Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

unexplodable posted:

I don't particularly mean offense, I'm more confused than anything, but your posts about Matt's streams are insane. I've watched all his streams and it's like you watched a set of streams from some other reality. I don't recall him saying all this poo poo you post about, or if he did it was a throwaway sentence or two not something I would ever think to post post post about.

I didn’t want to say anything (:rolleye:) but this guy posts a lot about watching something he hates yet doesn’t seem to be very good at watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I haven't thought about Daniel Carver in a while. Thanks for reminding me, Will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHin2c1MBc

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the hell else is she supposed to talk about

this is the kind of cool life experience you only get to have if you're the fail-child of some rich rear end in a top hat.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Indiana is more like the mid south amirite

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/twobugsGaming/status/1272936427043635200?s=20

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What is this book even supposed to "teach" people, it sounds like she just repeatedly recounts how her mandatory racism seminars are miserable and ineffective. At most I feel like it'll make someone throw their hands up and decide racism is intractable or pat themselves on the back over how at least they're not one of the people from the author's anecdotes.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Motto posted:

What is this book even supposed to "teach" people, it sounds like she just repeatedly recounts how her mandatory racism seminars are miserable and ineffective. At most I feel like it'll make someone throw their hands up and decide racism is intractable or pat themselves on the back over how at least they're not one of the people from the author's anecdotes.

It's for cosmopolitan bourgeois liberals and the way they relate to the world is through flagellation, consumption, and patronizing prescriptive frameworks.

Flagellation == "You must atone for your privilege, understand it, be subservient to it because it's essential. You can't do anything about it, it's original sin."

Consumption == "So to help you acknowledge and compartmentalize your sin, read my self-help book."

Patronizing Prescriptive Frameworks == "Black people are just vessels that we pour racism into. Here's how to best interface with them at the workplace while always centering every concern around yourself and your own original sin of racism and privilege."

It's 4 hour work week for scrubbing clean the conscience of a white cosmopolitan lib.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Matts streams are only to be consumed when drunk, and they're fine for that.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Now I need to hear Virgil say that he needs more power

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

sonic tier

if someone suggests going there you wouldn't say no, but it's not a place you think about or go out of your way to ever stop at

What the gently caress

This is far worse than anything Amber has ever said

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Florida Black Lives Matter protester found dead after tweeting that she had been assaulted

quote:

Oluwatoyin Salau, 19, was found dead days after actively protesting in Florida after George Floyd’s death
The family of 19-year-old Oluwatoyin Salau, a woman who recently protested after the death of George Floyd, confirmed that the activist was found dead after being missing for more than a week.

Salau was one of two victims discovered Saturday night off Monday Road in southeast Tallahassee, the Tallahassee Police Department revealed to the Tallahassee Democrat on Monday. The 19-year-old was found a few miles from where she was last seen June 6 at a library off Orange Avenue and Wahnish Way. The other victim, Victoria “Vicki” Sims, had also been reported missing. Sims was a retired state worker and was well-known in her community for volunteering for local Democratic races.

turns out it was just Some Black Guy (even though i dont even think her tweets mentioned the ethnicity, just the fact that it was a guy dressed like a preacher). Nothing to see here folks!!1!!11!1:shepface:

quote:

Man, 49, arrested over the murder of BLM protester, 19, and white woman, 75, was out on BAIL for 'assaulting a woman when she rejected his sexual advances' and had 'attacked another man over racial differences'
Aaron Glee Jr. was identified by police as a suspect after the bodies of Oluwatoyin Salau, 19, and Victoria Sims were found in Tallahassee Saturday
Salau was last seen on June 6; that same day she shared a series of allegations
Records show Glee, who has been taken in custody over the killings, is said to have assaulted a woman when she rejected his sexual advances on May 29
Glee was charged aggravated battery but released on a $2,500 bond on June 1
He was also arrested after an alleged fight over 'racial differences' on May 28
Police have not said if Glee is the same man Salau accused of molesting her

im not going to post tweets, but i will say its nothing short of astounding to see BlackTwitter shift the goalposts practically over night from protesting Police Brutality to toxic black male masculinity.

just amazing :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 16, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
also theres a video on twitter of some black teens throwing a black girl in a garbage can, adding more fuel to the fire of The Discourse

so i guess the protests stop now?

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Race Realists posted:

also theres a video on twitter of some black teens throwing a black girl in a garbage can, adding more fuel to the fire of The Discourse
Dudes rock
Homies over hoes

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

What the gently caress

This is far worse than anything Amber has ever said

Yeah, wasn't gonna say anything but there's only one Culvers in my city and it's a treat to go to. Not trying to start a fast food war, but who compares Culvers to Sonic?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

The insanely racist way in which Chapo ‘fans’ reduce Amber & Virgil to token minorities and not two of the more intelligent and well-read people currently working in progressive media is bonkers. I do not use reddit ever because the good parts of it matriculates here or elsewhere, but every Chapo subreddit post I’ve see always has some weird “Chapo tries to pretend it’s not racist by hiring these MINORITIES, so FAKE” or “they tell Amber to say the craziest ideas so we’ll accept them because she is POC!”

