Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Im genuinely glad that he's OK.

Same :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Given the timing I was worried Virgil caught the 'rona and I was kinda relieved when the boys let us know he was ok and just taking a break

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Amber and Matt were great.

Scolding HR managers are the worst vehicle for social change. Having Warren voters as the vanguard of progressivism is baffling because nobody likes them, whatever ideas they are championing. Luckily, since they’re PMC they can’t poison the well of class awareness.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm surprised cth is down 13k since the end of march

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Relin posted:

gwen snyder is the best in the biz

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

If you're hard up for cash patron subscriptions are probably high up on the list of things to go.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the cia was mad about virgils leaving nyc to his parents palatial mansion during covid.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Relin posted:

turns out most podcasts are listened to by people commuting to work (either walking, train, bus, car, etc) and listenership ahs plummeted big time for lots of podcasts.

also post super-tuesday had a lot of crappy chapo episodes . i mentioned before i was like 3 months behind and only recently caught-up while playing Snowrunner and I still had to skip through lots of those march and april ones, they were pretty mediocre and their chemistry and all has been kinda hosed up until recently.

and yeah when people are out of work, furloughed, w/e patreon is kind of the obvious first thing to cut. although cumtown's revenue has actually gone up, so i mostly attribute it to CTH just being kinda bad/middling for a few months post super-tues. and people probably burnt out after bernie

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Jun 16, 2020

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
cum towns at an all time high tho and eps have sucked recently

maybe bernie losing made some people lose interest?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Frosted Flake posted:

Amber and Matt were great.

Scolding HR managers are the worst vehicle for social change. Having Warren voters as the vanguard of progressivism is baffling because nobody likes them, whatever ideas they are championing. Luckily, since they’re PMC they can’t poison the well of class awareness.

i challenge you to make a single post that isn't about PMCs or radlibs

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

chapo did gain a lot during the campaign, so Bernie being done does make sense as being a reason for them to drop. People who are interested in politics as things are potentially going to start getting better might not have their brains broken enough to keep being interested after that potential dies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can't wait for biden to win so I can stop listening to all these people talk about politics

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Autism Sneaks posted:

i challenge you to make a single post that isn't about PMCs or radlibs

I’ll save that for GIP, TFR and the Econ thread.

Podcasts are all about Anna, Amber, Aimee and Angela. Podcasters who talk about class first draw out all of the worst people on the left. It’s impossible for them to not come up in discussion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBg-tN5lRY

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Maybe people are giving up and just want to hear songs where you replace words with "gay" right now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

TeenageArchipelago posted:

chapo did gain a lot during the campaign, so Bernie being done does make sense as being a reason for them to drop. People who are interested in politics as things are potentially going to start getting better might not have their brains broken enough to keep being interested after that potential dies

yeah fair enough, it did gain way more than anything else and would otherwise follow same trend as most

brace and liz are loving living up tho, rich af. first up against teh wall

i'm guessing the drop-off at the end of the month is people not using auto-renew? . it's kinda weird you see a fall-off and then recovery consistently from month to month

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Jun 16, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo, brace

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm starting to see that taibbi article being passed around right-wing facebook groups

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Frosted Flake posted:

I’ll save that for GIP, TFR and the Econ thread.

Podcasts are all about Anna, Amber, Aimee and Angela. Podcasters who talk about class first draw out all of the worst people on the left. It’s impossible for them to not come up in discussion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBg-tN5lRY

i wouldn't call you and the rest of stupidpol "the worst people on the left" but definitely the most misbegotten

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

holy poo poo, brace

ya dude is doing remarkable for an ex-goon (pisspiggranddad). top 8 in podcasts apparently in less than a year of it's launch, that's crazy.

i've never heard of the rest of these though

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tax payers' money at work people.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Xaris posted:

ya dude is doing remarkable for an ex-goon (pisspiggranddad). top 8 in podcasts apparently in less than a year of it's launch, that's crazy.

i've never heard of the rest of these though

literally never heard of TMG or Second Captains, but Matt was talking on the vlog the other day about Spotify buying up Rogan and Last Podcast and I wonder if they'll come knocking on their door. 99% sure they wouldn't take it. the Cum boys though...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Autism Sneaks posted:

literally never heard of TMG or Second Captains, but Matt was talking on the vlog the other day about Spotify buying up Rogan and Last Podcast and I wonder if they'll come knocking on their door. 99% sure they wouldn't take it. the Cum boys though...
I guess it depends if they can keep a Patreon going after spotify buys them and still have Patreon premium rss streams? I didn't realize Spotify was trying to up their market there, I never found it great for podcasts but maybe they've improved that functionality recently, it used to be barebones with no continuation or tracking and limited pool. I ended up recently buying a $1/month sub to Pocketcasts Premium which is really nice since I do most of my listening on my PC since commuting is dead and it does a pretty great cross-sync, played history/timestamps, and continue-from.

