Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Guess its about time for the angry, angry, angry gecko that may or may not be found silently poking around behind your left ear right now tax:

https://i.imgur.com/uiTv6.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
It's not a murder but this video was the first thing that made me legitimately afraid of the police. The brutality and corruption behind it is something I still feel in the pit of my stomach years later and I think of it every time a new case of police brutality pops up. All of these officers were found not guilty and it blows my mind. I really hope that some of this pressure leads to these fuckers getting some justice but at the very least make this never loving happen again.

Police brutality vs. mental illness - the beating of Robert Leone - shocking full documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0rOi0BPNQ

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Stoven posted:

It's not a murder but this video was the first thing that made me legitimately afraid of the police. The brutality and corruption behind it is something I still feel in the pit of my stomach years later and I think of it every time a new case of police brutality pops up. All of these officers were found not guilty and it blows my mind. I really hope that some of this pressure leads to these fuckers getting some justice but at the very least make this never loving happen again.

Police brutality vs. mental illness - the beating of Robert Leone - shocking full documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0rOi0BPNQ

Thanks for this link.
:(

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Autopsy report says Rayshard Brooks was shot twice in the back, lists manner of death as homicide
cnn.com/10:20 PM ET, Sun June 14, 2020

"Rayshard Brooks was shot twice in the back, according to a release by the Fulton County, Georgia, Medical Examiner's Office.
Brooks died from organ damage and blood loss from the two gunshot wounds, according to the office.
The autopsy, performed on Sunday, lists Brooks' cause of death as gunshot wounds to the back. The manner of death is listed as homicide."

Seething exists, and is also an actual word.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 15, 2020

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Trader Joes punishing workers for participating in protests.

https://twitter.com/traderjoes130/status/1272253873227313152?s=19

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 15, 2020

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Mat Cauthon posted:

man I hope people are keeping track of these so they know where to never spend their money ever again

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mat Cauthon posted:

sort of - it seems more like the objective was to crush union organizing

which is, you know, also bad

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Otteration posted:

Autopsy report says Rayshard Brooks was shot twice in the back, lists manner of death as homicide
cnn.com/10:20 PM ET, Sun June 14, 2020

"Rayshard Brooks was shot twice in the back, according to a release by the Fulton County, Georgia, Medical Examiner's Office.
Brooks died from organ damage and blood loss from the two gunshot wounds, according to the office.
The autopsy, performed on Sunday, lists Brooks' cause of death as gunshot wounds to the back. The manner of death is listed as homicide."

Seething exists, and is also an actual word.

i think they are gonna throw roth under the bus because he was clearly trying to get an easy arrest and escalating poo poo. normally the department wouldnt give a poo poo but now that eyes are on them and other departments, they will sacrifice this pig fast. i am sure we are gonna learn that he got moved around a bunch and or he has a "history".

human garbage bag posted:

This is actually a catch-22. The police light this guy up for the very reason that it won't become a huge story. At the end of the day, no one is going to do anything about it.

this was a couple years ago and i guess they found a pellet gun on him or some poo poo. idk its clear they arnt even trying to do the right thing here. any social work or even a cop with a brain would have just casually walked up to the dude and asked him to move or some poo poo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus gently caress

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1272371618778689536

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yes this is a standard tactic to crush retail organizing. You close the store if it gets bad enough that you think it will be impossible to stop.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This is really unfortunate because when I worked there (10+ years ago now...) it was a good company. It paid $10 starting and pay raises twice a year, full benefits at 35 hours, vacation, flexible hours, and had a great work atmosphere and management.

I had hears rumors from other former employees that corporate had gone to poo poo the last few years and began cracking down on the individual stores. This shows how out of touch they are and I hope employees, merchants, captains all begin to walk off the job in protest to force a culture change.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I really feel this is coming to head:

We are seeing the last racist fascist dreg fucks of humanity reveal themselves in their last stand, right before like their predecessors the Confederacy and Nazi Germany, being swept into the waste bin of history

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

We are seeing the last racist fascist dreg fucks of humanity reveal themselves in their last stand, right before like their predecessors the Confederacy and Nazi Germany, being swept into the waste bin of history

thats what scares me too. what worries me is that one of these boomers or more likely some channer boogaloo rear end in a top hat will shoot a bunch of folks or run them down and this time kill people. we have already had a bunch of close calls.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TulliusCicero posted:

So optimistic, I wish I was. :smith:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The awful white people will not go quietly.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats what scares me too. what worries me is that one of these boomers or more likely some channer boogaloo rear end in a top hat will shoot a bunch of folks or run them down and this time kill people. we have already had a bunch of close calls.

