Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Silver Falcon posted:

Anyway, yeah. Those are my houses...

this is seriously beautiful. I feel so energized by how creative people get with this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I've had a 5 star island for over a week and only have one lily of the valley, is that normal
Yes. The time it takes for them to appear is highly variable and a week is not unusual.

EDIT: I see a lot of speculation as to exactly how long — as little as 3 days and as much as 7 days I’ve seen online. Anyone know the true amount of time?

Fistful of Silence fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 15, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Cpt_Hygiene/status/1272606817525219329
My moment is finally here :woop:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

You're not a snake...and I'm not an alpaca...we're men, with names.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

You are always so very, very inventive with the scenes you set up. :captainpop:

Also... Holy gently caress, my island just hit 5 stars! Turns it it *was* possible to hold true to the notion of developed coastal areas, with wilder, less developed hinterlands.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I'm very lazy, also I just want you to gently caress off so I can get back to gameing!

Also please tell me at some point in this you can have all yer villagers go hog wild over the wedding?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I'm very lazy, also I just want you to gently caress off so I can get back to gameing!

Also please tell me at some point in this you can have all yer villagers go hog wild over the wedding?

I think on day 7 they ask you to bring in some villagers. I could only invite eight of them though.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

So how much does stuff laying around count against your island score? I thought I was doing good with only a single rotten turnip sitting out, but folks were still complaining and I remembered my Free DIY Zone also counts against me :sigh:

I set up stalls on my island and put the DIY recipes on them so they weren't just sitting on the ground. I'm not sure if it's the set-up of having the cards not being on the floor that saves it, or the fact that they're on furniture items that I built, but I have about 30 cards on stalls and a consistent 5 star rating.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Things have gotten so droll with the wedding event over the last few days that I've tried to find out what the best wedding item is to best fit the theme of someone ruining Reese and Cyrus' wedding by streaking through the reception/ceremony.

You can get some very artistic shots by utilizing the wedding sign and the back of the wedding chair if you manage to position a character juuust right behind the bars of either one.

Forget cute, chic and garden. This is the theme of the wedding now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ndMMYhmi0

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If anyone has a winter island open please post a dodo code! I’d love to surprise my gf with a visit, she has no idea snow is a thing in AC.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Ankha the Egyptian cat is in boxes, first come, first served. Saharah is also wandering around selling... something. I’ll also toss some DIY on the beach to the right of the airport if anyone wants them.

Dodo code: 5D801

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PSA: never give Ankha a hat, the golden terlet will be the first thing to go when she redecorates with it

night slime
May 14, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

PSA: never give Ankha a hat, the golden terlet will be the first thing to go when she redecorates with it

Pretty sure Pietro gave me back a clothing article I gave him so maybe it could come back somehow? Dunno

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I have Annalise in boxes if anyone wants a snooty pink-haired horse. Her house is to the west of the airport, over the bridge.

Raymond is making an ironwood bed. His house is at the top of the island.

There's fossils, DIYs and miscellaneous items in the giveaway area near the airport.

Dodo Code: MFC1R

Leif is visiting. Nooks don't have much (that loving yellow surfboard again) and neither do the Able sisters. I'll keep the gates open until 9:30pm EST and be semi-AFK, mostly checking in to see if the connection is holding up since it had problems last time I opened up.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Took these photos last night. It was easier for me to take photos on my iPad and upload them from there because I’m not logged into any apps on the Switch.

First, my main living room. I have a little comic drawing station to make it look like I’m productive, as well as some incense, a map, an imperial cabinet and other things to make it look like I’m more well travelled than I actually am. The wall not shown just has a pinball machine and my DIY table. Soundtrack is Drivin’.

Next is the kitchen. It’s pretty eclectic with a light theme of “fruit.” I want to keep the kitchen bright and sunny. I actually had a proper kitchenette for a while, but it’s one of those big square ones and didn’t quite fit with the layout I wanted, so I switched back to the dressers for counters. Soundtrack is Condor.

Now for the bathroom. This room has undergone some changes recently. I used to have the bamboo grove wall and a rattan flooring, but wanted to try out the new ocean stuff for summer. The wall of fish tanks includes a tuna, a koi, a guppy and allows for some extra privacy while using the toilet. Soundtrack is Marine Song.

Now to the bedrooms! The first one is the rose room. It’s still a little eclectic, but I hope to gradually make it more cohesive. Overall, it’s largely a space for elegant and classy things. Soundtrack is Animal City, which I think suits it very well.

The basement is my Japanese inspired suite. A perfect place for my haunted painting. Soundtrack is Jongara.

Finally, my upstairs is my spooky room. It’s got skulls, skeletons, fossils and a tarantula, and I finally got the fortune telling set.

And that is my humble home. I want to start a second profile at some point to make use of some nice furniture I have that I just don’t have a good space for.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 16, 2020

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

No? I've given her 2, and a scorpion and she still loves to greet me on the can.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ZarathustraFollower posted:

No? I've given her 2, and a scorpion and she still loves to greet me on the can.

