Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Totally unrelated to anything in particular, I finally heard Scott Adams speak in a youtube video and he's exactly as douchey sounding as you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tucker is selling his ownership stake in The Daily Caller

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1270782563636981760?s=21

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PT6A posted:

How do they square being upset about "snowflakes" with getting offended by tea companies and loving Sesame Street?

"hahaha look at all these liberal soyboys! ...A CHILDREN'S TV SHOW MADE ME SAD! :qq:"

They don't expect anyone to dig. Only the TRUE BELIEVERS dig in and TRULY BELIEVE, and ignore the utter nonsense.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LloydDobler posted:

Totally unrelated to anything in particular, I finally heard Scott Adams speak in a youtube video and he's exactly as douchey sounding as you would expect.

my dad bought his Win Bigly book and was telling me about it, I pretended I didn't know who Scott Adams is

my dad described him as a left-wing guy who actually made sense (didn't like Bernie Sanders, etc), I asked him what's left wing about him then and the answer was that he was fine with gay rights

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Cops is bigoted, cruel, violent propaganda, which is why it's relevant to this thread, and it being canceled is the best thing to happen to TV since Netflix forced producers to write their shows better.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ragnar34 posted:

Cops is bigoted, cruel, violent propaganda, which is why it's relevant to this thread, and it being canceled is the best thing to happen to TV since Netflix forced producers to write their shows better.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Okay well maybe that one's an outdated or bizarre opinion, but my view is that internet TV had so many inherent advantages over the old delivery model that the old producers had to go and find an edge. They chose the novel option of putting out better-written content, hence the trend of prestige TV.

I can't remember whether I got that one from a textbook chapter on media studies or a Medium essay or what, so I hope you're not looking for a more substantive or coherent argument here.

I'm trying to tie this into right wing media. Uh... this means Netflix indirectly caused West Wing? So I guess part of the reason the Obama administration couldn't govern is because they got West Wing poisoning, which happened because Netflix drove Sorkin into the arms of OG TV, giving centrists free reign to cede every political narrative to the right. So on the same principle that Kevin Bacon is relevant to every Hollywood movie, Netflix helped ruin healthcare reform and gave rightists another angle of attack.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm trying to tie this into right wing media. Uh... this means Netflix indirectly caused West Wing? So I guess part of the reason the Obama administration couldn't govern is because they got West Wing poisoning, which happened because Netflix drove Sorkin into the arms of OG TV, giving centrists free reign to cede every political narrative to the right. So on the same principle that Kevin Bacon is relevant to every Hollywood movie, Netflix helped ruin healthcare reform and gave rightists another angle of attack.

Uhh, The West Wing ended in 2006. Netflix didn't start its streaming service until 2007, and it didn't start producing original content until 2013.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

my dad bought his Win Bigly book and was telling me about it, I pretended I didn't know who Scott Adams is

my dad described him as a left-wing guy who actually made sense (didn't like Bernie Sanders, etc), I asked him what's left wing about him then and the answer was that he was fine with gay rights

I'm guessing he likes weed, too, which puts him in the Bill Maher camp.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

RememberYourMantra posted:

Uhh, The West Wing ended in 2006. Netflix didn't start its streaming service until 2007, and it didn't start producing original content until 2013.

yeah seriously. the wire started in 2002

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

drat dude, sorry. How's holidays at your house? Do you ever gently caress with your dad on purpose, like say poo poo like, I can't support you as my father if you're giving money to that left wing shill Scott Adams dad!

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1271062669215268866?s=20

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jurgan posted:

I'm guessing he likes weed, too, which puts him in the Bill Maher camp.

I doubt Scott is a weed guy. He seems to much a square.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

So they basically hired everyone's aunt on Facebook.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RememberYourMantra posted:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah seriously. the wire started in 2002

Causality is for cowards

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm trying to find it but NPR was holding a Q and A yesterday with A reporter who covered Chicago Police and the FOP president (a guy who was righter than the radical right guy he beat to get the position) and he was slamming Gov JB Pritzker for making the police enforce the "unconsitutional" stay at home orders and I'm just thinking: If they're unconstitutional, and you enforced them anyways, what does that make you?

