Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

still very funny to me ea has the exclusive rights to star wars games and own bioware but wont do kotor

it would suck anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i did church crime and now it's the future in fe3h (short for fire emblem 3 houses) and here's my hair opinions now

byleth - awful color. come on
edelgard - do not like to see it. tauntaun looking leia hair havin pagliacci
hubert - gonna say downgrade but not by much. just too messy for me
ferdinand - get a haircut !! not noble come on !!!!!
linhardt - not bad. went from like one classical composer style to another. bach to mozart i dunno any of them sorry
caspar - wow !! big energy !! looks kind of like sonic actually. i give it an A
bernadetta - i can work wit hthe front but then i saw the back :whitewater:
dorothea - looks okay. not doing anything with it really. kind of miss her hat
petra - prefer the big braid
felix - miss the tokugawa shogunate samurai bun
sylvain - 90s center part guys had in the 90s
mercedes - mercedes........... no................... :negative:
annette - annette !! this hair is so good !! deffo the best improvement
raphael - kind of the same but the tiny bit more just works so well
marianne - it looks exactly like her old hair except someone forgot to draw the locks on the side. old hair better but she doesn't look like she's been awake for 10 days anymore

not in my party but i looked it up:

leonie - new hair looks good

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I was already excited as gently caress for Squadrons and then I saw that the indicators in the X-Wing were a callback to the ELS display from the PC games and I got even more excited.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't is because Disney doesn't consider the KOTOR storyline part of the canon anymore

The Old Republic MMO is still going too, no

PunkBoy posted:

I was already excited as gently caress for Squadrons and then I saw that the indicators in the X-Wing were a callback to the ELS display from the PC games and I got even more excited.

I feel like this was designed to provoke the same reaction from us as the geoscape globe in the XCOM trailer was, even if it's not direct gameplay yet it's like "We got u fam"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

i did church crime and now it's the future in fe3h (short for fire emblem 3 houses) and here's my hair opinions now

byleth - awful color. come on
edelgard - do not like to see it. tauntaun looking leia hair havin pagliacci
hubert - gonna say downgrade but not by much. just too messy for me
ferdinand - get a haircut !! not noble come on !!!!!
linhardt - not bad. went from like one classical composer style to another. bach to mozart i dunno any of them sorry
caspar - wow !! big energy !! looks kind of like sonic actually. i give it an A
bernadetta - i can work wit hthe front but then i saw the back :whitewater:
dorothea - looks okay. not doing anything with it really. kind of miss her hat
petra - prefer the big braid
felix - miss the tokugawa shogunate samurai bun
sylvain - 90s center part guys had in the 90s
mercedes - mercedes........... no................... :negative:
annette - annette !! this hair is so good !! deffo the best improvement
raphael - kind of the same but the tiny bit more just works so well
marianne - it looks exactly like her old hair except someone forgot to draw the locks on the side. old hair better but she doesn't look like she's been awake for 10 days anymore

not in my party but i looked it up:

leonie - new hair looks good

Never got to the time skip so I looked all these up, and yes every rating here is 100% percent spot-on

Except dunno why anyone liked Mercedes in the first place but that’s neither here nor there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium how do you feel about being the Claude of the chat thread Three IKs

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Woooo!! I am glad you are back :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

looked up and here are my points of disagreement:

hubert: new is better
linhardt: old is way better
raphael: new one is a gross mullet, old one better
leonie: too much more, inbetween old and new would be perfect

thank you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

Never got to the time skip so I looked all these up, and yes every rating here is 100% percent spot-on

Except dunno why anyone liked Mercedes in the first place but that’s neither here nor there

she likes ghost stories

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i don't know anything about him except he loses to me at every opportunity

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s weird that in the missions that are explicitly training exercises, you get a game over if you lose

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also the post-timeskip hairs are basically like the every Pokémon’s final evolution, which is to say, uglier and angrier