That was the first thing she got rid of, it was such a crushing moment :negative:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

---

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 16, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Captain Hygiene posted:

That was the first thing she got rid of, it was such a crushing moment :negative:

well just gift her a bunch of golden toilets whats so hard about that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE RECIPE FOR MONTHS :negative::negative::negative:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE RECIPE FOR MONTHS :negative::negative::negative:

I'll make one or two for you if you want?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

A billion thanks to The White Dragon for solving my life's biggest problem :toot:

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I'll make one or two for you if you want?

And it's not necessary any more but thanks, this thread is the best :five:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TIL one of my initial rivers has a spot that's just narrow enough for me to jump over and I could've done a sequence break on day one.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

Opening up for a bit because Nook's has the grand piano (white) in stock and I'm bored.

I'll have some gold roses for picking up on beach right of the airport. I also have a trilobite, tricera torso, megacero skull, and quetzal torso for free, with some DIY and item.

Mint is making the palm tree lamp which IMO is freaking amazing and i love the neon colors your can make from it.

Not much else, bring a watering can if you don't mind watering the field patches of flowers around my island! I'll also take any hybrid flowers you wanna get rid of as well as any DIY you wanna dump on that beach.

Dodo: CLOSED

Imma be fishing.

Celeste just arrived! Same code, trapped on south beach by airport! SHE'S ON THE LOOSE she's trapped across from Nooks in my flower patch (please water lolol)

Gate will shut at 8pm PST!

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: mistyped code apparently :blush:

Anyway got in and out, thanks a bunch :tipshat:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 16, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Well I can’t speak for everyone but I know I’m proud I wasn’t the comm error on Chicken Doodle’s island :angel:

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Kinetica is flinging its gates wide open for visitors! The shops aren't that great today, but that's fine because there's lots of free stuff on the beach to the left of the airport! Come on by and check it out!

Dodo code:closed

I am also looking for red diner chair, black simple panel, black box corner sofa, and black box sofa. I will be AFK but if you could donate any of the above, you can drop it in front of my house. Thanks in advance.

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 16, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

E-flat posted:

Well I can’t speak for everyone but I know I’m proud I wasn’t the comm error on Chicken Doodle’s island :angel:

For once :colbert:

And closed! Thank you all for coming, y'all are such wonderful people, seriously. I had so much fun (even if I did lose my nova light recipe, oh well!)

Love you nerds!

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 16, 2020

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I'm nailing making snowmans clearly.

...okay the second one was a result of me screwing up I thought that first one looked okay but these snowguys got lessons from King of all Cosmos on judging my rolling capacity.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is there any way to boost gold nugget drops or is that strictly rng?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Anyone got genuine art on this list? I got NMTs, cash, a genuine Flowery painting, and other neat stuff to trade.

I have a spare Twinkling Painting if you're interested in trading a van Gogh for a van Gogh.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Redd showed up with four fakes, he’s the worst goddamn cousin.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Redd is here so I'm opening up Glitch for a bit so people can grab the remaining paintings. No idea if they're real or fake so you will just have to come by and see (bring a ladder). I have to go to work in the morning though so I'll be closing in around half an hour.

If you're going to buy the bass guitar at the Nooks please consider letting me touch it so I can get it from the catalog later. The other remaining item is a wall candle. Unlimited items are a life ring and a toy box.

Tailors have a cool t-shirt with a cat's head shooting lasers from it's eyes. just closed.

Turnip prices are poopoo.

Sylvia is making an Iron Garden Table

Free DIY near the entrance

I'm not interested in the current visitor to the campsite so feel free to swipe them if that's a thing people can do.

No tips needed but feel free to water the flowers in the flower fields (watering cans provided nearby) or draw something on my community board if you are so inclined. I'll mostly be afk.

Dodo code: CLOSED

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 16, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bob Socko posted:

Redd showed up with four fakes, he’s the worst goddamn cousin.

he cant be worse than cousin roman

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So I finished the dinosaur wing of my museum, after like a full two weeks of searching for a triceratops skull. I really hope I get some sort of cool award for that poo poo.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CherryCola posted:

So I finished the dinosaur wing of my museum, after like a full two weeks of searching for a triceratops skull. I really hope I get some sort of cool award for that poo poo.

:cawg:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Anyone got genuine art on this list? I got NMTs, cash, a genuine Flowery painting, and other neat stuff to trade.

I've got the Common and Dynamic paintings if you still need them.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I've got the Common and Dynamic paintings if you still need them.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I have a spare Twinkling Painting if you're interested in trading a van Gogh for a van Gogh.

Unfortunately it's specifically the "LF" category (for 'looking for') that I don't have, being the Amazing, Mysterious, Proper, and Wild paintings, plus the Motherly, Rock-head, Tremendous, and Robust statues I'm missing. That being said I do have a genuine Flowery kicking around if anyone wants to buy or trade for it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is there any way to boost gold nugget drops or is that strictly rng?

I've found they drop more frequently on nook islands than on yer own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Chicken Doodle posted:

Post your houses!
My house is an indie dev studio.

Main studio

Conference Room

Streaming space

Recreation area

There's also a Reception and a Kitchen but they are pretty run of the mill.