Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Elderbean posted:

Any recommended reading on the CIA? Im becoming more and more of an insufferable radical lefty so I'm enjoying any reading on corruption between state and capital.

check out this thread and read the book https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912835&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

yeah CHAOS fuckin owns and is a great first dip with the ubiquity of Charles manson. we should have a go-to book post but others I know suggested here when I asked include the Franklin Scandal (Nick Bryant), anything by Dave McGowan, legacy of ashes, devil’s chessboard, also the Jakarta Method that just came out

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lmao hold on what

I have archives. Link??

I don't have a link and the map of what AIDS city would look like is probably long gone.

fake edit: lol it made the front page

quote:

"Hi, I think that there is a good way to stop AIDS from spreading in the US that would cost less money than research and that would guarantee some result. I think the best way to stop AIDS would be to use a quarantine. Please keep these things in mind:
1. This does not mean that I want to start executing people or doing Hitlerrific stuff. This just happens to be my version of compassion. I think it is compassion for the majority and the mentally healthy, and for people we care about.
2. This isn't some backhanded way of getting rid of male receivers or ethnic groups. It's about getting rid of a virus and protecting the mentally unstable.
3. This may be unusual, but that doesn't mean it's a joke. I'm trying to be earnest and I will appreciate good feedback.

The first step is to build a proper city for the protection and containment of all AIDS infected and HIV confirmed persons. The city would be built in some sparsely populated and moderately temperatured area of the US. It would be divided into different sections to keep people with different afflictions resulting from or contributing to the AIDS problem.

The city itself would be surrounded by high walls with city police manning them." and it just keeps going from that.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Gotta wonder what drives a person to commit horrific crimes for the government. Does the CIA just attract a particular kind of psychopath?

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Gotta wonder what drives a person to commit horrific crimes for the government. Does the CIA just attract a particular kind of psychopath?

they probably have a selection process to identify and recruit them

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Charles Mansion posted:

they probably have a selection process to identify and recruit them

there’s a reason almost all of them come from a handful of specific universities

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't have a link and the map of what AIDS city would look like is probably long gone.

fake edit: lol it made the front page

I was going to say if there was a map, maybe it was just Zybourne Clock, but lol

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Moreover, how do you even begin to compartmentalize and relax when you're an agent just chilling at home? We know all of these people are spying on each other constantly or looking for opportunities to blackmail someone for political gain. You'd never make a single real friend, your marriage is probably a sham, your house is bugged.

Why do it? I'd crack-ping every second.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Elderbean posted:

Moreover, how do you even begin to compartmentalize and relax when you're an agent just chilling at home? We know all of these people are spying on each other constantly or looking for opportunities to blackmail someone for political gain. You'd never make a single real friend, your marriage is probably a sham, your house is bugged.

it’s because you have what we, in the lower classes, call empathy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Elderbean posted:

quote:

"But I'd guess that at least one thing an automaton lacks is empathy; if you can't feel, you can't really relate to something that does, even if you act as though you do. Which makes it interesting to note how many sociopaths show up in the world's upper echelons, hmm? How ruthlessness and bottom-line self-interest are so lauded up in the stratosphere, while anyone showing those traits at ground level gets carted off into detention with the Realists. Almost as if society itself is being reshaped from the inside out."

"Oh, come on. Society was always pretty— wait, you're saying the world's corporate elite are nonsentient?"

"God, no. Not nearly. Maybe they're just starting down that road. Like chimpanzees."

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

One thing that always baffles me about the rich, having multiple homes and staff. I feel like I'd never be at home with a bunch of other people around who exist to serve me, much less with multiple huge houses that I have no real connection to.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Feel like this needs the rest of the quote to really land

quote:

"Yeah, but sociopaths don't blend in well."

"Maybe the ones that get diagnosed don't, but by definition they're the bottom of the class. The others are too smart to get caught, and real automatons would do even better. Besides, when you get powerful enough, you don't need to act like other people. Other people start acting like you."

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

at first I thought they were saying it was the same EXACT plane, not just the same model

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Elderbean posted:

One thing that always baffles me about the rich, having multiple homes and staff. I feel like I'd never be at home with a bunch of other people around who exist to serve me, much less with multiple huge houses that I have no real connection to.

If you're wealthy and you didn't just pop into existence a few seconds ago, you probably have to realize that all the material and logistical security you have are the result of other people, essentially, serving you. If you spend long enough knowing this, you must get comfortable with it, to the point where you don't feel so much the need to have a place to "call your own" because that's just anywhere where people will serve you, and there are plenty. You're free from scarcity.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
you know the fake black panthers in Atlanta? I think I figured it out. they got dressed up for a lil baby music video. look at 1:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VDGysJGNoI

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

you know the fake black panthers in Atlanta? I think I figured it out. they got dressed up for a lil baby music video. look at 1:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VDGysJGNoI

this is amazing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Elderbean posted:

Any recommended reading on the CIA? Im becoming more and more of an insufferable radical lefty so I'm enjoying any reading on corruption between state and capital.

Legacy of Ashes is a good start because all the information is basically CIA sanctioned and it still paints the worst possible story.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
lol

A4R8 has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Nov 8, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

american tabloid is ofc fictional but it helps you understand how these syndicates develop when elites from the upperworld and underworld converge with a mutual goal, set up byzantine hustles and business deals, recruiting a gaggle of psychopaths to do the wet work etc

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uuuuhhhh

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

really, the thing you should be taking away from that is that she is actually supports and appreciates rape culture, instead of simply wanting to be aware of it

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

bertolt rekt posted:

at first I thought they were saying it was the same EXACT plane, not just the same model

Donald Trump owns Robert Maxwell's old yacht, which he "fell off," the Lady Ghislaine

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Cached Money posted:

Donald Trump owns Robert Maxwell's old yacht, which he "fell off," the Lady Ghislaine

he also previously bought his 90s yacht from adnan khashoggi. uncle of jamal khashoggi and coincidentally the main arms dealer reagan used during iran contra, the scandal our current trump AG bill barr helped cover up. the same bill barr whose father offered epstein a postion at the dalton school. such a small world

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Jamal Kashoggi's father, Adnan Kashoggi, was the brother of Dodi Fayed's mother

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Jamal Kashoggi's father, Adnan Kashoggi, was the brother of Dodi Fayed's mother

i think you mean uncle rather than father

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Spergin Morlock posted:

i think you mean uncle rather than father

if your uncle is someone's brother, then so is your father :confused:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

if your uncle is someone's brother, then so is your father :confused:

haha good point. i'm dumb

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
you might say they were brothers... once removed :ohdear:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dYshiw55Q

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Good crack ping sir thanks

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

You can't do this to me. My brain is already so tired. Like I straight up can't take this. I'm in a coma and I'm dreaming all of this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

an interesting song to be sure.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.dw.com/en/berlin-authorities-placed-children-with-pedophiles-for-30-years/a-53814208

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

yeah thats a tough one to reply to

uhhhh

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

might be a real crack

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

what the gently caress

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
burn the whole loving world to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

reminds me a bit of the pinon affair in belgium which is dutroux adjacent. these youth court judges were tipping off dutroux type fixers wrt vulnerable kids, moving them into foster homes where the syndicate had operatives who would pander them to elite types. mentions a network in that article, probably inevitable they were runnibg a similar op here.