Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

After seeing Jay and Silent Bob Reboot and now that trailer, it's hard to not guess the plot. Not going to spoiler it because it's just a guess. They travel to various alternate futures, trying to change the past/present to alter the future and create the song that unites reality, before settling down and becoming the parents they need to be and letting their kids create the song. Like Affleck's speech in Jay and Bob about having a kid and how you're not Bruce Wayne anymore. "You're Thomas Wayne. Or Bruce Wayne's mom, whose name escapes me."

I'll see it (at home, as I'm assuming this will be a home release), but I won't expect much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I never had high hopes for this movie but the trailer got me a little bit interested. A least it has the original actors, writers and producers, which is more than most properties that get dredged up for sequels these days. The biggest problem is still the loss of George Carlin.

According to Ed Solomon this was stuck in development for so long because they were constantly being asked to do a reboot instead.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah I pretty much can’t not see it, by virtue of it even existing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I am always up for unnerving body prosthetics.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

HD DAD posted:

Their buff prison future selves cracked me the gently caress up, not gonna lie.

Same, lol. It was the obvious prosthetics that made me laugh.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If nothing else, it produced a pretty good reaction gif.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lmao the tattoos.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the plot sounds fun but it looks like an SNL Digital Short that got a super-sized budget, and both guys seem a little out of touch with their characters (which might be a plot point and might just be "they got old", I dunno)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm getting heavy Ricky Coogan Supermutant vibes from Alex Winter in this clip.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
A Night at the Roxbury 2 coming soon.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

thrawn527 posted:

Like Affleck's speech in Jay and Bob about having a kid and how you're not Bruce Wayne anymore. "You're Thomas Wayne. Or Bruce Wayne's mom, whose name escapes me."

:laffo: ok that's a really good joke

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why does Alex's fake body look so weird but Keanu's look like it could actually be him?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

both guys seem a little out of touch with their characters (which might be a plot point and might just be "they got old", I dunno)

Yeah, before this whole thing got underway, I thought Keanu would be fine because he somehow still looks the same, but was a little worried if Alex Winter would still have it.

Now having seen the trailer, it’s the opposite. Bill looks and acts like Bill, but there’s something off about Ted. He looks like serious and worried instead of carefree and happy and a little confused like he should.

But like you said, that could be a plot point about middle-age and Life taking some of the wind out of Ted’s sails and his journey back to being Excellent.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, before this whole thing got underway, I thought Keanu would be fine because he somehow still looks the same, but was a little worried if Alex Winter would still have it.

Now having seen the trailer, it’s the opposite. Bill looks and acts like Bill, but there’s something off about Ted. He looks like serious and worried instead of carefree and happy and a little confused like he should.

But like you said, that could be a plot point about middle-age and Life taking some of the wind out of Ted’s sails and his journey back to being Excellent.

It's 6 years of only ever seeing Keanu with a beard.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

OldSenileGuy posted:

It was the voice for me, he can try, but he can’t take 30 years out of his voice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

Why does Alex's fake body look so weird but Keanu's look like it could actually be him?

Head to body ratio.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, I thought this, too. Keanu's Ted doesn't seem to have the goofy and happy-go-lucky element, and he looks uncomfortable to be there in most of the scenes in the trailer. Alex is still bang on.

Hopefully it was just a poor selection of scenes for the trailer.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

This is the first time i have ever seen Keanu Reeves look his actual age and my heart can't take it.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Rewatching the trailer, I think all of Ted's lines are just from scenes where he would reasonably be distressed. We might have a better idea of how Ted typically is when we see another trailer (or the actual movie, knowing how hosed the world is it might just skip to HBO max next week suddenly).

That said, based on the lone teaser, I am certainly hoping it's good but would understand why it would be bad.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Rewatching the trailer, I think all of Ted's lines are just from scenes where he would reasonably be distressed. We might have a better idea of how Ted typically is when we see another trailer (or the actual movie, knowing how hosed the world is it might just skip to HBO max next week suddenly).

That said, based on the lone teaser, I am certainly hoping it's good but would understand why it would be bad.

I mean it’s the original writers and it sounds like they were able to stand their ground creatively. I have hope

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Head to body ratio.

He's like that 90s fitness guru who was totally yoked but still had the head of a cubicle-planted spreadsheet geek, I wish I could remember his name.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

McSpanky posted:

He's like that 90s fitness guru who was totally yoked but still had the head of a cubicle-planted spreadsheet geek, I wish I could remember his name.

Tony Little?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The way Keanu looks in the role now compared to before is like seeing Kyle McLachlan in the original twin peaks and then looking at him in twin peaks the return.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The script better be good at least; they've been working on this forever; I feel like even 10 years ago they were talking about possibly making a Bill and Ted 3 and the broad synopsis they suggested even back then was exactly this, so they had years and years to refine it.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

man nurse posted:

Yeah, I thought this, too. Keanu's Ted doesn't seem to have the goofy and happy-go-lucky element, and he looks uncomfortable to be there in most of the scenes in the trailer. Alex is still bang on.

Hopefully it was just a poor selection of scenes for the trailer.

I think it's that, plus the effect of being able to see Keanu age over the years whereas no one has given Alex Winter a thought outside of "hey i hear they're making another Bill & Ted movie". Going back and watching the trailer Keanu hits the mark of classic Ted in that scene where they talk to their evil prison selves, but he still just sounds old.

I do wonder genuinely how this movie is going to do. Bill & Ted doesn't seem too high on the nostalgia/retro culture meter for Gen Z (or even Millenials) and I have no idea how much Gen X or older people still care about this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Keanu has an appearance in the Spongebob movie that comes out before B+T. That'll draw 'em in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Felt the editing choices in this trailer mashup were pretty slick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sssgt9nOplI

Cut together by the same dude who did the Saving Private Ryan/Expendables Mashup that I also loved.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Feel like the main result of that is to demonstrate how much more visually striking WW84 is than the sequel trilogy. They try to put in a action beat to try to punctuate something the way the original trailer does and it doesn't hit.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Feel like the main result of that is to demonstrate how much more visually striking WW84 is than the sequel trilogy. They try to put in a action beat to try to punctuate something the way the original trailer does and it doesn't hit.

Might also be because the music doesn't really suit the content maybe? The combination of sight and sound complimenting one another is a big factor in making action beats hit/land properly I think.

I say this because for all its faults, the ST films are a visual treat for me. The Last Jedi in particular.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Right, I'm not saying WW84 is a better-looking movie, but it's doing a comic-panel-come-to-life thing that I think work better with quick flashes of images.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought it was a dope trailer. That music fuckin rules.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

Agreed, I thought it was great.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

CelticPredator posted:

Blue Monday can do no wrong :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLbaOLWjpc

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
BRING ME

MY

MONEY PLANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJmb6mCjmU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Cool, I love dumb heist movies

Would turbulence gently caress up some of the games like roulette

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Wow the cinematography looks like sh-oh hey Thomas Jane I'm in

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

I don't think I've ever seen a movie more accurately capture that "early 2000's FMV video game cinematic" look.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Edge, Thomas Jane, Kelsey Grammer, Denise Richards, and...Joey Lawrence. Oh, gently caress it. I can't not see this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hell, with how few movies are actually coming out this year, this may end up nominated for Best Picture by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRvHl1dThlg