Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Diablo 2 was the best Diablo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I never thought I'd buy a Mario game but I'm actually having a lot of fun with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or whatever the gently caress jumble of a name it is. I fell into a YouTube rabbit hole of beating the game in fun and stupid ways (lowest possible score, never hitting right on the d-pad, etc.) and ended up wanting to check it out. I picked it up during this sale, along with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and they're both great. I actually bounced off of Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, I didn't care for the movement controls and the overworld exploration was sometimes kind of frustrating when I just wanted to get to a new area. Maybe after I've had my fill of these two I'll go back to that.

Have I got a shocking video for you! https://youtu.be/2nseQFs2Rrc

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

:agreed:

Though I am having more fun than I expected replaying Diablo 3 on switch. I think it's because I never got a chance to play Necromancer since I had quit by the time it was added. I'm bouncing around on builds constantly as I get equipment, though. I kind of miss the planning/commitment involved in Diablo 2.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Iron Crowned posted:

20 years ago sure. But it's 2020 now and I'm not restarting just because I think I came up with a real fun build idea

And sure you could download mods and try to make a 20 year old game have modern qol improvements or I can just play something that already has them and is fun

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NofrikinfuN posted:

:agreed:

Though I am having more fun than I expected replaying Diablo 3 on switch. I think it's because I never got a chance to play Necromancer since I had quit by the time it was added. I'm bouncing around on builds constantly as I get equipment, though. I kind of miss the planning/commitment involved in Diablo 2.

The thing I really do hate about D3 is that you can't just hack and slash with a magic user. D2, my first playthrough I was a necromancer and I still just hacked everything up with whatever cool weapons I found, all while making their corpses explode around me and shooting bone spears.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

The thing I really do hate about D3 is that you can't just hack and slash with a magic user. D2, my first playthrough I was a necromancer and I still just hacked everything up with whatever cool weapons I found, all while making their corpses explode around me and shooting bone spears.

I actually kind of like the way they got around this with the Necromancer in particular, since no matter what weapon I am holding I can still do my ethereal scythe slashes and drain life attack. I just picked up a two handed sword with high damage and it doesn't really play any differently. (I suppose that's a good thing and a bad thing, really.) I have to admit though, one of my favorite things in Diablo 2 was making fringe builds like an enchant sorceress who used demon crank or whatever the exploding crossbow was and dumping piercing/exploding bolts on groups of enemies. Unfortunately, Diablo 2 was SUPER unfriendly with elemental immunities in Hell difficulty, so some builds could run into a brick wall at the very end.

Len posted:

20 years ago sure. But it's 2020 now and I'm not restarting just because I think I came up with a real fun build idea

And sure you could download mods and try to make a 20 year old game have modern qol improvements or I can just play something that already has them and is fun

I have to admit, now that I have to constantly go to work and keep up with routine poo poo the idea of starting over is a lot less appealing.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WHY BONER NOW posted:

My fat ds' touch screen died and the culprit was elite beat agents. Now it's just a well lit gameboy advance

Impressive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Iron Crowned posted:

teeth teeth teeth teeth teeth

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

There are good guys in Warhammer?

There are good guys in Warhamer Fantasy

There are, at best, neutral guys in Warhammer 40,000

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

Ring Fit has an apartment mode.

By the way, I noticed a bunch in stock at my local Target and Walmart this week. I think there was a big restock if anyone is looking for a copy.

There had to have been. I've been seeing ads pop up on social media specifically for Ring Fit, and that's officially the first time I've ever typed "ring fit"

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

teeth teeth teeth teeth teeth

Wave goodbye
To what you were
The rules have changed
The lines begin to blur
She makes you hard
It comes on strong
You finally found
The place where you belong
With the teeth

-Trent Reznor

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

There are good guys in Warhamer Fantasy

There are, at best, neutral guys in Warhammer 40,000

:orks:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

Really enjoying the combat in Astral Chain a whole bunch, although the default normal difficulty mode is way too easy, I’ve only encountered one difficult fight whatsoever. Hopefully unlocking new difficulties will test me.

But holy poo poo is there a terrible COPS anime sim attached to this cool action game about aliens and it’s honestly pretty hard to chill out with a game about cool hero cops right now.

