Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Jestery posted:

I will always remember when he was mocap actor for crazy frog

He was also the mocap actor for the crazy frog understudy.

Which means that NVJ was once his own assistant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

And he got fired from that job for loving his boss’s girlfriend

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Probably should have taken the mocap suit off first hey.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Fuckface the Hedgehog posted:

He was also the mocap actor for the crazy frog understudy.

Which means that NVJ was once his own assistant.

He was the secretary to the head of the mocap union too

The mocap balls took a while to get off his little Budo too

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonviolent J cleans the dirt off the giant keyboard on the A*mazing set.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Jestery posted:

He was the secretary to the head of the mocap union too

The mocap balls took a while to get off his little Budo too

small Budoo energy

DPM fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 15, 2020

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
hey quick question, does anyone in this thread give a gently caress about captain cook?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i don't even really know what his deal was besides the vague concept that he was the mayor of the first white guy boat that arrived?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Only in the sense we give a gently caress about a butcher's hook.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

thatbastardken posted:

hey quick question, does anyone in this thread give a gently caress about captain cook?

I mean he hosed over my native peoples and the native peoples of my current country

So I mean like I'm not the biggest fan. I wouldn't care if people power topples a few capt cook staues

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think the way he died was pretty cool tbh

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

got et by the very people he was constantly murdering

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Ford's how he lived, made of meat

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving hey it's been a long day

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Start using budoo instead of oval office on that thread

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I went to the place where he died in Hawaii. It was a longer walk than we had anticipated and ended up walking home in the dark. Also the path isn't that well maintained and some bloke who lived nearby would cut the long grass so you could walk the trail. The only other way to get there is by boat.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I went to the place where he died in Hawaii. It was a longer walk than we had anticipated and ended up walking home in the dark. Also the path isn't that well maintained and some bloke who lived nearby would cut the long grass so you could walk the trail. The only other way to get there is by boat.

that is quite interesting, thank you. i'd be real careful getting off the boat if you go there though

re-enactors could be anywhere

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
NVJ was captain cooks local hawaiian fixer, translator and bodyguard

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

NVJ provisioned Cook's ship with hawaiian pizzas

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

where he first landed at Kurnell there is a monument that has half a quote from Joseph Banks or some one else that makes it sound like they have some trace of decency towards indigenous aussies.

then you go into the museum and see the full quote and its like 'lol nah we racist as gently caress'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't talk about cook without thinking of that goon that bought a hundred acres of land on Hawaii and pretended it was prime farming land to convince goons to come out and work for him

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Their tree clearing machine got stolen even though they chained it to a tree

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I might have purchased a big block of land I cannot conceivably keep control over but I go back and read that dudes story whenever I get overwhelmed and feel like a gently caress up and need to put my life into context

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I might have purchased a big block of land I cannot conceivably keep control over but I go back and read that dudes story whenever I get overwhelmed and feel like a gently caress up and need to put my life into context

Got a link?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Isaac posted:

Definitely a goon tradition

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The next time you feel overwhelmed I want you to stop, take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for two seconds, then breathe out through your mouth, and then make a thread asking for goon volunteers to come help you work your land.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac posted:

I mean I can see what happened here. why couldnt he?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You should do a big effort post about your land when you can't be hosed working it for a bit.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i personally secure my bolt cutters with a chain and padlock

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't really do enough with it to justify an effort post tbh but coming into spring I'm gonna have some sick looking flower beds I'll be sure to get some snaps of. I spend most of my time ripping Lantana and blackjack daisies out more than actually doing anything with it. I like to try to keep the back half down enough that roos do the rest of the work for me. They don't like long grass but if you cut it too short they eat somewhere else before they come through and they just hang out sunning their balls and you don't get as many of their turds, which form the backbone of my composting system since I don't have chooks yet. I will probably do a garden stream at some point tho

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 16, 2020

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
how do you deal with lantana? just take it out by hand, or do you know of another way of dealing with a place that is absolutely infested with it?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I did the camera by hand luckily they're all new growths from the big shrubs next door before they were poisoned, the montevidensis (sp?) is a bit trickier and a bit more established so I got a butane stick for it. That in co junction with the solar method where I basically stake down plastic garden bags and water the poo poo down and the sun boils it gets it done.

If the camera shrubs are established you're basically looking at earthworks to get em out BC they grow massive gnarled central stumps that are a nightmare to get rid of and they flower all year round in good conditions so they'll come right back

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 16, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i took some photos so youse can make fun of me for describing it as a decent sized amount of land. They're big sorry for not resizing them but i'm tired

this is the bathtub I asserted my rights of scavenge to some dickhead in a porsche suv for

this is a nice contrasting shot of my yard with my neighbours. tbf he's a lazy oval office about the lantana but he does actually cut his grass properly to his credit

flowers (alyssium)

flowers and dog who likes to piss on flowers

Pile of gravel

this hibiscus got way to fuckin big and had to o many flowers and he kind of wrenched himself out of the soil and exposed his roots so I just dumped dirt and rocks on it and prunced it a bit. she'll be right.

this was a surprisingly good shot for auto settings except for the fact the sunflower looks sad as gently caress

same lantana camera bushes as previous shots. its the thicket choking the two big trees. I think these are 4m tall at least.

pikey carvan, with bonus neighbour's shed who always falls for the "hey who sings this one? oh yeah? lets keep it that way huh" gambit without fail

wallaby turds

wide shot of the lantana next door

not much edible stuff apart from herbs and flowers have come up during autumn and winter but snow peas are ready for eating

I believe I have talked about the tetanus mobile itt before

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Man those wallabies don't give a gently caress

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Strong Australia energy in those images

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That bathtub is quality. Mum had two full of flowers and herbs and stuff growing up.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Korgan posted:

Man those wallabies don't give a gently caress

They know my dog doesn't wander so they come right up without fear and they're also smart enough to know when she's out on a lead and dont bother hoofing it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If roos ate meat I'd legit be scared of them they're loving smart oricks outside of mating season, when they will literally impale themselves on fence posts trying to chase women

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I did the camera by hand luckily they're all new growths from the big shrubs next door before they were poisoned, the montevidensis (sp?) is a bit trickier and a bit more established so I got a butane stick for it. That in co junction with the solar method where I basically stake down plastic garden bags and water the poo poo down and the sun boils it gets it done.

If the camera shrubs are established you're basically looking at earthworks to get em out BC they grow massive gnarled central stumps that are a nightmare to get rid of and they flower all year round in good conditions so they'll come right back

Thanks, I was just thinking of my mum's 40 acres which is infested with the stuff and has been for 3 decades. Poison and pulling them up doesn't seem to do much because I think the soil must have so many seeds it just comes right back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That's a decent chunk of land.

You know what would keep things nice and tidy? A swarm of goats.

And you can eat them when they're done.