Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This is a new contender for my favorite Cio face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

eke out posted:

lmfao

god bless you tom

"tha wants to do it again?"
"no. maybe. we'll talk later"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tulip posted:

This update may be my favorite thus far.

same

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Well, so much for those chairs.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If angels can walk on flimsy wooden floors, they can politely pantomime sitting in flimsy chairs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

pseudorandom name posted:

If angels can walk on flimsy wooden floors, they can politely pantomime sitting in flimsy chairs.

They can, they just chose not to.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

wiegieman posted:

Well, so much for those chairs.

He might just be kicking up dust by sitting really hard in between them.

Also not nearly enough appreciation for panel 4 Allison face in here.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I don't think "flimsy" and 10 Vigilant Gaze go together, ever.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

10 Vigilant Gaze invented protecting the flimsy.

10 Vigilant gaze can pet four kittens simultaneously.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

10 Vigilant Gaze invented protecting the flimsy.

This is an extremely good point and I concede it.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I love this wise old crab.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
10 Vigilant Gaze's greatest secret is nobody will notice him if he doesn't declare his presence with "HO THERE!"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

10 Vigilant Gaze solidifying his place as my favourite Brian Blessed character.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I can’t help but hear everything 10vg says in the same voice as Seigmeyer from dark souls.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MikeJF posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze solidifying his place as my favourite Brian Blessed character.
I can't believe Brian Blessed is still in his prime at 83.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBhe3fCblQ

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1273079782666838017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

rannum posted:

I love that Solomon not only gave him a clean new toga he also thoroughly had his armor cleaned.

I mean considering the hordes of eliminants from the Battle Royale were offered big prizes (and most chose death), I'd say one of the Final Three (Cio and Juggs not counting) gets something nice.

SD: "So... wealth and power?"
10VG: "..."
SD: "Run one of my world's law enforcement?"
10VG: "..."
SD: "...Temple donations?"
10VG: "I won't say no"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze's greatest secret is nobody will notice him if he doesn't declare his presence with "HO THERE!"

That's just a general angel trick. This page's alt-text:

"Angels, despite their size and their armored shell being extremely heavy, can move incredibly quietly when they need to. This incredible agility was purportedly granted to them by the god Koss in order to better apprehend evildoers, but angels most often use it to try and not disturb people when walking up and down stairs and on wood floors."

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hell yes more Vigilant Gaze. Definitely one of my favorite characters in this story. And that little speech was super cool.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It's ironic because 10 Vigilant Gaze practically makes his catchphrase out of saying hello.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

GunnerJ posted:

It's ironic because 10 Vigilant Gaze practically makes his catchphrase out of saying hello.

It makes a lot of sense considering what his old job was :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Remind me, is Juggs also an igneous angel?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Darth Walrus posted:

Remind me, is Juggs also an igneous angel?

Yes. It's an age signifier: harder = older: White Chain is liquid, Delicious was vapor, 2 Michael is Crystal.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 17, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no, no, delicious was a VAPER

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A newly born/made angel is a Plasma Angel. A really, really, really old angel is a Bose-Einstein Condensate Angel.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Are we supposed to pronounce 10VG's H differently? Since I noticed it I keep reading it as a loud, wheezy "HHH" but the Brian Blessed thing seems better.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The Halogens posted:

Are we supposed to pronounce 10VG's H differently? Since I noticed it I keep reading it as a loud, wheezy "HHH" but the Brian Blessed thing seems better.

He's just very old-fashioned, he hasn't updated his fonts since his last reincarnation.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I thought the angel scale topped out at neutron.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Happy Underpants posted:

I thought the angel scale topped out at neutron.

There’s only one Neutron Angel, Metatron, who is apparently as old as the universe.

So presumably if we let Metatron keep going indefinitely we could find new, exciting forms of Angel matter. I don’t suggest it though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Joe Slowboat posted:

There’s only one Neutron Angel, Metatron, who is apparently as old as the universe.

So presumably if we let Metatron keep going indefinitely we could find new, exciting forms of Angel matter. I don’t suggest it though.

Singularity Angel

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shugojin posted:

Singularity Angel

That's Ys-Un though right?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
So happy to have more of Cool Grandpa Angel.

:kimchi:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
You can't become a master of Fierce Horse Soul Style without being able to exert the most gentle of forces against your opponents, and by extension, the worlds and those dwelling upon them.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

Maya cannot abide terrible swordsmanship.

Meti's sword manual posted:

You must never make 'multiple' cuts. Each must be singular in its beauty, no matter how many precede it. You must make your enemies weep with admiration, and likewise should your head be shorn off by such an object of beauty, you must do your best to shed tears of respect.
In order to complete a cut the blade must move from its starting position to its end. However each cut must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal. Thus a cut will finish 1/2 of its motion before it must then finish an additional 1/4 of its motion, followed by an additional 1/8 of its motion and so on. Thus a cut is not a singular continuous motion but an infinite series of discrete cuts which can never reach its goal.

The secret nature of Cutting is an impossibility. (This is a lie).

Algid fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 18, 2020

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Dangit, Zeno, get outta here. You know you're banned from this walkthrough dining establishment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Algid posted:

In order to complete a cut the blade must move from its starting position to its end. However each cut must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal. Thus a cut will finish 1/2 of its motion before it must then finish an additional 1/4 of its motion, followed by an additional 1/8 of its motion and so on. Thus a cut is not a singular continuous motion but an infinite series of discrete cuts which can never reach its goal.

The secret nature of Cutting is an impossibility. (This is a lie).

A singular smooth cutting motion may accelerate and slow at the end, but it is still a singular motion that does not falter or waver in its task. Its path is true, its bearer's hand steady. The Cut is the creation it leaves, dividing a whole into even halves that still reveals the whole. This is Royalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A singular smooth cutting motion may accelerate and slow at the end, but it is still a singular motion that does not falter or waver in its task. Its path is true, its bearer's hand steady. The Cut is the creation it leaves, dividing a whole into even halves that still reveals the whole. This is Royalty.

You know you could just say that Zeno was full of it.