Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Samuel Clemens posted:

He mentioned grinding to level 32 with Bartz. I assume for Almagest, but I'm not sure.

Probably. Unusual place for it but that's DD.

Bregor posted:

Never watched The Run, do people grind Bal statues or is that frowned upon?

Someone did for a couple minutes, I presume to unlock cointoss for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There is also a Fiesta mod you can find on the Discord that unlocks all Jobs from the start. It generally ends up being harder if you roll something like Bard, because you aren't supposed to use Freelancers and now you gotta go with 4 Bards.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There is also a Fiesta mod you can find on the Discord that unlocks all Jobs from the start. It generally ends up being harder if you roll something like Bard, because you aren't supposed to use Freelancers and now you gotta go with 4 Bards.

I usually do 'i have to use the job as soon as i get the first weapon/spell for that job'

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Something something Kyrosiris' least favorite boss

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do they have to speed run the lunch break too?
Eating twenty hotdogs in ten minutes.

fool of sound posted:

I usually do 'i have to use the job as soon as i get the first weapon/spell for that job'

Do knives count?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Do knives count?

No

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cattail Prophet posted:

Something something Kyrosiris' least favorite boss

:yayclod:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Twitch chat is saying that entering the void for the first time locks you out of getting the mirage vest from chocobo guy? Weird.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

They're grinding full Dancer outfits now.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Twitch chat is saying that entering the void for the first time locks you out of getting the mirage vest from chocobo guy? Weird.

Does it lock parts of the phantom village into the void?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cattail Prophet posted:

Yeah, I ran into this last year, the chocobo guy just disappears after you enter the void

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, I learned the strat to beat rug wizard with no magic, I guess.
Silence proc from mage masher is a spell effect so it reflects.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, I learned the strat to beat rug wizard with no magic, I guess.
Silence proc from mage masher is a spell effect so it reflects.

FF5 is the best game ever made

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

FF5 is the best game ever made

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

it's the year of our lord 2020 and I just watched dragondarch bust out a genuinely good strategy (using !Flirt to lock Twintania in phase 2 until the Assassin Dagger forked over a skull)

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

If you're not watching, DD is about to win. He has Alma down and is mopping up now.

https://twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

JerikTelorian posted:

If you're not watching, DD is about to win. He has Alma down and is mopping up now.

https://twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

You jinxed him

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hahaha he just got death by math'd.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

Hahaha he just got death by math'd.

At the moment it looks like the real race is between math vs no math.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Dragondarch won! :)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And then Elmagus won with 1hp left!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jesus christ I haven't seen a Run that clutch since I've been doing these threads. What a ride.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

And then Elmagus won with 1hp left!

After running out of money for zeninage.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That was one hell of a finish!

DD had a decent lead, but then he accidentally left one part alive, which led to Almagest followed by Comet on the one character who could survive it, leading to a wipe. eLmaGus was able to catch up after that.

DD and eLmaGus were neck and neck, but DD was able to win by a mere eighty seconds. Hilariously, eLmaGus won with three characters dead and Lenna at 1HP, clutch as gently caress.

Good race!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Are they starting the fiesta now, or are they still waiting for the countdown to finish?

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

That race owned. I am really happy I caught that live.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ultrafilter posted:

Are they starting the fiesta now, or are they still waiting for the countdown to finish?

waiting for Bowie to finish and RK to wake up

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Typically, it's after the last runner finishes and RK wakes up, or probably 12 hours as a mercy kill.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

poo poo, Yaga's still going? I stopped watching after his first death post Elmagus' finish.

E: Oh nvm now he's done

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is Bowie out of money? That's gonna be a rough finish if he hasn't even made it NED.
Edit: No, gill toss just did 0 for some reason against Catastrophe?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Is Bowie out of money? That's gonna be a rough finish if he hasn't even made it NED.
Edit: No, gill toss just did 0 for some reason against Catastrophe?

It's got too much defense.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
To elaborate, the zenigage damage formula is (Level + 10 - Defense) * 150

Most things in the game have low defense which is why its damage is so crazy.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Oh, does it start today?

poo poo, Hi Thread! I haven't played the fiesta since like the first three. I don't remember, is it cheating if I get myself to the wind shrine and then tweet as soon as it starts, to get the 30 minute jump on the game?

I'm excited for this! This year I'm doing a Pure Chaos Berserker Risk, and I am excited to get the worst party comp ever and break the game apart with it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

poo poo, Hi Thread! I haven't played the fiesta since like the first three. I don't remember, is it cheating if I get myself to the wind shrine and then tweet as soon as it starts, to get the 30 minute jump on the game?

Nah, this is pretty common, since a lot of people do multiple runs a year and can't be bothered to do the jobless part of the run every time.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I've used the same wind shrine save for every fiesta run I've done

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I lost my save when my hard drive failed last year and had to do the opening thirty minutes for the first time in years. It sucked big time.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I always restart because I like re-naming Butz every time. Usually there's a good name :toxx: going too.

ACAB just goes where his chocobo takes him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Ace Transmuter posted:

I always restart because I like re-naming Butz every time. Usually there's a good name :toxx: going too.

:same:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

if you don't have a level 99 wind shrine save what's the point of even running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bowie had a clutch win as well.