Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The Dragonball Z ult on Malganis is just like Auriel's revive ult: you get 2x the effect when using it on Cho'Gall. If you can time it right and your team is in sync, it's a full heal and 2 kills for the price of one.

What build changes have y'all noticed in Artanis and TLV? I mostly play TLV in AI matches, and the buffs that apply when your vikings are clustered has been a straight up buff to me. The XP orb change made vikings 3-lane soak much weaker, you need much more micro to play them optimally.

In AI matches, I often go Lazy Vikings mode and just do a 3 hero blob, rotating for split pushes if the map allows it. All the patch changes just make me that more deadly when an enemy hero decides to push back. Outside of something like Kael's bomb, there is minimal micro. You can get top objective, siege, and hero damage if you manage your blob right. It's a fun minigame in AI matches where the points don't matter and the score is made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
When did they make the AI terrible for disconnects and who can I smack over this, because it is an absolute waste of time when there isn’t a surrender option and we have to either 1) lug around a terrible AI that will hearth the instant their babysitter gets killed or 2) leave them in the well and just always be down a character

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Surely the better/smarter option would be to pay attention to groups - If a singleton player drops, you just start dividing the XP by 4, instead of 5?

(I can already see the problem though - there would be that it'd actually prove advantageous for a team of 4, and make the whole community even more toxic as they tried to encourage the anchor to leave so they could win.)

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Nybble posted:

When did they make the AI terrible for disconnects and who can I smack over this, because it is an absolute waste of time when there isn’t a surrender option and we have to either 1) lug around a terrible AI that will hearth the instant their babysitter gets killed or 2) leave them in the well and just always be down a character

Can always blame this person I guess:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/her...bo-you-to-death

If by "combo you to death," they mean "stand in the back line and do nothing during a team fight." They would be better off just reverting it to whatever it was doing several updates ago, the AI would at least attempt to play the game even if it was bad.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Certain characters have much better AI than others as well. For example I had a AI ETC and while it was not amazing it at least functioned but then I had a deathwing AI that just stayed in the sky 75% of the time and when it did land it was always at the wrong time and got gibbed. Also, if someone is AFK/AI in the first 5 min. of the match it should just cancel.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sickest thing I ever saw in this game was an AI Anduin yanking me back in the middle of me being garrosh thrown. I didn't even LAND before the golden wings were upon me.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Also, this game breaks people. Yesterday in a BRAWL after we lost a single team fight our Uther declared GG and just sat in the hearth the rest of the game, when he did go AI he rejoined right away. This went on for over 10 min. What state is someones mind in to get that upset over a brawl. Out of 100 brawl games I don't think I have ever seen anyone get so upset that they would do that.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Brightwing AI is God tier, with super human (AI) reflexes for polly, I'll always take a dumb following bot Brightwing over a human player. It will literally polly a genji mid dash, renders so much stuff useless that way.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1271849932417232898

Mei is coming

Twitter replies are thinking Durotan but 100% the next teaser is gonna be a different map covered in snow

Aaod
May 29, 2004
No blizzard obviously paid gobs of money to get Elsa in the game to revive it by bringing in the Disney crowd. The disney characters will be new heroes to play.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aaod posted:

No blizzard obviously paid gobs of money to get Elsa in the game to revive it by bringing in the Disney crowd. The disney characters will be new heroes to play.

I mean... I would play again if I could play as like Rapunzel

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I’d believe you if you told me ActiBlizz got bought up just like Marvel and Lucasfilm.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Macaluso posted:

I mean... I would play again if I could play as like Rapunzel

that could be a cool qhira skin

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

So they teased raven lord for months and then... nothing?.

Thats cool, raven lord sucks rear end.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1271849932417232898

Mei is coming

Twitter replies are thinking Durotan but 100% the next teaser is gonna be a different map covered in snow

Isn't there some kind of giant Ice Lord boss on old AV? Could be that for an out of left field pick

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Probably an ice Ragnaros skin. The build up is appropriate.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You can't make an Ahune skin, you will regret this!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i thought mei was the hispanic chick that teleports all over and was excited but turns out that's a different character

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
https://twitter.com/blizzheroes/status/1272215591403655168?s=21

I believe the proper response here is “It’s gonna be Mei.”

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I wonder if Blizzard is stupid enough to give her mobile autos. They might not be, but then again...