We've already had at least one death I know of from people running over protesters, to say nothing of the cops putting rubber bullets in the skulls of multiple people, at least another one who has died.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Grondoth posted:

No but there are more of us than of them

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1272373638646370304

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grondoth posted:

The Republican party went from being on the autopsy table to in complete control of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government, AND iron-clad control over a majority of governorships, state legislatures, and lower courts in the span of 3 years. Never count awful white people out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

didnt this happen before. like a year ago.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Soros gotta get his counterprotesters from somewhere :shrug:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Boy I just love the sense of impending dread I have for my city and my community now, hanging over every thought. Thanks president trump! Can't wait to get teargassed!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt this happen before. like a year ago.

A few weeks ago, a similar thing was floating around conservative media accusing lefties of astroturfing in the exact same way. Barring any solid proof, I'm calling bullshit.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

The Republican party went from being on the autopsy table to in complete control of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government, AND iron-clad control over a majority of governorships, state legislatures, and lower courts in the span of 3 years. Never count awful white people out.

Not to mention, they've held absolute power over a far greater majority of people lots of times through history so outnumbering them isn't really a guaranteed win either. We whites (especially the awful ones) are a uh....resourceful and ethically unburdened bunch if I'm being self critical.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

KillHour posted:

A few weeks ago, a similar thing was floating around conservative media accusing lefties of astroturfing in the exact same way. Barring any solid proof, I'm calling bullshit.
Yeah, anyone could have posted that so I'm skeptical

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I took it to be someone planting the seeds of "all them protesters were FAKES hired by SOROS"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
friendly reminder there is just 1 day left to get the itchio racial justice bundle, now featuring over 1500 games for just 5 bucks

all proceeds go 50/50 to the Community Bail Fund and the NAACP Legal Defense fund

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The only reason it hasn't is they all know what will happen if they do. These turn from peaceful protests to all out angry mobs actually out to get them. Always remember these people are cowards. They don't want a fair fight since they know they would lose or what in actuality would happen which is they would be swarmed and torn limb from limb.

Also all of them don't want shooting to start since the last thing they want is Black, Brown and Leftists to start picking up arms to use against them. Remember the Second Amendment only works for them.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:golfclap:

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

I'm gonna go with this being a false false flag.

Therefore a true flag.

Or just, you know, a flag.

Flag.

Wave it, whatever the gently caress it means, woo!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Phobic Nest posted:

I'm gonna go with this being a false false flag.

Therefore a true flag.

Or just, you know, a flag.

Flag.

Wave it, whatever the gently caress it means, woo!

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Call me crazy.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1272361820058202114

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I like how this Manny Democrats thinks

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This was recommended way up thread, but you guys should really check out the It Could Happen Here podcast on the 2nd US Civil War. He brings up a lot of the contemporary history that these clashes are built out of. (Start from the bottom.)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, anyone could have posted that so I'm skeptical

then again, the law of projection.

Also some nobody nyc actors said a craiglist thiong appeared right before Donnie's Escalator moment.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1272395030125096961

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

War.

War never changes,

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I would pay good money to see Ron Perlman kick Gym Jordan's rear end by hitting him with Ted Cruz and Matt Gaetz

Just what the gently caress is happening? Why is the GOP Brain-Trust after Ron Perlman of all loving people? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

TulliusCicero posted:

I would pay good money to see Ron Perlman kick Gym Jordan's rear end by hitting him with Ted Cruz and Matt Gaetz

Just what the gently caress is happening? Why is the GOP Brain-Trust after Ron Perlman of all loving people? :psyduck:

They have very fragile feelings and Ron managed to hurt them. Being unable to actually win an argument, they choose picking to settle a disagreement with violence like the Neanderthals they are. And will probably get their asses kicked if it happens.