Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is there some internet forum somewhere full of decrepit boomers who are outraged that Mallard Filmore has gone the same route as Nancy and got a new writer who remembers to tell a joke?

Probably, but the commenters on Comics Kingdom (where MF is syndicated online) barely seemed to notice when the strip went into reruns. The strip is just an excuse for them to yell about whatever conservative talking point they're angry about that day, and if the reader is lucky it's tangentially related to what's in the day's strip.

Anyway.

2 hello, two-week delay and predictable missing the point

No human has ever been killed by a hammerhead shark, and there have been 17 total unprovoked hammerhead attacks on humans in the last four hundred and fifty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they're not hammerheads and that's just how regular sharks faces end up looking in ramirez's art style

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe they're not hammerheads and that's just how regular sharks faces end up looking in ramirez's art style

:hmmyes:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/PrivateHellNYC/status/1272235726629933059?s=20

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is a fun little comic. I hope Tinsely stays gone.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
usually this person just does a bunch of "this is what people are saying" comics but i gotta say i like this one

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I fell off for a while, what happened to Tinsley?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

sub supau posted:

Oops did a racism too loud

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/justinsight/status/1232196230211440640?s=19

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Oops did a racism too loud

managing to come off as more racist than the person you were trying to say is antisemitic is a powerful self own

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

No human has ever been killed by a hammerhead shark, and there have been 17 total unprovoked hammerhead attacks on humans in the last four hundred and fifty years.

Biden also appears to be a hammerhead shark in this drawing so I don't know why he'd be worried

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

sub supau posted:

No one knows officially, but he disappeared around the time he put out a comic attempting to show... I think it was Ilhan Omar? As antisemitic but at a glance just looked like he was insulting jews.

If that is the reason, it's a great bout of irony that after years of getting away with dog-whistle racism because it looks innocuous if you don't really read it, he gets taken down by a dumb-but-not-particularly-vile opinion presented in a way that looks terrible if you just skim it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

cant cook creole bream posted:

This is a fun little comic. I hope Tinsely stays gone.

Yeah, this legitimately belongs in the comic section of a newspaper.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's have a Comics Kingdom catchup of Mike peters. This isn't everything, just his site is fucky about copying and also smaller rez.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

COW SLAUGHTER HOUSE

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Libra posted:

COW SLAUGHTER HOUSE

No no it's COW'S LAUGHTER HOUSE, they're going to see some light standup.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jesus Christ, I'm having trouble finding the words to express how horrifying this was to read.

Someone said this, someone thought these words and decided they were appropriate and good things to say out loud in a public place while they were being recorded.

Defund the police.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is there some internet forum somewhere full of decrepit boomers who are outraged that Mallard Filmore has gone the same route as Nancy and got a new writer who remembers to tell a joke?
Facebook.

wizzardstaff posted:

No no it's COW'S LAUGHTER HOUSE, they're going to see some light standup.
"What's the deal with cud?"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They’re on their way to Bovine University.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

They’re on their way to Bovine University.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This just in: the SC ruled that discrimination against LGBTQIA+ people in the workplace is illegal.

I cannot wait for the fundie comics this will spawn :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mikl posted:

This just in: the SC ruled that discrimination against LGBTQIA+ people in the workplace is illegal.

I cannot wait for the fundie comics this will spawn :allears:

i for one could go the rest of my life without seeing more "giant hairy man with evil look wearing dress walks into women's restroom" cartoons

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Tom Stiglich has been whining about freedom of speech ever since his racist June 10 comic got pulled from GoComics (and his own site) and caused apologies and at least one resignation from the editors of papers that ran it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Tulsa has to keep true to its heritage. I wonder how many people realized that the opening of the Watchmen series was based on real events...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Holy poo poo really? I didn't check it out because I figured a tv show adaptation would have no 'bite'.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

By popular demand posted:

Holy poo poo really? I didn't check it out because I figured a tv show adaptation would have no 'bite'.
It's more of a continuation and it's really good.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

If Watchmen has one thing, it's bite.

e: forgive the title of the first video. it should be "massacre" not "race riot"

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 15, 2020

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
That's one lovely loving bird. Is its neck growing out of its armpit? Gross

Clinton laundered money, Obama laundered money, an anonymous intermediate president laundered money,

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1272540098442211329?s=19

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's basically copaganda, so it has bite, but in the wrong direction.

At one point it makes a direct analogy between black people being murdered by the state and police being killed by criminals because the government made it harder to pull out their guns.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I think I get what this is trying to convey, but all I see are fist dildos.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

OAquinas posted:

I think I get what this is trying to convey,

That puts you above me. All I can see is a turnbuckle with white person arm ropes, but that can't be right.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think it's saying that whenever minorities actually start demanding equality, for every white guy who expresses actual support, another seven pop out of the woodwork with no goal but to beat the minority back down.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Grenfell Tower and the Black Lives Matter protests – UK marks third anniversary of fire that killed 72 people, at a time of heightened tensions across the world in response to the killing of George Floyd"

Telegraph:

Queues on high streets as non-essential shops reopen in England

Matt:

Independent:

Johnson looking at 'margin for manoeuvre' on 2-metre rule in England

Times:

Evening Standard:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

2 hello, two-week delay and predictable missing the point
George Floyd died. If you speak out against property damage but not the loss of life that precipitated it you are endorsing the moral calculus of the slaveholder. This is propaganda for apartheid.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Shugojin posted:

i for one could go the rest of my life without seeing more "giant hairy man with evil look wearing dress walks into women's restroom" cartoons

our lovely uk government has leaked plans to copy the usa and start legislating on bathrooms and "single-sex spaces" so uh, might be a few more in coming months from here. hooray

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I love Rainbow Snake.