Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

china please do the needful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This makes me want to Budd Dwyer myself on The View with this article sewn to my shirt

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

THOT PATROL posted:

burn the whole loving world to the ground

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hmm seems bad op

money and power rots your brain and moral compass, death to capitalism would be a good start.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

over and over again im trying to find a way to say "par for course, its poo poo all the way down" without making it sound like i dont care or think nothing can be done

pedophiles are so common and the institution of childhood is so new this poo poo is standard. so normal that its swept under the rug at every level of society and accepted by the masses as one of those inescapable friction points to be hand waved, the cost of doing business, boys will be boys, it is what it is

institutional and individual abuses are commonplace and it has to change

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Invisibles timeline and im loving it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Day care is an interesting one because thinking back to my own memories, what do I even really remember? There are some aspects which I know are dreams- my first nightmares involved ascending the basement stairs at the day care house, hearing steps behind me, and turning around and seeing a robed nonhuman figure. I remember not liking being in the basement but both this and the “creepy staircase” type dream are not uncommon or indicative of abuse themselves.

I don’t think anything happened to me, but I’m saying given my age I barely remember anything from that time, so if I did experience anything negative, would I even remember? Would I even have known what was going on? I think about the dissection of Henrietta and Igor and it’s like, there’s nothing you would necessarily know at that point that would clue you in that something was awry. If people acted otherwise caring and considerate, how would you know you were the victim of a crime? Not doubting anyone’s experiences, just my own sketchy memory and thinking about how the psychology actually of being a child impacts the ability to understand the nature of abuse. it’s horrifying

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

What the gently caress.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I was a homeless orphan, but luckily I was adopted by this man into a very loving home.

It's awfully convenient that the German equivalent to NAMBLA was put in charge of rehoming foster kids.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/06/12/human-trafficking-probe/?fbclid=IwAR2s1f77Hznj4aa3nMsZ4BNJndiIovrEkwS9ZF24L8wJ33LQJPtKHA7e4Tg

Toronto cop among 10 arrested as part of child sex trafficking investigation. Truly makes me wonder how often cops use their knowledge of criminal networks that offer the sale of children to rent some of that abuse for themselves. Makes me wonder how often this type of officer is found by the higher levels of sex trafficking networks and offered greater access and heightened protection for their complicity in keeping it all running smoothly.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

And the queen movie was made by a pedophile.
:thunk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1273072613506441216

I'm becomin the freakin joker right now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I was idly speculating today that the reason for the Stephen paddock cover-up is there was a second shooter who got away and they don't know who it was. Paddock shot a guard, opened up for ten minutes, stopped, and over an hour passed before the cops knocked down the door

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Every mass shooter incident has weird holes in the story because cops have no idea how to solve crimes. They only know how to murder Black people, write parking tickets, fire tear gas, and lie.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

nut posted:

there’s a reason almost all of them come from a handful of specific universities

My wife went to the school and program that CSIS recruits from and my FIL was a military intelligence colonel commanding a HUMINT unit that’s still mostly secret but I’m 99.9% sure she really is a boring economist in the civil service.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This is removed, what was it?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SlimGoodbody posted:

This is removed, what was it?

Comedian Chris D'elia is being accused by a lot of underage fans of pedophilia and predatory moves, and also he just happened to do a stint on a podcast earlier this year talking about how "hey you conspiracy types sound craaaaaazy when you talk about Hollywood being run by pedophiles in the shadows!"

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

END ME SCOOB posted:

Comedian Chris D'elia is being accused by a lot of underage fans of pedophilia and predatory moves, and also he just happened to do a stint on a podcast earlier this year talking about how "hey you conspiracy types sound craaaaaazy when you talk about Hollywood being run by pedophiles in the shadows!"

