Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Mustached Demon posted:

Thought about it and I think the Great Sea Trench would be better. Seems more useless if you don't have a time mage or geomancer to make it less annoying. Monk is ok because they need help.

So! Post a pic of you beating the triple goblin jerks to get credit.

Sure. *spams Requiem*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Run has started.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
One of them is using the y-burns logo from the OP.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zenithe posted:

One of them is using the y-burns logo from the OP.

Yeah, eLmaGus has used that as his profile pic and calling card easily as long as this thread has, I forget which came first.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Oh, right, there not using fiesta mod, so they can’t use geo yet.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Oh hey, I can register for a run from my fiesta page linked to my twitter. I've never beaten this game.

In 2016 I...got to world 2? with Knight Summoner, Geo, and Samurai.
In 2019 I got to world 3 (I forget where but there were suddenly-tough enemies that look like Omega) with Blue, Berserker, Chemist, and Cannoneer.

This year I'm trying Advance again and maybe I'll finally finish a run.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

dirby posted:

Oh hey, I can register for a run from my fiesta page linked to my twitter. I've never beaten this game.

In 2016 I...got to world 2? with Knight Summoner, Geo, and Samurai.
In 2019 I got to world 3 (I forget where but there were suddenly-tough enemies that look like Omega) with Blue, Berserker, Chemist, and Cannoneer.

This year I'm trying Advance again and maybe I'll finally finish a run.

My favorite part about this is everything is so janky that the fiesta page registration just creates a tweet.

Also, do people not use enkibot anymore? I just saw a spreadsheet in the op.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

My favorite part about this is everything is so janky that the fiesta page registration just creates a tweet.

I still use it, I'm old and forgetful! There's been work done to update it with new info and Freelancer/Mime stuff but I don't know what the status is.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Feldegast42 posted:

Fiesta traditionally starts after the last run finishes

I've never Fiesta-d (or finished FFV, for that matter) before but I'm pretty excited about it - will Gilgabot be tweetable for jobs,etc after the runs? I assumed the commands wouldn't work until the timer on the site finishes.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hackan Slash posted:

I always use it because lord knows I only play this game once a year and can't remember all this stuff.

LXP
Dec 26, 2012
Since it's come up, here's a guide as to the rewards of the endgame dungeons.

In FFV, the endgame consists of one mandatory dungeon, the Pyramid, and everything else is optional, including the dungeons the game nudges you do to. Thus, after beating Melusine, you can drive straight into the final dungeon. Most teams will want the fourth legendary weapon from completing Island Shrine, but going beyond that tends to give diminishing rewards. In addition, they'll have to deal with Omniscient, who requires magic, Silence, Berserk, reflect rings and mage mashers, or an ungodly amount of patience to drain all its MP (non magic methods methods work on GBA). So, players tend to jump in after Wind Shrine.

Progression is as follows: Pyramid -> Island Shrine -> Fork Tower -> Trench and Istory.

So, what are the rewards for the endgame dungeons?
First off, you get access to the GBA jobs after turning in all four tablets, so if you are on an Advance run, you must complete the entire progression chain.

Wind Shrine has access to 1: Whip - Beast Killer - Always critical on all Beasts, 2: Thief/Ninja weapon - Rising Sun- Backrow OK, 3: Bow - Drop from Tot Aevis - Aevis Killer - Always critical on all Aevises, like Tot Aevis, 4: Protect Ring & Crystal Helm

Fork Tower has: 1: Holy, Flare Blade, Flare 2: Rod - Wonder Wand - Casts Reset on Item use, on attack, casts spells in order from a list, most useful for Shell and Berserk, 3: Knightsword - Defender - Cast Protect on Item use

Undersea Trench has 1: Meteor, 2: Monk Accessory - Kaiser Knuckles - Improves Barehanded damage, 3: Blue Magic - Condemn (if you didn't get it from Exdeath), 4: Information on where the Phantom Village is, and thus access to the rest of the optional endgame stuff, 5: Undead stuff and thus a prime grinding area for Bards.