Here it is: Reset with Jenn White. This guy is a lunatic (the FOP prez).
https://www.wbez.org/shows/reset-with-jenn-white/680cd4c4-0704-42a1-8b6e-1cf8652df9d0

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 12, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm trying to find it but NPR was holding a Q and A yesterday with A reporter who covered Chicago Police and the FOP president (a guy who was righter than the radical right guy he beat to get the position) and he was slamming Gov JB Pritzker for making the police enforce the "unconsitutional" stay at home orders and I'm just thinking: If they're unconstitutional, and you enforced them anyways, what does that make you?

FYI, that's all FOP presidents. The one in Cincinnati last year blamed a spree of unrelated shootings on rap videos on YouTube. I'm not even making this up.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Iron Crowned posted:

FYI, that's all FOP presidents. The one in Cincinnati last year blamed a spree of unrelated shootings on rap videos on YouTube. I'm not even making this up.

I mean that during the segment the reporter guy says "So and so was seen as a far right conservative when he got elected and then Current Guy ran to the right of him" I know they're all probably some level of crazy, as they're literally professional bootlickers advocating for whatever gets the highest quantity of tongues on boots.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Really, any police-centric organization. After that Cleveland pig murdered Tamir Rice, the (former) head of the city's pork union went around loudly proclaiming that ANY time you get beaten, tazed, or shot shot by a cop, it was 100% your fault. He wouldn't even pretend to leave that tiny "maybe one time in a million" door open. He also obsessed over Tamir Rice weighing 160 pounds, because apparently cops should be allowed to hunt children as long as they don't bag any under the limit.

Edit: The cops later held a "community outreach" event where a pig had the nerve to say, "We need you to work with us so this stops happening." He did this with Rice's mother in the audience. She very reasonably asked, "Why do you need us to teach you how to not shoot unarmed children?"

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 12, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/2damntrans/status/1271573271629172736

I love this picture so much

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

wait... is he alive and still on his insane diet?? or is this an old picture?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wait... is he alive and still on his insane diet?? or is this an old picture?

His eyes can still focus in that photo.

It's definitely before he went to Russia to rapid detox by having his brain melted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

No that is an old photo. He's probably dead now.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FlamingLiberal posted:

No that is an old photo. He's probably dead now.

I had a joke in mind but gently caress it, I hope the stupid gently caress really is dead, or at least self-aware enough to realize he's in pain and incapable of doing anything about it or even coherently voicing his distress

ALL HAIL THE DRAGON OF CHAOS, WHICH IS FEMININE IN NATURE

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1270701316784996354

EDIT:

Also, wondered when this would take would hit.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 13, 2020

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, wondered when this would take would hit.

Fox News is carefully crafted so that if you're not already as brainrotted as the target audience, then just seeing snapshots of their output causes enough strokes to make your brain on the level of their audience.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To be honest though Kayleigh Macanacanaca or w/e his dumbshit press spokes is said that last week and his chuds have been saying that Floyd's killer is just the new James Comey.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's definitely been a steady push from the right that Trump knows black people's pain because he too has been a victim of the corrupt legal system from that time he was impeached.

Its basically a part of the whole "you're mad at the wrong people/protesting wrong" push.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 13, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

STAC Goat posted:

There's definitely been a steady push from the right that Trump knows black people's pain because he too has been a victim of the corrupt legal system from that time he was impeached.

Reminds me of that German Postillion article. Let me translate it…

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Fox News publishes digitally altered and misleading images of Seattle demonstrations

In other photos that showed the scene in Seattle, Fox News digitally added an image of a man armed with an assault rifle.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/media/seattle-fox-news-autonomous-zone-protest/index.html

quote:

"We have replaced our photo illustration with the clearly delineated images of a gunman and a shattered storefront, both of which were taken this week in Seattle's autonomous zone," a Fox News spokesperson told the newspaper.