OOF 😬

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol his most reason major role has him playing a pedo comedian in You

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
No One In the Comedy World Is Shocked by Chris D’Elia’s Predatory Allegations

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The deleted tweet video I imagine

https://twitter.com/Drewsyfer_/status/1273083366758215680?s=19

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

also by completely random wouldn't-you-know-it happenstance his dad was/is a well-known producer & director

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

he's also italian

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I could believe this guy's a pedophile but comedian is a stretch too far.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Women from all over the world have been coming out of the woodwork to claim the 40-year-old Netflix comedian was a sexual deviant."

what a sentence to have written about you, good lord

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Puntification posted:

I could believe this guy's a pedophile but comedian is a stretch too far.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

My wife went to the school and program that CSIS recruits from and my FIL was a military intelligence colonel commanding a HUMINT unit that’s still mostly secret but I’m 99.9% sure she really is a boring economist in the civil service.

it’s a living

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

FAUXTON posted:

he's also italian

damning...

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Never heard of this guy, can anyone explain the significance of his killing?

StashAugustine posted:

I had him mixed up with the UN guy who was probably shot down by the CIA

Sweden has had 3 assassinations on high profile statesmen(4 if you count Anna Lindh but that one *seems* like it was just a crazy person, her staying alive most definitely would've had Sweden in a much better place than it is now though).

Theres Folke Bernadotte, murdered by an Israeli paramilitary because of his involvement in a peace mission by the UN in Palestine, Dag Hammarskjöld which is the guy StashAugustine had mixed up, shot down by the CIA in the jungle because of his mediation in Rhodesia. He actually told his 2nd in command not to travel with him that day because he though it was a bad idea to travel together, seems normal right?

And then theres Palme. Palme is actually an old bougie family of great wealth but he traveled the 3rd world and somehow came to the realization that untethered capitalism was a bad idea and became involved in the social democrats of Sweden, personally anointed the next leader by Tage Erlander whom together with Per Albin Hansson built the Swedish welfare state which brought us to our peak in the 60's and 70's.

Palme was just a generic kind of social democrat who because of the leaps of progress of Erlander and Per Albin Hansson had the political mobility to focus attention to international matters, being a generally "leave the 3rd world alone and let them develop in their own way" kind of guy and just an anti-imperialist. Marched with the North Vietnamese ambassador to end the war in Vietnam, that kind of thing. Just a general pain in the rear end to western imperialism. His assassination is most definitely a Gladio thing, and theres a couple of witness testimonies of police moving about where they officially werent at the time of the murder, and because of the police incompetence(or more likely intentionally screwing up) in the early stages of the investigation its virtually impossible to figure out who is a credible witness.

Kissinger wrote a eulogy of Palme which includes

quote:

In the end, transcending all controversies, Palme's passion was for the best in Western value. Wherever peace was threatened or justice was denied or freedom was in jeopardy -- in the Middle East, in Central America, in South Africa, on the issue of nuclear weapons -- Palme was to be found at the cutting edge of the debate."

So pretty sure they just wanted him gone already.

Domestic policy though was just him paving the way for todays succ socdems, like intentionally holding back wage growth so industries could pocket more of the profits on a flimsy pretext of reinvesting the capital and creating more jobs, typical bougie stuff.

edit; also theres probably some deep distrust of SÄPO in socdem circles even today which may explain why they're so willing to allow the rights policies to prevail while only doing token opposition, they've essentially been scared into submission by capital, which is implicated heavily if you buy into the Gladio explanation of the murder.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jun 17, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

whatever happened with the Nickelodeon guy. i remember that twitter account @himmmm was going deep on the nick network, there were epstein connections somwhere. and then abruptly himmm about faced and denied anything untoward was happening at nick or comcast, before deleting their account entirely. iirc someone said they got threatened irl, and not with a lawsuit either.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the lockerby bombing is a rabbit hole too

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

fanfic insert posted:

Domestic policy though was just him paving the way for todays succ socdems, like intentionally holding back wage growth so industries could pocket more of the profits on a flimsy pretext of reinvesting the capital and creating more jobs, typical bougie stuff.

edit; also theres probably some deep distrust of SÄPO in socdem circles even today which may explain why they're so willing to allow the rights policies to prevail while only doing token opposition, they've essentially been scared into submission by capital, which is implicated heavily if you buy into the Gladio explanation of the murder.