Istory Falls has 1: Shield - Second Aegis Shield - A very cool shield that has a 1/3 chance of negating any magic, and has Immune:Petrify & White Hole, 2: Leviathan, 3: Ax/Hammer - Titan Ax, 4: Sword - Rune Blade - Consume 8 MP on attack to Critical, 5: Bow - Artemis Bow, 6: Protect Ring & Wall Ring, 7, Sword - Enhancer - Increases Magic by 3, 8: Rare Drop from Tonberry - Mirage Vest - Image (1) on Battle Start.

This doesn't include other rare drops, Consumables like Fuma Shurikens and Elixirs, and the standard 3 Legendary Weapons reward.

So of these things, what are actually useful? Leviathan is weaker than a boosted Syldra, but stronger if it is, Flare is weaker than boosted Fire/Ice/Thunder3 on all targets (The only enemy is outdamaged by Flare is Superboss Omega, but that is weak to Thunder3), and the weapons tend to be weaker or more niche than the Legendary weapons and Chicken Knife. I get most use out of the Wonder Wand (mainly for cheesing Superboss Shinyru), and then might go through Istory falls for a bit of experience and the Aegis Shield. Obviously, the magic is so powerful enough to warrant going through the dungeons. The knuckles compete with the Running Shoes and loses, so I'd only use them if I could finagle something to overcome the lack of innate:haste, and immunity: Slow, Stop, Sleep, Paralysis.

Hope this helps, and don't fight with RUGWIZARD if you don't have to.

Edit for mistakes:

Alxprit posted:

Good post, but it's Island Shrine - Wind Shrine is the first dungeon in the game. Also there's a second Aegis Shield in Istory Falls, and the Enhancer which is different from the Rune Blade (I think?)

LXP fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 14, 2020

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

1234567890num posted:

Sure. *spams Requiem*

Please do! Make me spend money you assholes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

LXP posted:

Since it's come up, here's a guide as to the rewards of the endgame dungeons.

Good post, but it's Island Shrine - Wind Shrine is the first dungeon in the game. Also there's a second Aegis Shield in Istory Falls, and the Enhancer which is different from the Rune Blade (I think?)

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

ReWinter posted:

I've never Fiesta-d (or finished FFV, for that matter) before but I'm pretty excited about it - will Gilgabot be tweetable for jobs,etc after the runs? I assumed the commands wouldn't work until the timer on the site finishes.

The Fiesta usually begins once A. The Run is over and B. RK is awake (he lives in Japan).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ReWinter posted:

You can pre-register up until the Fiesta starts and in fact if you want to Berzerker Risk, you can ONLY do that as a pre-register.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm running behind on it but I :toxx: that I will pay $.01 per rod broken, and $.10 per speed trap, up to $50, as tracked on the Discord.

LXP
Dec 26, 2012

Alxprit posted:

gently caress (Also thanks). You are absolutely right on all accounts. Looking through guides on GameFaqs, it looks like there's both an enhancer and a rune edge in Istory falls, and they are different (I'm not able to check right now). I'm now editing the original guide now. The second Aegis Shield changes a lot.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Enhancer is a sword boosts your magic stat by a ton, if I recall. It's good for spellcasters that can use it and don't need element boosting, though I'm stretched to think of a situation where it actually comes in handy now that I'm thinking about it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Enhancer and Aegis Shield are the only reason I ever go to Istory Falls, I usually leave after getting the Aegis Shield, assuming I have at least two shield users. Leviathan is only better than Syldra if you have a Chemist, at which point you have a Chemist and still have no reason to go get Leviathan.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The Enhancer gives +3 to Magic. Not terribly useful unless you're a Blue Mage using Level 3 Flare or Mindblast a lot. Its biggest claim to fame is that it's the strongest weapon aside from the Chicken Knife that a Mystic Knight can innately use.

The Rune Blade is a slightly weaker version of the Rune Axe. It usually doesn't see much use since it doesn't work with !Spellblade and Knights have other options. A Red or Blue Mage with a Strength-boosting ability can actually do very solid damage with it though.

Leviathan is worthwhile in so far as that a lot of enemies in the final dungeon are weak to water. It's more of a luxury than anything else, but since Leviathan is also one of the more fun boss fights in World 3, I always pick him up if I have a Summoner.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm late to the party, but it looks like Bowie's quite a bit behind the rest. Any interesting story there?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Don't completely forget the Phoenix Tower. It's a slog and there's no equipment, but you can get a decent amount of money and the Magic Pot fights let you trade an elixir for 100 AP. That's not necessarily a great deal for a lot of parties, but if you have Red Mage, it can make getting Dualcast a little less painful.