It’s like holding up a carnival mirror to another carnival mirror.... a sub forum of white leftists listening to a couple of Jewish and Asian people talking about how not liking a racist book by a creepy white lady is actually the MOST racist...

will is correct in his crusade against the chapo subreddit

also why would anyone ever read that white fragility poo poo or the others that shot up the nyt bestseller list when they could instead read angela davis

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Doctor Teeth posted:

also why would anyone ever read that white fragility poo poo or the others that shot up the nyt bestseller list when they could instead read angela davis

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is it with subreddits almost invariably turning against the people they're about? It seems to happen across the spectrum (see: Sam Harris' sub)

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Heath posted:

What is it with subreddits almost invariably turning against the people they're about? It seems to happen across the spectrum (see: Sam Harris' sub)

Basic parasocial relationship dynamic. People get frustrated that the person they obsess over doesn't acknowledge them directly so the admiration turns sour. Same behavior you see with stalkers.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm very happy our Dva main boy is back.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Heath posted:

The voices on the computer screen didn't want to be their friend basically

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Heath posted:

The same reason Lowtax doesn’t hardly ever post anymore. Parasocial relationships breed entitlement and toxicity. You feel like you have a relationship with these people because their voice is in your head for a few hours every week or even every day, and it fools the mind into believing you are part of each other’s lives. This leads to disappointment and frustration which leads to anger and aggression.

e: parasocial, not paradoxical

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 16, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

With Sam Harris it was the posters eventually realizing how full of poo poo he was.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bust Rodd posted:

The same reason Lowtax doesn’t hardly ever post anymore. Paradoxical relationships breed entitlement and toxicity. You feel like you have a relationship with these people because their voice is in your head for a few hours every week or even every day, and it fools the mind into believing you are part of each other’s lives. This leads to disappointment and frustration which leads to anger and aggression.

Luckily, the chapos are my friends and are invited to my lan party and will come this time

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Heath posted:

deadpan posted:

Basic parasocial relationship dynamic. People get frustrated that the person they obsess over doesn't acknowledge them directly so the admiration turns sour. Same behavior you see with stalkers.

There's that, but reddit not only has a big ambient population of insufferable and gullible libs and libertarians, it is also ground zero for amateur chud psyop efforts. It's a very volatile place, putting Twitter and SA to shame for certain kinds of drama and bad faith posting.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Doctor Teeth posted:

i wont lie i feel like its only a matter of time before the overton window shifts so hard to the right culturally we end up sounding like chuds

also can we please find Oluwatoyin Salau and Victoria Sim's actual murderer please?

please?:smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
you have to stray that loving line between economic justice and social justice

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

multijoe posted:

Marxist Amber is the best Chapo

Anti-woke culture warrior Amber is the worst Chapo

Where does Big Titty Amber fit into this

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Race Realists posted:

so i guess the protests stop now?

why do you think tweets on the internet would make the protests which are fueled by material conditions stop?

are you dumb?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Amber is bad, but it is very good best boy is back.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Amber owns and is a good litmus test for who I can safely ignore

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Here's another amber too https://twitter.com/i/status/1260589518404694016

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

miniscule12 posted:

why do you think tweets on the internet would make the protests which are fueled by material conditions stop?

are you dumb?

im in no mood to get CatWindowed so i will say this:

Do not underestimate the power of social media platforms (and the forces that control such platforms) to shift political discourse. did you actually read my previous posts or are you just so desperate for an :iceburn:?

Race Realists posted:

im not going to post tweets, but i will say its nothing short of astounding to see BlackTwitter shift the goalposts practically over night from protesting Police Brutality to toxic black male masculinity.

at no point do any of the people making those tweets take into account the circumstances surrounding the grisly murders of these politically active WoCs or even if the person arrested was the culprit at all. its just yass queen poo poo.

why does it seem so much like a concerted effort to cause political infighting? :iiam:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 16, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

it teaches us that you too can run a successful scam no matter the degree of your mental illness

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

Florida Black Lives Matter protester found dead after tweeting that she had been assaulted

turns out it was just Some Black Guy (even though i dont even think her tweets mentioned the ethnicity, just the fact that it was a guy dressed like a preacher). Nothing to see here folks!!1!!11!1:shepface:

This is the Chapo thread in RGD, mate. You're not even in the right subforum

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Motto posted:

What is this book even supposed to "teach" people,
To buy more self help books.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

This is the Chapo thread in RGD, mate. You're not even in the right subforum

i figured since this was a thread about a political podcast, id post about political things, and the protests have been frequently talked about on the show as well as this very thread.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

I think there is a subforum for discussion things like this. It's under D&D, The Minority Rapport, you should go post in there.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

miniscule12 posted:

I think there is a subforum for discussion things like this. It's under D&D, The Minority Rapport, you should go post in there.

seriously? may i ask what exactly ive posted that is irrelevant the last five episodes? i honestly want to know.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 16, 2020

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If they kicked you out there, the nominal forums for race issues, what makes you think we want to hear your unsolicited opinions on 'Black Twitter' here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

multijoe posted:

If they kicked you out there, the nominal forums for race issues, what makes you think we want to hear your unsolicited opinions on 'Black Twitter' here

i honestly havent posted in there since 2017, and i believe you were missing the point of my last posts (which was these peoples assassinations deaths being used to deliberately cause infighting among the protests going on right now). i admit i should've been more clear in my previous posts that its more than just that particular niche of twitter (it was not my intention to throw them under the bus, considering i interact and spend a majority of my free time on that part of twitter as i am a PoC as well).

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 16, 2020