The Seattle Times, however, reported that the statement was inaccurate. The newspaper pointed out that "the gunman photo was taken June 10, while storefront images it was melded with were datelined May 30 by Getty Images."

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 14, 2020

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
mmmmmm ot sure if that photoshop is a step up down or horizontal from their photoshoping noses and faces of some now noname Dem politician from the W term.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

mmmmmm ot sure if that photoshop is a step up down or horizontal from their photoshoping noses and faces of some now noname Dem politician from the W term.

They were reporters and FOX News said it was a "joke"

https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/photoshopping-for-evil-fox-news-makes-ny-times-reporters-ugly

ha ha

Get it? Everyone get the funny joke? These guys are ugly and hideous.

Come on. Lighten up, libs.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Speaking of the cunts at FOX, I've been reading Sarah Kendzior's book and came across this passage. I just had to come and post it in this thread:

Sarah Kendzior posted:

In 1987, the FCC repealed the Fairness Doctrine, a 1949 policy that had required broadcast networks to present controversial issues of public importance in a manner that was—in the FCC’s view—fair and balanced. Republicans successfully argued that the Fairness Doctrine was an attack on journalistic freedom, and both Reagan and Bush thwarted efforts by Congress to keep the doctrine intact. This repeal happened as 24-hour cable news arrived, and foreign behemoths, like Rupert Murdoch’s Fox, landed in the United States. Fox TV was formed in 1986, one year before the Fairness Doctrine was repealed, and Fox News launched a decade later in 1996. According to New Yorker journalist Jane Mayer, Fox News founder Roger Ailes created the network to ensure Watergate-style accountability would not happen again to a president he supported.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Turned on Glenn Beck this morning and they were talking about how they wished the protesters would be more educated. They were like "There's videos of media asking the protesters how many black men have been killed by police and the protesters thought it was thousands or tens of thousands but it actually isn't! People should learn the facts before they go out and protest!"

And then not even five minutes later they were discussing someone mentioning black families having to give The Talk to their kids and how it was horrible, and were like "How is that horrible? I give that talk to my kids all the time and I'm white!" and Glenn said "Well I don't know because I'm a white guy but I'm going to tell you what I think it means." If only he would learn the facts before he hosted a radio show.

For the record, his co-host (I think it was probably Stu) thought The Talk was "Police are putting their lives on the line to protect you and your family, so just don't do anything bad and you won't have to worry about them hurting you. As long as you act polite and treat them with respect you will be just fine."

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAQnWxLT6Qk

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Turned on Glenn Beck this morning and they were talking about how they wished the protesters would be more educated. They were like "There's videos of media asking the protesters how many black men have been killed by police and the protesters thought it was thousands or tens of thousands but it actually isn't! People should learn the facts before they go out and protest!"

And then not even five minutes later they were discussing someone mentioning black families having to give The Talk to their kids and how it was horrible, and were like "How is that horrible? I give that talk to my kids all the time and I'm white!" and Glenn said "Well I don't know because I'm a white guy but I'm going to tell you what I think it means." If only he would learn the facts before he hosted a radio show.

For the record, his co-host (I think it was probably Stu) thought The Talk was "Police are putting their lives on the line to protect you and your family, so just don't do anything bad and you won't have to worry about them hurting you. As long as you act polite and treat them with respect you will be just fine."

They don't believe what they say. They know the cops are bad, they know they support fascists, they don't care. The expression "the winners write history" is how they're thinking about everything. If they are forever in power, they are forever right.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Glenn Beck is the most obvious charlatan of them all because he tried to pivot when Trump won and that failed so he went back.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Mark Levin also called himself a never-Trumper, and went on multiple rants about how Trump winning the party nomination would be the end of the GOP. But then he won, and coincidentally saw the light. They don't care about national outcomes and on some level know that they get more viewers when democrats are in power.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The only Never Trumpers still out there have pivoted to just selling awful books to dumb liberals

The rest bent the knee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only Never Trumpers still out there have pivoted to just selling awful books to dumb liberals

The rest bent the knee

Nah Rubin and George F. Will are hornyposting in WaPos op-eds about Biden and have been for ages.