Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And all they had to do is have two old men murder each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuji Nagata, NJPW New Japan Cup, 17/06

To quote that tweet, two grandpas fighting over the last Werther's original

nth, absolutely owned

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuji Nagata, NJPW New Japan Cup, 17/06

To quote that tweet, two grandpas fighting over the last Werther's original
nth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 2 6/17

Two old men beat the utter poo poo out of each other and it absolutely loving ruled from start to finish. God I wish this had been in front of a crowd but even in an empty arena it was just so loving great.

I mean I think everything about this was incredible with an amazing ending stretch. Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. El Desperado, NJPW New Japan Cup, 16/06

I can't go to MOTYC cause it took a while to get going but the ending absolutely ripped

Jerusalem posted:

Two old men beat the utter poo poo out of each other and it absolutely loving ruled from start to finish. God I wish this had been in front of a crowd but even in an empty arena it was just so loving great.

nth

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

What a loving match. Consider this the nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Add me to the chorus for Ishii/Despy as HM. I actually bit on the Guitarra de Angel. Partly because I had it in the back of my head that maybe Desperado would play spoiler to Hiromu and set up a Jr title match for Dominion.

nth this

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Doesn’t need it but nth for indomitable spirit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The ending put Nagata/Suzuki up to a MOTYC for me too.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Jerusalem posted:

Another completely unnecessary Nth but.... holy loving poo poo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cowboy Bebop vs. The Old and the Restless, Dynamite tonight

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

YWAH

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'll give a HM to Sabian & Havoc vs. the Young Bucks. Both of my HMs are on the weaker side, but I also think they're worth watching.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Nth

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: Best Friends vs. Le Sex Gods, AEW Dynamite 6/17/20

this was a good match that was elevated by the super hot angle after

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

another borderline HM for me, I'm nthing, not going to blame anyone for not following suit on these. a very solid show with little blow away stuff.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

I'll give a HM to Sabian & Havoc vs. the Young Bucks. Both of my HMs are on the weaker side, but I also think they're worth watching.

Aye Doc posted:

nth to both

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

Nth'n these

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Second

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Another MOTYC for Nagata/Suzuki

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can anyone do a quick "What to watch" for NJPW Cup nights 1/2? I was sick this week so I'm way behind on wrestling

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can anyone do a quick "What to watch" for NJPW Cup nights 1/2? I was sick this week so I'm way behind on wrestling

These are the cup matches ordered from best to worst imo. Number one is the only thing that's unmissable and the top two are the only ones you should go out of your way to watch but everything else bar number eight is worth watching. I tuned out of the tag matches

1. Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuji Nagata
2. Tomohiro Ishii vs. El Desperado
3. Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Yuya Uemura
4. Kazuchika Okada vs. Gedo
5. Hiromu Takahashi vs. Tomoaki Honma
6. Togi Makabe vs. Yota Tsuji
7. Taiji Ishimori vs. Gabriel Kidd
8. Toru Yano vs. Jado

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

These are the cup matches ordered from best to worst imo. Number one is the only thing that's unmissable and the top two are the only ones you should go out of your way to watch but everything else bar number eight is worth watching. I tuned out of the tag matches

1. Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuji Nagata
2. Tomohiro Ishii vs. El Desperado
3. Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Yuya Uemura
4. Kazuchika Okada vs. Gedo
5. Hiromu Takahashi vs. Tomoaki Honma
6. Togi Makabe vs. Yota Tsuji
7. Taiji Ishimori vs. Gabriel Kidd
8. Toru Yano vs. Jado

Nice one, thanks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Watch the first 2 minutes of Yano vs Jado and then skip to the last 30 seconds and it’s a fine comedy match

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The tag match from night 1 is also worth watching, partially because it contains a few extra minutes of Suzuki and Nagata forearm-ing the poo poo out of each other, and that's always a value add.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A good rule of thumb is don't skip Suzuki-gun multimans

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Aye Doc posted:

Nth to both of these. Neither quite hit MOTCY but both were solid and enjoyable.

Also going to add:

HM: Cody Rhodes vs Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite 6/17/20

This was everything I wanted out of a 20 minute TV title match. Great showing from Starks, who has unlimited upside.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 18, 2020

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

HM: MJF vs Billy Gunn. Dynamite 17/6. Look I'm probably the only person who will nominate this but it's just the kind of thing that I really like, ok?

Aye Doc posted:

nth to both of these too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Superbad Squad vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Dynamite 17/06
HM: Le Sex Gods vs. Best Friends, AEW Dynamite, 17/06

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Kenny & Hangman vs Natural Nightmares
HM: Superbad Squad vs. Young Bucks
HM: Le Sex Gods vs. Best Friends

All from AEW Dynamite 17.6. Turns out that AEW has a really loving good tag division.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

Watch the first 2 minutes of Yano vs Jado and then skip to the last 30 seconds and it’s a fine comedy match

It's the one case where the cut-down nature of the cards hurt it badly. On a traditional 8-9 match card they would probably have let it go 3 or 4 mins, but because this is only 5 and we want to try hit 2 hours, nope, gotta go 10.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
MOTYC: Suzuki vs. Nagata
MOTYC: Ishii vs. El Desperado

Ishii/Desperado might be slightly boosted in my view by me not realizing it was the main event and therefore being convinced that each fall was going to end the match. Not sure if I've ever bit on that many consecutive false finishes before. But yeah, loved both these matches.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Akitoshi Saito for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH GO FORWARD (6/14)

The second defence of Go Shiozaki's reign and another fantastic match. It didn't have the weirdness of Go/Fujita but was a fantastic empty arena match nonetheless. This marked the eleventh anniversary of the death of Mitsuharu Misawa with the two surviving participants in his final match paying tribute to their deceased partners. Saito pointing to the sky before hitting Go with the move that he literally ended Misawa's life with was a pretty ballsy move that I'm still left mouth agape at.

2nding this. Some real emotion in this, some vicious stiffness, Shiozaki's machine gun chops for example, Saito more than held up his end and this well exceeded expectations.

Also say that even without understanding a lick of Japanese Saito's post-match promo thanking Go for helping him finally move on from 2009 is extremely powerful

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 20, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: #DAMNHEARTS (Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk & El Lindaman) (c) vs Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi & Saki Akai) for the KO-D 6 Man Championship - DDT TV Show #7 (6/20)

I don't know if it was the excitement of getting to see live wrestling again or the emotion from Saki breaking down in tears after winning or if it was just that good but this was one of the best matches I've seen this year. The six man belts are the best belts for great matches. T-Hawk and Lindaman are such amazing shitheads in this and all three of Eruption played their roles so well.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 20, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just a quick check, I assume this was 6/20 and for DDT?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just a quick check, I assume this was 6/20 and for DDT?

That's right sorry. Edited in.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: #DAMNHEARTS (Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk & El Lindaman) (c) vs Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi & Saki Akai) for the KO-D 6 Man Championship - DDT TV Show #7 (6/20)

I don't know if it was the excitement of getting to see live wrestling again or the emotion from Saki breaking down in tears after winning or if it was just that good but this was one of the best matches I've seen this year. The six man belts are the best belts for great matches. T-Hawk and Lindaman are such amazing shitheads in this and all three of Eruption played their roles so well.

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Blake Christian vs Myron Reed, GCW: The Wrld on GCW, Part 2, 6/20/20

I have to imagine it would have been even better if they didn't have to have that match in the sweltering sun.