Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

here have a terrible cartoon. the story here is their racist as gently caress dad, the original owner, had it published without telling them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

These con politoonists try to I Don't See Color and draw Respectable Blacks to obscure their true intentions, but Stiglich just couldn't resist drawing a hooded brown thug terrorizing an innocent blonde lady. loving predictable.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Reality Protester posted:

here have a terrible cartoon. the story here is their racist as gently caress dad, the original owner, had it published without telling them.

How do owners "resign" who owns it now

Do they still own it and just quit running it

Are they basically collecting rents here and simply decided not to give a poo poo about what shows up on the pages or did they sell it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is even more hilarious given how the US police have been arresting and then raping women in their custody for years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here's a dump, in my usual style of "stuff from the past couple days that doesn't bore me to tears to look at, in essentially random order"

God this argument is just so dumb
I dunno about you but I learn about history primarily by driving around Southern cities and looking at their statues

I don't even know what this one is saying about what

I'm pretty sure there was more than this to talk about two weeks ago

I'm not really sure why he's bringing up cartoons but ok

agc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Racism aside, I love this train of thought because the best cops do in this situation is show up 30 min later after you were already robbed, and proceed to do absolutely nothing to find your stuff.

I’ve had 2 separate cars stolen and both times I ended up just finding each car myself. The cops just seemed frustrated at me when I reported both incidents.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

horsey is here to educate us

https://twitter.com/cmkshama/status/1271907104475893765

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

god Horsey is such a loving boomer

Reminds me of the people who would call you naive for wanting to vote for Bernie because they hosed everything up in 1968 and think the world hasn't changed at all in the last fifty literal years

e: also in this metaphor Alice is played by the literal loving mayor of Seattle

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Reminder that Horsey has sucked for a while re: Sawant

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

WampaLord posted:

As a seattlite lemme say a classic case of a good cartoon. Don't forget about Seattle's landlord community Comrades.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

WampaLord posted:

i had not forgotten

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

T-man posted:

As a seattlite lemme say a classic case of a good cartoon. Don't forget about Seattle's landlord community Comrades.

yes but Horsey thinks this outcome is bad, he is being supportive towards the Seattle landlord community

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the art on this ones so ugly i just wanted to scroll past it but the sheer broad awfulness is fascinating shaming white people who dont participate in the first panel shaming white people who do participate in the second panel making obama the martyr in the third panel while completely forgetting what the protests are even about or that we had them under obama too and to top it all off the bunker baby meme at the end with the implication being that the cartoonists kids are unimpressed because the evil white president isnt trying hard enough to murder protestors

SeANMcBAY posted:

Racism aside, I love this train of thought because the best cops do in this situation is show up 30 min later after you were already robbed, and proceed to do absolutely nothing to find your stuff.

I’ve had 2 separate cars stolen and both times I ended up just finding each car myself. The cops just seemed frustrated at me when I reported both incidents.

i had a cop call me several months after id reported my cell phone stolen once what exactly he was expecting from me i had no idea id already told them the name and the phone number of the person whod stolen my phone back when it happened and its not like id learned new useful information in the interim period

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

the art on this ones so ugly i just wanted to scroll past it but the sheer broad awfulness is fascinating shaming white people who dont participate in the first panel shaming white people who do participate in the second panel making obama the martyr in the third panel while completely forgetting what the protests are even about or that we had them under obama too and to top it all off the bunker baby meme at the end with the implication being that the cartoonists kids are unimpressed because the evil white president isnt trying hard enough to murder protestors

i had a cop call me several months after id reported my cell phone stolen once what exactly he was expecting from me i had no idea id already told them the name and the phone number of the person whod stolen my phone back when it happened and its not like id learned new useful information in the interim period

The white people in the second panel are Nazis.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why would nazis ask permission to join in they were already there they created the problems in the first place

its an aggressively lovely cartoon that makes less sense the more you think about it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cloks posted:

The white people in the second panel are Nazis.

it seems to be playing into the "outside agitator" narrative

Some Guy TT posted:

its an aggressively lovely cartoon that makes less sense the more you think about it