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kith posted:

I wonder if Blizzard is stupid enough to give her mobile autos. They might not be, but then again...

that'll be fine i think, because then her weakness will be CC.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Exactly what HotS needed: the worst character with the most frustrating style of mechanics (slows and freezes) from the worst franchise.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

biznatchio posted:

Exactly what HotS needed: the worst character with the most frustrating style of mechanics (slows and freezes) from the worst franchise.

I don't mind Overwatch in general, but yeah this is basically how I feel about it too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

See, I told you! They would never be awesome enough to give Ragnaros a snow skin

edit: Lol the salty twitter replies. Specifically the ones that are like UGH ANOTHER OVERWATCH CHARACTER

(there has not been an Overwatch character added since 2017. There have been 13 characters released since Hanzo)

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 14, 2020

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hi it's not that nobody likes overwatch characters because there's a lot of them, it's that nobody likes overwatch characters because they inevitably get overloaded kits that are miserable to deal with

hope that helps

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

people aren't mad about "a character that's from overwatch", people are dreading another Release Genji or Release Hanzo and considering how much people hate dealing with Mei in her native game they're entirely within their rights to be worried about blizzard loving this up

E: post is not edit, whatever

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

On the other hand Junkrat is good and Zarya is good so ya win some ya lose some

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Feels like Durotan and Mei at the same time. Which is weird for a "summer" event. Who knows.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Two characters at once right now, no way

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

To be honest I'm not really sure what Mei really fufills in HoTS? Like we already have a freezey/slowy caster in Jaina and a freezey/slowy bruiser in Arthas? I feel like Mei could only be one of those two as well.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 15, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Macaluso posted:

On the other hand Junkrat is good and Zarya is good so ya win some ya lose some

ah yes, zarya who shortly after launch had the highest ever winrate in the game's history at the time...

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be honest I'm not really sure what Mei really fufills in HoTS? Like we already have a freezey/slowy caster in Jaina and a freezey/slowy bruiser in Arthas? I feel like Mei could only be one of those two as well.

Obviously, Mei will be able to do what Jaina does except she'll be able to do it while she's moving and probably make ice walls so you can't run away (even if you could run away while she's stacking a progressive slow on you with her ice cannon while she's chasing you).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Also note that Ana is one of two Supports with an above 50+% winrate on like more then 4 maps
although I think that says a lot more about the current power level of supports more then anything

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
When I first googled "why is it snowing HotS 2020" I was 100% sure the character was going to be Mei

then they tweeted the Alterac(?) pic of an orc/troll building ans some barrels with arrows shot into them, and I was confused because that has nothing to do with Mei other than snow

then they tweeted Mei's lil robot eyes and I still have no idea why they posted the AV orc building.

Everyone already knows it was gonna be Mei. I am curious how her skills will differ from "Jaina, but with a Tassadar force wall"

Jaina has Mei's autoattack, her ice block, and blizzard / ring of frost are basically Mei's ult as well. Tassadar has an impassible wall.

What will Mei do that is new and different? And how terrible will it be??

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Nybble posted:

Feels like Durotan and Mei at the same time. Which is weird for a "summer" event. Who knows.

A dev said a week or two ago that there would be 'multiple' new heroes this year, but they specifically wouldn't release two at once. So no idea what that first teaser is supposed to be. Unless it's like, an orc skin for her or something.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Grom?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kith posted:

people aren't mad about "a character that's from overwatch", people are dreading another Release Genji or Release Hanzo and considering how much people hate dealing with Mei in her native game they're entirely within their rights to be worried about blizzard loving this up

E: post is not edit, whatever

I entirely agree with the gist of your post here, but it's always strange to me when people cite "Release Hanzo." On his release Hanzo was severely undertuned and had around a 42% win rate even in the high-end leagues. It took two months of buffs and bug fixes before he became good-to-great depending on who was playing him.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Mind over Matter posted:

I entirely agree with the gist of your post here, but it's always strange to me when people cite "Release Hanzo." On his release Hanzo was severely undertuned and had around a 42% win rate even in the high-end leagues. It took two months of buffs and bug fixes before he became good-to-great depending on who was playing him.

I always thought Hanzo was "garbage in most peoples hands S+++ tier in Diamond/Master" pretty much since launch because he kind of shits damage if you could land his stuff often.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I always thought Hanzo was "garbage in most peoples hands S+++ tier in Diamond/Master" pretty much since launch because he kind of shits damage if you could land his stuff often.

After two months that became the basic long-term situation yes. But when he was very new he was so bad that even pros didn't want to use him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ghom!