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like this was designed to provoke the same reaction from us as the geoscape globe in the XCOM trailer was, even if it's not direct gameplay yet it's like "We got u fam"

Oh yeah, and I definitely fell for it haha. Someone on Twitter said that the arrows underneath them may mean some sort of D-pad controls, so that would be cool.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Also the post-timeskip hairs are basically like the every Pokémon’s final evolution, which is to say, uglier and angrier

oh really huh

hm so these swoshi kings and queens are ugly and angry to you? very interesting.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Post their baby forms so I can see

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

post this:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

oh really huh

hm so these swoshi kings and queens are ugly and angry to you? very interesting.

all of their baby forms are better but the first two are good too. evolved dog is unconscionable

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the trans flag witch Pokemon was a star player on my team and I believe it kills people who are too loud

One of the greats imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

evolved doggy is extremely good actually, a very good boy and handsome

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played about 45 minutes of the last guardian last night, and got out of the first little area, then went along a cliff, into a building, and got the monster through a large doorway into the building. When does it get good? Does it get good? I played ico for a long time (like 6 hours) and never really got into it, it just seems like a slog. Last guardian seems a bit better, but not grabbing me yet.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you didn't like ico I doubt you're going to get into TLG

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Woooo!! I am glad you are back :D

Hello!

I will get a new avatar soon as it feels extremely weird to not have one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

oh really huh

Sparkledog lookin rear end.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So does the Supreme Edition count as two tags or one

2 tags

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hello!

I will get a new avatar soon as it feels extremely weird to not have one

please hurry up i am going to give you a real bad one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm well I guess I have to find someone with the Knack Pack tag to get the url for it soon!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I accidentally played 4 hours of persona tonight

Game is good, its very cathartic following a guide when i half arsed the original

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Extremely disappointed there was no Knack 3 announcement. Hopefully in development but it will be so amazing that Sony wont be done with it until near the end of the PS5 life span.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Friendship with Knack ended, now BFFs with Lizbert Megafig.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

redreader posted:

I played about 45 minutes of the last guardian last night, and got out of the first little area, then went along a cliff, into a building, and got the monster through a large doorway into the building. When does it get good? Does it get good? I played ico for a long time (like 6 hours) and never really got into it, it just seems like a slog. Last guardian seems a bit better, but not grabbing me yet.

This is pretty much the entire game- coaxing the monster through various obstacles and over to where you want to go. Sometimes you have to let it do a special thing to unblock you, sometimes you have to survive while it kills enemies for you, sometimes you have to save it from a hazard, but the basic structure is just variations on what you've seen already.

All the Team Ico games involve prolonged periods of quiet downtime followed by emotional manipulation, if it's not for you it's not for you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Extremely disappointed there was no Knack 3 announcement. Hopefully in development but it will be so amazing that Sony wont be done with it until near the end of the PS5 life span.

At this point I think there's more people who (un)ironically like Knack as a character more than people who would call themselves a fan of the Sackboy/Sackgirl character. Huge Sackperson fans. Huge, huge sack fans. Sackies they call them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/arbychief/status/1272590392739991552?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At this point I think there's more people who (un)ironically like Knack as a character more than people who would call themselves a fan of the Sackboy/Sackgirl character. Huge Sackperson fans. Huge, huge sack fans. Sackies they call them.

Sackboy is infinitely more merchandisable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just going to put this here https://twitch.tv/adorablestars

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you have two gang tags are you also allowed to have avatar text

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah yes, macarthur parkachu

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have two gang tags are you also allowed to have avatar text

Ye

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am not going to read Mercedes slander on forums dot Something Awful dot com this evening. She and I are married.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tbh I can't believe that I asked videogames to make this gangtag and i was convinced it would be super popular, but i'm the only person who has ever had it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Sackboy is infinitely more merchandisable.

Sackboy looks like refuse. I dont mean its ugly, I mean it looks like actual laying around garbage. Its something about the roughness of the material its constructed out of, it looks like burlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If sackboy was yarn he'd be 10x cuter.