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/26/beware-the-race-reductionist/

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Exposure

Not Yet In A Camp posted:

It is wonderful to see such a marvelous example of an older person taking the beneficial immune system effect that exposing their skin to natural sunlight has for them. That skin made Vitamin D from that exposure helps the immune system far more than clothed and taking supplements ever would have for her. That woman has a great health ethic that shows she cares about health that she demonstrates to her family.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Can I get some croutons with all that goddamn word salad

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

of course there's an idiocracy reference

delete that movie is2g

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

climbing and tearing the curtains, eh? fess up, ben: did an early draft use cats instead of babies?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

sliami posted:

Can I get some croutons with all that goddamn word salad

I thought I was the only one that has never understood what the hell a Day-by-Day strip was supposed to say until I found this thread. I've read a few dozen by this point, and they genuinely make no sense to read.

Plan Z has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Jun 14, 2020

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Plan Z posted:

I thought I was the only one that has never understood what the hell a Day-by-Day strip was supposed to say until I found this thread. I've read a few dozen by this point, and they genuinely make no sense to read.

DbD is like trying to decipher a conversation made out of in-jokes between 2 people, except the in-joke is that their blood has been replaced by that pink hate slime from Ghostbusters 2.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

day by day was never good or even passable but 15 years ago it had jokes and you could understand what was happening. over the course of the obama and trump administrations the guy has just constantly declined mentally, artistically, etc. It's like how 25 years ago tinsley could occasionally tell a joke. Not a good one, but something recognizable as a joke, in a cartoon he actually drew instead of copy/pasting old panels.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
This is absolutely Day by Day revisionism

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the only more baffling thing than Day by Day itself is that there are apparently enough people out there who enjoy it and find it titillating enough to pay money to buy pin up art of the female cast to make it worth creating for nearly two decades

I’d link the image showing all the various pledge levels (up to $1000/year), but it’s like half smeary tits

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

consistently published, consistent with their worldview, a holdover from newspaper comics, and horny. seems like a decent combination to eke out a contribution from a niche demographic of horrifying boomers

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I guess police is good again :confused:

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Avirosb posted:

Police bad. Protestor also bad. Buy gun, shoot people yourself.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Avirosb posted:

Being against the police is only good when you do it the Ben Garrison way, not the anarchokiddy way

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

as promised something a little different these are all the cartoons which were posted on page 750 of the 2014 thread a lot of these are just old tom the dancing bugs

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

it took me way too long to figure out what this was supposed to say mainly because the donkey thats supposed to be a d looks a lot more like an o

quote:

someone sure has a lot of faith in bidens ability to reflect on his past mistakes

why is he smiling

quote:

did biden actually say this i cant even tell when theyre making it up anymore

quote:

given that he was carrying a defund police sign the implication seems to be that hes being attacked by the police not that hes living in a futuristic dystopia without police

i cant get past how silly the scythe looks with the classic hunter outfit are the people who came up with this idea aware of the fact that scythes arent dedicated weapons

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Some Guy TT posted:

as promised something a little different these are all the cartoons which were posted on page 750 of the 2014 thread a lot of these are just old tom the dancing bugs

Ruben Bolling is great but especially this one. 2014 you say? man is a legend.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Some Guy TT posted:

...a lot of these are just old tom the dancing bugs

Opposite of a problem.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

it took me way too long to figure out what this was supposed to say mainly because the donkey thats supposed to be a d looks a lot more like an o

even with timg I had to squint and the words only vaguely appeared like a magic eye pic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ruben Bolling is great but especially this one. 2014 you say? man is a legend.

I was gonna say this too, this unironically no-exaggeration literally happened earlier this month

sub in fascist cop for fascist capitalist but otherwise 100% nonfiction

quote:

lol white supremacists don't go to prison, and cops don't protect people from them, because they are the same people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

lol white supremacists don't go to prison, and cops don't protect people from them, because they are the same people

Yeah, "Black people think the cops protect them from white supremacists" is a, uh, very well researched take