Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Video games.

What are some video games that exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Alright. I'll keep going so I can judge the game more fairly once I'm past the intro.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

Video games.

Mayday: Conflict Earth
Advent Rising
Daemonica
Deadlock: Planetary Conquest
Abomination: The Nemesis Project
The Void

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Ds2: hello before you activate the “fun”, you must overshoot the weapon stat requirements by 50% (rounded up ofc), and please read this spreadsheet about frame breakpoints and compatible weapon combinations
Ds3: dual wielding is fun and good

You can't powerstance in DS3, making it garbagetrash for infants

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Video games.

I played Ara Fell recently and enjoyed it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
challenge is important to souls but it's not top of the list and the games get worse as they forget that

Powerstancing rules and DS2 is the best one

I keep hearing that the Cindered mod largely 'fixes' DS3 but I haven't been motivated to try it yet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beast Pussy posted:

Alright. I'll keep going so I can judge the game more fairly once I'm past the intro.

The game should start opening up properly around April 18th. You'll get a few combat tutorials & such before then.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
AAA: Focus tested NDA minefields where you risk getting blackbooked if you point out that everyone worked 90 hour weeks and lived off pot noodle and pizza for 2 months

Indie:
https://twitter.com/calenquest/status/1272267313165656064

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Beast Pussy posted:

Maybe I could've phrased my issue better. Let me try again.
Is there enough to these characters that I'm going to feel redeemed having spent so much time learning their backgrounds and the setting?
It's fine if people like different things than me, but this feels a little heavy handed.
the entire game is dealing with these characters' problems and traumas through jrpg combat standing in for jungian psychoanalysis, and then continuing to support their growth afterwards (incentivized through the social link system). if you didn't have the characters persona is nothing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bear in mind that the game is 50% running around talking to characters to progress their stories and 50% miserable dungeons.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Even by rpg standards Persona 4 is pretty slow

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

stev posted:

Bear in mind that the game is 50% running around talking to characters to progress their stories and 50% miserable dungeons.

Sounds too good to be true.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How’s this:
the dark souls item crows: which do you prefer?

Ds1 and 3: seemingly arbitrary but otherwise no variance
Ds2: slot machine

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Persona games are for people who would be huge VN fans if they could get over the stigma that VNs are all just for really horny people

mainline SMT games are pokemon games for horny people

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
I want a game where I ride horses with really nice scenery.

I already have BotW, so not that.

Have a fairly decent PC, but no consoles other than the switch. Looked at the Witcher series, Red Dead Redemption 2 and the two latest Assassin's Creeds, but worry that they'll be very violent. Any ideas?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Rianlee posted:

I want a game where I ride horses with really nice scenery.

I already have BotW, so not that.

Have a fairly decent PC, but no consoles other than the switch. Looked at the Witcher series, Red Dead Redemption 2 and the two latest Assassin's Creeds, but worry that they'll be very violent. Any ideas?

you can pretend a chocobo is a horse and ride them in FFXV

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How about a moose

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SeXReX posted:

What?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it's true

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Andrast posted:

it's true

How?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SeXReX posted:

I thought that was Digimon

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

bad news: pokemon games are also pokemon games for horny people

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

do I need to post the penis demon?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Name one game that isn’t horny

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

dont even know maras name, real secondary energy coming from this post

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

everything is for horny people

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shadows of the Colossus is a great game for horsing

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

SeXReX posted:

Which one? SMT has, like, five of the bloody things.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my friends are trying to get me to pick up remnant from ashes and play with them and i'm pretty lukewarm on it but it seems to go on sale often so the next time it does i'll probably be getting it. it's basically a typical third person cover shooter (gears of war, mass effect) with some dark souls iframes dodging, and rooty tooty loot n shooty, right?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

my friends are trying to get me to pick up remnant from ashes and play with them and i'm pretty lukewarm on it but it seems to go on sale often so the next time it does i'll probably be getting it. it's basically a typical third person cover shooter (gears of war, mass effect) with some dark souls iframes dodging, and rooty tooty loot n shooty, right?

No loot. Its set drops in the map like dark souls but because the zones you get in each campaign are randomly selected some weapons or armor you might not be able to get access to in one run, theyre also pretty well hidden sometimes.

There isn't any cover system either, its hyper focused on dodging and avoiding enemy attacks, on higher difficulties its pretty tough.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
kind of

it really doesn't have too much in the way of loot besides crafting items, actual gear/powers are really rare. i also don't think it has a cover system other than you can move your character behind cover.

a lot of the art is cool and it's a decent co-op time, i didn't find it engaging for too long.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Beast Pussy posted:

Question, is it really a role playing game if the game just tells you what you do all the time? I've barely gotten to move my own character.
I feel like persona 4 is rushing me through the game to get to the good parts. Maybe they should've just started at the good part, where I can play, too.

Lmao

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Just got to the second level in Asteroids, is it just me or are there a lot of asteroids in this game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Persona 4 definitely wasn't an RPG it was an anime

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dark souls report: enlisted solaire and the other guy to kill the bell gargoyles for me. also ditched all my heavy poo poo and am now running around with leather armor, a broadsword and heater shield. it’s nice to be able to roll properly

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I watched a playthrough of Persona 4 and there were whole episodes where all they did was fuse Personae to optimize in combat so it's definitely a JRPG.

Also there is actually a significant deal of agency considering you can accuse the wrong person of a crime and lock yourself into a bad ending

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VNs are good pokemon is good SMT is good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it sucks that after ds1 they slowly made "heavy armor tank" an invalid playstyle

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LOL (lots of luck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Stux posted:

VNs are good pokemon is good SMT is good