Chapo makes a solid 150k/mo (albeit divided up equally among matt, will, amber, felix, virgil(???), and chris(??)) is 25k/mo each which is still a lot pulling in 200k+ a year each). i doubt they would take that to become a spotify exclusive

Nick would def take it if it meant more cocaine. i love the cum boys, but they're already slinging underwear, wallets, and dick pills so uh, yeah they'd do it if spotify offered enough $$$

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lmao imagining Stav doing an ad read for the Epic Games Store

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
realized thinking about that the wrong way, it's not that nick would say yes (he would), but rather spotify wouldn't even approach. given cum's sponsors have consistently just been dick pills, underwear, and wallets (?) for a few years i actualy don't even think spotify would even offer. it'd be considered far too vulgar and definitely isn't accessible to 90%+ of people and i highly suspect spotify would not be interested in marketing CUM TOWN (splooge) brought to you by SPOTIFY

spotify seems more like would be into the more milquetoasty sort of NPR-esque pod save america, and more generic things (like true crime/history/99% invisible/etc type stuff)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when nick has a breakdown we'll find out the ads were just a long-running bit and he's never been paid for them

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Darn, I named my Persona 5 Royal character Virgil Texas as a memorial, what am I gonna do now?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

trueanon is weird chapo but better and more focussed imo - franczak combines menaker and christman's role, and belden does most of the stuff frost and biedeman do

the biggest thing chapo has that trueanon doesn't is, like, pop culture critique, which they're very good at, but trueanon is more dense a package and is another step along with their political analysis imo

american bourgeoisie as the epstein extended universe angle was an extremely smart framing device

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Xaris posted:

realized thinking about that the wrong way, it's not that nick would say yes (he would), but rather spotify wouldn't even approach. given cum's sponsors have consistently just been dick pills, underwear, and wallets (?) for a few years i actualy don't even think spotify would even offer. it'd be considered far too vulgar and definitely isn't accessible to 90%+ of people and i highly suspect spotify would not be interested in marketing CUM TOWN (splooge) brought to you by SPOTIFY

spotify seems more like would be into the more milquetoasty sort of NPR-esque pod save america, and more generic things (like true crime/history/99% invisible/etc type stuff)

Spotify, much like most of these apps, loses a poo poo ton of money but continues to be highly valued by investors gambling that they will be the monopoly in their field in the future. Their strategy of acquiring podcasts follows precisely that. Which means that they will never care or spend money on niche stuff. There's a billion niche podcasts, so buying one isn't going to convince your investors you are about to become the monopoly.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Xaris posted:

Don't forget BetDSI

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

beatmeoffguys dot com

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

being a cia plant has its privileges

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I Before E posted:

Don't forget BetDSI
Oh poo poo that's what it was. yeah, i knew i was forgetting something but my mind was like going blank.

V. Illych L. posted:

trueanon is weird chapo but better and more focussed imo - franczak combines menaker and christman's role, and belden does most of the stuff frost and biedeman do

the biggest thing chapo has that trueanon doesn't is, like, pop culture critique, which they're very good at, but trueanon is more dense a package and is another step along with their political analysis imo

american bourgeoisie as the epstein extended universe angle was an extremely smart framing device
yeah i agree. i've been listening to trueanon around the time it started and it's only ever getting better. I'm still kinda behind on cth and really just don't care that much -- they sort of fell apart and lost that 'energy' earlier this year whereas trueanon has just grown stronger+powerful each week. there's a reason i'm subbed to trueanon, economic update, citations needed, and cum patreons and not chapo. tho i'll probably ditch the last one too and just use a pirated feed 'n donate the money to stav directly on twitch.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yeah trueanon rocks glad i got on board at the start

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i'm guessing the drop-off at the end of the month is people not using auto-renew? . it's kinda weird you see a fall-off and then recovery consistently from month to month

The drop-off with Patreon is usually due to rejected credit cards, either because they're outdated or the transaction wasn't approved (for me, fraud detection has stopped monthly Patreon payments multiple times)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fwiw lately chapo has been getting back on track lately, last episode is interesting and funny

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

fwiw lately chapo has been getting back on track lately, last episode is interesting and funny

This is the White Fragility book one? If so, yes, listening to it now - choice ep.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

plus virgil is back and seems his regular self

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Breadallelogram posted:

plus virgil is back and seems his regular self

neat. i'll have to listen to it but probably sometime this weekend, i'm absolutely swamped with a shitton of work stuff.

did he say what happened, just a break for mental health?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

when nick has a breakdown we'll find out the ads were just a long-running bit and he's never been paid for them

the ad revenue is at a bank he's never been to or even heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grevling posted:

Maybe people are giving up and just want to hear songs where you replace words with "gay" right now.

rewriting songs to be about sucking dicks is always good content