job fulfilling this role or future products that might fulfill it in the future. I do want to know when we make products that upset you why it upsets you, so I can apply lessons to future products. I want to have a two-way conversation with all of you. I’m just pointing out that ”abandon Magic being a collectible” is not going to be something I can realistically take to my bosses.

So please, let’s continue talking, but we have to do so with the realities of the business as an honest part of the conversation.

And thank you for responding. I do take the close interaction with all of you very seriously."

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/619290198740697088/i-really-appreciate-your-answers-and-community

So... "gently caress you, you're too late, play a cheaper format, whalebait is the new reserve list because those cards are for collectors only", basically.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I thought you'd written a parody response

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

ilmucche posted:

I thought you'd written a parody response

Same. Was waiting for the aristocrats or something but nope, just class warfare for cardboard.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yes the collectible aspect kicking in, which is definitely not at all a stand in for the market value of the cards

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Some Goon posted:

Magic is a collectible. And the fact it’s a collectible is important because it finances the business model

Is this the closest they have ever got to admitting they allow prices to inflate so they can sell 5 cards and a box for Ł250+

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I think they feel forced to go this road as Arena is explicitly not collectible, and is 100% where the games future is.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Apparently the person that posted that reddit M21 leak that has been pretty much 100% confirmed also posted some Zendikar Rising leaks?

https://www.mtgnexus.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25835&sid=3c753a2b49ced8876b553941ea03ad8b

Reik fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 14, 2020

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Reik posted:

Apparently the person that posted that reddit M21 leak that has been pretty much 100% confirmed also posted some Zendikar Rising leaks?

https://www.mtgnexus.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25835&sid=3c753a2b49ced8876b553941ea03ad8b

TAINEN - COMMENT PLEASE

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tainen said aggro players would like the duals, and as an aggro player I like those duals.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I hope they mean pick a side like Kamigawa flippies and not like Eldritch Moon flippies

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

They are not printing blue rampant growth with a counterspell attached.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Reik posted:

If milling seven or eight cards is Wizards' new standard for "this card has Mill synergy" then I can accept never getting any actual good Mill cards anymore.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

A Moose posted:

They are not printing blue rampant growth with a counterspell attached.

Correct!

That leak is old and the mechanic has changed to be like the lands so you pick one side and don’t get the other.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

blue getting an instant speed rampant growth seems a little too hot for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

C-Euro posted:

If milling seven or eight cards is Wizards' new standard for "this card has Mill synergy" then I can accept never getting any actual good Mill cards anymore.

What would a “good mill card” look like if not a card that mills 15% of your opponents deck?