The hard mode in Astral Chain isn't really that big of jump in difficulty for the most part (except for like a few bosses). However, the post-game cases get significantly more and more difficult. Plus, the post-game is also as long or longer than the main game in terms of combat time.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I saw the Ring Fit blurb on the News channel last night. So I checked my Best Buy/Amazon/EBGames tabs that I check daily.
Best Buy Canada was sold out online, but 2 out of the 10 closest stores had the Reserve option. Got my confirmation today! Woohoo!
Let's hope I don't get the Covid picking it up, might affect my stamina slightly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

insert "sickos YES...YES" picture here

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1272891680820211715?s=20

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Beat me to the punch about the eat-em-up Carrion. gently caress yeah.

What's the word for when someone mentions a random game and that game suddenly ends up getting ported? It seems to happen a lot in this thread.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Waffle! posted:

What's the word for when someone mentions a random game and that game suddenly ends up getting ported? It seems to happen a lot in this thread.
Can we get four pages of everyone just posting the word "Spelunky"? Thanks in advance.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle! posted:

Beat me to the punch about the eat-em-up Carrion. gently caress yeah.

:pray:
Path of Exile mobile I summon thee!

Tempura Wizard posted:

Can we get four pages of everyone just posting the word "Spelunky"? Thanks in advance.

SPELUNKY!

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Spelunky is my most played game on Steam and it's weird that it's not on Switch because it's on most other things and it's very much a "play 1-2 quick games per day forever" type of game that works well on handhelds.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

More sicko poo poo: Kingdom Hearts coming over

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1272908841261334531?s=20

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Episode I Racer got a new release date: June 23rd.

[get in smiley but it's watto]

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

*stares into the mirror*

Spelunky Spelunky Spelunky

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's a weird rhythm game KH spinoff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I admit I still remember the battle theme and gummy ship these from the original even though I've barely played it. But I have no attachment to kh music.

I hope they bring over the dragon quest and final fantasy tgeaterhythms

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
FALLOUT NEW VEGAS

i would also accept E.V.O.: Search for Eden on the SNES

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS

this would be the deepest cut possible on the SNES app but gently caress I would love that. Please loving add Mario RPG and TMNT please

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lazy_Liberal posted:

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS

Fallout New Vegas will be bundled with Fallout 3 on Switch, so that there are no separate sales numbers to upset Todd Howard

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh yes, I was just wondering about this one yesterday! I played the demo at PAX last year and was interested.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1272920557617438721?s=21
Good luck to anyone looking
Edit: apparently this link is to a site only military members can buy from.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 16, 2020

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

It's too bad that Mistwalkers 2 great 360 RPGs (Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey) are just going to be lost to time.

Both are backwards compatible on Xbox One and are available in the digital shop. Also I'm pretty sure you can grab either of them cheap used if you want a disc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1272920557617438721?s=21
Good luck to anyone looking
Edit: apparently this link is to a site only military members can buy from.

Are new Switches even being made or are Chinas factories too hosed up and locked down?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://youtu.be/R2j6kjNS0CY

Xcom meets custom robo incoming

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So randomly today the buttons on my right joycon don’t work. The joystick works and clicking the joystick works, but A, B, X, Y, R, ZR, and the Home button do not respond. The left joycon works fine. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: Tried everything, updating the controllers finally worked!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks nothing like XCOM you liar

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Are new Switches even being made or are Chinas factories too hosed up and locked down?

China has been producing at near 100% capacity for months now

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That looks nothing like XCOM you liar

It's got base building and it looks turn based?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lazy_Liberal posted:

This is something I've been hoping for since SNESflix started.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

It's got base building and it looks turn based?

The base building looks closer to something like Fallout Shelter than XCOM. And the combat looks like 1 v 1 robot punching with no tactical moving / cover at all?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

The Kingfish posted:

Why the gently caress are the A and B buttons backwards on Dark Souls Remastered??

The question you should be asing is "why are the A and B buttons only correct in Dark Souls and backwards in every other instance on the Switch."

Making the right-most face button the "yes" button is blasphemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The base building looks closer to something like Fallout Shelter than XCOM. And the combat looks like 1 v 1 robot punching with no tactical moving / cover at all?

Sorry for getting your hopes up i guess.