Oh, and there's also Phoenix at the top, which is worth picking up if you have a Summoner.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bruceski posted:

I'm late to the party, but it looks like Bowie's quite a bit behind the rest. Any interesting story there?

He was already significantly behind when I tuned in, but he got owned by Clapperclaw a bunch which didn't help matters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Enhancer and Aegis Shield are the only reason I ever go to Istory Falls, I usually leave after getting the Aegis Shield, assuming I have at least two shield users. Leviathan is only better than Syldra if you have a Chemist, at which point you have a Chemist and still have no reason to go get Leviathan.

On the flip side, elemental power leviathan hits like a train powered by sheer hatred, and rules

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
One other note about Istory Falls - you don't actually have to fight Leviathan to collect the tablet from there. As soon as he shows up, you can literally just grab the tablet, walk past him, and exit the dungeon.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Bowie isn't someone I usually associate with FFV running, he might just be less experienced than the others.

DD with the sizable lead though.

e: And he didn't let the shield burn!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I generally do all 4 dungeons as they are all major content for the game but it's up to personal preference, really. World 3 is too short for my tastes otherwise

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

On the flip side, elemental power leviathan hits like a train powered by sheer hatred, and rules

Plus it doesn't require you to grind for Mix ingredients, which is nice sometimes.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Ace Transmuter posted:

DD with the sizable lead though.

e: And he didn't let the shield burn!

2020 really is the endtimes

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ace Transmuter posted:

Bowie isn't someone I usually associate with FFV running, he might just be less experienced than the others.

He got thrashed by a few bosses and is on physical hardware.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
DD appears to be grinding eqribbon with three characters dead in the middle of meatfort?
e: Maybe grinding hi potions?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 14, 2020

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

He mentioned grinding to level 32 with Bartz. I assume for Almagest, but I'm not sure.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

DalaranJ posted:

DD appears to be grinding eqribbon with three characters dead in the middle of meatfort?

I would assume grinding levels for zenigage damage?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DalaranJ posted:

Never watched The Run, do people grind Bal statues or is that frowned upon?

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Can someone clear something up for me about Chaos runs? I know that normally you'd get your first job and then everything would stop being a freelancer and switch to your Wind Crystal job, but I'm being given the impression that in Chaos, instead of having at least one of each job you have unlocked, you have exactly one of each job you have unlocked and the balance are freelancers. Is that right or is my reading comprehension just garbage?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Bregor posted:

Never watched The Run, do people grind Bal statues or is that frowned upon?

Not great for exp if that's what they're looking for. Also it's a little bit slow if you don't have lvl 5 death on hand.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

PastaBakeWizard posted:

Can someone clear something up for me about Chaos runs? I know that normally you'd get your first job and then everything would stop being a freelancer and switch to your Wind Crystal job, but I'm being given the impression that in Chaos, instead of having at least one of each job you have unlocked, you have exactly one of each job you have unlocked and the balance are freelancers. Is that right or is my reading comprehension just garbage?

You have Freelancers up until you get your first equippable job. After that, normal fiesta rules apply.

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020

ultrafilter posted:

You have Freelancers up until you get your first equippable job. After that, normal fiesta rules apply.

Gotcha. Thankyou!

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

PastaBakeWizard posted:

In chaos you can get any job in any order and in any amount. So if you get dancer for you wind job you would use freelancer until your next crystal or until you reach the earth crystal if all of your jobs are earth crystal jobs. In all the runs that matter once you have a job at least one character needs to be in that job, so if you only have one job every character needs to be in that job.

if that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020

Funktastic posted:

In chaos you can get any job in any order and in any amount. So if you get dancer for you wind job you would use freelancer until your next crystal or until you reach the earth crystal if all of your jobs are earth crystal jobs. In all the runs that matter once you have a job at least one character needs to be in that job, so if you only have one job every character needs to be in that job.

if that makes sense

Makes perfect sense. Cheers captain!