I remember reading he was the PM when the Meidner Plan was attempted, which would have been a huge shift in power from capitalists. was that somebody else?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

I remember reading he was the PM when the Meidner Plan was attempted, which would have been a huge shift in power from capitalists. was that somebody else?

Yeah it was him. Anything SocDem in the 70s and early 80's is Palme. It's worthwhile to note tough that the plan was generally pushed by LO, a union org loosely connected to the Socdems, not actually the Socdems themselves. And the defeat of the Plan is mostly responsible of their shift from focusing on the expansion of worker power to a defensive posture of existing power, which is a pretty terrible strategy to take and pretty much guarantees defeat in the long term, which has left us in the position of today where we basically have none. LO really shouldnt be regarded as a trusted organization today. They were involved in trying to force the Gothenburg harbor workers to accept a contract which the negotiator herself said in a private meeting she would never accept working under. It's been a while since I read the particulars of the plan and the politics at the time but from what I recall it wasn't anything good about Palme.

The policy of withholding wage growth was actually a proposal of the right during Palmes last election campaign during which he vehemently opposed it, while secretly committing to it himself while talking to heads of industries, he effectively won that election on the opposition of what he would end up doing himself.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

nut posted:

it’s a living

Short of finding a gun and a stash of passports, I’ll just have to shrug.
If it was anyone else, I’d raise an eyebrow. She really does love economics and travels on an official passport. Seems above board.

The last woman I dated long-term was very obviously an intelligence officer at CBSA who moonlights at a BlogTO / Narcity knock-off. I forget what her nondescript civil service title was.

If I just accidentally outed three people who work in intelligence on somethingawful, that’s not illegal is it?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 03:28 on Jun 18, 2020

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

gh0stpinballa posted:

whatever happened with the Nickelodeon guy. i remember that twitter account @himmmm was going deep on the nick network, there were epstein connections somwhere. and then abruptly himmm about faced and denied anything untoward was happening at nick or comcast, before deleting their account entirely. iirc someone said they got threatened irl, and not with a lawsuit either.

rumor is the nick guy saw where the wind was blowing so he hired a bunch of private investigators and dug up all the dirt on Sumner Redstone that he could so Viacom circled the wagons pretty hard

e: rumor also has it Sumner Redstone was related to the infamous NYC mobster Arnold Rothstein which is plausible, and if true means there's plenty of dirt

Hardon Crime has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Jun 18, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Broke: Heritage Foundation wife guy

Woke: CIA wife guy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hardon Crime posted:

rumor is the nick guy saw where the wind was blowing so he hired a bunch of private investigators and dug up all the dirt on Sumner Redstone that he could so Viacom circled the wagons pretty hard

e: rumor also has it Sumner Redstone was related to the infamous NYC mobster Arnold Rothstein which is plausible, and if true means there's plenty of dirt

these new James Ellroy novels are getting weird

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my partners field is notoriously littered with alphabet soup

sometimes i think the obvious ones are just there to provide cover for the good ones

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

gradenko_2000 posted:

Broke: Heritage Foundation wife guy

Woke: CIA wife guy

Uhhh didn't Frosted Flake (above) have the Heritage Foundation wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Atrocious Joe posted:

these new James Ellroy novels are getting weird

for real, Sumner Redstone is like the name you give an evil Sorcerer in a story you wrote in grade school

e: if you wanna know more about the creep in question, here's an article with Dan Schneider's suspect communique

https://babe.net/2018/08/30/dan-schneider-rumor-77298

Hardon Crime has issued a correction as of 10:37 on Jun 18, 2020