Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hodgepodge posted:

There's an interesting parallel here between Kat and Tony.

In-comic payoff came fast for this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
MORT TIME.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

pik_d posted:

In-comic payoff came fast for this post

certainly went from subtle to very not subtle p. quick there

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
It really gets my giggle as we get further context that in the midst of this intense intellectual crisis, Kat took a moment to point out that her reality-breaking time traveling bird robot was handsome

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
MORT

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No, this is actually happening. Zimmy is breaking space and rudely butting into the conversation after spending a couple hours breaking space to berate Tony.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Scholtz posted:

No, this is actually happening. Zimmy is breaking space and rudely butting into the conversation after spending a couple hours breaking space to berate Tony.

This is actually what I thought was happening at first.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prDOuzg8tgQ

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 13, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Gunnerkrigg Court: Annie Needs To Lighten Up A Little" would be a good thread title.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I fell off the wagon keeping up with this a few years back. Just spent all day reading it from the beginning again, enough time had passed.

drat! I stopped reading right before insane poo poo started! What a joyous time. I missed this comic a great deal. It's really kept up the quality!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hey Kat, just a wild and crazy idea here, but... what if you built two birds?

What if you built one bird but it gets sent back in time multiple times?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sankara posted:

I fell off the wagon keeping up with this a few years back. Just spent all day reading it from the beginning again, enough time had passed.

drat! I stopped reading right before insane poo poo started! What a joyous time. I missed this comic a great deal. It's really kept up the quality!

Congrats, now you get to wait 2-3 days for every page!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Reading all of Gunnerkrigg Court in a day gives you some strange dreams, let me tell ya.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sankara posted:

Reading all of Gunnerkrigg Court in a day gives you some strange dreams, let me tell ya.
If you want to get people reading all of Gunnerkrigg Court in a day, it's more effective to just post page 1 than to make promises.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

What what? two?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la0dLIZU6Po

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://i.imgur.com/VYcDVhv.gifv

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Annie isn't very good at this.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
Crazy theory: Zimmy is an alternate Kat.

Probably too on the nose, though.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

She's trying her best, though! This might not be the best moment to deal with how Kat relays her worries to Annies, but it's a valid point (especially considering that this time, Kat's worries made Paz lash out at Annies.)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Ditocoaf posted:

Each one of them using first person singular pronouns when they're two of the same person is probably not doing much to help Kat's sense of existential angst.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Two Annies sharing the same single brain cell.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
"Kat, your problems are my problems! And I fix my problems, just like I did with Jeanne!"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Donkringel posted:

"Kat, your problems are my problems! And I fix my problems, just like I did with Jeanne!"
"By finishing it on undoing a fatal injury."

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tom,

Small editing note: the last few chapters have been drawn with two Annies. Please fix your layers.

Thanks.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I made this about 5 years ago, back when Tony had just come back (wow, it's been 5 years???? :O) but never posted it. I doubt it'll ever be really relevant again so I'll just leave it here now:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who could it be?!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if Anthony is going to freak the gently caress out when he realises just how far Kat has delved and how ridiculous things are going to get.

Especially when she's like 'oh I was told this by the arbiter of possession one of the underlying beings administering the universe no biggie Annie and I see things like that all the time oh what's that you lost your hand on a three year quest to try to just talk to a psychopomp?'

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Who could it be?!

It's Diego.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
it's Vegeta.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's robot and it's going to end poorly

Just kidding it's Paz

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Anthony is going to freak the gently caress out when he realises just how far Kat has delved and how ridiculous things are going to get.

Especially when she's like 'oh I was told this by the arbiter of possession one of the underlying beings administering the universe no biggie Annie and I see things like that all the time oh what's that you lost your hand on a three year quest to try to just talk to a psychopomp?'
Did anyone ever say "Tony has a hands off parenting style"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
hahahaha Anthony really does seem like the most knowledgable person to talk to, but this still sounds like a terrible idea.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dr Subterfuge posted:

this still sounds like a terrible idea.

Well, it's an Annie idea.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MikeJF posted:

It's going to be fine, he has a sense of humor now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oops, this time loop thing actually caused your mom's death, Annie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kennel posted:

Oops, this time loop thing actually caused your mom's death, Annie.

Anthony instantly steals the time machine and heads back in time with some Plan B.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sorry for being dumb, why are people assuming it's Anthony? Was there a page I forgot where he talked about the birds?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's clearly Cityface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Macaluso posted:

Sorry for being dumb, why are people assuming it's Anthony? Was there a page I forgot where he talked about the birds?

Anthony was the one who discovered the Tic-tocs were robots. This is where I would have put a link to the page, but I don't actually remember when we learned that.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 17, 2020